AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-05, 13:59   Link #12381
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Thanks for the translation, Bananoha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Hmm, so who is Curren? Another name dropped in the hat? I wonder if it's a mistranslation of "Karen" that Fortis mentioned before. Can someone compare the moonrunes and determine if the name Veyron says here, and the one Fortis said earlier, are the same? And which might be more accurate? Karen or Curren?
Curren is probably the Karen (Kallen? ) mentioned before. The Japanese wiki has an entry on her, saying that she is the Hucks' leader or something. No idea which romanization is correct, however....
Old 2010-09-05, 14:00   Link #12382
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Hmm, so who is Curren? Another name dropped in the hat? I wonder if it's a mistranslation of "Karen" that Fortis mentioned before. Can someone compare the moonrunes and determine if the name Veyron says here, and the one Fortis said earlier, are the same? And which might be more accurate? Karen or Curren?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Curren
Japanese page → カレン (CURREN)

MIGHT AS WELL GO WITH THE ACTUAL CAR NAME, RIGHT.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-09-05, 14:03   Link #12383
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Did Isis just rip those manacles off with her bare hands? It looked like she just snapped the chains, and they even look cracked where she's gripping them.

Okay, I'm thinking that this is enough to make me latch onto the 'combat cyborg' theory for Isis. Explains the superstrength, and it explains why Aru described her as 'dangerous'; the Hucks would look at her as threatening since she's packing non-magic weaponry.
Old 2010-09-05, 14:14   Link #12384
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Looking kinda badass there, Touma. And you too, Isis.

And Lily in blanket nnnnnnnnnngh. But damn these chapters are so too damn short!

Old 2010-09-05, 14:21   Link #12385
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Looking kinda badass there, Touma. And you too, Isis.

And Lily in blanket nnnnnnnnnngh. But damn these chapters are so too damn short!
Considering that it was the half of a chapter xD

Someone tells me that maybe Isis use "strenght enhacing magic" to break the chains but it isn't very plausible because she's inside a giant Divider, all the hints along with the super strenght and the "armor jacket" appearing out of nowhere really suggest that Isis is a cyborg.

I'm also wondering how Arnage get that info abor Isis, from what we can see Cypha didn't appear to know something in particular about her but Aru immediately identifies her as dangerous, then the TSAB came for round two and they don't look impressed or something at the sight of Subaru coming despite the fact that she's also a very powerfull cyborg. So maybe Isis is hinting something important.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-09-05, 14:25   Link #12386
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, if the Eclipse is a virus, its entirely possible that there's people that are naturally immune (like the Survivors in Left 4 Dead). Isis could be a naturally immune person, which would make her somewhat dangerous in that the Eclipse can't affect her.
Old 2010-09-05, 14:55   Link #12387
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Did Isis just rip those manacles off with her bare hands? It looked like she just snapped the chains, and they even look cracked where she's gripping them.

Okay, I'm thinking that this is enough to make me latch onto the 'combat cyborg' theory for Isis. Explains the superstrength, and it explains why Aru described her as 'dangerous'; the Hucks would look at her as threatening since she's packing non-magic weaponry.
Definitely what I'm thinking right now. And I'm also speculating that she might be one of Jail's, one of the leftover people in tubes that Fate saved at the end of StrikerS. She was probably awoken and given to some (properly vetted) people to adopt and raise.

If that's the case, it makes me wonder who else could have been in those tubes, and whether we'll see other people popping up from that. It does open the door to pop up any other cyborgs as needed.

Might even be an interesting plot bunny for new OC's; cyborgs awoken from those chambers.
Old 2010-09-05, 15:05   Link #12388
Gaunt88

*Isis Fan Club jacket - set up!* Woot!

Hmmm... I wonder what those things on Isis's wrists do. They're obviously her device (or maybe/hopefully her Inherent Equipment) and her pose reminds me of the strike-arts practitioners in Vivid.

I hope we get to see a colour version of her armour some time soon.
Old 2010-09-05, 15:08   Link #12389
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunt88 View Post
*Isis Fan Club jacket - set up!* Woot!

Hmmm... I wonder what those things on Isis's wrists do. They're obviously her device (or maybe/hopefully her Inherent Equipment) and her pose reminds me of the strike-arts practitioners in Vivid.
what? another hard hitting hot blooded fighter? ...and this one is probably capable to punch holes into the new bad guys? ...dude, sign me up!

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-09-05, 15:38   Link #12390
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

*cheers*

Thanks for the translation Bananoha.
Old 2010-09-05, 16:22   Link #12391
prescience
Friendly Satanist

Many thanks for the translation.

One thing has me confused, though - what happens to Isis between pages 14 and 15? In 14 she seems perfectly fine, and then in 15 she's apparently unconscious...
Old 2010-09-05, 16:43   Link #12392
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Probably finally her body gets hit by the "Divide Zero Eclipse" effect like everyone else.

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-09-05, 16:44   Link #12393
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prescience View Post
Many thanks for the translation.

One thing has me confused, though - what happens to Isis between pages 14 and 15? In 14 she seems perfectly fine, and then in 15 she's apparently unconscious...
I don't know about PERFECTLY fine... the way she has one eye closed and such on page 14 is an expression I've seen elsewhere which suggests she's under some strain. But the fact that she was mobile at all after Divide Zero Eclipse went off puts her ahead of almost everyone else.

Quote:
Cool, huh? Getting out of that strap around her wrists is something I'd expect a reasonably competent thief or escape artist to be able to pull off, but snapping the manacles with her bare hands is another thing entirely. I'm leaning towards the cyborg explanation myself, but I'm open for other possibilities, so long as they're interesting.

Sadly, there were far too few pages in this update, so Isis didn't get nearly enough screentime.
Old 2010-09-05, 16:52   Link #12394
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Eh, I'm not buying into the "Isis is a cyborg" thing just yet. She could have broken the chain with simple strength enhancing magic
Old 2010-09-05, 16:56   Link #12395
Random Wanderer

Oh, I almost forgot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
herp derp.

Delayed due to work staring at Isis' assssssssets.
Thank you for the upload, and for any other steps in the process you may have been involved in.

Quote:
Eh, I'm not buying into the "Isis is a cyborg" thing just yet. She could have broken the chain with simple strength enhancing magic
Could be could be. I'm not taking anything as written yet. We just don't have enough information.
Old 2010-09-05, 17:02   Link #12396
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananoha View Post
herp derp.

Delayed due to work staring at Isis' assssssssets.
Thanks. We appreciate the sacrifices and austerities you undergo to bring us this.

Do we know if the number 18 on the throat piece of Isis's Armour Jacket in the first shot of it is a scanning artifact or an implication of being part of Jail's next generation of Combat Cyborgs?
Old 2010-09-05, 17:09   Link #12397
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Do we know if the number 18 on the throat piece of Isis's Armour Jacket in the first shot of it is a scanning artifact or an implication of being part of Jail's next generation of Combat Cyborgs?
Huh? There's no number on her jacket...
Old 2010-09-05, 17:12   Link #12398
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

For me, the first hint of Isis being a cyborg were the yellow eyes. This snapping-o-chains while inside a huge ship that is essentially one giant magic canceler (kinda makes it hard to use strengthening magic, no?) just ads more credence to the theory.
Old 2010-09-05, 17:15   Link #12399
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Didn't Hayate's doctor in A's have yellow eyes? <___>

And np u gaiz, though I seem to have burnt myself out from scanlating things other than Force.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Huh? There's no number on her jacket...

Would need better scans or someone who has a copy to see.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2010-09-05, 17:24   Link #12400
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yeah, but Hayate's doctor didn't have some big secret she didn't want people to find out. That was clue number 2.
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen