AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-07, 07:33   Link #1221
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Here's Tais again. Time is after Shiro no Pantsu incident here Ginga got a letter from Subaru about a Ghost but before the offical memo got sent. Not well written at all.

Spoiler for Mistaken identity is embarrassing or an encounter with the Lieutenant Colonel:

Tais is going to be soo dead

Looks like the coffins are going to be used
Tais stories are getting even better with each new one I hope he survives this one

So far I don't know where my guys could pop up aside from assaulting Hayate's bedroom in the morning (which wouldn't be the best idea to come up with ). Will keep observing the situation further

/*Mirian and Sarah are watching at the monitors displaying the perimeter of RF6 residence (Ramsus is gone to contact the bounty hunters and Anatoly is busy with his job as an Instructor)*/
Mirian: Your remotely controlled floating stealth cameras are wonderful, Sarah!
Sarah: Could you expect anything less from me?
Mirian: Of course not. Anyway, what are we going to do about this?
/*One screen shows a picture of Hayate's bedroom viewed through the window with a person looking like Reinforce sleeping with her on the bed*/
Sarah: We'll report it to the Commander.
Mirian: Can't we try to capture it ourselves? You surely have more tricks up the sleeve.
Sarah: Don't be stupid. We'll have enough trouble if our shadowing RF6 is discovered. For now we'll continue observing and await further orders.
Mirian: O~kay. You're no fun ...
Old 2007-06-07, 07:45   Link #1222
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Here's Tais again. Time is after Shiro no Pantsu incident here Ginga got a letter from Subaru about a Ghost but before the offical memo got sent. Not well written at all.

Spoiler for Mistaken identity is embarrassing or an encounter with the Lieutenant Colonel:

Yes, Tais is gonna kick the bucket this time Although I don't think it's too bad to have Hayate and Rein on the same bed... until his true identity is revealed

I declare this EPICLY GOLD

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-07, 07:55   Link #1223
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I so want to just throw in Saga pissed off and coming directly to obliterate the little bastard. :3

Then again, it's supposed to be comically death-inducing, so I'll see where this goes.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-07, 08:47   Link #1224
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
A thought on villains and their Mage Rankings:

As far as I can tell, in the actual canon Nanohaverse, the mage ranking of someone who hasn't actually taken a TSAB-proctored mage ranking exam is based on estimates, especially from some vague form of readings of magical ability ("over 9000" and all that). This measures magical ability and nothing more.

I wonder if there should be another data field for villains: namely, "Threat Rating". A villain with a high Threat Rating may have a low magical rank but is still highly dangerous due to some other factor, be it mechanical or scientific or manipulative genius, or physical strength.

This way, the villain's actual magical ability and their threat level are separate, as I think they should be. Granted, since the mage ranking for non-tested mages is based off estimates anyway, the character in question can use their ingenuity or some other method to seem to have greater magical power than they really do.
That's basically what I did for Threshold and Pain. The estimated mage ranking for them are B and AAA+, but the threat ranking for both of them are S+.
Old 2007-06-07, 08:56   Link #1225
An Hero in Disguise
Human

/*Sarah and Mirian reporting to Serge in his office*/

Sarah: ... so that's how it is. We continue the observation right now. What would be your orders, sir?
Serge: Very interesting indeed. Do you have any evidence that the shown person is actually the one we're looking for?
Sarah: Only the visuals, sir.
Serge: I see. If I were there I could tell for sure ...
Mirian: Sir, if you allow me, I have an idea.
Serge: Let us hear it.

================================================== =======

So, are there any plans of what becomes of Tais next or I can take responsibility of snatching him out of there?
Old 2007-06-07, 08:59   Link #1226
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

This was meant to be only 1/3rd of Part 7...but I had so much butterflies in my stomach writing this, it became an entire part of it's own lol.

Anyway, Part 7 is HERE. Aka the part with the most pre-romance cheese talk you find in lame Hollywood movies. The next part will be the actual cheese, and maybe a wee bit of N-17 depending. I've never really tried doing those before.

Spoiler for Part 7: Interlude:

Should be less than than 5 or 6 parts to go now!

