Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-11, 20:31   Link #1221
shadow1296

Old 2013-11-11, 20:38   Link #1222
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Has there been any new info about the content being included for the BD/DVD release?
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 21:01   Link #1223
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Monkey Boy is one of those guys who do Rage Quit? That just made me like Monkey Boy more
Old 2013-11-11, 21:17   Link #1224
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Has there been any new info about the content being included for the BD/DVD release?
I'll let you know in a day or two when mine arrives in the mail!
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 21:24   Link #1225
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

oooooh please take pics of the boxing and stuff

Cheers

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 22:59   Link #1226
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Quote:
I already got my copy of RWBY volume 1 today, however its the DVD version. I preordered the Blu ray version from their booth, while I was attending NYCC. The weird thing is that I got a confirmation e-mail on Oct.29, regarding my order, and it lists it as the Blu ray version.

Just so you know the order was not done through the Roosterteeth Store, but by Cinedigm. Since they are the responsible for the distribution.

Therefore I have to wait till tomorrow to hear from them. Since it already late to call them, so e-mailed them about my order.

As for the DVD haven't opened it, seeing as may have to send it back for my correct order.

The bonus features, read from the back of the case.
Behind-the-scenes Videos
Fan Art Highlight
Director Commentary

There is also something that may have been added at the last minute to the BluRay/DVD. Easter eggs of some sort about some audio files, from one of their own trying to out due their recording performance. Just cause he thought he could do better, let's just say his better was his worse.

Last edited by ScorchingFlames; 2013-11-11 at 23:13.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 23:07   Link #1227
shadow1296

i don't think there is any difference in the features in the dvd or blue- ray because of their prices, the rooster teeth store shows the prices are about a 5 dollar difference and from my experience when a dvd and blue ray has that little difference in price they have the same features in both except one is a higher res than the other

Last edited by shadow1296; 2013-11-11 at 23:27.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 01:57   Link #1228
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Seriously Cinder has more chance of having links with Goodwitche (sister, ex-friend, etc.) and not with Yang and Ruby...

Cinder is Badwitche hum brief ...

and one question season 2 for when? :s
Old 2013-11-12, 05:02   Link #1229
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Seriously Cinder has more chance of having links with Goodwitche (sister, ex-friend, etc.) and not with Yang and Ruby...

Cinder is Badwitche hum brief ...

and one question season 2 for when? :s
If I had to take a guess, I would say Mid July on their web site. With a premier in late June or early July at RTX 2014.

As for the DVD/Blu ray, I wsh they just do a DVD/Blu ray combo pack, as a pose to having them separate. Having it as a combo pack would be cheaper than buying them both separate, but also slightly pricier than buying a single blu ray.
Old 2013-11-12, 05:48   Link #1230
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchingFlames View Post
As for the DVD/Blu ray, I wsh they just do a DVD/Blu ray combo pack, as a pose to having them separate. Having it as a combo pack would be cheaper than buying them both separate, but also slightly pricier than buying a single blu ray.
Haven't seen it anywhere else, so I don't know if it's legit, but here.

Also, Monty did a Yes/No Ask Me Anything on his Twitter last night. It's all the Yes or No tweets, ending shortly below the retweeted pic of someone's homemade Sun staff, and starting quite a ways down the page (for now).

Highlights:

Yang and Ruby are blood-related but not cousins, and we will find out why their names are different.

Someone (not Monty) does not realize that "step-sisters" is not part of "blood-related".

There will be more diverse characters in Volume 2.

We will see more of Adam and the Malachite twins, and much more of Sun and Penny.

We will see more about the girl Yang was...ah...squeezing Junior for information about.

We will get an explanation about the moon.

The next season/volume should look better.

Apparently the world is called Remnant, and the continent is called Vytal. (this is the question that triggered the AMA)

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2013-11-12 at 06:13.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 06:51   Link #1231
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchingFlames View Post
I already got my copy of RWBY volume 1 today, however its the DVD version. I preordered the Blu ray version from their booth, while I was attending NYCC. The weird thing is that I got a confirmation e-mail on Oct.29, regarding my order, and it lists it as the Blu ray version.

Just so you know the order was not done through the Roosterteeth Store, but by Cinedigm. Since they are the responsible for the distribution.

Therefore I have to wait till tomorrow to hear from them. Since it already late to call them, so e-mailed them about my order.

As for the DVD haven't opened it, seeing as may have to send it back for my correct order.

The bonus features, read from the back of the case.
Behind-the-scenes Videos
Fan Art Highlight
Director Commentary

There is also something that may have been added at the last minute to the BluRay/DVD. Easter eggs of some sort about some audio files, from one of their own trying to out due their recording performance. Just cause he thought he could do better, let's just say his better was his worse.
Aw, I was hoping to have the trailers as part of the extras, too.
Old 2013-11-12, 07:04   Link #1232
CBredbeard
Banned

So they're half-sisters?
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 07:16   Link #1233
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
So they're half-sisters?
That's my thought. Either that or full sisters with some story-related explanation for the different names. From his tweets, they're blood-related (not adoptive relatives or relatives by marriage) and they're sisters (not cousins, aunt/niece, etc.). Doesn't leave many options.

I guess Ruby's parents could be the alternate universe versions of Yang's, or vice versa... ^_^
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 08:37   Link #1234
CBredbeard
Banned

Or maybe Ruby is a clone of Yang's mother!?
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 10:28   Link #1235
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Personally I expect the explanation to that to not be so outlandish.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 11:45   Link #1236
Funkatron
Highly irregular

I could have sword it was mentioned in show that they have the same dad (the episode where Yang appreciates the guys during that sleepover) so maybe different mothers?
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-12, 12:36   Link #1237
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

I unfortunately don't think that Best Buy would have the DVD/Blu ray combo pack. I would be great if they did. However on the Cinedigm website, they list DVD/Blu ray as separate items. Cinedigm is responsible for the distribution of the DVD/Blu rays, but they have not list a combo pack.

Quote:
Aw, I was hoping to have the trailers as part of the extras, too.
I'm pretty sure that the trailers are included, cause looking back on the RvB, they never listed them on the bonus features on the box. However the trailers for RvB were there, especially anything Roosterteeth related that also got released on DVD. So it's probably safe to say that the RWBY trailers are included.

Still playing the waiting game, for a response from Cinedigm. I might just give them a call later.
Something just occurred to me, it possible that I may have the Blu ray version. But, Cinedigm may have just ran out of cases, so may had to resort to using DVD cases instead.
Old 2013-11-12, 12:55   Link #1238
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

lol time to open the case and find out!
Old 2013-11-12, 13:50   Link #1239
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post

Highlights:

Yang and Ruby are blood-related but not cousins, and we will find out why their names are different.

Someone (not Monty) does not realize that "step-sisters" is not part of "blood-related".

There will be more diverse characters in Volume 2.

We will see more of Adam and the Malachite twins, and much more of Sun and Penny.

We will see more about the girl Yang was...ah...squeezing Junior for information about.

We will get an explanation about the moon.

The next season/volume should look better.

Apparently the world is called Remnant, and the continent is called Vytal. (this is the question that triggered the AMA)
GOOD thanks you I can't wait season 2 now !!!!!!!!!!!!

So Yang is really looking for a "girl" this girl we thought it was Blake so now I want to know who is this girl
Old 2013-11-12, 17:29   Link #1240
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Well I just got hold of their costumer service by phone, and apparently it would seem I wasn't the only one that had gotten DVD version rather than the Blu-ray. Cause one of their representatives had told me that they received similar calls regarding their wrong order.

They have no idea why people have been getting the DVD, rather than the Blu-ray. But they told me I will hear from them within the next 24 hours.

I wonder if there were people had this same problem with their season 11 of RvB copy.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby