AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-09-28, 04:51   Link #1301
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD143 View Post
Tatsuya doesn't want to hurt Honoka because he knows she has attached to him, he tries in volume 5 to make it clear he could not love her but it didn't work. How do you sink a ship that is programmed into someones genes?
Give Tatsuya the ability to love a woman? Or rather he should just go with Erika.

Anyway valentine day is comming(In Mahoukaverse) or rather the events of it takes place before valentine's day. I wonder if Erika would make some giri choco? It would be awesome if we get to see the Chiba siblings spying on Erika making some choco and dragging Mizuki, Miki and Leo to test it. Then the faithful day comes and they get attack; Erika's choco gets ruined then Tatsuya saw how depress Erika is and used regrowth on it(smoothly); Erika gives it too him while blushing hard.Miyuki sees them then send electrifying glares; Erika ended up feigning ignorance. The three of them gathers with the rest of their friends. Vol. Ends

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 14:40   Link #1302
CrFl

Do we have any knowledge about the fate of that Relic thing?
CrFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 22:26   Link #1303
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRD143 View Post
Tatsuya doesn't want to hurt Honoka because he knows she has attached to him, he tries in volume 5 to make it clear he could not love her but it didn't work. How do you sink a ship that is programmed into someones genes?
Honoka's genes are actually quite suited for the concept of a Yotsuba Guardian... that's an excellent way to program loyalty and attachment, between Yotsuba Guardians and their full Yotsuba masters.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 01:43   Link #1304
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrFl View Post
Do we have any knowledge about the fate of that Relic thing?
Haven't heard a thing but considered it's Satroll it will come back later for sure

................ perhaps?
Old 2015-09-29, 21:51   Link #1305
solhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Honoka's genes are actually quite suited for the concept of a Yotsuba Guardian... that's an excellent way to program loyalty and attachment, between Yotsuba Guardians and their full Yotsuba masters.
I don't think so because the attachment is usually for their loves one not for their master; there is no guarantee that they will fall in love with their master. It would be disastrous if they fall in love with another man/woman and neglecting their duty. Except if Yotsuba is able to change or re-program the attachment genes or their mind to fall in love only with their master.
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 23:46   Link #1306
amtro
Distro

Actually the Elements attachment has little to do with love, it is simple devotion. Honoka wants to be of use to Tatsuya and to be used by him above all else, then comes lust, love and so forth.
It is perfect for the Yotsuba guardians, but I doubt they'd accept Tatsuya into the family simply to produce more guardians and Honoka does not want to compromise. If she is to have a chance with Tatsuya she can only take the mistress route. Shizuku realized this. Honoka is being selfish and stubborn, she has sealed her own fate.
Old 2015-09-30, 03:04   Link #1307
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Actually the Elements attachment has little to do with love, it is simple devotion. Honoka wants to be of use to Tatsuya and to be used by him above all else, then comes lust, love and so forth.
It is perfect for the Yotsuba guardians, but I doubt they'd accept Tatsuya into the family simply to produce more guardians and Honoka does not want to compromise. If she is to have a chance with Tatsuya she can only take the mistress route. Shizuku realized this. Honoka is being selfish and stubborn, she has sealed her own fate.
And the fate of her descendants, if she goes down the mistress route for that matter. Essentially, you have an entire bloodline with Elements attachment - and if you can induce the Devotion attachment on a reliable basis, you further ensure the loyalty and dedication of your Guardians.

And I do think Miyuki is cold blooded enough to take advantage of Honoka's devotion to Tatsuya (and hence, indirectly to Miyuki... etc), to use her genetic material for either new Series of Yotsuba Guardians or to adjust pre-existing lines for Element level dedication (Presuming the Yotsubas haven't done that to their Series at this point). I wouldn't be surprised if Miyuki made that kind of calculation in response to Honoka's feelings.

Becoming Tatsuya's mistress and servant means serving the Head of the Yotsuba Clan, indirectly through Tatsuya's total loyalty to Miyuki. This could end with Honoka becoming Tatsuya's Guardian.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 09:56   Link #1308
amtro
Distro

There is no point in making such alterations. The Yotsuba ensure the loyalty of their servants through other means. Besides the Elements attachment isn't completely stable. Yes they become devoted to a single being, but can you with certainty assure that the person one becomes attached to is the one that is meant to be protected?
Going from Honoka and Tatsuya's interactions, you can't. Honoka became interested in him after witnessing his magic, by the time of vol 5 this had turned into infatuation. Exactly when it happened and what triggered it is hard to tell. We know that Honoka didn't see him that way throughout the enrollment arc, then that only leaves the 9SC arc. In the 9SC arc she gradually gained more respect for Tatsuya after witnessing his achievements and first hand experiencing being brought to the top by him. Could admiration be the trigger?
Old 2015-09-30, 18:50   Link #1309
MRD143

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
And the fate of her descendants, if she goes down the mistress route for that matter. Essentially, you have an entire bloodline with Elements attachment - and if you can induce the Devotion attachment on a reliable basis, you further ensure the loyalty and dedication of your Guardians.

And I do think Miyuki is cold blooded enough to take advantage of Honoka's devotion to Tatsuya (and hence, indirectly to Miyuki... etc), to use her genetic material for either new Series of Yotsuba Guardians or to adjust pre-existing lines for Element level dedication (Presuming the Yotsubas haven't done that to their Series at this point). I wouldn't be surprised if Miyuki made that kind of calculation in response to Honoka's feelings.

Becoming Tatsuya's mistress and servant means serving the Head of the Yotsuba Clan, indirectly through Tatsuya's total loyalty to Miyuki. This could end with Honoka becoming Tatsuya's Guardian.
Miyuki and Maya are both cold blooded enough to implement your plan but as was stated by amtro how do you guarantee the attachment is to the one you want. If you start fiddling with an Elements genetic code you could really screw everything up.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 19:26   Link #1310
cabman11

I heard that the only reason his mother treats him like a tool is because he never showed any love to her and that she was jealous that all his attention went to his little sister. And that the fact that he never treated her as a mother but treat her as simply the woman who gave birth to him
Is this true?
Old 2015-10-03, 21:27   Link #1311
amtro
Distro

No, but the fact that Maya basically stole Tatsuya from Miya is the reason why the two don't get along any more. Maya also wanted Miya to give her Tatsuya, which is why Miya kept him from Maya. Miya also tried to distance herself from Tatsuya emotionally for the same reason they raised Miyuki to treat him coldly, because that way they would not lash out against him with Cocytus and Gate in anger.

Last edited by amtro; 2015-10-03 at 22:56.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 05:47   Link #1312
Hk1117

someone just put a photo of volume 18's cover (allegedly) on the Facebook group. Can anyone here confirm?

EDIT: here!

Is real!
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 05:59   Link #1313
amtro
Distro

Masaki on the cover? It's garbage. Lets hope Miyuki shuts him down swiftly.
Old 2015-10-09, 06:01   Link #1314
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Masaki on the cover? It's garbage. Lets hope Miyuki shuts him down swiftly.
who knows, she just might.

Or maybe Satroll will pull another one on us.
Old 2015-10-09, 06:10   Link #1315
Zeborg

Judging by the cover, Masaki will get rejected again, not that you need to see the cover to figure that much out.
As speculated, looks like this arc will finalize all of the romance aspects concerning the main pairing, one way or another.

But I'm still waiting to read up on some of the reactions that we missed in the last volume. I don't mind Masaki being on the cover but I hope that won't be the main focus of the volume, or at least to not take a lot of time. I was also hoping to read about some Maya/Tatsuya double team action.
Zeborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 06:15   Link #1316
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeborg View Post
Judging by the cover, Masaki will get rejected again, not that you need to see the cover to figure that much out.
As speculated, looks like this arc will finalize all of the romance aspects concerning the main pairing, one way or another.

But I'm still waiting to read up on some of the reactions that we missed in the last volume. I don't mind Masaki being on the cover but I hope that won't be the main focus of the volume, or at least to not take a lot of time. I was also hoping to read about some Maya/Tatsuya double team action.
Maya/Tatsuya double team explosionfest is way too big for a second act. If we are to see any of that, I bet Satou will only put it into the third chapter of the arc.
Old 2015-10-09, 06:21   Link #1317
Zeborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
Maya/Tatsuya double team explosionfest is way too big for a second act. If we are to see any of that, I bet Satou will only put it into the third chapter of the arc.
Did the 10MC deal with the entire attack? I thought the previous volume ended with Tatsuya and the other 10MC members from 1st high on the way to the scene. So I was hoping there was some room there.
Zeborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 06:22   Link #1318
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
someone just put a photo of volume 18's cover (allegedly) on the Facebook group. Can anyone here confirm?

EDIT: here!

Is real!
It looks fake.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-09, 06:29   Link #1319
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
It looks fake.
on the dengeki website? Really?
Old 2015-10-09, 07:26   Link #1320