AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-11-24, 04:18   Link #1301
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor View Post
GameraBaenre your work is amazing, are there any tutorials or beginner sites to make this? what kind of materials are needed? are they expensive? (sorry, I'm cheap ) I'm not very interested in anime figurines per se, but I just want to make some sculptures of my own creations to help me draw them, since I'm not very talented and I need the help to get dimensions and different perspectives right of the things that I have in my head, and I've tried with clay only to have terrible results.
GameraBaenre used to share a torrent (not sure if he does have it up now) on putting together and painting figures and models. I don't think that it is what you're looking for, though. The closest that I had seen is a book by Kotobukiya.

It's titled "フィギュアの達人-初級編 For Beginners" or "How to make Figure" as a smaller title. ISBN of 9784775306628. It describes the process through which a figure of a girl in a swimsuit was made using wire (for the inner skeleton), modeling clay and other tools.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 09:27   Link #1302
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
By the way i want ask something.Is Amiami also sell figure character from shonen Manga?
Old 2008-11-25, 11:06   Link #1303
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius View Post
By the way i want ask something.Is Amiami also sell figure character from shonen Manga?
Yes, they sell any figure that can be bought from stores.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 17:43   Link #1304
Strahan

Question for the figure aficionados.. how does cold affect them? I know they aren't very fond of heat, my poor Mutsumi figure has some discoloration on her legs and I'm thinking it's due to heat because she was sitting too close to my old monitor that put out a bit.

I just got a new office at work. Not too big, but it's private and has a window that's like 80" wide, 78" tall and has a 14" sill. I was thinking that sill would be an ideal place to house my figures, but the air is a little chillier on the sill (maybe 60ish). I'm hoping it won't cause problems, but I figured if there was anywhere to ask this would be a likely place to start
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 22:55   Link #1305
Saki_chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Some better images of the new Haruhi figure.

http://www.amiami.com/shop?vgForm=Pr...te=review.html
Wow, that's awesome. I love how they did the skirt; that's so cool looking. Still, I'd rather have one of the Revoltech figures. IMO, poseable figures > still figures every time.
Saki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 06:10   Link #1306
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Question for the figure aficionados.. how does cold affect them? I know they aren't very fond of heat, my poor Mutsumi figure has some discoloration on her legs and I'm thinking it's due to heat because she was sitting too close to my old monitor that put out a bit.

I just got a new office at work. Not too big, but it's private and has a window that's like 80" wide, 78" tall and has a 14" sill. I was thinking that sill would be an ideal place to house my figures, but the air is a little chillier on the sill (maybe 60ish). I'm hoping it won't cause problems, but I figured if there was anywhere to ask this would be a likely place to start
I think cold doesn't affect figures much, you should have no problems.

Though small figures, gashapons still bend under their own weight, especially those standing on one leg.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 06:30   Link #1307
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post

Ok, I'm no figure aficionado, but I have a colleague who is. His office desk is filled with figurines. The cold doesn't do anything much - BUT cold usually means aircon/fan/fridge right? The cold-hot cycle causes the figurines to expand and contract rapidly, therefore, the paint may peel if it's not of best quality. The water droplets caused by condensation may also wear some of coloring off, especially if in winter.

Guess what I bought for the colleague for his Xmas present last year? A dry cabinet, usually for camera stuff, but... he invested close to a million yen on his figures (that's about 16 000 SGD) so I guess my contribution is relatively small, huh?
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 10:39   Link #1308
Strahan

Cool. Thanks for the advice.

However, it turns out my figures won't live there anyway. My boss saw them and said "uhh considering this is a mayoral agency maybe stuff like that shouldn't be displayed right at the window?" lol So I ended up clearing the top of my bookshelf and moving them there. C'est la vie!
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 22:42   Link #1309
Echoes

Some people like to collect stamps, some people like to collect anime figurines. What's the problem, and how is one any more sad than the other?

Do keep in mind that to the people who think anime is a silly hobby for anyone over 15, you're one sad guy. Don't be so quick to judge.
Old 2008-12-02, 23:45   Link #1310
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
i just think its abit sad thats all.
Ah, well... if this thread makes you so sad, then perhaps you should just take your narrow minded opinion and go away.

Do you really think coming to a topic about enjoying a hobby, then telling the people who enjoy that hobby they are sad because of it, that you are going to have any credibility?
Old 2008-12-03, 00:55   Link #1311
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
aint ignorance, i just think its abit sad thats all. Watching anime's about as far as i would go...things like collecting figures or cosplay and such..are just to far

sorry for not been a super cool collector like you and all, i just dont roll with style like you obviously....maybe when am 50 i will, or not
The problem here Isn't your close-minded opinion, but rather the fact you're bringing it up in a clearly figure driven discussion thread. I'de say that's borderline trolling if I didn't know any better.

In far worse news, I had to cancel my Hayate PVC by Alter because Japan currency is practically penny pinching me for all I have, and 50$ shipping is ridiculous. 150 for a single figure is more than I can afford atm...

She was a beauty too.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-03, 02:04   Link #1312
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
The problem here Isn't your close-minded opinion, but rather the fact you're bringing it up in a clearly figure driven discussion thread. I'de say that's borderline trolling if I didn't know any better.

In far worse news, I had to cancel my Hayate PVC by Alter because Japan currency is practically penny pinching me for all I have, and 50$ shipping is ridiculous. 150 for a single figure is more than I can afford atm...

She was a beauty too.
Spoiler:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...73&mode=retail

110?

http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info...Figure+-+Alter

100?

Your profile doesn't say where you live though...

I would have to agree with you, that's a very nicely done figure.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 02:13   Link #1313
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Ordered from Hobbysearch. Shipping is 50$ - I just added the cost of figure and shipping cost together.

I could have grabbed it off Toyslogic for cheaper, but I wanted the figure asap and didn't expect Japan's currency to explode all of a sudden...
Old 2008-12-03, 02:17   Link #1314
problemedchild
ô_ô

I know, but I posted those sites so you can avoid the 50 dollar shipping fees =P

Well, that's assuming you live in the U.S. Sucks that the U.S. based sites get their items so much later though.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 03:06   Link #1315
Saki_chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
She was a beauty too.
Spoiler:
Wow, that is cool. Costs a lot more than I could ever afford, though. And what's that book connected to? I can't really tell from the picture.
Saki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 18:30   Link #1316
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Ug...tell me about it -_-. I looked at the shipping invoice and wanted to cry. However it is a very, very nice figure. Definitely happy with this purchase. Comes with both a normal and unison head . The black wings are semi-transparent as well as the field generators (yellow gems) on her cuffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saki_chan View Post
Wow, that is cool. Costs a lot more than I could ever afford, though. And what's that book connected to? I can't really tell from the picture.
Yup, there's a piece on the cuff that attaches to the Tome to hold it and make it seem like it's floating. The same for Rein except it also comes with an optional wing without the peg should you not want to display Rein behind Hayate.
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 17:33   Link #1317
rainbow_star

Yea, the box of that Hayate is HUGE! It's gonna cost a lot on shipping. =(

btw, since the Yen is so high and the price of figure are going up every month, I didn't buy any figure this month yet!!! XD
I was gonna get the black bunny Haruhi
http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=714
But it's so pricey, US$100 + shipping is no joke. =(
rainbow_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 00:56   Link #1318
Julius Firefocht

Here's a preview of Volks' upcoming Sonic Form Fate. Fans of Feito-chan will be very pleased.

More pictures and commentary at this link: http://nk-ds.org/2008/12/im-in-despair/#more-1856
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 15:44   Link #1319
DeDaydreamer
Nerd of a thousand ideas

Does anyone know if there are any Mushishi figurines? I have done a little (half- ***ed) searching myself but i have yet to find any.

D3
DeDaydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 00:30   Link #1320
rainbow_star

There was one. But it's not really a figure, it's a doll
http://www.hlj.com/product/MEDRAH-297
rainbow_star is offline   Reply With Quote