AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-13, 12:19   Link #12961
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

*continues Backlog...*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Here's something for everyone.

Presenting ...

The Blue Cheesium of Character Interaction!

Spoiler for Chapter Two—The Warning:

I know, there's zero action in this chapter. In its stead are various fillers for unanswered questions that hopefully have been fulfilled now. Still, enjoy it.

I'll post a tutorial (lol) on the Astral Mage-knights later, maybe tomorrow.

Spoiler for Chapter 3:
WHAT KIND OF WIN IS THIS?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Another one who's gonna be interacting a lot with Hayate, eh. Looking forward to meeting this character. And she'll obviously be gettinga long great with Hayate seeing their common interest.
Actually, if Hayate does have a cosplay complex, Yunie would be the one who corrupted her .

Basically these two met 8 years before StrikerS during the time Hayate was first summoned to the Church. She's pretty much like Hayate's elder sister (even shared the same room together), and is closest to her than everyone else other than the Wolkenritter. Their relationship is even closer than Hayate's friendship with N&F, and Hayate sometimes feel that Yunie is the only one who understand her most.

One of the factors that made them so close would be their linked past. Yunie's past is one that shows the possible "Bad Ends" that Hayate would suffer, had Graham's idea worked or had Hayate herself been subject to selfish manipulations. Ironically, the Tome of the Night Sky was, in a way, the source of her sufferings, and you can imagine how she had felt initially when she found out that Hayate is its final Meister.

In fact, out of the Aethyric Raiders taskforce (temp name, includes Hayate) I'm working on, Yunie has the darkest and most tortured past.

Spoiler for Add-on...:

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2007-10-13 at 12:29.
Old 2007-10-13, 12:32   Link #12962
Jimmy C

Quote:
Elements in the natural form are raw, unprocessed energy. Everything consists of the four basic Elements: water, air, fire, and earth. Pure energy resides in these four types, which can be harvested by Mage-knights to channel spells. If you want a list, it'd be endlessly long ... In any case, as long as the thing carries energy and are in their unrefined form, they can use them as Elements. For starters, think of your chemical molecules. Excited molecules consist of a certain quanta of energy, which can be donated/emitted to other molecules. Mage-knights harvest the energy within the excited molecules, leaving the stable, non-volatile molecules behind. The environment contains an almost endless reserve of this type of energy, and it is this that makes up Elements. Mana are stabilized forms of the energy the Mage-knights cannot use.
You need to do better than that. What you are describing is the normal state of energy and its transfer in the natural world. In fact, you example of "Mage-knights harvest the energy within the excited molecules, leaving the stable, non-volatile molecules behind." is basically how we harness energy from natural sources. We use mechanisms to do that, but the principle is the same.
You state these people do not have Linker Cores and do not use mana-based magic. Then how do they draw this energy from the environment without using magic in the first place? The mundane way would be to use technological means. But look around our civilisation, that has its limits.
Old 2007-10-13, 12:37   Link #12963
DisavateraMX
...is as he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Like I said to Aaron.. this guy is a UK citizen from birth, so it's nice to reference back to his home
It's a really nice place...Been around the UK before, great area. Missed the chance to see Stonehenge though (brings back sad memories.)

Quote:

A really nice and detailed system here that gives nice power while also having some massive drawbacks. *stamps seal of approval*

It really helps in making sense of your writing Good job!
WOAH. That's real dangerous for a system, though. URK. Immolation sounds like the most major personal calamity for a mage I've heard in a week.

Quote:
Hmm, nice character overall. I'm not sure how many defensive players there are in the thread, but there aren't very many of them.

I was a little worried about the inclusion of a unison device, but it seems that you've covered yourself nicely in your backstory as to why there's another unison device floating around. Very good job
[/QUOTE]

AH....Now I see it. You wanted an explanation about the Unison Device...although somehow...after just 10 minutes of thought, I had forgotten about it

Sorry for my absence, my com died on me. And Firefox Restore couldn't save me either. ><

@PhoenixFlare: I think that if I remembered my BoD case right, it's made of a hell load of Linker Cores assimilated into one. If Paradox is an incomplete BoD, then I think it makes sense to say that's its a hell lot of LCs in one.

The numbers may change, I realized that some Linker Cores fill up more pages than others (remembers Vita-Shamal exchange in A's).

@ Arcc: You just saved my life with that template. Was racking my head as to how I was going to keep from confusing everyone.

@ people watching my progress: And I think I may have to take Ark off the Assassin OC list...I just, on closer inspection, realized that she's more a Tactical Strike type. Insertion - Extraction -High Risk Op (like Tanya from RA). Thanks for all the comments...

Now, for quite some people, explanations were in order, right? So okay, here's to you, Arcc, and Collins-san! Hope you don't mind if I borrow this...

(deep breath.)

Here we go. Ikkuze!

True Name: Arkadia Sougan
Given Name: Arkady
Hair: Black
Eyes: Gold
World of Origin: Unknown
Factional Affiliation: TSAB (as of last report)
Magic Style: Old Belkan
Specialization: Tactical Strike, High Risk Ops
Elemental Affinity: Air

On Intelligent Device...
Spoiler for Intelligent Device and associated skills:

On Barrier Jacket...
Spoiler for Barrier jacket:

And now the Unison Device, or is it?
Spoiler for Unison Device:

And now (phew) the Backstory.
Spoiler for backstory:

@ Estavali: ACK. You really got me there with Yunie...but I should've known, seeing as that the BoD case is a HUGE hanger in the plot of MLSN...They must've expected fanfic, I swear (conspiracy theory again.)

Please do update me on her, I'd hate it if I end up doing the same thing...Geh. Makes me feel silly. Not just for my ego though, 2 separate, original characters are a lot of FUN anyway!

*Oh yeah, I forgot, Arkadia's a little mental. No wonder she almost decapitated Shamal back there *

*Hoping Yunie isn't mental. But well, if she's a cosplay addict, then "mental" is a good way to describe her. Cosplay for fun anime madness!*

@Jimmy C and PhoenixFlare: Ah, well, I suppose, Jimmy C, that PhoenixFlare has only just begun, and I see nothing wrong with the natural order of harnessing energy (Nanoha's technology levels are way beyond the Non-Admin Area's, I do say)

...Mid and Belka are WAY into the Star Trek age already, I don't believe they can't get stuff that can do that for them...

(looks at the Jail's Numbers rather fondly)

I think my ideas looked worse when they started out anyway

If only those A-Knights could use the non-volatile stuff too, that would be some WIN, I do say. Although maybe that's against Chemistry as we know it. Ah well.

(collapses suddenly.)

...I think...That's all I could manage with my remaining sanity levels for today. Now I shall sit back and watch, and regain it, before starting to write:

PROLOGUE: SYSTEM SHOCK RELOADED

Oh, my brain cells... WIN level HIGH, Cognitive response: NEAR NIL...

NEXT UP: "Silber Jung Frau" (haven't written over 2000 words in an era, no thanks to limits on essay lengths in school )

Woah, FieryAeon elaborated on everything I said about the A-Knights in style... cool.

*points downwards*

Last edited by DisavateraMX; 2007-10-14 at 13:06. Reason: *didn't see Estavali there...sorry...and Jimmy C, too.
Old 2007-10-13, 13:39   Link #12964
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
You need to do better than that. What you are describing is the normal state of energy and its transfer in the natural world. In fact, you example of "Mage-knights harvest the energy within the excited molecules, leaving the stable, non-volatile molecules behind." is basically how we harness energy from natural sources. We use mechanisms to do that, but the principle is the same.
You state these people do not have Linker Cores and do not use mana-based magic. Then how do they draw this energy from the environment without using magic in the first place? The mundane way would be to use technological means. But look around our civilisation, that has its limits.
I can't help but comment on this. Firstly you are using the wrong comparison here. You said "But look around our civilisation, that has its limits." This is Nanohaverse, so to use Earth's civilization and technology as comparison is IMO incorrect.

The sentoukijin Otto's IS generates beams and Dieci's blast energy beam are said to be special skills gained because of the mechanical implants/upgrades in them. They obviously can't use magic, but it didn't stop them from utilizing skills that were very similar to magic. Sure they might not have been harnessing raw environmental energy, but their "magic" is possible because of technology.

You asked how do they harness these energy but Phoenix stated clearly in his post that they've developed ways/techniques that help them to do this. I say this reasoning is rather acceptable.
Old 2007-10-13, 13:45   Link #12965
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
MASAKA!! SONNA BAKANA!!!

Could Keroko actually return the "Oh-so-wrong" feelings that Arcas feels for her?
Last I recall, Arcas already had a girlfriend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Heh about what was expected, but given Keroko is used so much she hardly needs to be fleshed out more but she's such an attention whore she had to do it anyway of course. Yeah I can see through your act Little Miss "Oh I'm not really trying this is just how I am!"
Keroko-chan: *flails* but I'm not!

Quote:
This is more informative though not much given her straight to the point answers!
And yet, that in itself is informative.

Quote:
Pixy: Hmm this reminds me of someone...
O'Neil: True. Hmmm if he can't nab Keroko maybe we can get her... Cipher!
Cipher:
What?
O'Neil: I have a mission for you!
Cipher: I'm not going to go and try to pick up random women so you can boost the male female ratio of the team. -_-
O'Neil: Damn how did you know?!
Teal'c: I believe I've covered your transparency before O'Neil.
Even if cipher agreed, he would be facing an impossible mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
*Tock... Tock... Tock...*

*DING!*

THAT'S IT! ALCHOHOL!!!! YOU'RE A GENIUS !!!
... Do I want to know?

Quote:
But in any case...

Jeno: "Everyone, listen! Keroko from the Rogue Squadron is bi!"
Dwe? How did you come to that conclusion?

Quote:
Keroko has a crush on someone?! Who, WHO?!
[Xellos]Sore wa, himitsu desu.[/Xellos]

Quote:
Ahh... As to be expected; an analytical and concise interview from Tesla. She's an eternal teenager, alright. Aurion's little insert showed one of her pet peeves quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Keroko-obachan.
Fortunately, Alistina saved me from having to do that to the poo girl.

Quote:
And Tesla/Griffth?

Quote:
WE NEED TESLA VS LUCINO, COMPUTER GAME BATTLE SCENARIO NAO!
I'll... see what I can do. I won't make any promises, though.

Quote:
More credibility to my Saga = Aurion/Keroko lovechild crack.

*runs*
Dwe-?

Quote:
Oh my... I've created a Tsun-dere-dere unintentionally...

... Now I know how Kerko feels >.>
Well this is... a rather interesting development.

Quote:
I see, I see...

So, a shota!Jeno pretty much looks like this?

Computes Jeno's image...

@_@
... Couldn't help but think of this guy when I saw that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Keroko-kun should be up to it but he seems busy lately.
Pretty much.
Old 2007-10-13, 13:54   Link #12966
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

@DisavateraMX:

Well, at least their magic styles appears to be quite different. I'm working on a new style for her, and trying to make sense of it is giving me a headache.

Though I'm surprised that I'm not the only one who wants Hebrew as a device language . Not that I'm Jewish or knows the language well, but since my initial setting for the Belkan religion is based on Judaism, I thought it might be nice if the Ancient Belkan spells are done in Hebrew as well.

I'm not sure what to do when the devices talk in a non-English language. What do you folks do for such situations (especially those who don't know the device language in the first place, like me)? Refer to the online translator, or just write them down in English nonetheless ?

Signature by liro
Old 2007-10-13, 13:59   Link #12967
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I've only used German for devices so far, and I have a basic understanding of the language. Whenever I need Japanese I use online translators and use the few scraps of gramatic understanding I have from watching anime.
Old 2007-10-13, 14:10   Link #12968
DisavateraMX
...is as he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
@DisavateraMX:

Well, at least their magic styles appears to be quite different. I'm working on a new style for her, and trying to make sense of it is giving me a headache.

Though I'm surprised that I'm not the only one who wants Hebrew as a device language . Not that I'm Jewish or knows the language well, but since my initial setting for the Belkan religion is based on Judaism, I thought it might be nice if the Ancient Belkan spells are done in Hebrew as well.

I'm not sure what to do when the devices talk in a non-English language. What do you folks do for such situations (especially those who don't know the device language in the first place, like me)? Refer to the online translator, or just write them down in English nonetheless ?
Hmmm...Oh my word. Hebrew TOO? Okay, brilliant...maybe I could make a last minute switch to Aramaic...seeing as that the main precepts were generated in those two languages, and then later in Coptic (reprints, lol)

Don't worry. The fact that you make up so much stuff apart from the usual legendary weapon thing or such makes you rather...well read I say. Not that other people aren't. There are a LOT of other things that make you seem well read.

Yuppp...new magic styles = Headache. Working out ALL the things about hacking makes me revisit Logarithms, Algorithms and Cryptology and Equation Structure. OH, MATHS!!!! THOU ART KILLING MY BRAIN CELLS!!!

Worse, I'm doing more than one new magic concept. Geh, the Barrier Jacket and Belkan Tech Cyborg thing I was doing for the SJF ended up too similar to the Astral Knight thing Phoenix was doing, so I had to scrap it and restart. Just today, too...ah well.

(And I HAVE to add a System Shock reference, if not I'll die of the pain of missing out on this chance...SHODAN-sama!)

I know rudimentary Latin, Italian, German, French, Jap, and in depth Chinese and English, so usually I had no problem (It isn't too great when you know that I have been singing foreign songs for 8 years now, and I ONLY have a rudimentary grasp. Man, I'm too lazy to be in a professional choir ) But I think I am forced to use an online translator for anything beyond "YAHWEH" in Hebraic, and I'm useless 100% at any other Middle Eastern language. GEH...

Unless anyone here can help us, I think we're stuck with the online translation...Just pray the Hebrews had a comprehensive vocab, I guess.

@ Keroko: I really wasn't bragging about my linguistic prowess...I just didn't see your post there...sorry if it might be misconstrued...

@ Thread: Same as above...But I think you all understand my position. Half the people in my batch in choir know more Latin and Italian and German than I do...I'm in the lower tier...sigh. It's hard in choir.

Last edited by DisavateraMX; 2007-10-13 at 14:18. Reason: *Just to remove possible misunderstandings...
Old 2007-10-13, 14:30   Link #12969
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

To be honest, I often find online translation web services to be rather inaccurate. For example using babelfish to translate a word or two wouldn't be too much of a problem, but don't depend on it to accurately translate a paragraph or sentence for you.

But if all you want translated are simple words, I suppose babelfish is decent enough.
Old 2007-10-13, 16:12   Link #12970
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I usually use Jeffrey's Japanese<->English Dictionary Server as it gives both broad translations and short explanations of the words, making it far more accurate. True, you'll have to create the sentences yourself, but at least you'll know you're using the correct words.
Old 2007-10-13, 16:21   Link #12971
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Quote:
And matter manipulation ... hmm, somehow I've seen this before ...
Oh? It's a pretty common underlying mechanic, especially when this particular sort of magic needs to be explained, but I'm curious what you're reading into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisavateraMX View Post
@ Arcc: You just saved my life with that template. Was racking my head as to how I was going to keep from confusing everyone.
Glad I could contribute something to help someone.

I wonder if Keroko knows how to use a dictionary as effectively as Kyou does . . . Nice ref, Chaos.

I'm going to go back and revise just a bit of Arcc's history, specifically certain numerical inconsistencies and power levels, but I really need to know where most of the fan-character interaction is currently located on the timeline.

And now for something completely cliche:

Spoiler for Questionaire:

Last edited by Arcc; 2007-10-13 at 16:54.
Old 2007-10-13, 16:41   Link #12972
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisavateraMX View Post
It's a really nice place...Been around the UK before, great area. Missed the chance to see Stonehenge though (brings back sad memories.)

WOAH. That's real dangerous for a system, though. URK. Immolation sounds like the most major personal calamity for a mage I've heard in a week.

AH....Now I see it. You wanted an explanation about the Unison Device...although somehow...after just 10 minutes of thought, I had forgotten about it

Sorry for my absence, my com died on me. And Firefox Restore couldn't save me either. ><

@PhoenixFlare: I think that if I remembered my BoD case right, it's made of a hell load of Linker Cores assimilated into one. If Paradox is an incomplete BoD, then I think it makes sense to say that's its a hell lot of LCs in one.

The numbers may change, I realized that some Linker Cores fill up more pages than others (remembers Vita-Shamal exchange in A's).

@ people watching my progress: And I think I may have to take Ark off the Assassin OC list...I just, on closer inspection, realized that she's more a Tactical Strike type. Insertion - Extraction -High Risk Op (like Tanya from RA). Thanks for all the comments...

Now, for quite some people, explanations were in order, right? So okay, here's to you, Arcc, and Collins-san! Hope you don't mind if I borrow this...

(deep breath.)

Here we go. Ikkuze!

True Name: Arkadia Sougan
Given Name: Arkady
Hair: Black
Eyes: Gold
World of Origin: Unknown
Factional Affiliation: TSAB (as of last report)
Magic Style: Old Belkan
Specialization: Tactical Strike, High Risk Ops
Elemental Affinity: Air

On Intelligent Device...
Spoiler for Intelligent Device and associated skills:

On Barrier Jacket...
Spoiler for Barrier jacket:

And now the Unison Device, or is it?
Spoiler for Unison Device:

And now (phew) the Backstory.
Spoiler for backstory:

@ Estavali: ACK. You really got me there with Yunie...but I should've known, seeing as that the BoD case is a HUGE hanger in the plot of MLSN...They must've expected fanfic, I swear (conspiracy theory again.)

Please do update me on her, I'd hate it if I end up doing the same thing...Geh. Makes me feel silly. Not just for my ego though, 2 separate, original characters are a lot of FUN anyway!

*Oh yeah, I forgot, Arkadia's a little mental. No wonder she almost decapitated Shamal back there *

*Hoping Yunie isn't mental. But well, if she's a cosplay addict, then "mental" is a good way to describe her. Cosplay for fun anime madness!*

@Jimmy C and PhoenixFlare: Ah, well, I suppose, Jimmy C, that PhoenixFlare has only just begun, and I see nothing wrong with the natural order of harnessing energy (Nanoha's technology levels are way beyond the Non-Admin Area's, I do say)

...Mid and Belka are WAY into the Star Trek age already, I don't believe they can't get stuff that can do that for them...

(looks at the Jail's Numbers rather fondly)

I think my ideas looked worse when they started out anyway

If only those A-Knights could use the non-volatile stuff too, that would be some WIN, I do say. Although maybe that's against Chemistry as we know it. Ah well.

(collapses suddenly.)

...I think...That's all I could manage with my remaining sanity levels for today. Now I shall sit back and watch, and regain it, before starting to write:

PROLOGUE: SYSTEM SHOCK RELOADED

Oh, my brain cells... WIN level HIGH, Cognitive response: NEAR NIL...

NEXT UP: "Silber Jung Frau" and "Dot Hack" intro, and my PROLOGUE (haven't written over 2000 words in an era, no thanks to limits on essay lengths in school )

Woah, FieryAeon elaborated on everything I said about the A-Knights in style... cool.

*points downwards*
Well, well!

An interesting character...and a unique language choice. I personally can't wait to see Paradox in action. A nice past story and other info, too...enjoyable, I must say.

Will we be seeing any segments involving her any time soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I usually use Jeffrey's Japanese<->English Dictionary Server as it gives both broad translations and short explanations of the words, making it far more accurate. True, you'll have to create the sentences yourself, but at least you'll know you're using the correct words.
That might come in handy...who knows when I'll try to implement Japanese words into a work of mine, but I'll do it some day.

And now, for a little new material, I shall bring forward the second Espada I made, with, again, Person's consent. A general loon, and explosives lover, I present to you(in appearance terms for now)...Sabas Patan!

Spoiler for Sabas:

Fittingly, "Patan" (I can't do an accented 'a' on the first one...or was it the second... so sue me ) also means 'loon' in Spanish...and when further material about him is released, you'll see that it suits him.
Old 2007-10-13, 17:20   Link #12973
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

I think I'll do that around Spring time
(Unless someone here knows when's the fox's mating season )
Acutally it’s more likely to be in late winter so pups are born in spring rather then late summer when the temperature and food supply is about to begin dropping again. Of course we’re talking about a magical fox women here so that date ought to be pretty damn pliable to suit your needs once you set it though you’ll have to hold to it.

Quote:
Heh, thanks. I tried really hard to make it as balanced as possible, since it wouldn't do to have a magic system that totally eclipses Mid-childan and Belkan ones.

Phew, at least it works out.
  1. No, they are not mages by birth. What make them mage-like is their ability to channel Elements into magic-like attacks, which earned them the title of a "mage". As explained earlier, they cannot control Mana, but they can utilize their own reserves of Elements. Linker Cores are organs that store Mana, so they don't have one. If you're going to read their magic level with TSAB technology, it would report a magic level of zero.
  2. They can, if they want to, but, no, usually they don't. Except for the Saint of the Scepter, the rest are often seen in couples.
  3. Elements in the natural form are raw, unprocessed energy. Everything consists of the four basic Elements: water, air, fire, and earth. Pure energy resides in these four types, which can be harvested by Mage-knights to channel spells. If you want a list, it'd be endlessly long ... In any case, as long as the thing carries energy and are in their unrefined form, they can use them as Elements. For starters, think of your chemical molecules. Excited molecules consist of a certain quanta of energy, which can be donated/emitted to other molecules. Mage-knights harvest the energy within the excited molecules, leaving the stable, non-volatile molecules behind. The environment contains an almost endless reserve of this type of energy, and it is this that makes up Elements. Mana are stabilized forms of the energy the Mage-knights cannot use.
I personally don't have that much issue with this "drawing power from nature" is a pretty standard magical base and the pseudo-science behind it is merely fluff, fluff that's probably not even really needed. I would rephrase "almost endless" though you can't draw an almost limitless amount of energy from ANYTHING and the amount of energy is say rocks and dirt is pretty damn limited to start with. It might be another interesting tidbit if they need to keep moving around as the drain the environment around them of useful energy, it might also be advisable to consider the maximum range they can draw energy in from and that different environs might be more or less advantageous to them, this also opens up a possible counter of forcing a battle in an area where they're weak of them getting the drop on some place they're strong.

Quote:
========

Anyway, I just read through the tutorial and noticed a lot of errors. I'll correct them later.

In any case, I have a roster of characters that I will include in GuardianS. I'm still open for suggestions, these people are going to be involved in the main storyline.

Spoiler for Cast of Characters:
*Begins slipping Phoenix bribes as he's intensely interested in seeing another competent author portray one of his OCs*

Quote:

Keroko-chan: *flails* but I'm not!
Yeah, yeah we all know what you really are now!

Quote:
And yet, that in itself is informative.
Sort of.

Quote:
Even if cipher agreed, he would be facing an impossible mission.
O'Neil: Nothing is impossible, and besides we make the impossible possible all the time! Hmm that would make a good T-shirt slogan for the PT gear...
Daniel: Please just stop talking...
Cipher: *nods*

Besides Telsa needs a Harem of her own if she's going to keep up with her rival I'm just going my part to help her catch up!

Quote:
I can't believe I'm quote a damn smilely...

My only issue is that canon seems to heavily hint at him being in a relationship and I really don’t like OCs butting in and destroying those. It’s not quite a lock like some so it’s not automatic fail, but I’m still a bit leery.

Quote:
I'll... see what I can do. I won't make any promises, though.
I'll write it for you, I waste enough time playing PC strategy games I might as well put those wasted hours of my life to work.

*Goes back to watching dozens of bits of bodies and vehicles fly skyward as Jerry is buried under a 3 gun creeping barrage from M7 Priest SPGs in COH:OF from across a river on the other side of the map*

Ahhh Artillery truly is the god of war.

*keeps pruning backlog*
Old 2007-10-13, 17:43   Link #12974
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Acutally it’s more likely to be in late winter so pups are born in spring rather then late summer when the temperature and food supply is about to begin dropping again. Of course we’re talking about a magical fox women here so that date ought to be pretty damn pliable to suit your needs once you set it though you’ll have to hold to it.
I see...
Well since they have long lives (and dificulty breeding ) I decided to make it at a random time of the year, maybe even with irregular intervals (like 5, 7 years or so)

Well...that aside, I did a small sketch from the last scene in part 3
Spoiler for Yui hug:

Back to work!
*runs*
Old 2007-10-13, 18:15   Link #12975
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
I didn't expect it because I though Uguu~ was counted under MOE.
<thinks> Well... uguu~ IS a subset of MOE...

Quote:
I'm open for suggestions on how that girl should be.
Well, in my mind, the "old flame" would probably be someone from Aurion's 20s. She'd be a fireball, like SEED's Cagalli, but have a head on her shoulders, and be able to keep up with Aurion's tricks and sarcasm, and roll her eyes whenever he tries to do something to get a reaction out of her.

She COULD be a Tsundere, but it WOULD NOT be a requirement.

If you need an example, the girl would be like a combination of Marion Ravenwood for Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Maria Tachibana from Sakura Taisen - someone who's calm, intelligent, and professional, but also has the inner fire to smack people when they're being stupid.

Quote:

Spoiler for not sure about this:

*runs*
When is THAT time of year?

I'll tell you one thing, though. If it were up to Chaos, Maren would be trying to claw off Koji's pants whenever they had a moment...

...but I know you're not like that, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Not in the face, but she gripes about that to her pals by accident. ;p

Try telling that to her.
<sighs> Me trying to convince Sophia of that would be like talking to a brick wall - TIME TO DEPLOY MY SECRET WEAPON!!!

Quote:
Scarlet: "What? He is not doing Maren? Mou~ What are you doing ? You have to peform better !!"
<sighs> First it was Fate/stay Night, then it was Gurren-Lagann, and now it's Seto no Hanayome...

Quote:
Spoiler for Kaempfer of the Blacknether Dragonflight:
These questions just don't bring out the GAR in him. He's the kind that shines in actions, not words...
I cracked up @ the "Burning Manly Passion" part - the Kabuki thing always causes me to lose my normally stern exterior...

And Wira-chan's rather affectionate, ne? She and Mel'd get along great - she's always hanging onto Arcas whenever they're alone.

And BTW, shouldn't Sophia be laughing like THIS?

Quote:
Spoiler for Allison Ford from the shoulder of Kaempfer:
Allison... and Hiro?

Well, I'll say this much... if Mel ever found out about it, she'd drag Arcas and whoever else she could get in to do some matchmaking...

Quote:
Last I recall, Arcas already had a girlfriend.
He does... but that's why he considers his feelings "GRADE-A WRONG"! He knows that he's made a pledge to be faithful to Mel, but he can't help but care for his first captain...

NEW MATERIAL!!!

Just This...

What did I do this time? Nobody reviewed the 82nd's answer's to the quiz... did I snub someone?

<assumes Kagami-serious Mode>

Or did all of you just forget to do it?

Please, at least ONE of you say something about my answers.

The poist is here, BTW.

Last edited by Reiji Tabibito; 2007-10-13 at 21:01.
Old 2007-10-13, 18:18   Link #12976
KBTKaiser

You're not the only one waiting for feedback, Reiji.

Lowe? Aaron? where are my mecha buddies?

Last edited by KBTKaiser; 2007-10-13 at 18:41.
Old 2007-10-13, 19:02   Link #12977
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
When is THAT time of year?

I'll tell you one thing, though. If it were up to Chaos, Maren would be trying to claw off Koji's pants whenever they had a moment...

...but I know you're not like that, yes?
Yep, I'm not like that
And 'when'? Let me see...*checks schedule*
*imagines something*
*spit take*
Now that would be an unusual birthday present

Nevermind that...my imagination just went wild for a second...

When the time is right I'll write it into the story

Quote:
<sighs> First it was Fate/stay Night, then it was Gurren-Lagann, and now it's Seto no Hanayome...
Which episode was that? Can't quite remember
*runs*
Old 2007-10-13, 19:24   Link #12978
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:

NEW MATERIAL!!!

Just This...

What did I do this time? Nobody reviewed the 82nd's answer's to the quiz... did I snub someone?

<assumes Kagami-serious Mode>

Or did all of you just forget to do it?

Please, at least ONE of you say something about my answers.

The poist is here, BTW.
*Is busy calling in air strikes on Russian positions*
“Eat hot Napalmy Death commies!!!”

*hears something in the background and pauses from World In conflict*

Huh? Did someone say something?

PS:
World In Conflict = Real Time Tactical Ownage.

PPS:
Will look at when I'm done binging on my new game... ETA, unknown probably hours.
Old 2007-10-13, 19:52   Link #12979
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post

<sighs> Well, at least we're in this together...

Quote:
Yep, I'm not like that
*imagines something*
*spit take*

*runs*
Good enough.

And the SnH reference was EPISODE 2!!!

Quote:

PS:

PPS:
Will look at when I'm done binging on my new game... ETA, unknown probably hours.
<sighs> Figures... I'm always the one to get left in the dust... even the NEW people get reviews before me...

Uguu~, hidoi yo, minna...
Old 2007-10-13, 20:03   Link #12980
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Heh, I use that same site. I'm studying Japanese, but it's nice to have a good online dictionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito
Quote:

<sighs> Well, at least we're in this together...

Quote:
Yep, I'm not like that
*imagines something*
*spit take*

*runs*
Good enough.

And the SnH reference was EPISODE 2!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997

PS:

PPS:
<sighs> Figures... I'm always the one to get left in the dust... even the NEW people get reviews before me...

Uguu~, hidoi yo, minna...
I'll take pity on you...

You have a diverse and rather amusing cast of characters here...I get the feeling they argue a lot...my only real WTF moment was the...haggis.

Speaking of reviews, I don't have any either. Just be patient and good things will happen.

And I'll probably have a new character or two for you lot to "chew on" later tonight or tomorrow.
Closed Thread