AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-12-28, 04:14   Link #1241
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Demi., girl doesn't like it. There's no point trying to force your opinion on her. A person who doesn't like mustard sure as hell wouldn't like someone else squeezing an entire bottle's worth of it down their throat.
Old 2009-12-28, 04:38   Link #1242
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
In the end, it's not the quality of the movie that bothers you, but that it's not going to revolve around something you prefer. And if that's the case, sure, you won't like it, because regardless of quality, the story and plot isn't going to satisfy you.
Er... isn't that exactly what she said? I didn't see Radiant saying 'this movie is going to suck' anywhere. All I've seen her saying is 'There's nothing in it that interests me.'
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 11:27   Link #1243
Tabasco

Anyway, I'm going to be curious what kind of sales the movie manages.

Nanoha isn't an old series, really, but it it is kind of a niche one. I'm sure there are enough fans around in Japan to make a tidy profit or they wouldn't bother making a movie. But I'm wondering how it will stack up against say the new Haruhi movie, or even others in theaters at the same time.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 11:56   Link #1244
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

That may be just me, because I pay more attention to what is MSLN related, but it looks like the Nanoha Movie is receiving more advertising that the Haruhi one, or even the FSN one. Just looking at various mags covers & contents, I see Nanoha everywhere @.@' ( which is bad for my purse).
So, is that just an impression?
For now, I tend to believe that MSLN the Movie 1st will make the biggest profit by attracting the more fans, but only time will tell for sure...

Last edited by Nina.Wolken; 2009-12-28 at 12:24.
Nina.Wolken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 12:22   Link #1245
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Er... isn't that exactly what she said? I didn't see Radiant saying 'this movie is going to suck' anywhere. All I've seen her saying is 'There's nothing in it that interests me.'
The movie doesn't impress me sounds like it was given a chance and failed expectations. Honestly, when we are used to the craptastic animation that 7arcs generally dishes out for the Nanoha franchise, how can anyone not see the movie animation as a large improvement? I could squint and still see the huge difference.

Anyways, the point is - why not avoid the things you don't like? Is there a need to constantly insult a movie you have no future in ever liking. I always thought it was better to avoid the things you don't like. It's one thing to critic the pros and cons, but in her eyes, there are no pros.

I know favoritism exists in this subforum with all you being buddies and such, but if I did the same in a certain other thread, I wouldn't be the one getting defended.

Last edited by Demi.; 2009-12-28 at 12:34.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 12:34   Link #1246
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

and why not just let RB express her opinion without you chiding her for it just because it has OH SO MUCH FEITO-CHAN? Can we try that?
Old 2009-12-28, 12:39   Link #1247
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
and why not just let RB express her opinion without you chiding her for it just because it has OH SO MUCH FEITO-CHAN? Can we try that?
No, I'm not given the liberty to post my opinions without them being hounded by people like you, so I see no reason why I can't comment on others opinions.

I've heard this same thing at least 10x's now. It's basically, every time there is a new trailer with even a few seconds of new animation, the same comment is brought up. Nothing positive, just 100% negativity.
Old 2009-12-28, 12:40   Link #1248
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

and everytime someone who doesn't say that the stuff from the trailer is good, and thinks that it isn't much, you too, just have to jump on it and, in context, demand we "see the light". Which is why i, what was the term again,? "Hound" them in the first place. We're basically the same coin on different sides.
Old 2009-12-28, 12:45   Link #1249
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

No, because this is a 'expectation' thread. If you have no expectations, then why are you posting? So you can speculate how much it sucks? It's one thing to call it down once, or twice, but if I quoted how many times it happened from the same user, I wouldn't be in the single digits anymore.

And that's besides the point, I gave my opinion on Force, and you people couldn't wait to shoot it down. If you can do that there, I certainly should be able to do this here. If you don't like it, then don't try to defend your buddies with your typical troll posts.
Old 2009-12-28, 12:47   Link #1250
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

troll? no, i'm not trolling. I'm just pointing it out in a completely objective manner who can accept that the movie might not be as good as sliced bread. But really, do we really, really want this cockstabbing again? Because I think we've seen this before.
Old 2009-12-28, 12:51   Link #1251
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'm aware that getting stabbed hurts, Demi, and we can argue who's right or wrong in that until the sun stops rising but you can choose to be the mature one here and not do the same thing you feel has happened to you.
Old 2009-12-28, 12:52   Link #1252
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
troll? no, i'm not trolling. I'm just pointing it out in a completely objective manner. But really, do we really, really want this cockstabbing again? Because I think we've seen this before.
I don't. But when you reduce my argument to "OH SO MUCH FEITO-CHAN" in caps, you're asking for it.

Anyways, she gave her opinion, I gave mine. If no one commented about how I was trying to reject her opinions, this would have ended after my post.
Old 2009-12-28, 12:56   Link #1253
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Right, because I can't give my opinions that I too, do not think of the movie and expect it to be as great as others think it is, and chose to show by supporting what RB has said. Real democratic of you, Demi. I have a whole new respect for you now.
Old 2009-12-28, 13:01   Link #1254
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

People, stop it. We don't need this here, take it to PM's.
Old 2009-12-28, 13:03   Link #1255
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Right, because I can't give my opinions that I too, do not think of the movie and expect it to be as great as others think it is, and chose to show by supporting what RB has said. Real democratic of you, Demi. I have a whole new respect for you now.
Yes, but the thing is your reasons are because it doesn't revolve around what you want it to.

If you have absolutely nothing positive to say about it, then what is the point of posting. That is what I'm asking, because I don't understand. This is meant to be a expectation thread for fans. Sure, some fans would prefer it to have a different plot, but I'm sure they can think of something to look forward to. When there is nothing, there should be nothing to post about. Pure concentrated negativity is not meant for anticipation threads. Even a little positive and the rest negative would suffice, but to who I commented on, there was no positive to be found.

Sorry Keroko - This is really dejecting.
Old 2009-12-28, 13:11   Link #1256
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Yes, sure. I'm certain there's much to be expectant of. Remember Haruhi S2? Sure had lots of expectations.

And cutting it short here because Keroko asked nicely. So how about we settle this like nice, good little forum going people by de-repping the hell out of each other and laugh at it in the near future when we click on the User CP button and see gratuitous, petty de-rep? What fun memories!
Old 2009-12-28, 13:16   Link #1257
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Yes, sure. I'm certain there's much to be expectant of. Remember Haruhi S2? Sure had lots of expectations.

And cutting it short here because Keroko asked nicely. So how about we settle this like nice, good little forum going people by de-repping the hell out of each other?
Thank you for comparing the only series that repeats itself. Repeatedly. To a movie you have not even watched yet. De-rep is fun, especially when it was deserved.

Anyways, I'm done - Feel free to leave me a comment on my profile.
Old 2009-12-28, 13:46   Link #1258
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
No matter how bad the 2° season was, you'll still find plenty of fans out there who can't wait to see the incoming movie. Why? Because they like the original serie, they like the characters and what they've seen so far through the trailers make them hope for a high value production, more character development and above all great fun.
And exactly the same goes for the Nanoha Movie. It's only natural for the fans to expect it and to rejoice about it.

Now, if you don't like the main characters of the serie, if you don't like the story and especially if you don't care about the Movie, I would understand you don't share the same enthusiasm as people like Demi. or myself.
But then arise the main question : what are you doing here?

I completely support Demi. position on this one. To say a good dozen of times that you don't expect anything doesn't bring anything to the discussion. It's like if I was to post in the OCC thread to say that... I've nothing to say. Pointless and irritating.

That said, let's go back to the Movie itself. Any comment about how badass Fate turns out to appear on some promotional pictures? ->
I can't have enough orz...
Old 2009-12-28, 13:50   Link #1259
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Oh, God dammit. I shouldn't even bother opening my mouth anymore.

Nya~n, thank you for your support. I appreciate it, more than you can know, but this is a running problem with Demi and I. Still, thank you for taking the time to help me out.

Demi, I'm sorry. I'm really, truly sorry. If there was another thread where I could post my opinion of the movie, I would. I swear I would. Unfortunately, this is the only place where I can post about it for discussion and opinion, because mentioning it anywhere else would be off-topic.

Again, I'm sorry. But I have nowhere else to post my opinion for the movie.
Old 2009-12-28, 13:51   Link #1260
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Thank you for comparing the only series that repeats itself. Repeatedly. To a movie you have not even watched yet.
The EXPECTATIONS on Haruhi S1.5 were high. How would fans know that Endless Eight would go that way? How would fans know that the least interesting Haruhi novel (the making of the Mikuru movie) would be animated? Fans expected Disappearance, not Sighs.

The key in Funya-n's point is in what people EXPECT. Yours regarding the movie being something like the Second Coming are unreasonable. It might turn out to be a good movie, nice to pass time with beer and pizza but something as groundbreaking as Mononoke Hime? Come on.

PS: My expectations over the Disappearance are as low as the Unlimited Blade Works movie. You cannot squeeze one light novel volume in ONE movie.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie