AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-03-19, 04:39   Link #1281
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

The only good things from this shitty arc is Goku recognizing Bardock. Something we not get yet.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-19, 07:56   Link #1282
GDB

I wouldn't call that a good thing, honestly. Bardock is a complete nobody who became popular with the fandom for his OVA, which then prompted Toriyama to completely gut his character by trying to make him be this amazing person who just happened to die saving his son.

I'm more impressed that Goku remembers Raditz, yet still won't resurrect him despite basically everyone he knows outside of Mr. Satan being stronger than him now. Not sure about Videl, but she could be by now.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-19, 08:28   Link #1283
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm more impressed that Goku remembers Raditz, yet still won't resurrect him despite basically everyone he knows outside of Mr. Satan being stronger than him now. Not sure about Videl, but she could be by now.
What reason would he have to resurrect Raditz? He was a complete asshole, and people don't change that easily. He was also the main reason he thought the Saiyans were all rotten. He's only learning now, some decades later, that his parents actually loved him and sent him to Earth so he would survive and not to destroy it.
Old 2022-03-19, 09:19   Link #1284
GDB

Technically he was probably the least hostile villain to him out of anyone but Pilaf ,Tien, and Fat Buu. He was definitely less of an asshole than Vegeta was. But like you said, he's now learned that his family cared (which is still an asinine development on both ends). He SHOULD try to resurrect Raditz at this point, but won't.

It'd be nice if he at least tried/wanted to and someone piped in saying his soul reincarnated decades ago.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-19, 09:49   Link #1285
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Technically he was probably the least hostile villain to him out of anyone but Pilaf ,Tien, and Fat Buu. He was definitely less of an asshole than Vegeta was. But like you said, he's now learned that his family cared (which is still an asinine development on both ends). He SHOULD try to resurrect Raditz at this point, but won't.

It'd be nice if he at least tried/wanted to and someone piped in saying his soul reincarnated decades ago.
firstly, lets admit, the Saiyan culture was recont with SUPER. the DBZ Radit dun deserve to be resurrected. Vegeta might as well resurrect Nappa out of guilt.
Goku didn't even rem to resurrect North Kai-o

Also DBZ rules is not everyone can be resurrect if the soul has already been recycled.
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-19, 20:08   Link #1286
AndrewR5D4

Makes me wonder why Vegeta never sought to revive the Saiyan race after bragging about how great it was. Even back in the day, he never even considered it. A wish on the Super Dragon Balls or maybe these new ones would do the trick.

That being said, the race was barbaric and violent. Bardock and his wife were explicitly stated to be outliers, and Goku took a blow to the head as a toddler, changing his ways.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-19, 22:02   Link #1287
Shadow5YA

Even without the concussion and amnesia, Goku was a baby when he was sent to Earth. It's normal not to remember what your biological parents look like at that age.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-20, 09:19   Link #1288
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Makes me wonder why Vegeta never sought to revive the Saiyan race after bragging about how great it was. Even back in the day, he never even considered it. A wish on the Super Dragon Balls or maybe these new ones would do the trick.
He admitted before he died against Frieza that he never actually gave a damn about Frieza killing the Saiyans, he was just frustrated Frieza used him and he couldn't do anything about it.

Way later in Super, he tells Beerus that he thinks the Saiyans got what was coming to them.
Old 2022-03-20, 13:12   Link #1289
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Even without the concussion and amnesia, Goku was a baby when he was sent to Earth. It's normal not to remember what your biological parents look like at that age.
that has since been recount...
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-21, 11:43   Link #1290
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Goku as a baby was shown to be very unruly and rowdy before getting hit on his head. Getting that concussion made him calm down. IIRC.

And yeah, I really don't think Raditz deserves to be resurrected. Too evil.
Old 2022-03-21, 12:28   Link #1291
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Goku as a baby was shown to be very unruly and rowdy before getting hit on his head. Getting that concussion made him calm down. IIRC.

And yeah, I really don't think Raditz deserves to be resurrected. Too evil.
I know, but that's beside the point.

I was saying he doesn't need a head injury to not remember what his biological parents were like. He was too young. That's normal.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-21, 18:22   Link #1292
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yes, that's true. Which is why him being to remember them is strange. Do they expect us to overlook that, I wonder?
Old 2022-03-21, 19:28   Link #1293
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Goku wasn't a baby when he was sent to Earth, that's Toei filler. He was three as seen in Minus and Broly (and in this chapter). It's old enough that he can remember bits and pieces. In fact, in the manga, Raditz was pretty shocked that Goku didn't remember him, so I guess Saiyans are supposed to have a really good memory.
Old 2022-03-21, 21:56   Link #1294
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Why Raditz is a no while Frieza gets a pass?
Old 2022-03-21, 23:03   Link #1295
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Because Frieza helped save the universe. It was his reward from Beerus.

Raditz never earned the favor of a deity, and nobody who knew him has any reason to resurrect a murderous prick.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-22, 05:07   Link #1296
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Goku wasn't a baby when he was sent to Earth, that's Toei filler. He was three as seen in Minus and Broly (and in this chapter). It's old enough that he can remember bits and pieces. In fact, in the manga, Raditz was pretty shocked that Goku didn't remember him, so I guess Saiyans are supposed to have a really good memory.
I thought him being 3 in Minus and the Broly movie was a retcon. Roshi said in the original manga that he hit his head as a young boy though, which can also mean "young but not exactly a baby" I guess.
Old 2022-03-22, 08:48   Link #1297
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
It's not like anyone is happy Frieza is back in-universe. And more importantly, Frieza is a very popular character.

There are several problems with Raditz:

- He's evil, so the good guys don't want to bring him back.
- He's weak as shit (barely stronger than a Saibaiman), so the bad guys have no reason to bring him back.
- He's the least liked out of Goku's Saiyan family.
Old 2022-03-22, 12:40   Link #1298
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'll give you the second and third points, but the first one is shared by Frieza. The main things about Frieza are that 1. he's popular, like you said, and 2. he helped saved the world, albeit reluctantly.
Old 2022-03-22, 15:14   Link #1299
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
It's too late I think, their souls are already reincarnated somewhere else.
Old 2022-03-29, 07:13   Link #1300
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ultra Ego in color by Toyotaro (back of volume 18's cover).

Images
Size
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Vegeta always looks so much better without his armor. I don't even know why he still wears it, I doubt Bulma improved it enough that it actually makes a difference against opponents of the current level.

Tags
donkan mc