AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-05, 22:49   Link #1221
whitecloud

Kuro usagi will become energizer bunny...immortal...
Old 2014-03-05, 22:56   Link #1222
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Kuro usagi will become energizer bunny...immortal...
Soo many valid Bunny upgrades! who knew?

Speaking of, any PC gamers that played OverGrowth? It's one of the best martial arts games ever. With bunnies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttIPntwiREE

All Rabbits are relevant.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 23:00   Link #1223
BionicMeerkat

I loled hard when I skipped a bit into the video and saw a rabbit get wrecked by a roundhouse kick to the face Very amusing

Have a question regarding a series? Feel free to tweet at me @BionicMeerkat

Editor @ Baka-Tsuki for Mondaiji, Black Bullet, Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Rakudai

RIP in pieces Black Bullet and Strike the Blood
BionicMeerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 23:06   Link #1224
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicMeerkat View Post
I loled hard when I skipped a bit into the video and saw a rabbit get wrecked by a roundhouse kick to the face Very amusing
Epic isn't it? Totally relevant.
Old 2014-03-05, 23:09   Link #1225
BionicMeerkat

Definitely high entertainment value, that is for sure. Also relevant since Kuro Usagi seems to favor attacking with her legs... Or at least that is how it seemed in the anime and in a couple of chapters

Editor @ Baka-Tsuki for Mondaiji, Black Bullet, Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Rakudai

Old 2014-03-05, 23:13   Link #1226
anonfr

Quote:
Definitely high entertainment value, that is for sure. Also relevant since Kuro Usagi seems to favor attacking with her legs... Or at least that is how it seemed in the anime and in a couple of chapters
I think you're correct. I also felt an emphasis on her leg strength more than anything else.

So I'm justified, video is completely on topic!
Old 2014-03-05, 23:16   Link #1227
BionicMeerkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I think you're correct. I also felt an emphasis on her leg strength more than anything else.

So I'm justified, video is completely on topic!
Heh i wouldn't see why not. Or is animesuki kinda firm on stuff that can be viewed as irrelevant or off-topic? I have no idea

Old 2014-03-05, 23:19   Link #1228
anonfr

Quote:
Heh i wouldn't see why not. Or is animesuki kinda firm on stuff that can be viewed as irrelevant or off-topic? I have no idea
Not quite clear either. It really depends on if a mod decides to take notice and intervene. For example, on some threads with rampant shipping wars waging, a mod will descend to intervene and shut down the thread. But on other forums with even more intense shipping wars being wages, it'll go ignored and be left for the shippers to destroy each other.

Mod's can be cruel in a way...

I'm mostly joking around, but I still like to be on the right side of things.
Old 2014-03-05, 23:28   Link #1229
BionicMeerkat

Quote:
Not quite clear either. It really depends on if a mod decides to take notice and intervene. For example, on some threads with rampant shipping wars waging, a mod will descend to intervene and shut down the thread. But on other forums with even more intense shipping wars being wages, it'll go ignored and be left for the shippers to destroy each other.

Mod's can be cruel in a way...

I'm mostly joking around, but I still like to be on the right side of things.
True, True... well, I guess I'll leave a relevant pic since it features the OTP, Kuro Usagi and Izayoi. All credits to artist, of course!

Old 2014-03-05, 23:59   Link #1230
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
I'm not so sure about that. I mean, Kuro Usagi has never been weak, if anything she's second to Izayoi on her team, and probably stronger than Yo and Asuka.
Putting aside Asuka, Yo might be stronger than her as of the latest volumes.

Quote:
But the thing is, does she really need a power up that badly when she's barely ever allowed to fight?
The thing is, whenever she does fight, she usually loses, or is ineffective or, as was the case with Roc Demon Lord, she's treated as a joke.

Quote:
I think they should do something about all her restrictions more than anything else.
I agree with that.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 00:48   Link #1231
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Putting aside Asuka, Yo might be stronger than her as of the latest volumes.

The thing is, whenever she does fight, she usually loses, or is ineffective or, as was the case with Roc Demon Lord, she's treated as a joke.

I agree with that.
Yeah, you're right. As for whether or not Yo is stronger, she might be, but she went past her limits and became the weakest. That needs to be addressed, and they need to find a way for her to be able to use that strongest form again. Also Kuro Usagi can only use 1 ability at a time. If she bypassed that, it would give a better comparison, since if she could use her gifts freely she would be stronger all around.

Also, Kuro Usagi typically has terrible luck as far as match ups go. Plus she's always treated like a joke. Roc Demon Lord is super high tier. She's one of sage siblings of Sun Wukong like Kouryuu. I think she's closer to Izayoi's level. That's not really a fair baseline for who's tough.

I think generally, all the problem children need some rounding out at this point. Asuka's been growing at a steady pace, but the rest need some consistency, since lack of consistency lead to all 3 of them getting trashed and knocked down a peg. Yo and Kuro Usagi don't even have their abilities right now.
Old 2014-03-06, 02:08   Link #1232
whitecloud

Isnt genome tree is said to be mutating yo tho? As it could Change the user form into something not human anymore?
Old 2014-03-06, 02:18   Link #1233
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Isnt genome tree is said to be mutating yo tho? As it could Change the user form into something not human anymore?
It's more speculated. Sort of like Izayoi it's not something entirely understood. The finer point in the gift is that it can combine traits of different animals, sort of creating combos that don't exist anywhere else in nature (That worlds nature).

But the thing is Genome tree got destroyed. Yo doesn't have it anymore. That needs to be fixed before anything else gets figured out.
Old 2014-03-06, 12:11   Link #1234
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
You can live without a power up? I'm sorry. I'm not sure I can. After someone bringing Caerbannog into this, I think I just need it. Like crack.

I NEEDS IT!
Resist your worldly desires for the sake of a Wabbit that can still be called "cute".
As stated above, please no more Viscious Streak.

Quote:
I think Kuro Usagi really could use a power up, she's been worfing the whole series.
Ever heard the term "bio-setting"? Well, sometimes an actor is there only to make the stage look good. Ain't no problem with that.

Quote:
Nah, nevermind, there's only Kuro Usagi. BUT! Yeah. She needs more opportunities to fight for one, she needs to get her divinity back second, she needs less restrictions third, and after all that, a power up would make more sense.
What Wabbit needs is her wabbit ears and plushie tail. And a nice romantic setting with a certain (little bloody and ragged) prince charming. Cave in to public opinion author. CAVE IN NOW!!!

Quote:
I can also live with that. Swinging a sword around is prince charming's job. Damsel in distress should just wait, act cute, and have a nice first night once the curtain falls. You get my meaning. If you don't, go watch Hidan no Aria's first episode, and the first "awakening" of Hysteria Kinji. You'll get it (in a guaranteed-to-be-hilarious fashion at that!).

Quote:
But the thing is Genome tree got destroyed. Yo doesn't have it anymore. That needs to be fixed before anything else gets figured out.
It's mutation bro, mutation. Her DNA was so dilluted with other traits that she doesn't even need the Genome Tree anymore. Or at least, if I was to write the series, I'd go with that as a plotgoal, and do some very dramatic (or ridiculous) introduction of the fact when we least expect it.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 15:35   Link #1235
Alyxis
Mad Hatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RpR1337 View Post
Resist your worldly desires for the sake of a Wabbit that can still be called "cute".
As stated above, please no more Viscious Streak.

Ever heard the term "bio-setting"? Well, sometimes an actor is there only to make the stage look good. Ain't no problem with that.

What Wabbit needs is her wabbit ears and plushie tail. And a nice romantic setting with a certain (little bloody and ragged) prince charming. Cave in to public opinion author. CAVE IN NOW!!!

I can also live with that. Swinging a sword around is prince charming's job. Damsel in distress should just wait, act cute, and have a nice first night once the curtain falls. You get my meaning. If you don't, go watch Hidan no Aria's first episode, and the first "awakening" of Hysteria Kinji. You'll get it (in a guaranteed-to-be-hilarious fashion at that!).

LOL... But still, it wud b nice if she cud b more active in future battles cuz come on r moon rabbits suppose 2 b servants 2 d strongest specie in LG nd seeing as she is d heiress nd d lst of her kind she cud @ least live up 2 their reputation.
Alyxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 17:36   Link #1236
Quol
That Guy

Speaking of Genome tree, Kuro Usagi isnt exactly a human and You befriended her. Does that mean she could use Kuro Usagi's powers?
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 17:56   Link #1237
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
Speaking of Genome tree, Kuro Usagi isnt exactly a human and You befriended her. Does that mean she could use Kuro Usagi's powers?
Wow, I don't know the answer but that is a good question. You would think she can from your logic. I wonder.
Old 2014-03-06, 17:58   Link #1238
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
Well, kuro usagi is a divine species so yes, but You wouldn't be able to use her divine weapons since they aren't part of her natural abilities.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 18:20   Link #1239
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Well, kuro usagi is a divine species so yes, but You wouldn't be able to use her divine weapons since they aren't part of her natural abilities.
But it does mean Yo would be able to get herself some sexy rabbit legs to hop around with. Right?

So why hasn't she..
Old 2014-03-06, 18:25   Link #1240
BW95
Banned

Quote:
But it does mean Yo would be able to get herself some sexy rabbit legs to hop around with. Right?

So why hasn't she..
You can copy the natural abilities of any species she befriends like speed and strength. This aspect is additive so every time she befriends a species its speed and strength are added to her own. So maybe she was using Kuro Usagi's speed, but it just wasn't said.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, sneaker bunko