AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-23, 19:50   Link #12381
pampz21
ShipCore

Speaking of jealousy...Erika gets the best of it

And Tatsuya's attractiveness to Miyuki is limited to her appearance; unlike u know who#!

Edit: I almost forgot about Tatsuya's birthday celebration.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-23, 19:59   Link #12382
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Speaking of jealousy...Erika gets the best of it

And Tatsuya's attractiveness to Miyuki is limited to her appearance; unlike u know who#!

Edit: I almost forgot about Tatsuya's birthday celebration.
Ichihara Rin? He has a great appreciation for her goal to raise magicians' standings in society.
Old 2014-03-23, 20:01   Link #12383
Seitsuki
Onee!

When the hell would jealousy be something you need to have the right to do? I mean, it's such a logical, allocatable and reasonable thing isn't it? 'Alright as a newcomer you are permitted 2 base units of jealousy/week, increasing by 10% every year, events automatically give +.05 units for the week plus an additional 1 base unit for every additional member henceforth, relationship upgrades will be rewarded accordingly; units can be redeemed as such: sulking 0.5 units, angry outburst 1 unit, tsundere display of violence 4 units which will put you in the red at this point so be sure to make it up later with additional events later...' well actually yeah fuck this harem shit. God damn.
Old 2014-03-23, 20:05   Link #12384
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Ichihara Rin? He has a great appreciation for her goal to raise magicians' standings in society.
When did I talk about her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
When the hell would jealousy be something you need to have the right to do? I mean, it's such a logical, allocatable and reasonable thing isn't it? 'Alright as a newcomer you are permitted 2 base units of jealousy/week, increasing by 10% every year, events automatically give +.05 units for the week plus an additional 1 base unit for every additional member henceforth, relationship upgrades will be rewarded accordingly; units can be redeemed as such: sulking 0.5 units, angry outburst 1 unit, tsundere display of violence 4 units which will put you in the red at this point so be sure to make it up later with additional events later...' well actually yeah fuck this harem shit. God damn.
Yeah fuck dish harem shet#! Lets do this harlem shake

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-23, 20:07   Link #12385
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Not refering to the emotion here, but rather the way they act based on the emotion. That emotion like any other is irrational, however the actions taken based of the emotion can be controlled.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-03-23 at 20:47.
Old 2014-03-23, 20:11   Link #12386
Seitsuki
Onee!

Sorry, I just got really ticked off by all the..argh. Guess I'll follow Lare's example and bow out. You guys have fun.
Old 2014-03-23, 20:13   Link #12387
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
1. For one thing, Tatsuya is her guardian and they are required to be near each other. Another thing, Miyuku and Tatsuya can act independently from each other. Please see Mahouka Koukou no Yuutousei. Also, Tatsuya prefers Miyuki to be close by and the feeling is mutual.

2. Showing affection is different from the perspective of other. Yes, the affection that the shiba siblings for each other is transcendent from normal siblings. Tatsuya spoils Miyuki and Miyuki is willing to serve Tatsuya with all of her being.

3. Fumiya is the younger sibling in the Kuraba family yet he was chosen as a candidate, ignoring Ayako all together. I think that the choosing of the heir of Yotsuba is base upon magic abilities. You need to admit that when it comes to raw and natural magic abilities, Tatsuya is at the bottom (He makes up for it with fighting abilties and magic talent.)

4. I don't have beef with incest theme stories, in fact, I enjoy most of them. The chemistry between Tatsuya and Miyuki is perfect and there relationship is portrayed perfectly.

5. The power that Tatsuya has when he was 13 is different from his current power now. Tatsuya does not want any attention directed at him and being at full power would attract more attention than he would like. Also, it is not Miyuki's fault that she became Tatsuya's limtied. It was for convenient and like I said, the Miyuki is also limited with half her power.

6. Again, is it wrong to be selfish when it comes to the one you love?

Can I ask you something? Are you use to reading materials that defines good and evil like black and white, to such extent that you are ignoring the shades of gray that Mahouka is portraying, especially with regards to the relationship of the Shiba siblings.

Incest is wrong, the law makes clear of that.

But half of the laws of the world is stupid.

I mean, in real life as well as fiction, why do people view something as wrong even if two individuals are content with each other, same blood and all.

Incest is wrong but if the two parties are happy together, are we really going to condemn them?
1. Tatsuya can guard Miyuki even at a distant thanks to Elemental Sight, and there is a difference between being in the vicinity with being in the same room ALL the time.

2. Tatsuya spoils Miyuki but you can find many brothers who do the same to their sister and are not in love with them, Miyuki on the other hand her love for Tatsuya transcend the boundaries of sibling love plain and simple, you can't say that their feelings for each other are of the same nature.

3. The Yotsuba don't have some kind of machine to test magic power, when it comes to choosing an heir I expect that they're probably gonna make them fight each other to determine who has the strongest magic. Except Tatsuya was removed from the selection altogether even though he would've been the winner. So yeah, her ending up with the position that should've been his in addition to all the other things she gets from being his sister isn't something I enjoy.

4. I dislike incest, it shouldn't be done, how would you feel being with your sister ? I personally don't even want to think about it.

5. Here is the thing, you make it sound like if Tatsuya had access to his full power he'd go "aaaa" and bam, berserk mode. Tatsuya has the finest magical control shown in the series, he has no trouble keeping his magic in check especially if you add his emotional control to the mix. So if Tatsuya had full access to his power, he could've easily chosen to hide it himself, he doesn't need some massive seal forcibly placed on him. It's her fault because she's the only person in existence with enough talent in lunar magic and being in the Yotsuba, had she not existed Maya would have no way of sealing Tatsuya's magic regardless of her wishes.

6. Actually, I am someone who strongly believes that things are not either black or white and that a good number of rules in our world are no good. However there are some rules that have nothing wrong with them, incest is bad, no one should want to be in a romantic relationship with his own sister.

Also even if we assume Tatsuya is attracted to Miyuki that doesn't change anything, being attracted and acting upon said attraction are two different things. For Miyuki she's already doing so and would go even further if she thought her brother would allow that.

And for jealous, if you love someone and get jealous of seeing him with someone else while he has never expressed being in a relationship with you, go punch a wall or pillow, but acting mean to him and even going as far as punishing him sometime, that's not funny, feel what you want but don't go getting mad at someone who never told you he's with you.
Old 2014-03-23, 20:23   Link #12388
guestuser

Quote:
1. Tatsuya can guard Miyuki even at a distant thanks to Elemental Sight, and there is a difference between being in the vicinity with being in the same room ALL the time.

2. Tatsuya spoils Miyuki but you can find many brothers who do the same to their sister and are not in love with them, Miyuki on the other hand her love for Tatsuya transcend the boundaries of sibling love plain and simple, you can't say that their feelings for each other are of the same nature.

3. The Yotsuba don't have some kind of machine to test magic power, when it comes to choosing an heir I expect that they're probably gonna make them fight each other to determine who has the strongest magic. Except Tatsuya was removed from the selection altogether even though he would've been the winner. So yeah, her ending up with the position that should've been his in addition to all the other things she gets from being his sister isn't something I enjoy.

4. I dislike incest, it shouldn't be done, how would you feel being with your sister ? I personally don't even want to think about it.

5. Here is the thing, you make it sound like if Tatsuya had access to his full power he'd go "aaaa" and bam, berserk mode. Tatsuya has the finest magical control shown in the series, he has no trouble keeping his magic in check especially if you add his emotional control to the mix. So if Tatsuya had full access to his power, he could've easily chosen to hide it himself, he doesn't need some massive seal forcibly placed on him. It's her fault because she's the only person in existence with enough talent in lunar magic and being in the Yotsuba, had she not existed Maya would have no way of sealing Tatsuya's magic regardless of her wishes.

6. Actually, I am someone who strongly believes that things are not either black or white and that a good number of rules in our world are no good. However there are some rules that have nothing wrong with them, incest is bad, no one should want to be in a romantic relationship with his own sister.

Also even if we assume Tatsuya is attracted to Miyuki that doesn't change anything, being attracted and acting upon said attraction are two different things. For Miyuki she's already doing so and would go even further if she thought her brother would allow that.

And for jealous, if you love someone and get jealous of seeing him with someone else while he has never expressed being in a relationship with you, go punch a wall or pillow, but acting mean to him and even going as far as punishing him sometime, that's not funny, feel what you want but don't go getting mad at someone who never told you he's with you.
we have a true hater for miyuki here
Old 2014-03-23, 20:26   Link #12389
Ultragunner

just here to point out that despite being the younger child, Fumiya is still the eldest SON of the current Kuroba head. Of course, that son must have talent to some degree. look at the Chiba, Naotsugu is, with little doubt, is the most talented among his siblings but Erika's eldest brother gets to be the heir (however, if Nao amd his eldest brother were to fight to the death, Nao wouldn't come out in one piece)
Old 2014-03-23, 20:28   Link #12390
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
just here to point out that despite being the younger child, Fumiya is still the eldest SON of the current Kuroba head. Of course, that son must have talent to some degree. look at the Chiba, Naotsugu is, with little doubt, is the most talented among his siblings but Erika's eldest brother gets to be the heir (however, if Nao amd his eldest brother were to fight to the death, Nao wouldn't come out in one piece)
Thats one fight that would be boring#!
Because we wont see anything

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-23, 20:55   Link #12391
Lazy cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
The Yotsuba don't have some kind of machine to test magic power, when it comes to choosing an heir I expect that they're probably gonna make them fight each other to determine who has the strongest magic. Except Tatsuya was removed from the selection altogether even though he would've been the winner. So yeah, her ending up with the position that should've been his in addition to all the other things she gets from being his sister isn't something I enjoy.
he was removed for not being ackowledged has a true magician by the yotsuba, miyuki has nothing to do with it, if she wasn't suited for it either then the heir would be fumiya.

Quote:
6. Again, is it wrong to be selfish when it comes to the one you love?
i think she is a little beyond "selfish"

Spoiler:

she hurt him to the point were him have to use regrowth and "lost concience" for no good reason, well we can see relatioships like this in real life though (jealouss husband who hit the wife for nothing), just don't thing this how you should treat the one you love.
Old 2014-03-23, 21:10   Link #12392
hakazee

Quote:
3. Fumiya is the younger sibling in the Kuraba family yet he was chosen as a candidate, ignoring Ayako all together. I think that the choosing of the heir of Yotsuba is base upon magic abilities. You need to admit that when it comes to raw and natural magic abilities, Tatsuya is at the bottom (He makes up for it with fighting abilties and magic talent.)
Eldest Son will be the Heir as long as he has magic abilities.
Old 2014-03-23, 21:13   Link #12393
Ultraviolet X

@ Jirachier. Theres one thing your forgetting with all this anti Miyuki shipping. Its because of Miyuki that Tatsuya has any interest at all in the world, and if she wasn't in the story Tatsuya's life would be considerably worse. He can essentially do what he wants because he's her guardian and she allows it, and 'The Artificial Magician Plan' carried out and his lack of status amongst the yotsuba had nothing to do with Miyuki. If she wasn't the next head candidate, another would be selected, that isn't Tatsuya. Tatsuya is considered a failure amongst the yotsuba because of his inability to cast other magics, and its for this reason that he can't be the next head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
i think she is a little beyond "selfish"

Spoiler:

she hurt him to the point were him have to use regrowth and "lost concience" for no good reason, well we can see relatioships like this in real life though (jealouss husband who hit the wife for nothing), just don't thing this how you should treat the one you love.
Well said.
Old 2014-03-23, 21:24   Link #12394
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
While I don't think what she did was mature, I don't think it was that bad either.

1) IIRC, unless Tatsuya specifically chooses not to, Regrowth activates automatically. I don't think there's been a threshold level of "damage" he has to suffer before it activates. So, it might trigger on a stubbed toe too. I believe all that she did was cause a psion surge. Like strobe lights to some people.

2) You know how people tease those they love? Playfully punch each other? Noogies? Shoot rubber bands and Nerf arrows at? It's always at the level at which you know they can take it.

What Miyuki did, does not seem to be at the level of even causing physical pain. Just...passing out. Listening to Beethoven can do that to some people.
In the case of Tatsuya, passing out is....less than insignificant.

If Miyuki wanted to HURT Tatsuya (like in your jealous husband wife-beater analogy), I would imagine she has a whole host of Mental Interference Magic that could do serious damage.
Old 2014-03-23, 21:26   Link #12395
Ultragunner

DAT moment when you realized the imouto is a "high-functioning" yandere

Well, we've seen worse in other series so......
Old 2014-03-23, 21:31   Link #12396
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
While I don't think what she did was mature, I don't think it was that bad either.

1) IIRC, unless Tatsuya specifically chooses not to, Regrowth activates automatically. I don't think there's been a threshold level of "damage" he has to suffer before it activates. So, it might trigger on a stubbed toe too.

2) You know how people tease those they love? Playfully punch each other? Noogies? It's always at the level at which you know they can take it.

What Miyuki did, does not seem to be at the level of even causing physical pain. Just...passing out. Listening to Beethoven can do that to some people.

If Miyuki wanted to HURT Tatsuya, I would imagine she has a whole host of Mental Intereference Magic that would do serious damage.
Its been stated, that anything that would hinder his combat capability automatically activates regrowth.

As for that, she really shouldn't be doing whatever to the point it causes unconsiouness to somone out just because she is jelous. Playing around is only considered playing around if both people treat it as a joke.
Old 2014-03-23, 21:33   Link #12397
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Its been stated, that anything that would hinder his combat capability automatically activates regrowth.
Fair enough. I would imagine passing out counts as "hindering combat capability." Nothing about damage.

Quote:
As for that, she really shouldn't be doing whatever to the point it causes unconsiouness to somone out just because she is jelous. Playing around is only considered playing around if both people treat it as a joke.
She treats it as a joke. He treats it as a joke. Therefore, it is a joke.

Though, now that we're talking about it, I seem to recall is another example of him being excited, but choosing to pretend not to be.
Old 2014-03-23, 21:38   Link #12398
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
She treats it as a joke. He treats it as a joke. Therefore, it is a joke.
Na, its more that he let it go as a joke.

Quote:
His physical body did not allow him to collapse for any duration longer than that time.

This was his personal magic, his curse.

As he opened his eyes naturally, what he saw was a beautiful visage staring down at him.

"Onii-sama, good morning."

"...Did I, do something to incur your displeasure?"

"My apologies, I went overboard with my joke."

Though her voice was apologetic, Miyuki's face was smiling once more.

That smile was capable of disarming even the sternest adult's attitude, a cute smile matching her age that Miyuki rarely wore.

Watching that smiling face, not even he could do anything, Tatsuya thought.
Old 2014-03-23, 21:40   Link #12399
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Na, its more that he let it go as a joke.
Therefore, it is a joke. Neither party is bothered, and no harm no foul.
Old 2014-03-23, 21:58   Link #12400
Jirachier

Quote:
@ Jirachier. Theres one thing your forgetting with all this anti Miyuki shipping. Its because of Miyuki that Tatsuya has any interest at all in the world, and if she wasn't in the story Tatsuya's life would be considerably worse. He can essentially do what he wants because he's her guardian and she allows it, and 'The Artificial Magician Plan' carried out and his lack of status amongst the yotsuba had nothing to do with Miyuki. If she wasn't the next head candidate, another would be selected, that isn't Tatsuya. Tatsuya is considered a failure amongst the yotsuba because of his inability to cast other magics, and its for this reason that he can't be the next head.
see that's the thing, it's not because of Miyuki that Tatsuya has any interest in the world, it's because the author CHOSE to make it so, she was made specifically for that and I wish the author would've just let Tatsuya has his own independent interest. I still hate her for taking his position, if it was someone else who took it I'd still be a little bothered but the difference is, things keeps pilling up(her sealing his power, her attitude towards him, etc) and so when she EVEN gets to be the heir too..

Quote:

1) IIRC, unless Tatsuya specifically chooses not to, Regrowth activates automatically. I don't think there's been a threshold level of "damage" he has to suffer before it activates. So, it might trigger on a stubbed toe too. I believe all that she did was cause a psion surge. Like strobe lights to some people.

2) You know how people tease those they love? Playfully punch each other? Noogies? Shoot rubber bands and Nerf arrows at? It's always at the level at which you know they can take it.

If Miyuki wanted to HURT Tatsuya (like in your jealous husband wife-beater analogy), I would imagine she has a whole host of Mental Interference Magic that could do serious damage.
seriously ? Just because someone can heal from a wound doesn't mean you should injure him as a joke, she's really lucky that Tatsuya is a bro-con, I can assure you that if he had all his emotions he'd be pissed regardless. So maybe now he should disintegrate her arms then heal her, it's okay right ? I mean she'll be fine at the end!

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings