It's more fun than flying solo?

SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 20:50   Link #12962
Key Board
Carbon

So I have heard reports that they dug up info on the wrong person

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7680221.html

well now someone's really getting sued. Both Dao should sue

edit: now I'm hearing reports that its' the same person after all?
edit2: there are 2 Daos. One from the UA incident and the other that unrelated man was somehow dragged into this.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2017-04-12 at 21:33.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-13, 03:39   Link #12963
Valky
Radioactive

^If that's true .. man .. how many times United can messed up. First the incident, the second one was the press statement, and now this. It's stupid.
Old 2017-04-13, 17:30   Link #12964
Key Board
Carbon

well..

Scorpion stings passenger on United Airlines flight

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/health...s-flight-trnd/
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2017-04-16, 05:35   Link #12965
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Meet Putter, the Ice Cream-Loving Squirrel

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-04-18, 15:56   Link #12966
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

US Carrier Task Force Wasn't Heading to Korea After All

Quote:
As worries deepened last week about whether North Korea would conduct a missile test, the White House declared that ordering an American aircraft carrier into the Sea of Japan would send a powerful deterrent signal and give President Trump more options in responding to the North’s provocative behavior.

The problem was, the carrier, the Carl Vinson, and the four other warships in its strike force were at that very moment sailing in the opposite direction, to take part in joint exercises with the Australian Navy in the Indian Ocean, 3,500 miles southwest of the Korean Peninsula.
Indeed, a photo taken by the Navy itself showed the carrier in the Sunda Strait, which separates the Indonesian islands of Java and Sumatra, on April 15th.

The Vinson might reach the Sea of Japan sometime next week.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 02:04   Link #12967
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Have Hong Kong's youth lost hope in the future?
Old 2017-04-29, 03:37   Link #12968
DracoS

Hong Kong's a perfect example of why democracy a better form of government than communism. In democracy people knows their channels and way to change things if there unhappy, it might be a hard slog in some cases, but you can always try. In a communist state by contrast, the government decides everything, and if they disagree with you, tough luck.

I feel sorry for the people of Hong Kong, but I don’t think there much the West can do for them. The UK ruled Hong Kong for a 100 years and then we had to give it back to China under the deal, so there legitimately Chinese subjects… and it’s not like we’re going to send a liberation force in against a power as major China to change that, since it would start WW3.
DracoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 17:51   Link #12969
AnimeFan188

“Out of his mind” surgeon plans human head
transplant, revival of frozen brain:

"Italian neurosurgeon Sergio Canavero will undertake the first human head transplant later
this year in China, the doctor told German magazine Ooom in an article published
Thursday. And, following that effort, he will revive a cryogenically frozen brain and
transplant it into a donor body within the next three years.

The plans, completely disconnected from reality and the state of modern medicine, are at
least in line with his previous outlandish goals and dubious animal research."

See:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017...urgeon-claims/
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 20:21   Link #12970
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoS View Post
Hong Kong's a perfect example of why democracy a better form of government than communism. In democracy people knows their channels and way to change things if there unhappy, it might be a hard slog in some cases, but you can always try. In a communist state by contrast, the government decides everything, and if they disagree with you, tough luck.

I feel sorry for the people of Hong Kong, but I don’t think there much the West can do for them. The UK ruled Hong Kong for a 100 years and then we had to give it back to China under the deal, so there legitimately Chinese subjects… and it’s not like we’re going to send a liberation force in against a power as major China to change that, since it would start WW3.
oh pls, if the UK was interested in democracy it would have allow elections in HK decades earlier. Instead of just right handing it back to China.
Old 2017-04-30, 20:40   Link #12971
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
“Out of his mind” surgeon plans human head
transplant, revival of frozen brain:

"Italian neurosurgeon Sergio Canavero will undertake the first human head transplant later
this year in China, the doctor told German magazine Ooom in an article published
Thursday. And, following that effort, he will revive a cryogenically frozen brain and
transplant it into a donor body within the next three years.

The plans, completely disconnected from reality and the state of modern medicine, are at
least in line with his previous outlandish goals and dubious animal research."

See:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017...urgeon-claims/
Why not start with an animal brain first
Old 2017-05-02, 21:59   Link #12972
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I hope he doesn't have to change his last name to Cadavero if he fails.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-02, 22:06   Link #12973
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Why not start with an animal brain first
he kinda did

http://www.businessinsider.co.id/hea...pcbz20yzHgb.97

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 09:06   Link #12974
Key Board
Carbon

This is horrifying to me and not funny
Old 2017-05-03, 09:19   Link #12975
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
This is horrifying to me and not funny
exactly exactly. Internal organs is ok, but external parts will bel not that aesthetically pleasing. Though technology-wise it might be effective in armies - we just need to reduce sensitivity and then we will be able to swap parts on the fly. Then again using mechanical parts should be more effective.

We should better concentrate on raising artificial humans (expect rights movement for them lol) and moving the consciousness.
Old 2017-05-05, 03:00   Link #12976
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Delta Air Lines kicks US family off flight after row over toddler

What is wrong with these US airlines?
Old 2017-05-05, 05:52   Link #12977
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
exactly exactly. Internal organs is ok, but external parts will bel not that aesthetically pleasing. Though technology-wise it might be effective in armies - we just need to reduce sensitivity and then we will be able to swap parts on the fly. Then again using mechanical parts should be more effective.

We should better concentrate on raising artificial humans (expect rights movement for them lol) and moving the consciousness.
I would define any temporary disconnect of consciousness in the transfer as me dying and a copy of me being born.
I would hope for a nanotechnology that gradually replaces my brain with silicon or likewise nonorganic material slowly without interruption of my conscious for a mechanical immortality.
Old 2017-05-05, 06:22   Link #12978
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I would define any temporary disconnect of consciousness in the transfer as me dying and a copy of me being born.
I would hope for a nanotechnology that gradually replaces my brain with silicon or likewise nonorganic material slowly without interruption of my conscious for a mechanical immortality.
But once that's done, if you're turned off and on again (no pun intended), do you consider that a death + a copy being born?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-05, 07:32   Link #12979
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
A certain horror scifi game dealt with that and started asking interesting questions about it.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-05, 08:30   Link #12980
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/04/u...olen-test.html

Student Arrested After Crawling Into a Duct to Steal an Exam

Tags
humor