Anyway, give your comments. I've always been half-bad at this kind of cheesy romantic stuff thingy, so input is appreciated. :3

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-06-07, 09:04   Link #1227
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

There are some plans of what happens next, nothing set in stone yet. So feel free to snatch him. To tell the truth, I have no idea yet on how to continue this.
Old 2007-06-07, 09:08   Link #1228
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
This was meant to be only 1/3rd of Part 7...but I had so much butterflies in my stomach writing this, it became an entire part of it's own lol.

Anyway, Part 7 is HERE. Aka the part with the most pre-romance cheese talk you find in lame Hollywood movies. The next part will be the actual cheese, and maybe a wee bit of N-17 depending. I've never really tried doing those before.

Anyway, give your comments. I've always been half-bad at this kind of cheesy romantic stuff thingy, so input is appreciated. :3
You don't seem bad in romantic stuff to me, I for example can't write something like that at all Another great chapter, and Astra made me smile
Old 2007-06-07, 09:08   Link #1229
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

As someone who was written more than his fair amount of similar cheese in the past (See Glock's Profile), I must say I like how this one played out without going overtly melo. And Saga's thoughts on the matter with Tiara I can somehow relate to.

And Astra certainly made it a whole lot better, but...

Quote:
“So, have you jammed it in?”
*falls off chair*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-06-07, 09:28   Link #1230
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

LOL, I was so engrossed with Nightengale's story that I totally miss that reference. That was so funny. More please

PS: If anyone else wants a piece of Tais, please check with An Hero in Disguise so that conflicts wouldn't happen. Also, season on Tais hasn't ended yet so no permission need to be asked on using him
Old 2007-06-07, 09:31   Link #1231
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
@ OC stories...

nicely done, though Mabiko's...

*is trying hard to seal that image under police tape*

@Thread

Question: when is the best point in the canon timeline can i start an OC story? I'm kind of raring to type in but, seeing that there are stories that are on going, it's kind of bad form to just butt in.
Old 2007-06-07, 09:35   Link #1232
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
@ OC stories...

nicely done, though Mabiko's...

*is trying hard to seal that image under police tape*

@Thread

Question: when is the best point in the canon timeline can i start an OC story? I'm kind of raring to type in but, seeing that there are stories that are on going, it's kind of bad form to just butt in.
*wipes bloody nose*

That depends on you really. Some of use here like our OC stories from canon past, some in the present, and others in the future. I myself set my canon stories in StrikerS present, but with most of the stuff set in flashbacks. It depends on what you're going for really, whether you'd like to shed some more light on your OC, or simply interact with the other OC's.

Old 2007-06-07, 09:59   Link #1233
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

To add to Lowe, it really depends. If you want an easy to write story and just want to interact a bit with the CC's or OC's, then the best place to insert them is StrikerS, as we have a 10 year gap which we can fill with just about anything and you don't have tto worry about canon too much.

If you are willing to go through some troule, you can do what I do and set your character at any point in time. However, what I do is a bit harder and time-consuming, not to mention you will walk on the AU path. Not that that really matters, since almost everyone does that here, but setting your character in the written stories is a lot harder, since you can't do anything to change the actual storyline.
Old 2007-06-07, 10:05   Link #1234
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
To add to Lowe, it really depends. If you want an easy to write story and just want to interact a bit with the CC's or OC's, then the best place to insert them is StrikerS, as we have a 10 year gap which we can fill with just about anything and you don't have tto worry about canon too much.

If you are willing to go through some troule, you can do what I do and set your character at any point in time. However, what I do is a bit harder and time-consuming, not to mention you will walk on the AU path. Not that that really matters, since almost everyone does that here, but setting your character in the written stories is a lot harder, since you can't do anything to change the actual storyline.
In the end, I'd say that the most important thing overall, is balance. Be it the actual intergration of stories and characters, it's moot if they don't give a feeling like they'll fit and still make sense even if we never see them since they're not canon. Characters from distance past needs to have a semblance of what the Nanoha-verse showed us like the Belkas and all, present needs to maintain a balance without throwing the side of the show on the loop among other things. Future is hard to do without prediciting abilities, unless you want it to be set elsewhere far away that spoils the meaning of a in-universe story.

