AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-07-15, 15:09   Link #1301
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Meh was especting more, but then again e3 isn't the game event anymore. TGS and leipzich to lead the way. :O

edit: Valyra cronciles on the psp? I noticed that too did someone mess up or what?
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 15:16   Link #1302
Chase

Well i have to say overall that press conference was mediocre as well, basically MS press conference was mediocre, same with Sony's with Nintendo's being crap.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 15:21   Link #1303
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

at least sony and nintendo didnt do personal attacks in the conference.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 15:26   Link #1304
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
edit: Valyra cronciles on the psp? I noticed that too did someone mess up or what?
I think it's something similar to like Lair being playable on the PSP.
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 15:30   Link #1305
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
at least sony and nintendo didnt do personal attacks in the conference.
well they indirectly attacked MS throughout their press conference with their constant bragging of this and that about what the PS3 has hardware wise that the other console doesnt. They were clearly talking about the 360. Then power of the cell in relation to NONE gaming activity stuff as far as scientist or whatever using the cell. It was flat out annoying cuz sony makes these pointless statements practically every month. They did nothing but waste time with that part, ALOT of time on it. Bringin out devs to back up on it too. Now thats just a little too much.

They could have used all the time they wasted on that to show a KZ2 demo that is suppose to come out 6 months from now.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 15:40   Link #1306
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Does anyone know if they fixed the atrocious KZ2 AI?
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 15:41   Link #1307
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

lol....maybe they did ..
Killzone Liberation wasn't so bad for the PSP
Old 2008-07-15, 15:48   Link #1308
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
well they indirectly attacked MS throughout their press conference with their constant bragging of this and that about what the PS3 has hardware wise that the other console doesnt. They were clearly talking about the 360. Then power of the cell in relation to NONE gaming activity stuff as far as scientist or whatever using the cell. It was flat out annoying cuz sony makes these pointless statements practically every month. They did nothing but waste time with that part, ALOT of time on it. Bringin out devs to back up on it too. Now thats just a little too much.

They could have used all the time they wasted on that to show a KZ2 demo that is suppose to come out 6 months from now.
personally, this year conferences are let down as for all three of them. back to the focus to sony, i dont like them bragging about their hardware either, but the whole thing gives me a less offensive taste comparing to the microsoft one. im not for or against the three of them, but i really hate the whole "name calling" in the ms conference.

i want to see more "blow me away trailers", i guess we will see in TGS.
Old 2008-07-15, 15:56   Link #1309
Papaya
Sup

Well, MS let off some serious bombs, most of which we already knew about from net rumors I guess.
Old 2008-07-15, 16:07   Link #1310
King Lycan
*IT Support

Last year E3 was so much better then this year ..but
MAG was the only thing that surprised me
Old 2008-07-15, 16:09   Link #1311
Lebron
I hear voices

MAG sounds interesting, if they can pull it off. Also, kind of mad that they showed a lame short CGI trailer for GOWIII. I know they've been working on it since Fall of '06, so I was hoping for a bit more. Still, it's Kratos! I can't feel all that let down.

As for VC on PSP, I'm hearing that it was actually a mistake?
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 16:54   Link #1312
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
I'm against spreading the love. Just let one console have most important ones and let me buy that. It was so easy in the past. >_> Nes->Snes->psx->ps2.
Man, I feel the same.

I'm mainly an RPG gamer (with some action gaming on the side), and for me it was also simply NES, SNES, PSX, and PS2. Now? There's Tales of Vesperia for the 360, Valkyria Chronicles on the PS3, a game or two on the DS, and so on.

This a very competitive and interesting gen alright, but my wallet isn't happy at all.

As for Sony's day on E3? Well, God of War 3 is probably the only thing I really want. I'm not sure if I'll get into LBP, and there's barely any substantial info about MAG save for the main premise, not to mention I'm not much of a fan of war games either.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 21:39   Link #1313
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
back to the focus to sony, i dont like them bragging about their hardware either, but the whole thing gives me a less offensive taste comparing to the microsoft one.
Sony and Microsoft have chosen to focus on overall graphics and system power, so it's to be expected. They want to convince potential customers that their systems will offer prettier games and better gameplay. To a lesser extent they may want to convince developers of that, too, but getting a larger customer base will take care of the developers.

The bragging is also necessary because their hardware combinations are radically different. The Cell processor is relatively new, and outside of server and science applications nobody really knows about it. The public is still getting used to the idea that more gigahertz does not always equal better performance. Microsoft has gone with a tri-RISC processor combo for the 360, if I remember right, which basically means more hardware that people aren't very familiar with. If Microsoft or Sony is forced to admit that their hardware is not #1 then they have essentially lost this round of the console wars. Not bragging at every chance you get is tantamount to admitting defeat. And no, Microsoft didn't start it - the Cell processor was a major selling point of the Playstation 3. Simply by virtue of Sony's use of a new technology, Microsoft was put on the defensive and they had to begin to justify why their system - which was released before the PS3 - is not underpowered by comparison. It's business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Man, I feel the same.

I'm mainly an RPG gamer (with some action gaming on the side), and for me it was also simply NES, SNES, PSX, and PS2. Now? There's Tales of Vesperia for the 360, Valkyria Chronicles on the PS3, a game or two on the DS, and so on.

This a very competitive and interesting gen alright, but my wallet isn't happy at all.
I don't mind it when developers release titles on multiple systems, but I agree that fragmenting titles across systems is a bit of a pain. For example, Final Fantasy XII is on the PS2, but FFXII: Whatever Wings (a sequel/prequel?) is on the DS. In my opinion that'd be like releasing Final Fantasy X on the PS2 and then Final Fantasy X-2 on the Gameboy Advance. It seems like a weird decision.

Granted, my gaming days are largely over, so it doesn't bother me so much anymore. I couldn't imagine not playing every Final Fantasy that was released, but X-2 turned out to be the last one for me. I'd like a PS3, but it'd probably be underutilized. Oh well, perhaps I'll have a return to gaming whenever I have children and I find myself buying systems and games for them... but by then I'll probably be too busy with other things.
Old 2008-07-15, 22:28   Link #1314
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
I'm a bit disappointed for the lack GoW3 gameplay footage, but Infamous was an impressive game nonetheless (it's basically like Crackdown for 360, but more focus on superpowers, I like it).
It does give of that impression but with the articles and features that I've read on it and what I've seen it looks much more complex, it looks pretty good. The God Of War 3 footage was nice not much but atleast it's still out there to tease the fans about how long they'll have to wait for the release. All in all it was an alright showing for E3, it's not what it used to be but it's understandable. Tokyo Game Show will probably be where we'll see the prime games.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 23:06   Link #1315
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

mag sounds like meh to me
Old 2008-07-15, 23:16   Link #1316
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Another good news on the PS3 front. According to RPGFan, NIS is still primarily dedicated to the Sony line of systems. That means that while 360 has mistwalker, the PS3 at least still has NIS... for now at least.

And 2 titles in the works, eh? Hopefully its Ar Tonelico 2 and Argarest Senki, lol. One can only hope, right? XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 00:04   Link #1317
kujoe
from head to heel

I read a comment about how MAG shouldn't be another military shooter, and how it should instead be like an all out medieval war game... Think Braveheart.

I admit, that's a more appealing idea.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 00:57   Link #1318
King Lycan
*IT Support

The Video Service on PSN has some good anime on it.(ie Trinity Bloog Balisilk)
Old 2008-07-16, 01:11   Link #1319
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I read a comment about how MAG shouldn't be another military shooter, and how it should instead be like an all out medieval war game... Think Braveheart.

I admit, that's a more appealing idea.
It'd be cool, but really, it's quite difficult to have a deep and satisfying melee system, not to mention implementing it realistically =P
Old 2008-07-16, 05:48   Link #1320
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

MAG sounds nice in theory, but will they actually pull off a game with 256 players without lag? It sounds like it relies on teamwork, which is somewhat "meh" considering the mass of kids around.
Mirror's Edge, while at first unimpressed, is something i'm now really looking forward to. The pure white city under the blue sky looks so cool, it reminds of summer.
inFamous reminds me of Knights of the old Republic, only with a permanend Force Lightning and a real-time combat system. Though i fear it will suffer from the same disease like most sandbox-style games: The lack of high dense atmosphere.
God of War 3 will kick some asses, too bad no in-game footage was shown.

Where's my Kingdom Hearts 3 announcement? Squeenix, don't let me down. ;(
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony