AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Old 2014-07-20, 03:02   Link #1301
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
what will happen when he goes to Cruhteo with the revelation?
Nothing. He's Terran scum so no one would believe him unless he took the princess with him.
Old 2014-07-20, 03:05   Link #1302
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Nothing. He's Terran scum so no one would believe him unless he took the princess with him.
I see this as a possibility. I also wouldn't be surprised the other conspirators wave her off as an imposter.
Old 2014-07-20, 03:35   Link #1303
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- She's got smaller hands, if you noticed. Young girl, slightly smaller hands than a boy her age.

EDIT: I'm arguing about the animation, not the make of the gun. I repeat: You could be right and they're not the same gun, and may not even be the same type. But the animation quality--while not horrible--makes it less than 100% certain. And dammit, you made me have to explain the cabbage instance:

Both are the same cabbage. It's just that one is better animated than the other.
Their hands seem pretty identical in episode 1. He's a slender young boy, you see.

What does this nonsense have to do with Aldnoah.Zero? Animation isn't the same of art either. Just a tip.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 03:40   Link #1304
Esclair

Quote:

If that's what she thinks, they have to make it clear. Without providing any explanation, her actions don't make any sense. I can only hope there's a good reason for all this. We'll see.
She's in a warzone, she needs to somehow contact someone higher up to stop the war. There's a gigantic mech that's attacking the people she's near her and she's caught in the crossfire. Her only options at this point is to run around transformed hoping a Martian sees her (the fact that she doesn't might tie into the story later) or go along with Inako's plan to try to take down the Mars mech and maybe use its communication system to contact Mars. I guess she can always sit tight and wait it out but that doesn't seem like something she'd choose based on what we've seen of her personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I have to disagree. Asseylem loves her home and seems to take her position pretty seriously. She cares for her knights as we can see with Cruhteo (he's one of them too). And even if her people disobeyed orders, she would still be responsible for them. They are still Martians and still her people. Even if they committed treason, she would have to bring them to justice by her people's rule, she would never just discard the lot of them without finding out the truth of what happened. And even then, she would probably still have them tried by Martian courts.
I went back and rewatched her scenes in episode 1-3. She literally only speaks one sentence to the Count, which is just his name when he comes and gets her after her lesson with Slain. When she's departing and after saying goodbye to Slain she doesn't even speak to the count. When she's with her maid in the elevator, she talks about how they shouldn't be racist towards the people of Earth (she doesn't use the term Terrans) because they are all from the same place, and talks about how her wish is to bring peace between Mars and Earth. In fact, the only time she's not acting like a proper royal princess/diplomat is when she's talking about Earth with Slaine. Then in episode 3 when they ask for volunteers she replies that she feels this is her trial in this time of crisis. If anything, all the scenes we're shown of her seem to indicate that she's placing peace with Earth on a higher regard than her own people. There hasn't been any scenes of her showing her affection for anything related to Vers but a lot of scenes indicating her favor towards Earth.

The fact that she's in a war zone and Earthlings are getting massacred kind of limits her ability to do things the 'proper' way.

Quote:
As for the Emperor, you assume that a man who somehow pretty single-handedly formed an entire empire with this much firepower and strength enough to take down the entire forces of the Earth, in only about 3 decades, to be weak? I wouldn't underestimate Ray Regalia.
And is it that hard to consider that the "order" that the knights defied, was an order in name only? That it really actually meant nothing? That the Emperor didn't know that all 37 of them would stay? That it wasn't all for image?

I mean these knights obviously still live in a cushy lifestyle, they still have their positions and places of honor and nobility, despite defying an order for fifteen years, is kind of telling. No one has taken them to task, not even the altruistic princess who actually traveled with one of those knights for 3 months in getting to Earth. And not once was it even mentioned.
His Knights were the ones who fought, and got stuck around the moon. If he lost influence since he came to power he could very well no longer have the power to reign them in. Ie, once he consolidated his power he gave them out to his Knights, and now he might have lost control of them. It happened all the time in history.

Quote:
I'm thinking that that order was just to look good during the ceasefire, and to give the Empire plausible deniability if anything actually went down. But in reality, the Emperor either wanted them there, or agreed with their explanation, and so overlooked their "insubordination".
He wouldn't allow his daughter to go to Earth on a peace mission if he planned to have his Knights attack Earth anyways.

Last edited by Esclair; 2014-07-20 at 03:52.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 03:41   Link #1305
hai_san

That was a nice ep. Finally some fight that isn't decided by who has a better shining weapon of death or pilot "seed" abilities but brain/intelligence. Also very convenient for a hole in the absolute defence, good thing it has a Achilles heel.

So what will Slaine do now? Report to the higher ups or defect to earth/princess?
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 04:09   Link #1306
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post

So what will Slaine do now? Report to the higher ups or defect to earth/princess?
Slaine would probably be a bit paranoid as to whom to trust. Remember Trillham was Cruteo's subordinate.

He'll have to find out who is who in the conspiracy. For all he knows all the Knights are traitors.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 04:14   Link #1307
kato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Magbaredge (who, aside from the Martians, is winning the award for weirdest name )
I actually think that name might be a fucked-up bastardization of Indo-European and Sanskrit. Magbaredge could remotely be transcribed in a mix of both as "She who will bear Magic" (Mag-bare-(d)-ge), with Darzana straight up being the sanskrit word for "world view"/"viewpoint"/"philosophy"/"intellect". Although at least the possible transcription for Magbaredge is probably entirely coincidental

Rayet Areash's name btw interestingly combines a common Iranian first name (a male one) in somewhat altered transcription with the last name of French Astronomer Georges Rayet, who specialized in spectroscopy, i.e. studying the interaction of energy rays and matter (... the Light of Aldnoah, anyone?). Then again i hope people know at least that one.

Not gonna comment on Asseylum in this regard. Or what as probably the closest Sanskrit combo "asi-lehin" could be translated to...
kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 04:51   Link #1308
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
What does this nonsense have to do with Aldnoah.Zero? Animation isn't the same of art either. Just a tip.
- Never mind. You're always right and I'm always wrong. All hail king Thess the perfect. We're done here.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 05:06   Link #1309
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I noticed that too. The princess could be lying but I think it's unlikely. After all, if Slaine really did have a barrier in the carrier, he would have used it.
She could be telling the truth and still be wrong, politicians typically wouldn't know the exact specs of all their military weapons, so what she does know about the general purpose units is probably fairly high level overview of what the standard configuration is.

Also, since I think it's unlikely that Slaine's been flying around all this time, it's more than possible he returned to base (for refuelling?) and they reconfigured some of the equipment on his ship. While removing a defensive barrier would seem stupid (assuming it was optional equipment), it could make sense if it hampered the operation distance, after all from what I can tell, the area is basically considered subdued and secure now, not an active combat zone.
Old 2014-07-20, 06:00   Link #1310
yanzzy5

Hmmm I watched enough political bull from game of thrones alone so please let the princess speak and let all martians listen :P. anyway, inaho was quite fortunaate that his opponent was a prideful and twit ...or was he just bad with time pressure anyway, else his strategy wouldn't have gone smoothly
yanzzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 06:05   Link #1311
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Very good Episode. To lure the mecha to the sea and use sea water to seek out a weak point. Very good.

It's worrying though. That barrier had literally been sucking up sea water for a good ten seconds or longer, but it doesn't show any signs of weaknesses at all. You would think that it would run out of power at least after consuming such huge amounts of matter in such a short time - what the hell's powering that thing?

Also, I think Slaine would not tell Cruhteo about the incident but try to investigate by himself. There are a few reasons:

1) Cruhteo might not trust him. Actually, if Slaine showed more spine and stand up to his own beliefs I think that Cruhteo will respect and tolerate him, but as he is now yes, Cruhteo will not trust him on any matter unless ordered by a higher power.

2) He killed a Martian. Worse, that Martian is his only proof (other than the Princess herself) that the Princess is alive. If he tells Cruhteo now without her presence he will be killed immediately on grounds that Slaine had lured the guy out and kill him for revenge.

3) Cruhteo doesn't know for sure himself that she is the real Princess. He's about 99% sure, but until he talks to the Princess there's no point in telling anyone the truth.

Also, are we going to see a nuke next Episode?
Old 2014-07-20, 07:28   Link #1312
renuac

^ There's also the possibility that Slaine (and Asseylum, if Slaine goes to meet up with her) won't trust Crutheo. Trillram was after all a long-time guest of Crutheo's and was sent to Shinawara on his orders, making Crutheo the most obvious suspect as one of Trillram's co-conspirators.

In fact, if Asseylum learns that the assassination attempt was orchastrated by Martian knights that would be a very compelling reason for her to stay on Earth until they are able to sort out which knights were in on the plot and which knights she can still trust.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 07:37   Link #1313
ookamigirl

Kinda dropped this, but then decided to give it another try.
Chaos everywhere..
Nao seemed to be the only one with a cool head.
He was clearly serious about helping.
The situation seems rather one sided, in favor of Martians.
All the humans could do was think and test possible attack methods.
Taking out the camera was a smart move.
The princess finally played her part as a good distraction.
Destroying the purple mecha felt satisfying.
That Nao feels like a machine sometimes.
Great episode! Picking this up!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 07:58   Link #1314
yanzzy5

^Well truth be told where hiroyuki sawano plays epicness always follow
yanzzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 08:06   Link #1315
Dextro
He Without a Title

Ok, I want that soundtrack BAD! I already knew we were in for a treat given Sawano Hiroyuki being behind it but I wasn't 100% sure on being a keeper like the Guilty Crown one. Turns out it is. Those wore some seriously good tracks on the 3rd episode. I had to pump up the volume to enjoy them.

When are the cds out? Anyone knows?
Old 2014-07-20, 08:11   Link #1316
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

You know, Princess Asse (can I call her that?) seems quite badass, even with the magical-girl like transformation. Though, anyone else prefer how she looks in disguise over he actual appearance?

And yes, the music in this episode is awesome, especially the insert song they played.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 08:16   Link #1317
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post

I went back and rewatched her scenes in episode 1-3. She literally only speaks one sentence to the Count, which is just his name when he comes and gets her after her lesson with Slain. When she's departing and after saying goodbye to Slain she doesn't even speak to the count. When she's with her maid in the elevator, she talks about how they shouldn't be racist towards the people of Earth (she doesn't use the term Terrans) because they are all from the same place, and talks about how her wish is to bring peace between Mars and Earth. In fact, the only time she's not acting like a proper royal princess/diplomat is when she's talking about Earth with Slaine. Then in episode 3 when they ask for volunteers she replies that she feels this is her trial in this time of crisis. If anything, all the scenes we're shown of her seem to indicate that she's placing peace with Earth on a higher regard than her own people. There hasn't been any scenes of her showing her affection for anything related to Vers but a lot of scenes indicating her favor towards Earth.

The fact that she's in a war zone and Earthlings are getting massacred kind of limits her ability to do things the 'proper' way.
Actually, she talked with Cruhteo two times on screen, granted both times were to tell her to go somewhere, but that's just on screen. She's been his special guest for 3 months, and he's stated that he's been trying to talk her out of going the whole trip, so there were definitely other conversations. And in none of those conversations was she antagonistic towards him like she would be if she didn't like or care for him. There's a way to sound that way and still act like a royal, but she didn't do that.

Also, remember, she talked to Slaine about her home and she said she was only gone from it for few months and she already missed it terribly. She's not Ariel or anything, a princess yearning for more in another land. By all accounts that we've seen she loves her world.

She held Trillram's behavior as well as the war as her responsibility which was why she gave that ultra-proper speech to tell them she wanted to go and help, that's the only reason. Not because she has this sudden want to be an Earthling or something. So far, she appears to take her responsibility as princess seriously, and that means doing what's best for her people, even if that means she must work with the Earthlings for a bit to do it.

Quote:
His Knights were the ones who fought, and got stuck around the moon. If he lost influence since he came to power he could very well no longer have the power to reign them in. Ie, once he consolidated his power he gave them out to his Knights, and now he might have lost control of them. It happened all the time in history.
Actually, later revealed information says that the knights never actually fought in the war of Heavens Fall, and never landed on Earth. Also, their castles were never stuck around the moon either. As we can see from Cruhteo, one of those 37 knights, he went all the way to Mars on his castle to pick up the Princess and then came back. Since Earth probably doesn't supply them, it has to be Mars that does. That also speaks to the fact that the "order" was as relevant as telling people "no jaywalking".

Quote:
He wouldn't allow his daughter to go to Earth on a peace mission if he planned to have his Knights attack Earth anyways.
He obviously wasn't going to have the knights attack when she was there. And also, who says he has them there to attack anyway? He could have them there just to keep an eye on the Earth.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 08:39   Link #1318
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

If Slaine didn't allow his fear to completely cloud his mind, he should realize at least that Cruhteo doesn't seem like a man who will do something like this. In fact, Cruhteo has been the person who most consistently tries to stop the Princess from landing on Earth.

But yeah. It's really hard for him to put trust in anyone, given Slaine's position.
Old 2014-07-20, 08:44   Link #1319
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

A trivial thing, but at least they don't use Bullpup design for the rifle...

Or is it? With that look, the cartridge could be horizontally loaded directly above the stock.

Just hope that they use gas piston instead of gas tube. A gun that big would be a hell to clean.

CQC... Not surprisingly, is useless with that shape - unless they have bayonet under the barrel.

It surprise me that they haven't used (or haven't shown) country using their ICBM and ABM defence. Guess that convention weapon suck when the world has mech.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 10:17   Link #1320
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

OK....OST of this show confirmed to be its strongest point

Sawano and Kalafina will fill whatever shortcomings the show itself has

Tags
mecha, sci-fi