Btw, where's your 5th knight? If you're short on time, just gimme the gender, weapon-type and how he/she fights. If all goes well, she'll be within my story's Part IX, which is just 2 parts away. :3

Old 2007-06-07, 10:34   Link #1235
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

I'm not qualified to give advice, but I inserted mine during StrikerS and kept them more or less off screen from StrikerS canon aka they happen between the actual episodes like the sound stages. It is much easier than starting an OC in the past or future as I can interact with both Canon characters as well as the various OC in this thread. Don't know if that helps you any but this is just my 2 cents.

Like Nightengale has said, balance is important. Although I myself have no idea did I balance my characters (ok, I'll make Tais take the next few mage tests to up his ranking) and story integration well.
Old 2007-06-07, 11:06   Link #1236
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
There are some plans of what happens next, nothing set in stone yet. So feel free to snatch him. To tell the truth, I have no idea yet on how to continue this.
Alright. Special Section D enters the stage.

Spoiler for Covert Operation:

Hope it wasn't too out-of-place

EDIT: small adjustments were made

Last edited by An Hero in Disguise; 2007-06-07 at 11:31.
Old 2007-06-07, 11:07   Link #1237
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Keroko, you want a ride in Firehawk? I'll give you a ride!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Tais stories are getting even better with each new one I hope he survives this one

So far I don't know where my guys could pop up aside from assaulting Hayate's bedroom in the morning (which wouldn't be the best idea to come up with ). Will keep observing the situation further

/*Mirian and Sarah are watching at the monitors displaying the perimeter of RF6 residence (Ramsus is gone to contact the bounty hunters and Anatoly is busy with his job as an Instructor)*/
Mirian: Your remotely controlled floating stealth cameras are wonderful, Sarah!
Sarah: Could you expect anything less from me?
Mirian: Of course not. Anyway, what are we going to do about this?
/*One screen shows a picture of Hayate's bedroom viewed through the window with a person looking like Reinforce sleeping with her on the bed*/
Sarah: We'll report it to the Commander.
Mirian: Can't we try to capture it ourselves? You surely have more tricks up the sleeve.
Sarah: Don't be stupid. We'll have enough trouble if our shadowing RF6 is discovered. For now we'll continue observing and await further orders.
Mirian: O~kay. You're no fun ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
/*Sarah and Mirian reporting to Serge in his office*/

Sarah: ... so that's how it is. We continue the observation right now. What would be your orders, sir?
Serge: Very interesting indeed. Do you have any evidence that the shown person is actually the one we're looking for?
Sarah: Only the visuals, sir.
Serge: I see. If I were there I could tell for sure ...
Mirian: Sir, if you allow me, I have an idea.
Serge: Let us hear it.
Here goes. HI-HO, SILVERRRRR!
Spoiler for Like a bolt of lightning...:

EDIT: R1 Special has been removed. Full post is later.

EDIT: GOD EMPRESS HELP US!!! Once again, my slow typing has created a continuum void. Hero posted while I was typing this for the past hour... Now what are we going to do?

Quote:

Wise words indeed!

Last edited by Kha; 2007-06-07 at 12:30.
Old 2007-06-07, 11:18   Link #1238
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
GOD EMPRESS HELP US!!! Once again, my slow typing has created a continuum void. Hero posted while I was typing this for the past hour... Now what are we going to do?
My-my, PIME TARADOX! Any suggestions?

EDIT: I can adjust mine a little.
Old 2007-06-07, 11:19   Link #1239
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post

EDIT: GOD EMPRESS HELP US!!! Once again, my slow typing has created a continuum void. Hero posted while I was typing this for the past hour... Now what are we going to do?
... split?

I liked both yours and Hero's scenarios (Hero's Metal Maid Solid Ops and Kha's Crazy Firehawk Flying with accompanied squealing ), shame they just had to conflict.

There's always the quantum-mechanical solution of split alternate worlds, or we could go for the way democracies do: with a vote

Old 2007-06-07, 11:20   Link #1240
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
... split?

I liked both yours and Hero's scenarios (Hero's Metal Maid Solid Ops and Kha's Crazy Firehawk Flying with accompanied squeling ), shame they just had to conflict.

There's always the quantum-mechanical solution of split alternate worlds, or we could go for the way democracies do: with a vote
I will adjust my ending a bit, check it in some minutes.

EDIT: made an adjustment, but Hayate/RII will have to act differently in Kha's ... the rest didn't have time to know of the events.
Closed Thread