AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2020-04-10, 10:26   Link #12641
Toullaty

Hello, I search a recent manga (about two or three years). I only read the first chapter at the time and now, I wonder how it evolved.

- It's a romance where the heroine is in high school but has a love story with her teacher.
- She has a serious personality but often quarrels with an arrogant boy in his class.
- She lives with her grandmother until the day she dies. In her distress, her boyfriend and teacher wants to help her but she refuses because she doesn't want to be pitied and their relation is not serious enough.
- To show that he is serious, he decides to marry her and that she comes to live with him. Except he never told him that he has a son who is also in high school. The arrogant boy with whom she often fights.

If someone recognizes the story. Thank you.
Toullaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-10, 12:35   Link #12642
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That kinda sounds like Papillon?

It definitely sounds like a shoujo manga for sure.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-10, 13:13   Link #12643
Toullaty

Thank you, but it isn't Papillon. The story is almost the same, except that the heroine has no sibling.

It is a shoujo manga. Othewise, I'm even more curious about how it has evolved.
Old 2020-04-15, 06:55   Link #12644
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yes, that's look like what I remember. Shame it's Haganai though.

Thanks for help.
No problem. Sorry it didn't turn out quite as well as hoped.
(I keep forgetting my password here when I think to follow up..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toullaty View Post
Hello, I search a recent manga (about two or three years). I only read the first chapter at the time and now, I wonder how it evolved.

- It's a romance where the heroine is in high school but has a love story with her teacher.
- She has a serious personality but often quarrels with an arrogant boy in his class.
- She lives with her grandmother until the day she dies. In her distress, her boyfriend and teacher wants to help her but she refuses because she doesn't want to be pitied and their relation is not serious enough.
- To show that he is serious, he decides to marry her and that she comes to live with him. Except he never told him that he has a son who is also in high school. The arrogant boy with whom she often fights.

If someone recognizes the story. Thank you.
My first thought was I didn't know it, since it sounded a bit like "Faster than a Kiss" where an orphan (but with a sibling; no son) marries her teacher that wanted to take them in (don't pity me I'll marry you...). (Then with no relation, randomly pleasantly reminded of "Love so Life" where an orphan babysits for a guy with custody of his twin nephew/niece.) I forgot we were looking for something likely more recent.

Though, in trying to remember the title of "Love so Life" for myself and some titles by searching - I think you're looking for:

Title: Lion to Hanayome (The Lion and the Bride) (ライオンと花嫁)
Year: ~2014 (relatively recent)
No dedicated wikipedia page but author is Wiki(jp)

Quote:
Yua is a high school girl in a secret relationship with her teacher. But one day her grandmother, her last surviving family member, passes away and leaves her all alone in the world. And then, her beloved Sensei, supporting her again as he always has, asks her to marry him. She's convinced that she's about to begin a happy newlywed life, but it turns out Sensei has a huge secret...?! At school and at home, she's gotten tangled up in some complicated afterschool marriage blues!!!
Free official samples on Pixiv Comics (here in japanese).
And Bookwalker samples/synopsis.

I'm fairly sure the above is it, since it was stated it was recent (or recently read). Though, the thought that Papillon seemed very similar reminded me that it's author has another title (Oh! My Darling) where the grandfather is supposedly ill, so the heroine is pushed into marriage interviews,
TL;DR…
not as similar; supportive friend->husband->teacher; pity topic; rival (not son)
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Papillon did seem pretty close beyond potential time frame. Tried and true formulas to set up student-teacher marriages . Distant/no family and "I didn't realize in the exciting first few chapters of meeting/introduction, but now I'm head over heals hooked"
anime2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 02:20   Link #12645
Reveiller

Is it okay to ask about NSFW content on this thread?
Reveiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-18, 14:19   Link #12646
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveiller View Post
Is it okay to ask about NSFW content on this thread?
Should be fine

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-18, 16:58   Link #12647
Reveiller

I tried to find the source to these three images a few days ago but was unsuccessful, was wondering if anyone else might have any more luck finding them
Reveiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-18, 17:27   Link #12648
Toullaty

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime2004 View Post
My first thought was I didn't know it, since it sounded a bit like "Faster than a Kiss" where an orphan (but with a sibling; no son) marries her teacher that wanted to take them in (don't pity me I'll marry you...). (Then with no relation, randomly pleasantly reminded of "Love so Life" where an orphan babysits for a guy with custody of his twin nephew/niece.) I forgot we were looking for something likely more recent.

Though, in trying to remember the title of "Love so Life" for myself and some titles by searching - I think you're looking for:

Title: Lion to Hanayome (The Lion and the Bride) (ライオンと花嫁)
Year: ~2014 (relatively recent)
No dedicated wikipedia page but author is Wiki(jp)

Free official samples on Pixiv Comics (here in japanese).
And Bookwalker samples/synopsis.
Yes, it was that manga. Thank you.
I didn't know it was 6 years old already !
Old 2020-04-21, 23:29   Link #12649
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Looking for the name of this high school romance anime. I think it came out within the last 2-3 years. I don't recall much (which is why I want to watch it again) but I remember the first episode where the male protagonist goes back his hotel room where his class is on vacation or something but this hottie highschool chick jumps in through his window. Something along those lines and the rest of the anime revolves around them two.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-27, 20:40   Link #12650
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Looking for the name of this high school romance anime. I think it came out within the last 2-3 years. I don't recall much (which is why I want to watch it again) but I remember the first episode where the male protagonist goes back his hotel room where his class is on vacation or something but this hottie highschool chick jumps in through his window. Something along those lines and the rest of the anime revolves around them two.
I'm not sure that this is what you're looking for but thought I'd offer the thought. This one may not match.

Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara (色づく世界の明日から)
Aired: 2018; Links: Wikipedia(en)

In the first episode the main girl is traveling by magic and steps off the train into clouds and falls into an older(modern) time, directly into a guy's room while he is not there. She does not fall through the window but space-time drops into into the room. She immediately struggles to figure out how to open the window before he shows up (not understanding how a latch works), can't and then hides under the bed for a bit. He leaves and she gets the chance to escape out the window. I mention this show because:
  • There is a festival happening in town in her time and students are asking if she will join. When she changes time, some students are wandering the side street near his house taking photos of things (photography club) looking like they could be on vacation.
  • They film her conspicuously leaving through the window. It's is then shared with the schoolmates and there is much talk about entering/leaving the window and who was leaving his room.
The main female and male then get to know each other. He doesn't meet her in the room but she left an earring/device, which he finds and plans to talk to police about as his mother gives him a hard time about having girls over, but she is trying to find the device and meets him later.

I've not watched more of the show (when it came out) but it had reminded me of Somedays Dreamers (practical magic sense) and I thought I might get around to watching it eventually. So I can't say much more about their relationship.

Otherwise, I got a vague thought of "Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!", because of the entering of his walkway near his window from the balcony/walkway above. (He lives with his sister so it could feel like dorm potential, but not vacation/school-trip.) But that is older and probably well known enough to not be it given time and description. I mention it just to say I'm not sure I've seen want you mention, nor has a friend that's more likely to have seen want you describe. (Or can't remember from just that.)
  1. Do the two characters know each other prior, or is it a transfer student or first year?
  2. Does the show use comedy a fair amount and fast paced or more slow and or slice of life?
  3. In the first episode are they all just there on vacation and it starts in the middle of that or do they travel there by train (reluctant main character lamenting having to go on the school trip etc). I ask more to see if it was a school trip or maybe just some student housing apartment etc. The (many) students are all interacting on this trip with activities?
  4. Are there any other details like the time period or genre like action or anything special about the school? No magic/fighting school or distinguishing private school aspects, just regular or not-specified/generic in first episode?
  5. By the end of the episode are they all still on vacation, and if you watched a second episode did it continue there?

These are mostly some thoughts to help think of any other distinguishing detail or to be sure about the vacation/class-trip part. They may help others passing through if the first episode did not leave any impression from it's events versus the core of the rest of the show.

Last edited by anime2004; 2020-04-27 at 20:46. Reason: mobile typos/corrections
Old 2020-04-27, 23:54   Link #12651
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Neither of those, both of those I've seen though.
To answer your questions to help us out...

[*]Do the two characters know each other prior, or is it a transfer student or first year?
No, they just suddenly meet in that first episode (I could be wrong though, I for sure remember the first episode involving their first meeting and the girl going through his window of his hotel room)

[*] Does the show use comedy a fair amount and fast paced or more slow and or slice of life?
Definitely more of a slice of life. I don't really recall too much comedy and it wasn't really a slow paced anime, more like average I guess?

[*]In the first episode are they all just there on vacation and it starts in the middle of that or do they travel there by train (reluctant main character lamenting having to go on the school trip etc). I ask more to see if it was a school trip or maybe just some student housing apartment etc. The (many) students are all interacting on this trip with activities?
I don't recall much aside from being on some sort of trip

[*]Are there any other details like the time period or genre like action or anything special about the school? No magic/fighting school or distinguishing private school aspects, just regular or not-specified/generic in first episode?
I believe it's just a typical high school slice of life/romance anime. No magic, sci-fi stuff.

[*]By the end of the episode are they all still on vacation, and if you watched a second episode did it continue there?
I honestly don't remember which is why I want to rewatch c:

Old 2020-04-28, 13:23   Link #12652
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
Neither of those, both of those I've seen though.
To answer your questions to help us out...

[*]Do the two characters know each other prior, or is it a transfer student or first year?
No, they just suddenly meet in that first episode (I could be wrong though, I for sure remember the first episode involving their first meeting and the girl going through his window of his hotel room)

[*] Does the show use comedy a fair amount and fast paced or more slow and or slice of life?
Definitely more of a slice of life. I don't really recall too much comedy and it wasn't really a slow paced anime, more like average I guess?

[*]In the first episode are they all just there on vacation and it starts in the middle of that or do they travel there by train (reluctant main character lamenting having to go on the school trip etc). I ask more to see if it was a school trip or maybe just some student housing apartment etc. The (many) students are all interacting on this trip with activities?
I don't recall much aside from being on some sort of trip

[*]Are there any other details like the time period or genre like action or anything special about the school? No magic/fighting school or distinguishing private school aspects, just regular or not-specified/generic in first episode?
I believe it's just a typical high school slice of life/romance anime. No magic, sci-fi stuff.

[*]By the end of the episode are they all still on vacation, and if you watched a second episode did it continue there?
I honestly don't remember which is why I want to rewatch c:
Thanks for the additional details. I think it comes down to this, maybe?

Seiren (セイレン)
Aired: 2017; Links: Wikipedia(en)

Main guy is away at study camp during summer and is in his room when the girl comes through the ground floor window to first met him.

Samples:
Promo(japanese)
and Trailer (subbed)
with short window scene clip.

That's a little scary for a "hottie's" entrance, but accurate ^_^;

Edit: fixed trailer link. Mobile posting can be a pain for this.

Last edited by anime2004; 2020-04-28 at 13:38.
Old 2020-04-28, 13:35   Link #12653
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime2004 View Post
Thanks for the additional details. I think it comes down to this, maybe?

Seiren (セイレン)
Aired: 2017; Links: Wikipedia(en)

Main guy is away at study camp during summer and is in his room when the girl comes through the window to first met him.

Samples:
Promo(japanese)
and Trailer (subbed)
with short window scene clip.

That's a little scary for a "hottie's" entrance, but accurate ^_^;

Edit: fixed trailer link. Mobile posting can be a pain for this.
Thanks, that's it!

Old 2020-05-18, 13:44   Link #12654
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Any help to identify her is greatly appreciated:

Images
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-19, 02:15   Link #12655
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Any help to identify her is greatly appreciated:

Images
Looks like it's an original illustration by:
Artist: EB十 (variants among others: pobok3120, 김에브, kim_eb, @ebkim00, ...)
Profile Links: Pixiv(EB十, Navier(limobok), Twitter(ebkim00)
Original image was titled「ドレスを着た少女」

The full image is floating around on image boards, which is how I quick found the starting details.

The original background is white and character is still cropped (just below the knees) similar to the deviant art image edit further below, which could have been used for the image you provided. I'd upload it temporarily to a free image site (to avoid linking image boards; and since no official source still has it), but as it looks like the artist wished to remove it. I'd rather not spread copies of it around that can't be easily taken down from said site later. While the artist has removed the image, I hope that their other works at the links above and contact info might be helpful.

TL;DR…
Extra notes (original dead image links, third-party search notes, uses likely with no permission

Artist's sites in relation to original image creation date:
Artist's Pixiv - I only did a quick scan of and did not see other images of the same character, but similar twintails/style, a few heterochromia characters too.
Artist's Navier Blog goes way back but that month of 2016-11 doesn't have it, nor surrounding months when quick checked.
Artist's Twitter Media only goes back to Mar 21, 2018.

But feel free to browse around there just in case.

Looks as though the artist may have become frustrated and removed it and the making of video.... I'm not sure I'd blame them.
Old 2020-05-27, 13:29   Link #12656
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Looking for this high school romance anime that came out like within the last 3 years or so. It specifically involved this hottie high school girl who puts on a lot of make-up as does her group of friends. I think there's a Japanese term for high school girls that do that and are "tanned." The male protagonist is just your average guy who falls in love with this hottie girl, but he's very faithful to this girl friend.

Old 2020-05-27, 18:00   Link #12657
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

The word is Gyaru/Gal. Maybe Hajimete no Gal?
Old 2020-05-28, 00:14   Link #12658
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0cean View Post
The word is Gyaru/Gal. Maybe Hajimete no Gal?
That's it! Thanks !

Old 2020-07-23, 18:39   Link #12659
Robert_Buskohl

I need help remember the name of this manga or Doujinshi

I need help remember the name of this manga or Doujinshi!

Does anyone know a manga or doujinshi that has a plot where a teenage boy is the only pure human left on the planet. In the series the human race had to adopted animal genes to battle a virus that was killing them. The boy in the first few chapters has a cat tail and ears but those are fake to make him fit in. The boy ends up being guarded by three teenage girls that are suppose to make sure that the human species continues. His best friend - and I think crush - is a cat girl that goes into heat and wants to mate with him in the third or fourth chapter, I believe. I believe that his mother was researching the virus and might have made him immune but the guard girls want to meet his mother.

I think the genes are School Life and Romance

Thanks
Robert_Buskohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-25, 16:52   Link #12660
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I typed "Manga animal genes virus" into Google and this is what I found: Okasu Bekarazu!! Junketsu Tokku!

Hope that's correct.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel