AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-24, 17:39   Link #1221
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Anyone noticed the reference?

"Get in the Valvrave, Haruto!"
Nope. Sorry. Could you elaborate?
Old 2013-10-24, 17:55   Link #1222
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Anyone noticed the reference?

"Get in the Valvrave, Haruto!"
"Get in the Gundam, Amuro!"

Was it that?
Old 2013-10-24, 18:16   Link #1223
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Nope. Sorry. Could you elaborate?
Eva.

Gendo: "Get in the damn robot, Shinji!"
Old 2013-10-24, 18:28   Link #1224
blackwhite67
Banned

How many generations could pass in 200 years?
Old 2013-10-24, 18:31   Link #1225
Key Board
Carbon

probably around 8~10
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-24, 18:35   Link #1226
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
How many generations could pass in 200 years?
Well a consensus is held every 10 years in most countries. That's considered a generation in modern societies.

However, in a literal sense, a new generation begins with one's offspring. Ancestor = 1st gen(progenitor)...grandfather = lets say 15th gen, father = 16th gen, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
probably around 8~10
Its incorrect to say that. If the literal meaning is used, then it could be even more than that depending on the rate at which they reproduced OR since they are immortal, it could even be less than that. (i.e. they were in no hurry to reproduce.)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-10-24 at 19:06.
Old 2013-10-24, 18:50   Link #1227
Key Board
Carbon

I'm thinking about normal human generations
I'm still not sure if Kamitsuki can reproduce
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-24, 19:05   Link #1228
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
I'm thinking about normal human generations
I'm still not sure if Kamitsuki can reproduce
Well yea, going by human lifespans & reproduction rates, then it'd roughly be between 8-10 gens.

200 yrs/20 yrs = 10 gens (give or take 10 years for slowed reproduction or poppin' out babies like crazy.)
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2013-10-24, 19:31   Link #1229
Fjoergyn

It seems that Saki is who can know the past of L-Elf, maybe in their infiltration know more details of his life and suffering suffered.
Old 2013-10-24, 19:40   Link #1230
Frozt

I think Saki not is pregnant. The 2 month time skip has passed and she should have had some hints to being pregnant already, unless its happen behind screen. Though, I do believe that Haruto is not actually done feasting on anyone else other than L-elf. A big surprise to me was in the ending when Saki was in the puddle that was red from blood with somewhat of a tight shirt on ( might have been haruto's or someone else's.) next, it has show Haruto crying as he is about to attack someone with his vvv curse on(it is someone important to him). Which makes me believe that he still attacks Saki and then the next scene has him lying down on snow.

I'm not sure but this is just my food for thought.
I figured just this because I am taking screen writing classes and one thing my sensei loves to emphasize on is how well you place words/images.

also the very last image of l-elf and haruto shows that they conquered/revolutionized/freed the world from the magius which is quite obvious.

Shoko tries to help Haruto with his burden, while Saki just flows with him which is two complete opposites.

the constant spinning of the screen also relates to how time passes much like clocks
Old 2013-10-24, 20:04   Link #1231
Key Board
Carbon

it could be the other way around

Saki said in the first episode that she might get seizures one day
and this episode, she is shot
that might or might not mess her up, like Haruto did
Old 2013-10-24, 20:15   Link #1232
Frozt

Quote:
it could be the other way around

Saki said in the first episode that she might get seizures one day
and this episode, she is shot
that might or might not mess her up, like Haruto did
That's very plausible.

I enjoyed read your prediction, but there is one thing that I couldn't really go with and that was

Quote:
Here's my completely un-based speculation. At the time this is written episode 3 has not yet aired.

Saki and Hinowa will be captured
at the same time H-Neun and Kriem will run into trouble with the Magius
H-Neun will help Saki escape in exchange for his own defection to Jior.
If Kriem is still alive, she will come as well. And if they're lucky, they might also spring out Lieselotte in the process.

If Lieselotte is acquired, that will be the seed of the 3rd Galactic Empire since they have a monarch now.

H-Neun will start interacting more with Saki.
The gap in the opening between Marie and Saki is reserved for H-Neun
After being rejected too many times, Saki will decide that she won't become a burden to Haruto anymore.
When she gets rune cravings she will snack on H-Neun
Haruto will notice that
and he'll become uncomfortable
after that? well.. we'll see

/speculation end
the bolded part. Haruto proposed to Saki and she declined, she is also as close as she can be to him without making anyone suspicious that they like each other. This connects with the idea that she is an idol and cannot be tied down to anyone publicily, which is she didn't worry about him publicly or did anything to the extreme in episode 14 to show her feelings for him. But when Haruto and Saki are alone with each other (with the exception of a few, like l-elf and the sensei., she turns in the 100% loveydovey/worry mode.
This series is very fast pacing so by the time Saki starts to get cravings, I think Haruto will be there in time for her to feast on him.
If this was seinen I would agree with you without a doubt, but the fact this is shoujo and sunrise, normally the main heroines stick to the main heroes. Of course the Shoko and Haruto getting pushed away from each other surprised me, but I think they will reconcile as friends but not as lovers and go about with L-ElfxShoko and HarutoxSaki.

then by rejection, what are you referring to?
Him rejecting the idea of feasting on her? Because i think she knows that he doesn't feast on her because she knows that he believes that hes a burden to her and that she doesn't like it which is the opposite probably.

Last edited by Frozt; 2013-10-24 at 20:26.
Old 2013-10-24, 20:26   Link #1233
Key Board
Carbon

well.. the way I am seeing this
Haruto does not want other people to sacrifice themselves for him
but he is okay with being the sacrifice for other people (as shown in episode 14)
I think he has a messiah complex, coupled with a self loathing I am a monster complex. (for now)

if Saki makes it clear that she needs his help
he will probably not refuse it

but that's only if she makes it clear
I think there's a part of her that feels like she is a burden to him
Old 2013-10-24, 20:40   Link #1234
Frozt

Quote:
well.. the way I am seeing this
Haruto does not want other people to sacrifice themselves for him
but he is okay with being the sacrifice for other people (as shown in episode 14)
I think he has a messiah complex, coupled with a self loathing I am a monster complex. (for now)

if Saki makes it clear that she needs his help
he will probably not refuse it

but that's only if she makes it clear
I think there's a part of her that feels like she is a burden to him
I think the only way for her to feel a burden to him is Haruto not feasting on her, which is weird because that would aim this series to be more eroge than anything.
If anything Saki wants to feel a burden to him because she always wanted a connection with someone. So she can shoulder it with him and go about it together.

Well, anything is possible with this anime, though i'm going to sticking with the cliche of it being shoujo and have a somewhat happy end with our 4 protagonists.

Food for thoughtsaki started off terible)
With tragic heroines (not in a tragic story) there is a certain point they fall to before they start to climbing up to see the light, for Saki I believe that was her assault episode. Based purely on observation, everything after that episode has shown a more happy Saki(with haruto). It's not always going to flowers, but her life will start to shine more brightly with her future lover than she was an idol.

My saki glasses are on, but I don't ship a pair but rather ship the pair that makes Saki the happiest.

For Shoko,
More bad has to come before her life starts turning good again. (she started off well)
Haruto assaulting Saki -> Dad killed ->Losing your youth to become a prime minister -> worry about others first ->keeping secrets from your crush(haruto)
I believe that is a lot more issues to come to Shoko before she shows a 100% happy smile again.
Old 2013-10-24, 22:09   Link #1235
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I've always seen as a more uneven balance, and that Haruto thinks he's sharing more than any actual balance and sharing is done. I know that for the plot's sake they aren't going to have L-11 kill and replace Haruto as of now. However, do I think he would do so if the plot so allowed? In a heartbeat. And as to which would be more disastrous, it's obvious that Haruto and Neo Jior need L-11 a whole lot more than he needs them. Yes, he needs them and the Valvraves for his goals, but if everything hit the fan and he had nothing, he would still survive, even if he had to work on his own or on the underground. He had a plan before the VVV, and he would make up a new plan even if ditched Haruto. As to killing Haruto, it's his status as pilot of VVV1 that make him important to L-11, if he gives that up or decides to just give up and die, L-11 would kill him, replace him, and move on.
However, without L-11 Neo JIOR and all the Valvraves would be dead in the water. They depend wholeheartedly on his plans and his military prowess at this point. Before that, it was simply blind luck that they survived this long.
I've always seen it this way as well. Haruto thinks it's even, but it's not. I believe it will be part of his character development. I agree, without L-elf, they would have lost in episode 8 of the show. He taught the students how to defend, and organize themselves. Haruto has gotten quite self-important while not intentional definitely shows, thinking he's the only one who needs to bear this curse, when there are a variety of people that exist in the module, such as Thunder who would think it's "cool" and wouldn't treat it as a curse. L-elf can replace him, and he will if Haruto proves too difficult to manage. When L-elf said he'd kill him and find a replacement, he meant it. However, as long as Haruto willingly continues to fight, it saves him the work of replacing him. However, if Haruto proves to difficult to work with, he will off him if he proves detrimental instead of a benefit, at least now he feels that way. No telling what will happen in the future.

Quote:
It seems I might be right about Satomi
About replacing Raizo?

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-10-24 at 22:37.
Old 2013-10-25, 01:50   Link #1236
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I've always seen it this way as well. Haruto thinks it's even, but it's not. I believe it will be part of his character development. I agree, without L-elf, they would have lost in episode 8 of the show. He taught the students how to defend, and organize themselves. Haruto has gotten quite self-important while not intentional definitely shows, thinking he's the only one who needs to bear this curse, when there are a variety of people that exist in the module, such as Thunder who would think it's "cool" and wouldn't treat it as a curse. L-elf can replace him, and he will if Haruto proves too difficult to manage. When L-elf said he'd kill him and find a replacement, he meant it. However, as long as Haruto willingly continues to fight, it saves him the work of replacing him. However, if Haruto proves to difficult to work with, he will off him if he proves detrimental instead of a benefit, at least now he feels that way. No telling what will happen in the future.
This episode really showed how unequal they are. Haruto completely depends on L-elf's plans, even when he contributes, it only as part of L-elf's total leadership. Also L-elf will do what he wants when he wants if he thinks it necessary.

Quote:
Well, the first kamitsuki mentioned must refer to Marie, but how could Renbokouji have lived this long?
I think the first one is Marie too, and Satomi's obviously been turned into a Magius too since there's no way he'd live for 200+ years and never age without becoming an immortal. It seems everybody's turning into darn space vampires now.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-25, 01:56   Link #1237
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
About replacing Raizo?
I'd say so, Raizo is the most reckless pilot so far
I think he might get killed
Old 2013-10-25, 02:01   Link #1238
Irenesharda

Quote:
I'd say so, Raizo is the most reckless pilot so far
I think he might get killed
Actually, from what we see with Saki, the other pilots have just as much immortality and invulnerability as Haruto does, so I'm guessing Kyuma and Raizo are the same. I'm now thinking that Satomi doesn't replace anyone, but perhaps at one point, he's mortally wounded protecting Akira, and she either turns him into a Magius to save his life herself, or begs someone else to do it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-25, 02:01   Link #1239
Fjoergyn

The 7 gold really exists, because only appears Saki in action xD
Old 2013-10-25, 02:03   Link #1240
Irenesharda

^ Awesome...
I say he gets VVV2 and steals it from Cain.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Closed Thread