AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-03, 01:23   Link #1261
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Well, I decided to take a break from four hours of psychology and power ballads to cast my vote, but it seems the site is down?

Or it may just be me.
Old 2008-04-03, 01:33   Link #1262
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Ain't just you, but I'd pass it off as another temporary instability.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-04-03, 02:11   Link #1263
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Well, I decided to take a break from four hours of psychology and power ballads to cast my vote, but it seems the site is down?

Or it may just be me.
*temporarily awake for five minutes*

If it's one to thirty seconds, I'm publishing something. If it's more than one minute, than either you should be in Vegas or it's not me that is the problem.

I talked to the Weebly Administrator, and he said that they are currently moving some data to another server, so some of the sites will be temporarily down for just about an average of about fifteen minutes. Since I have a lot more pages than the average Weebly site, they took thirty on mine.
Old 2008-04-03, 02:13   Link #1264
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphastickmania View Post
Wow. I actually had to abstain from vote 6 times this round.

Btw, so how are the profile pics going? Which ones are left? (My Maths fail me at this moment and the past two months. Haven't done much sums for too long.)

Edit : I will come back and stalk this place again in say... two-four hours from now.
Right now we have a profile picture for most contestants, but only 24 were voted on and confirmed. At the very least, we have something for each contestant, but we're kinda waiting for more so we have a wider selection to choose from. You can go here to see which ones are still being opened for more submissions, and there should be a link on that page with the ones that are final.

Oh, and recently we've been placing more priority in editing character bios than pictures.
Old 2008-04-03, 02:27   Link #1265
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Mainly because the profile pictures are relatively far more largely settled than the bios, IIRC.

Oh, on a side note, as for extended coverage of this particular project, we could always try setting up an anime blog, I was idly relaxing until this idea struck me, so perhaps your thoughts on this, guys?
Old 2008-04-03, 02:40   Link #1266
Psieye
Lore Hunter

That was the Tessa avatar I suggested some 30 pages ago. Eri pictures were also around there for avatar usage.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-04-03, 03:17   Link #1267
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I wait the whole day today and still couldn't vote.
Either because of technical issue or my own stupid mistakes, it seemed i will not be able to vote this round(this 's last chance for me to use internet today), unless Minhtam can somehow put my votes in -_-'

I can't wait for response, so either help me or ignore the spoiler, thank you ^^
Spoiler for My votes 03/04/08 - Go!!Left:
Old 2008-04-03, 03:33   Link #1268
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I wait the whole day today and still couldn't vote.
Either because of technical issue or my own stupid mistakes, it seemed i will not be able to vote this round(this 's last chance for me to use internet today), unless Minhtam can somehow put my votes in -_-'

I can't wait for response, so either help me or ignore the spoiler, thank you ^^
Spoiler for My votes 03/04/08 - Go!!Left:
It seems that the site has been experiencing difficulties today. First of all, can you access the voting site? If I recall correctly, the main site doesn't need to be up for you to vote, so if this works for you, go ahead and vote!

And yes, Weebly is down for maintenance for me also.
Old 2008-04-03, 03:48   Link #1269
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
It seems that the site has been experiencing difficulties today. First of all, can you access the voting site? If I recall correctly, the main site doesn't need to be up for you to vote, so if this works for you, go ahead and vote!

And yes, Weebly is down for maintenance for me also.
I could get into the voting site, but couldn't vote till you direct it to your previous post. So thank there ^^

Lucky that's i have final look before logging out (it gonna take another few days till i got my internet connect back, so using Library computer atm)
Old 2008-04-03, 03:51   Link #1270
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Yeah, Weebly's down for maintenance over here too.

Actually, this was also why I suggested external blog coverage, weebly tends to go down a tad bit.

edit: voting page still accessible.
Old 2008-04-03, 03:59   Link #1271
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Insomnia today. Not enough energy to do anything productive, too much to go to bed... let me see if I can get something done to put me to bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I could get into the voting site, but couldn't vote till you direct it to your previous post. So thank there ^^
I'm assuming you're referring to the page that says "Click here to return to the International Saimoe League"? If you see that page, that means your votes have been submitted.

Anyways, I see Weebly's doing it full scale this time. What was the earliest time you guys have checked the website before it was down? I need to know the correct hour this started in order to give a proper time extension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
Yeah, Weebly's down for maintenance over here too.

Actually, this was also why I suggested external blog coverage, weebly tends to go down a tad bit.

edit: voting page still accessible.
I may have missed that suggestion a while back, but that is exactly a good idea. What you guys should do is to just post the actual voting page into your blogs so that if Weebly is down, then we can direct people to other sites so that the voting can continue.
Old 2008-04-03, 04:17   Link #1272
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Also, there is a possibility that should this problem continue to persist, I may postpone matches so that there are 64 matches a day, where one character faces two people each on one day. I would like to avoid that, but the only option (at least as far as I know) is to contact the administration about what we have been doing here and figure out a solution together.
Old 2008-04-03, 04:18   Link #1273
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Well, here's my vote three hours and another break later:
Spoiler for Votes:

And I decided to mildly screw my psychology report and work on english.
I have an 88% in psychology right now, and it's impossible to bring it up to an A by the end of the quarter, but it won't drop down to a C unless I completely fail the midterm, so I don't need to work as hard. And it's AP, so it's weighted as an A on my GPA anyway.
Old 2008-04-03, 04:22   Link #1274
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Anyways, I see Weebly's doing it full scale this time. What was the earliest time you guys have checked the website before it was down? I need to know the correct hour this started in order to give a proper time extension.
I checked at around 23:30 PST (6:30 GMT?) and sporadically afterwards and it was down, but it looks like it was accessible an hour earlier, so I would assume it was sometime between 5:30 and 6:30 GMT.
Old 2008-04-03, 04:27   Link #1275
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
I checked at around 23:30 PST (6:30 GMT?) and sporadically afterwards and it was down, but it looks like it was accessible an hour earlier, so I would assume it was sometime between 5:30 and 6:30 GMT.
2:30 PM EST? Seriously? Crap, that's three hours. This could be a problem:

The match has already been postponed to 2430 due to a minor typo on the voting page that has prevented voting. Should I add a 3 hour and 30 minute extension, that translates to 2800, which is 0400 April 4, which is... crap... Midnight on my end. And this weekend is supposed to be a crapshoot - Calculus test on Friday, worth a 1/3 of my grade (I'm expecting A+ material, but it will be hard to pull off if I'm half asleep). Not to mention Saturday's match will be postponed one hour because I have band practice that won't allow me to be there at 0000 when polls close.

There's another solution - ISML can possibly form a joint with AnimeSuki. This is a decision I've been thinking about for a while, as it is the largest English-based participating community in ISML. Now, I don't want to add to GHPro's problems, but if Weebly continues to behave like this, we're going to eventually have to move or provide an alternate solution.
Old 2008-04-03, 04:34   Link #1276
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

My picks:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Demi.; 2008-04-03 at 04:54.
Old 2008-04-03, 04:47   Link #1277
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
2:30 PM EST? Seriously? Crap, that's three hours. This could be a problem:

The match has already been postponed to 2430 due to a minor typo on the voting page that has prevented voting. Should I add a 3 hour and 30 minute extension, that translates to 2800, which is 0400 April 4, which is... crap... Midnight on my end. And this weekend is supposed to be a crapshoot - Calculus test on Friday, worth a 1/3 of my grade (I'm expecting A+ material, but it will be hard to pull off if I'm half asleep). Not to mention Saturday's match will be postponed one hour because I have band practice that won't allow me to be there at 0000 when polls close.
Why do the results need to be posted ASAP? Ok it's too late for now to find someone else to check the results, so declare vote checking etc will be delayed. Seimoe waited a whole day to get the results tallied up for each match (TSO was solo'ing the checks). There is no reason to be afraid of not getting results out ASAP. Declare in advance (read: now) that there will be a delay in counting the votes.

Now go grind on that calculus.

Old 2008-04-03, 05:14   Link #1278
dejitaruNeko

*Sigh* since I'm being prodded to post what I voted...

Not fancy list style but meh...
Old 2008-04-03, 05:17   Link #1279
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Why do the results need to be posted ASAP? Ok it's too late for now to find someone else to check the results, so declare vote checking etc will be delayed. Seimoe waited a whole day to get the results tallied up for each match (TSO was solo'ing the checks). There is no reason to be afraid of not getting results out ASAP. Declare in advance (read: now) that there will be a delay in counting the votes.

Now go grind on that calculus.
Ehh... true. Depends on how my body is physically functioning though - It tends to give way to crazy abnormal sleeping patterns, which I am desperately trying to reset. Either way, I do have to put up some BREAKING NEWS on the website so that we can get around this problem.
Old 2008-04-03, 05:43   Link #1280
wontaek

Look like we are seeing re-emergence of sympathy vote here as many voters gravitate towards the candidate with a loss when other considerations are about the same. Still, the silent majority often acts very different from the vocal minority.

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe