AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-24, 11:54   Link #1281
GDB

How can Gust not be in Rebirth2? She has a relatively important role in Lowee. Not that I'm complaining, since I don't care for her character. Same with 5pb. It'd be a shame to lose Nisa though, she's a power house.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 12:02   Link #1282
Nerroth
NePoi!

The presence of the Makers is largely dependent on the willingness (or otherwise) of the companies involved to permit their use.

From what I gather, RED is gone because her company was bought by a new set of Chinese owners, who promptly withdrew her character from consideration.

Gust hasn't been featured since her company was absorbed by Tecmo Koei, so she may be a lost cause too.

As for 5pb., she was in the recent anime, so maybe she isn't entirely off-limits? Unless IF/CH simply want to stick with MAGES. from here on in due to their own design preferences, or something.
Old 2013-09-24, 12:11   Link #1283
GDB

I guess if Mages is a magician, she could perform the same basic type of work that Gust does in Lowee. I'd be cool with Mages, since she seems to have heavy Steins;Gate influence.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 12:11   Link #1284
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

To be really honest, I wouldn't be able to guess it was actually Rebirth 1 if it wasn't mentioned.
The gameplay and visuals improvements are welcome, but I'm sort of skeptical regarding the plot changes that will be required to have the sisters in the lot.
I particularly liked how Neptune 1 had a good buddy trio feel with Neptune, If and Compa, so I have hard time to imagine that with Nepgear etc in the party.
Old 2013-09-24, 12:17   Link #1285
Nerroth
NePoi!

I suspect the real plan in motion is to use the Re; Birth series to essentially re-work the entire PS3 trilogy into a new, tidied-up continuity, which would then become the "default" timeline/s going into Neptunia 4 (or whatever the brand new console-based title will end up being).

So, rather than worrying about how Re; Birth 1 will relate to Mk2, one might instead expect it to flow more seamlessly into whatever they not have in mind for Re; Birth 2. (And once that is done, I would not be surprised to see a Re; Birth 3 adapting V to fit this new expanded storyline.)
Old 2013-09-24, 12:44   Link #1286
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

tbh I'm more upset about the loss of NISA than anything. Cave as well, if they really are just going with the V Makers only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
I suspect the real plan in motion is to use the Re; Birth series to essentially re-work the entire PS3 trilogy into a new, tidied-up continuity
Re;Birth1 still has the floating continents, so I think that's out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I particularly liked how Neptune 1 had a good buddy trio feel with Neptune, If and Compa, so I have hard time to imagine that with Nepgear etc in the party.
I'm also having this problem. I'd rather they just made the gameplay not-terrible and left the story alone...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 14:53   Link #1287
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The gameplay and visuals improvements are welcome, but I'm sort of skeptical regarding the plot changes that will be required to have the sisters in the lot.
From what it was understood, the candidates are playable but not part of the main story. Someone on 2ch said it was said at the event, I personally didn't hear it but I may have missed it.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 00:54   Link #1288
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Re; Birth 1 Opening:
Old 2013-09-27, 13:36   Link #1289
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Re; Birth 1 Opening:
Please release it on the west... Please release it on the west... Please release it on the west...
Old 2013-09-27, 16:25   Link #1290
FourZro

If we got all the other Neptunia games, there's a pretty good chance we'll get these....I hope.
FourZro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 18:17   Link #1291
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourZro View Post
If we got all the other Neptunia games, there's a pretty good chance we'll get these....I hope.
If they were PS3 games I wouldn't even question it but since these are Vita games I'm still afraid that we might not get them. Still with the PSN finally picking up steam quite a few publishers have been quick to do their western releases of more niche games digital only so at least there's that option.
Old 2013-09-28, 20:43   Link #1292
Gaim
Kamen Rider

NISA is being fairly decent to the Vita. The one concern I have is that they've already ignored IF/CH twice, and in one of these cases another company actually picked up the game (Sorcery Saga), but I imagine the Neptunia fanbase is likely strong enough to warrant them at least considering it. If they don't, then someone else might just do it instead.
Gaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 20:46   Link #1293
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
If they were PS3 games I wouldn't even question it but since these are Vita games I'm still afraid that we might not get them. Still with the PSN finally picking up steam quite a few publishers have been quick to do their western releases of more niche games digital only so at least there's that option.
NISA did pick up 2 series for the vita version..demon gaze and danganropa would be out early next year iirc..for hdn series..it usually takes 6 months for them to release their version..although when I was at AX this year..some1 asked if they will do idol..they just said no comment
Old 2013-09-28, 21:11   Link #1294
Gaim
Kamen Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
NISA did pick up 2 series for the vita version..demon gaze and danganropa would be out early next year iirc..for hdn series..it usually takes 6 months for them to release their version..although when I was at AX this year..some1 asked if they will do idol..they just said no comment
Given that Idol PP is a type of game that isn't big in the west, not to mention the sheer amount of voicework it would require (I don't listen to the Nep dubs, but as I understand it, the most recent game barely had any), it probably was a big turnoff for NISA - or any licensing company for that matter.
Gaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 21:31   Link #1295
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaim View Post
Given that Idol PP is a type of game that isn't big in the west, not to mention the sheer amount of voicework it would require (I don't listen to the Nep dubs, but as I understand it, the most recent game barely had any), it probably was a big turnoff for NISA - or any licensing company for that matter.
yea..although they do have jap audio which is good...but we'll see
Old 2013-09-29, 05:18   Link #1296
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
Yeah, completely forgot that they are bringing Danganronpa to the west. That was a surprise to me.

I just hope that with the new Vita and the fact that the console still hasn't been cracked it'll become a fertile ground for more localizations of japanese games. I personally don't care for dubs so releases with just text translated are fine by me
Old 2013-09-30, 22:43   Link #1297
cloud04
Scanlator

oh sweet it seems "Idea Factory International established in California"
from gematsu \o/
Old 2013-10-03, 11:12   Link #1298
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaim View Post
This kind of game isn't really meant to be dubbed anyway. The songs are meant to be kept as they are, and it wouldn't make much sense if the dialogue was dubbed over but not the songs.

For me, I'm content to have just the text translated so it shouldn't take much work. Then again, over at Capcom Gyakuten Kenji 2 looks like it'll never get translated...

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 11:36   Link #1299
cloud04
Scanlator

^ agreed better to just translate the text and stuff..leave the voice/song alone
Old 2013-10-04, 09:38   Link #1300
Nerroth
NePoi!

Another Re; Birth 1 clip:

Tags
ps vita, ps3, rpg