AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-02, 13:15   Link #1221
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

I been wondering, could those unknown female pilots in the OP be from Glacies? Since Glacies was founded by Returnees, their ancestors could have come from Northern Europe, which would explain the runes. Also since they use rocket powered point defense fighters it could explain why their flight suits look more space suit like. Their suits are designed to deal with the extreme g-forces at launch.

I wonder if their attack pattern is similar to that of the Bachem Ba 349... or that of Daimler Benz Project "E".
Old 2011-12-02, 16:03   Link #1222
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
I been wondering, could those unknown female pilots in the OP be from Glacies? Since Glacies was founded by Returnees, their ancestors could have come from Northern Europe, which would explain the runes. Also since they use rocket powered point defense fighters it could explain why their flight suits look more space suit like. Their suits are designed to deal with the extreme g-forces at launch.

I wonder if their attack pattern is similar to that of the Bachem Ba 349... or that of Daimler Benz Project "E".
Spoiler for Northern Europe?:

Last edited by encia; 2011-12-02 at 16:29.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 16:35   Link #1223
The Based

Spoiler for Episode 8:
The Based is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 17:05   Link #1224
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Episode 8

Glorious battle... The Silvius is truly overpowered. Not only does it have the two massive cannons mentioned earlier above but it has also carried over a more advanced version of the rocket propelled guns used by the Silvana.

We get to see the Glacies' pilots in action too. They speak Russian Glacies is very much modelled after the old USSR. The Glacies rocket-boosted fighters are the steam-punk versions of the Mikoyan MIG-25s.

Need to rewatch.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 17:10   Link #1225
stormwaltzing
Little Master

Spoiler for WELP:
Old 2011-12-02, 18:21   Link #1226
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Spoiler for Northern Europe?:
The more I look into it, the more I am starting to think the writing we saw is in fact in the Phoenician alphabet. From which Germanic runic scrip and the Greek alphabet descended from. That would lend credence to the they are in the past theory.
Old 2011-12-02, 19:18   Link #1227
azarhal

This show really shine when it come to ship battles.

Spoiler for Glacies and more:

@Steve_Nix: I think we have a winner! Phoenician alphabet is really what those writing looks like. Not all the symbols matched Nordic runes. Which actually rise a few questions now. Like why would Phoenician would speak Russian? Also, Ades stole their land! Phoenician Empire map.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 21:10   Link #1228
Friday
Im shy too...

Quite an exciting episode!!!
where to start.....

I do believe those other pilots spoke Russian and looking forward to them fighting along side Silvius in a coordinated attack on Ades.

As for the battle it self......awesome!!!!!
knew she take a few of them out and escape.

At the end it shows that Fam & Co have capture 14 ships, so 1 more to go
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 21:15   Link #1229
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
At the end it shows that Fam & Co have capture 14 ships, so 1 more to go
I think with Anshar they already have 15. Don't know why they didn't include it in the ending though.
Old 2011-12-02, 21:22   Link #1230
Shadow X
Stargazing

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Old 2011-12-02, 21:27   Link #1231
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

can someone explain what happened to giselle all i hear is "i feel bad for her"
Old 2011-12-02, 21:37   Link #1232
apsody243

The Glacies pilots are speaking Russian.
They have an incredibly thick accent so it took me a while to recognize it but its definitely Russian.
apsody243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-02, 21:55   Link #1233
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsody243 View Post
The Glacies pilots are speaking Russian.
They have an incredibly thick accent so it took me a while to recognize it but its definitely Russian.
One of the VA is Russian: Jenya, her ANN page haven't been updated yet. She's also listed as helping with the "script". She voice Uiora/Viola.

And while they speak Russian, their names are less Russian than Tatiana:
ディアン (Deanne/Diane?),
ウィオラ (Uiora/Viola?),
プリームラ (Purimura/Primera?)
マグノーリャ (Magunorya/Magnolia?)

Not sure who's is who.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 00:26   Link #1234
rulfo

This ep's decisions are so weird on many levels for me that I can't help but nitpick while I was watching it.

A big step down from last week's awesome build up.

Oh well.. Poor Giselle though..
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 03:46   Link #1235
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 8:

Spoiler for Episode 8:
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 06:33   Link #1236
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Haha subs come out less than an hour before Animax's airing time.

Edit:

Well now that was one hell of an episode. Even though it was one ship versus a whole fleet clusterfuck, superior tech and excellent tactics got the Sylvius through. No doubt the tactics they learned back in their planet of exile was useful in this more traditional world.

Giselle's slow breakdown and Millia's (temporary?) replacement reminds me a whole lot of what had eventually happened with Claus and Lavi. Despite everything Fam still wants to take responsibility for what she thinks is her fault and make amends. It would be easier to just sit there and do nothing, arguably the Sylvius would have gotten out even without her help, but she decided to do something anyway.

Blog post later.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2011-12-03 at 07:32.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 07:56   Link #1237
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

So, they construct flagships so that they sink with a single shot from a handgun? Design flaw much? I mean, really, learn from what happened to the death star.

And with the entry of loli russians this show is starting to remind me of that WWII sim where they replaced the leaders with little girls.

I guess I could have expected this much when they started the first episode with underage cameltoe, but except an amazing voice cast and doujin potential this show has little going for it, so far. Sorry if I'm cussing in the church.
Lange Neus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 08:58   Link #1238
Jarppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange Neus View Post
So, they construct flagships so that they sink with a single shot from a handgun? Design flaw much? I mean, really, learn from what happened to the death star.

And with the entry of loli russians this show is starting to remind me of that WWII sim where they replaced the leaders with little girls.

I guess I could have expected this much when they started the first episode with underage cameltoe, but except an amazing voice cast and doujin potential this show has little going for it, so far. Sorry if I'm cussing in the church.
Hardly any anime is perfect, just enjoy the ride. Watching "little" girls is much better than little boys tho and this is doing good job. First series was so damn good and this isnt bad either.
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 09:06   Link #1239
encia

Episode 8

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Old 2011-12-03, 09:10   Link #1240
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange Neus View Post

For the lift action, it may need the claudia coils to be exposed i.e. for cooling or field emitter for anti-gravity. Ades federation didn't design the claudia coils like the Urbanus' hardened claudia coils.

Tags
adventure, science fiction