Old 2016-04-17, 20:01   Link #12501
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i have. (sh*t character limit)
Old 2016-04-17, 21:01   Link #12502
yulinard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinusVitamin View Post
quick question how many people here read MT more than twice?
the only WN in my tablet other than warhammer 40k army book/rulebook, I read it multiple times. I read WN most of the time on my pc, so MT is the one get special treatmen, so far. But since most WN author sucks at world building maybe my MT file get lonely for another 1-2 years..
yulinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 21:19   Link #12503
Waxman

That depend, i readed it a couple times when there were 15 or so vol., and maybe another 2 times after it was finished.
I already said that an anime adptation is very unlikely but in the future we may have a Drama CD, that could be a nice way to get to hear these characters, i believe someone said that Hiroshi Kamisja would do a good Rudeus but i personally think that Souma Saitou is a better fit.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 23:12   Link #12504
MinusVitamin

I read it two times, and will re-read it for the third time this summer. My fourth will be when i manage to learn friggen japanese so i can translate it no matter how long it takes me.
MinusVitamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 23:49   Link #12505
Ladiusman

Speaking of translations, I really hope that volumes 18 to 20.5 get a proper translation as those volumes are full of machine translations...oh, and The Overthrow of the King Dragon King story too.

Hmm, I also read MT twice, but I'm rather busy these days to do another reread...so I just go over some of favourite parts from time to time.
Ladiusman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 08:12   Link #12506
kijin00
Freeloader

I have it on my Smartphone, for easy perusal. And I have already read it several times since. Though it has its problems, it is funny and entertaining, to say the least.
kijin00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 13:30   Link #12507
Hakatri
Fat is justice!

Location: In The Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaisse, Next to the Ketchup and to the Left of the Cole Slaw
I just was re reading some parts and i kept reading more and more but stopped before dragging it too long so around 1.5 times i guess
Hakatri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 15:20   Link #12508
Sebazu

I've re-read it just once but sometimes i go back and re-read my favorites scenes and chapters.
Sebazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 16:30   Link #12509
Nirvash0

Quote:
We already discussed that MT would only work as three 24 chapters seasons, making it extremely risky to produce
This i not even about getting 3 seasons of 24, those days you can't even the 24 in a row.

Quote:
Also Rudeus without pervertedness could sound fine to tone him down as a "respectable" MC but one of the strong points of the story is how the MC is guilty of his own failures, making him more moraly right will take him closer to a normal MC and destroy a lot of his personality
Not asking about rewriting rudeus, just make stuff like the moronic dirty panty workship in some necklace workship or something.
And tone down the constant sexual harassment.

And is not like this stuff make him any less or more stereotypical.

Quote:
We still got some of the emotional development like Paul, who is prety much a different person every time Rudeus re encounters him due to his development, also the gloomy ED heartbroken Rudeus (how many times do you see a heartbroken MC going on for years?) or the "I lost my parents twice and i finally noticed how much i have lost" heavily depressed rudeus or the extremely regretful future Rudeus, the "my sister became a hikikomory and i still dont know how to deal with that", etc
The depression angle was very fine, the bullcrap "new story goal: heal penis" was just stupid.
Just stick to "standard" depression.
Nirvash0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 23:34   Link #12510
pezzie

Read it two times front to back.

Probably read it another time or two from jumping around overall, with some volumes being read way more often than that.
pezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 07:59   Link #12511
Hakatri
Fat is justice!

Location: In The Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaisse, Next to the Ketchup and to the Left of the Cole Slaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvash0 View Post
This i not even about getting 3 seasons of 24, those days you can't even the 24 in a row.
Thats is why we keep saying how difficult it would be, i guess in that regard there is no choice but to wait for the manga to gain more popularity, and the autor is making a pretty good job with it so there is still hope

Quote:
Not asking about rewriting rudeus, just make stuff like the moronic dirty panty workship in some necklace workship or something.

Nope, nope, nope, nope, yes, there are a lot of perverts out there but most of the time they are "accidental" perverts or just secondary characters with one liners or one single routine, excepting for some obscure crappy low budget animes (or hentais) i never saw a MC who has a perverted side as part of his life and one good point is how that perverted side in the end really doesnt matters because people ends up accepting it instead of changing him to become "good", no, wit, actually there is a manga called Futari Ecchi about a couple learning about sex, thats the closer i saw to MT

Quote:
The depression angle was very fine, the bullcrap "new story goal: heal penis" was just stupid.
Then again, that is because seeing a MC with a mundane problem is way too outside the "cool MC" vibe many works aspire to, ED is a reasonable problem for someone who was dumped and used to be a big loser

Remmember that if Rudeus becomes too good and cool the story will automatically become a story about a loser who reincarnates to become powerful and cool, Rudeus flaws are what prevents the story to become another power fantasy and gives him a more reasonable aproach
Hakatri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 08:47   Link #12512
Ladiusman

Hmm, so someone mentioned that in one of the blogs the author writes, the author wanted MT to "last another 10 years" or something. Can anyone clarify this? Interesting though.

And well, this came up; apparently some people think Rudeus is somewhat "abusing" Lucy as he doesn't really have any expectations of her? And they pity Lucy because of that. Well, not sure what to think of this. This is from Pielord's comment section of course.
Old 2016-04-20, 12:47   Link #12513
MinusVitamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvash0 View Post

I don't think the things you have mentioned is the problem here, i'm starting to believe you just simply don't like perverted MC.
It's like i don't like Kenpachi (i actually love the guy) because he's a violent, bloodthirsty mofo and the story of bleach sucks (which it does) solely because of him and his untamed obsession for battle.

Now we have a thing called one punch man who loves to fight and all of a sudden he no longer gets a hard-on from it, and now he lives his life in absolute boredom because of it. That is his true inner struggle at the moment, and i don't see anybody complaining how his problem is less serious than it actually is. It's a funny. Take it as what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
Millis holiday-Roxy chapter, ther's also laplace convergence
Assuming Rudeus's corpse had been burned after the funeral then i don't think so. (unless someone grab's Rudues's lost arm from the labryinth)
But if by chance necromancy works without it then the question now is which Rudeus will be resurrected. Since Oldeus existed in Rudeus timeline as well.

Last edited by MinusVitamin; 2016-04-20 at 13:45.
MinusVitamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 14:09   Link #12514
Hoopla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiusman View Post
Hmm, so someone mentioned that in one of the blogs the author writes, the author wanted MT to "last another 10 years" or something. Can anyone clarify this? Interesting though.

And well, this came up; apparently some people think Rudeus is somewhat "abusing" Lucy as he doesn't really have any expectations of her? And they pity Lucy because of that. Well, not sure what to think of this. This is from Pielord's comment section of course.
Rudy isn't "abusing" Lucy by not having grand expectations from her. He simply wants to raise his kids away from a stressful environment like the one he grew up in (Japanese society), where kids are pressured from a young age for their studies and such.

He wants his children to live free and have a life that he never had because he sccumbed to the pressures of society and ended up just becoming a NEET.

In the later Redundancy Chapters (not the ones translated yet), Rudeus expresses his shock to Nanahoshi when he realizes that his kids (especially Lucy) aren't as friendly with him as he thought they would be.

It's all just a misunderstanding from both parties. Rudy just wants the best life for his kids while his kids think that their father doesn't set expectations towards them because their father is such a grandiose figure in the world.

Last edited by Hoopla; 2016-04-21 at 16:28.
Hoopla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 14:55   Link #12515
Breimn

No one posted this yet?
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 20:10   Link #12516
lexlexz

rudi new clothes are cool
so in these chapters his kids tell him that they hate him or is nanahoshi the one ?
what happens afterwards?
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 21:41   Link #12517
Ladiusman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopla View Post
Long explanation
Thanks for that explanation, I just came across such a comment and it made me wonder a bit. Makes sense now.

And that reminds me that I haven't read the Nanahoshi redundancy chapters yet...because the last chapters haven't been translated to Chinese yet.

Last edited by Ladiusman; 2016-04-21 at 23:21.
Old 2016-04-21, 21:44   Link #12518
Waxman

So they split Vol. 11 of the WN into Vol 10 of the LN (Nanahoshi's breakdown, the summon of the pet bottle and the arrival of the little sisters) and judging Vol. 11 of the LN by the cover we'll get Norn and Aisha's POVs right?
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 21:58   Link #12519
Ladiusman

So what's the release date of V.11?

So after this volume it'll be the Labyrinth arc...I'm guessing they'll combine Volume 12 and 13 into one since 12 is pretty short.
Old 2016-04-21, 22:06   Link #12520
pezzie

Probably still 2 volumes. 12 is short but 13 is longer, makes up for it.
pezzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel