AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-11-05, 06:45   Link #12881
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
IS6, definitely, given it's all-rounder stats. It's nimble, well-armored, and has a reasonably good HP pool. It's only failing is that it has a gun with bad aim and low penetration, but the APCR round is good, and if you play well enough you'll still get your credits back even with 50% APCR.
Old 2014-11-06, 11:14   Link #12882
Dartvader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
It's slower so it takes players who bought it before they were ready for tier 8 slightly longer to yolo and die in it. Also you'll never pen anything using auto-aim on the IS-6. Lowe much stronk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Why would you say it's better?
with a smart tankist on "Lowe" tank (2k battles on it) you can get a lot of rickoshets, in turret mask & upper armor plate and a lot of penetrations without HP loss, so in my opinion this tank is not so fast but it got it because if his armor.
Dartvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 14:02   Link #12883
Gravitas Free Zone

Stalingrad has a lot of invisible walls that keep people from driving into/across wrecked buildings. But... INVISIBLE, so you'll go 50 KPH up a rubble pile and come to an abrupt halt.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 15:07   Link #12884
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, new update screwed with a lot of mods, the "old serverside reticle" mod included.

Also, I'm waiting for a tier 9 sale in the near future. I seriously need the E75.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 17:56   Link #12885
Gravitas Free Zone

I was more or less compelled to finally install XVM because continuing patch support for the Multilined Tank Carousel went away due to the feature being incorporated into XVM.

I don't think that move is particularly beneficial, but here I am. Anyway, I turned off almost every other XVM feature, except...

Images
I can finally screw around with the Sixth Sense icon to my liking.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I also thought of making a map post with all of Stalingrad's various invisible traps, but it would take a long time to catalogue the whole forcefield madness.
Old 2014-11-07, 05:25   Link #12886
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Stalingrad is a weird map. The match I have today in my Easy Eight in that map gave me 1200 WN8 lol.
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 09:47   Link #12887
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
I haven't had a battle on the Stalingrad map, but I would rather avoid the historic maps since the first one is barely playable most of the time.

I do also seem to be getting off a few lucky shots over the past week or so including a blind sniper shot on westfield in the KV-85 where I managed to get an over 400 HP hit on an M41 Bulldog, but I think the best one shot kill so far was yesterday on a KV-1 when I was in a KV-2 (I didn't think that a head on shot would do that much damage with AP shells on the 155mm gun, but all that happened was spot, aim, shoot and watch as all the health was stripped from the other tank).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 12:07   Link #12888
Gravitas Free Zone

The KV-2's AP averages 700 damage per shot; it can demolish quite a few things if, first, it actually hits, and second, if it penetrates—though the premium AP has a respectable 136 average penetration. It can do for lower tiers, at least. Higher tiers is a lot less reliable, so it's not surprising that most people just use HE for a respectable, if often merely average, amount of damage against almost all targets, versus spending 20 seconds getting AP up the spout for situational very high damage usage.

Images
Meanwhile, I think I'm okay with how I've adjusted the Sixth Sense icon now.

...and Jimbo's crosshair has some bugs with the reload timer.

Edited to add:

WG, drunkworkingdrunk as usual.

Images
I checked for myself.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-11-07 at 21:06.
Old 2014-11-07, 22:08   Link #12889
VDZ

For those playing on the NA server, there's a nice set of missions going on this weekend. Spot 11 players for 60k credits, kill 11 players for 60k credits, and win 11 matches with >250 damage for another 60k credits. All daily. Complete all three for three premium days (once per account).
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-07, 23:39   Link #12890
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

^^ That`s insane! I pulled that one off recently...too bad I`m playing in SEA(Damn I`m amused at the stupidity lol)
Old 2014-11-09, 11:55   Link #12891
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Because I really had to land in Stalingrad while playing my Type 62.

First game in a while, due to connection shenanigans making it impossible to play at all.
Old 2014-11-09, 13:03   Link #12892
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Ok, the T-44 stock is just suffering lvl max. The 85mm bounces A LOT, even against tier 8, thing that (strangely) didn't happened with the T-43 carrying the same gun. I had to spend gold to make it playable.
Old 2014-11-09, 13:15   Link #12893
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
I had to spend gold to make it playable.
Just as planned.jpg
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 16:54   Link #12894
Gravitas Free Zone

Heh, money woes, I've gotten two more Tier 10s in the space of two weeks and am perhaps a week away from a third, except that I can't quite afford that third one.

I miss last year, when the monthly events were made of money instead of consumables.
Old 2014-11-09, 17:13   Link #12895
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I miss last year, when the monthly events were made of money instead of consumables.
Jewgaming as usual, now the only things that gives more money is the On Track, and sadly is only tier 8-10 (and a misserable 15% increase).

What happened WG? you were so cool.

Time to migrate to WT.
Old 2014-11-10, 10:13   Link #12896
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

I bought Matilda IV today and my matches are horrible! T_T Any idea how to play it?

That tank is essential to my plans in getting Obj 140 and T-62A.

Thanks to the recent purchase of IS-6, I have to get IS-7 and IS-3. I think I made a good picks there.
Old 2014-11-10, 10:38   Link #12897
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

The Matilda IV is an uptiered tier 4 Matilda. The gun is ok and has high RoF however the tank is a slug. In a tier where every other medium tank is faster it loses hard.

Also, good for you to buy the IS-6. Remember that the IS-7 needs two loaders.
Old 2014-11-10, 11:45   Link #12898
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
In a tier where every other medium tank is faster it loses hard.
There's no point in comparing the Matilda IV's speed to other mediums, because the playstyle of the Matilda and its variants is equivalent to high-armor heavies rather than to mediums. It's like saying the FCM 50t sucks compared to the Lowe just because it has less alpha and armor. Apples and oranges.

That being said, I can't enjoy the Matilda anymore. It's sad because when I started the game I loved the tank for its armor, DPM and gun handling but now I can't get over how it simply cannot carry games due to its nonexistent ability to flex and deal early damage. I'll call this 'blue player problems'.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 19:01   Link #12899
Gravitas Free Zone

I get in the Matilda, pick a way to go, and do it. Trying to change directions is usually pointless, so I'll go on about my business and hope that the other 14 people that are nominally on my side can handle things. Or if the Matilda is at bottom tier, do the same thing but more cautiously. Might as well yukkuri it with the cruise control on.

I rebought an M46 Patton. I actually had it during its previous On-Track, tried grinding it the hard way for a while, said "WHYYYYYY" like Kay, and sold it.

I'm still on the "WHYYYYYY" stage with the repurchase. The Centurion 7/1 with the 20-pdr. B Barrel managed to combine a ridiculous rate of fire with a decent penetration, meaning that grinding up to the L7A1 wasn't horrible. The 90mm T15E2M2 remains a terrible way to go about things at Tier 9.

Though since I've now switched from a-lots-of-time-and-little-cash situation to a very-little-time-and-a-reasonable-amount-of-cash situation, the Real Money Trap™ has popped up just the way WG planned it for Tier 9: I can avoid banging my head against the wall for another 60000 XP for the low cost of about $10.

Though most amusingly, now that the game saves camouflage that you've purchased, the camo that I put on the M46 a year ago before I sold it turned up as available on the new M46 at no additional cost.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2014-11-10 at 19:23.
Old 2014-11-11, 09:49   Link #12900
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

^^Please dont make me imagine your face saying like that

Anyways, I got a monster game in IS-6 and I managed to kill 3 Lowe who were platted. Damn they`re tough nut to kill because they came from good clan. Received 100k Credits(x 2 and Premium Account).

I wasted 2 shells in penning that annoying VK(tier 9. The one with rear turret). I can`t believed this tank is so heavily armored and I cant pen anything frontally! T_T I managed to pen him on turret and rear though.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks