AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-30, 09:32   Link #1241
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
And time for the "what car they're named after" post, just for heads up:
I think アイシス is from TOYOTA ISIS

And Divider996 is from 996 edition of the Porsche 911 series and Eclipse is from MITSUBISHI Eclipse.
Old 2009-04-30, 09:47   Link #1242
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
/me approves of Coalguys' efforts.
But I don't approve of their attitude. Did you see their comments about the release? Totally insulting towards scanlators. Check the comments left about it on their blog entry too. It's very disappointing that people like this are the only ones working on this.
Old 2009-04-30, 09:51   Link #1243
Outlaender

Aren't There's a group called Nanoforce out there as well. Haven't looked at the scans, but they list the file as (MQ)

Oh wait, it's a raw. *headdesks*

Last edited by Outlaender; 2009-04-30 at 09:55. Reason: oops, it's a raw
Old 2009-04-30, 10:06   Link #1244
Outlaender

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
StrikerS Sound Stage 01, where Riot Force 6 visits Earth. Sure it's not animated, but it's canon that Nanoha has met up with Arisa and Suzuka during the StrikerS timelime. In fact, here's a pic of all of them grown up:

*snip*

And while I would also like to see more Burning Arisa and Suzuka, and have them kick ass or something, there just isn't any compelling evidence to suggest that they have the magical power to do so. And we've yet to see evidence that normal people from Non-Administered Worlds can just waltz into Midchilda without a special cause (like being a mage for example )
Firstly- is the person second to the left supposed to be Amy, or Nanoha?

Secondly, while Arisa and Suzuka showing up in Midchilda wouldn't add much to the plot aside from cheering section and/or potential damsels in distress in need of saving, I always thought it was hokey that _they_ of all (non)magical people would end up caught up in a barrier, in city full of thousands of people on christmas eve?
Old 2009-04-30, 10:07   Link #1245
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
But I don't approve of their attitude. Did you see their comments about the release? Totally insulting towards scanlators. Check the comments left about it on their blog entry too. It's very disappointing that people like this are the only ones working on this.
Empty vessels make the most noise.
Old 2009-04-30, 10:09   Link #1246
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

CoalGuys insulting scanlators... well it's pretty much trolling and should not really taken seriously. *shrug*

I actually have to say that scanlating can be pretty dull and repetitive.
I scanlated the whole Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time Manga from english to german for a Zelda fanpage and I really felt... well... I really often had the urge to jump up and scream "Make it stop! My brain hurts!" (Well that was mostly the time I stopped for the day ).
Old 2009-04-30, 10:11   Link #1247
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaender View Post

Secondly, while Arisa and Suzuka showing up in Midchilda wouldn't add much to the plot aside from cheering section and/or potential damsels in distress in need of saving, I always thought it was hokey that _they_ of all (non)magical people would end up caught up in a barrier, in city full of thousands of people on christmas eve?
That's supposed to be Amy

And why Arisa and Suzuka got there in the first place was never really explained AFAIK, so at this point anything's game

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-04-30, 10:15   Link #1248
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm good at doing mind-numbing tasks. When I was doing multimedia at school, I spend several days entering data into a database. Which means that you do this:

ctrl-c, ctrl-v, ctrl-c, ctrl-v,ctrl-c, ctrl-v,ctrl-c, ctrl-v.

For several hours in a row. I just put on some music and let it blur by. Same thing when I was digitizing a book for a company. Once you get into the patern of how to do it, it becomes a blur.

Of course, when scanlating there is a difference. Since it's not a job, you need to have the time, materials and most importantly, the motivation.

Much to my shame, I was lacking that last bit when we were doing the StrikerS manga, resulting in way too much delay.
Old 2009-04-30, 12:56   Link #1249
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
If only it was a shield. Then it would be a Shield Divider cannon.
Funny thing was that I was talking about Touma with another user and we thought which mecha would suit and we debated if Gudam X Would be a good unit
Old 2009-04-30, 14:53   Link #1250
Iromaru

On a funny note: my first WoW mob killed today dropped The Gunblade Oh god how I laughed

I take this as a sign from heavens that this manga will be good
Old 2009-04-30, 17:48   Link #1251
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
And time for the "what car they're named after" post, just for heads up:

Nissan Avenir - Lol Nissans.

Strosek, a German aftermarket tuning company - Talk about modifying cars in the 80s and 90s, and compare that to now.

Most likely Eagle, the brand - Lol Chrysler.

@MeisterBabylon - You forgot about the Huckie's dividing by zero effects.
Time for a little if you know what I mean joke: "Touma would like his device tuned by Lili if you know what I mean.
Old 2009-04-30, 19:28   Link #1252
Key Board
Carbon

observations

Lily is the control program of the other Tome
Since she is a unison device she can unison with Touma
When this happens he looks like a male Fate with a marking on his cheek
Old 2009-04-30, 19:31   Link #1253
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Wait...the scanlators are themselves sitting there making snarky and offensive comments about scanlators? Is this...um...*facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaender View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That's supposed to be Amy

And why Arisa and Suzuka got there in the first place was never really explained AFAIK, so at this point anything's game
I was under the impression Arisa and Suzuka's appearance within the barrier served two purposes:

1. To give Nanoha an excuse to tell her friends about her "other life," 'cause keeping secrets from your best friends is bad and all.

2. A shout-out to their origins in Triangle Heart 3. 'Cause, after all, we're never told that Suzuka isn't a vampire, and Arisa is with Shiro in the "not dead in this continuity" gang...
Old 2009-04-30, 19:50   Link #1254
9taileddemon

Finally looked at all of the scans. Hayate looks really scary. I am surprised. But yay everyone is coming together again.
Old 2009-04-30, 20:18   Link #1255
Dri

Send a message via AIM to Dri
So, that last panel there in the Nanoha Force scans..

Spoiler for foreshadooooow:
Otherwise, hai. New kid on the block, long time Nanoha fanatic. Nanoha Force may yet make me more social to speculate with others.

And yes, Hayate looks like she actually got older. And hardened. Quite something.
Old 2009-04-30, 20:55   Link #1256
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Spoiler for foreshadow speculation:

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2009-04-30, 20:59   Link #1257
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iromaru View Post
On a funny note: my first WoW mob killed today dropped The Gunblade Oh god how I laughed

I take this as a sign from heavens that this manga will be good
Aaaah that. It dropped for me way back when I was still a little hunter foraging through the Outlands. I later found Kael's white chocobo to complete the reference.

Looked nothing like an actual Gunblade though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dri View Post

Otherwise, hai. New kid on the block, long time Nanoha fanatic. Nanoha Force may yet make me more social to speculate with others.
Have we forgotten Ix so quickly...? Might just be remeberance.
Old 2009-04-30, 21:06   Link #1258
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dri View Post

And yes, Hayate looks like she actually got older. And hardened. Quite something.
I don't know about that particular scenerio but it's true that that particular line seems to have the same damning nature as a character in a coming of age movie saying "We thought those days would last forever"
Old 2009-04-30, 22:38   Link #1259
Dri

Send a message via AIM to Dri
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
I don't know about that particular scenerio but it's true that that particular line seems to have the same damning nature as a character in a coming of age movie saying "We thought those days would last forever"
Yes, exactly my thoughts. XD

And no, no, I haven't forgotten Ix, but... at the same time Subaru isn't one to mop for years over something when she ends with a resolution of only remembering the happy times. So clearly this mopping must have a new reason, and with that line there it makes me fear the worst.
Old 2009-04-30, 22:49   Link #1260
9taileddemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
"We thought those days would last forever"
Okay. That seems really familiar from something but no matter how much I wrack my brains I can not figure it out. Was that from something specific or did you just mean that in general and I am losing it?
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen