AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-11-29, 19:43   Link #1261
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

I saw the movie and it was pretty badass. Definitely some loop holes and whatnot, but still a great movie. I saw the dub version too which was really good dubbing. Made me wanna pick up a console just for this game, but too much money haha. I think I'll just watch people on twitch and/or YT.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-29, 20:25   Link #1262
ghost013

Question about Aranea

Spoiler for Aranea:
Old 2016-11-29, 20:45   Link #1263
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShifuGamer View Post
Spoiler for I loved everything, but this one thing made me dislike it.:

Put a ACTUAL Spoiler warning like big fat bold letters please.
Old 2016-11-30, 01:49   Link #1264
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So I just picked up my pre-ordered deluxe edition before work. I've been avoiding this thread lately to avoid spoilers, so should I watch the prequel movie before playing the game, or will it spoil me on something?
Old 2016-11-30, 02:40   Link #1265
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
So I just picked up my pre-ordered deluxe edition before work. I've been avoiding this thread lately to avoid spoilers, so should I watch the prequel movie before playing the game, or will it spoil me on something?
yes you should, it won't really spoil much as it is mostly a self contained story but it really needed to understand the full plot that is the main reason for the day one patch
Old 2016-11-30, 17:23   Link #1266
Galaxian

Just watched Kingsglaive. Really entertaining movie. The visual are for the most part spectacular, but there are a few moments of uncanny valley here and there with the character models specially in the earlier part. Also, the English dub is very hit and miss, but the action is even better than Advent Children's.

About the final scene though...

Spoiler for Spoiler:

On to Brotherhood!
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 19:42   Link #1267
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Spoiler for the ending:
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-30, 21:24   Link #1268
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I've got like 11 hours in the game and not even done with chapter 1. At least content isn't a problem. I'm really taking my time to explore everything though.

The combat system feels a bit refined from the Platinum Demo, which is a good thing. I'm still not the biggest fan of it, but it's not really a negative at this point. I like the game so far.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-01, 03:51   Link #1269
Sacredus

ACG review (IMO best reviewer on YT)
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-02, 17:33   Link #1270
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

For those that finished the game, does FFXV have multiple endings or just one?
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-06, 04:58   Link #1271
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

As someone whobhas played every game drom FFIV and beyond I am enjoying the everloving shit out of this. 40 hours in and I'm only starting chapter 6. Been spending my time taking photos for exp and cash, killing monsters the size of buildings, fishing, chocobo riding and trying to get the car completely totalled.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-06, 11:14   Link #1272
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Finished the game. It had its flaws, but...

Spoiler for spoiler:

Only three trophies left (Gladio, Prompto and Ignis' maxed skill levels) and I'll get my first platinum trophy ever.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-06, 13:26   Link #1273
Shadow5YA

I'm around 25 hours in (on chapter 8), and I'm feeling rather ambivalent about this game.

While the combat is well done (even despite some framerate drops here and there...), Noctis' party is very likable, and fights that have to do with the main story like infiltrating the bases or fighting Titan have incredible cinematography, the open world is so incredibly boring.

Many of the sidequests are just "go here and kill this monster or fetch this item out yonder and come back", which is made especially tedious when you can only accept one hunting quest at a time, can only have one quest marker on at a time, and when the loading times for warping to another town or parking spot are horrendous.

Early on in its development (shortly after the name was changed from Versus XIII), I recall trailers where Noctis had to fight his way out of Insomnia while it was under attack. What ever happened to that? Starting the game off in the middle of a barren prairie is not fun or interesting. I have driven through regions like that before. Unless you friends who are constantly talking to you or listening to someone you like on the radio, you are bound to fall asleep and have to pull over.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 11:54   Link #1274
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I haven't started the game yet, and I don't think I will any time soon, since they announced today they're planning to release a patch that will not only change some of the gameplay but also the narrative of the final chapter (more powerful objects, added cut-scenes, etc...).
Old 2016-12-07, 13:16   Link #1275
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Heard a new free patch will improve the visual and make it look like this
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 14:40   Link #1276
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I haven't started the game yet, and I don't think I will any time soon, since they announced today they're planning to release a patch that will not only change some of the gameplay but also the narrative of the final chapter (more powerful objects, added cut-scenes, etc...).
I'd like to see some alternate endings. wonder if it will be possible.
Old 2016-12-07, 20:19   Link #1277
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm going to finish the game as it is now and finish it again when the content update hits. This is so far the first main line game with a lot of potential innate replayability.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 20:40   Link #1278
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

I hope one of the other key characters that become playable is Aranae Highwind, one she's hot, two I like her character. :P

There are not a lot of other key players tbh, Iris, Cor is another but who else besides the ones I've already named.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 22:40   Link #1279
Ultragunner

30 hours in and I'm still at chapter 3 , been busy doing side quests and hunts , granted, they can get really repetitive,

Also when I saw something interesting, I just stopped moving forward and start killing things , got my ass kicked quite a few times though

Tips: when something looks badass and and intimidating, they are probably the real thing, you'd better be prepared
Old 2016-12-07, 23:09   Link #1280
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
30 hours in and I'm still at chapter 3 , been busy doing side quests and hunts , granted, they can get really repetitive,

Also when I saw something interesting, I just stopped moving forward and start killing things , got my ass kicked quite a few times though

Tips: when something looks badass and and intimidating, they are probably the real thing, you'd better be prepared
Solution: Poison them
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote