Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-06, 21:55   Link #1301
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
Just saw 16 and the anime feels really stale, not enough has actually happened and its beginning to drag, I'm beginning to think that the series would perhaps be better of it was only 13 episodes.

Obviously you weren't subjected to Yamato Nadesico Shichi Henge .... 3 episodes of plot and 21 episodes of three recycled gags.

This hasn't moved any more slowly than its "sister" type shows (Bokura ga Ita, Honey & Clover, Nana, etc)... actually faster in some ways.

I am discovering if I'm a fan of *any* category, it would tend to be 'josei' since they provide this sort of story progression and often consider the more interesting "after the confession" phase of relationships.
Old 2007-08-06, 23:04   Link #1302
Jobrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Obviously you weren't subjected to Yamato Nadesico Shichi Henge .... 3 episodes of plot and 21 episodes of three recycled gags.

This hasn't moved any more slowly than its "sister" type shows (Bokura ga Ita, Honey & Clover, Nana, etc)... actually faster in some ways.

I am discovering if I'm a fan of *any* category, it would tend to be 'josei' since they provide this sort of story progression and often consider the more interesting "after the confession" phase of relationships.
I quite agree. I'd really love it if the "official kiss" or what have you comes soon, because I'd love to see them dealing with the aftermath and how their actual relationship goes, Because I think there's plenty of room for drama, humor, and warmth there, too.

Also, I'm more and more amused by Nobu and Nakao every episode, I might like an episode that focuses on them just because!
Jobrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 00:21   Link #1303
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Many thanks to the kisssub team for another great epi

Spoiler for for thoughts on epi 17:
Old 2007-08-07, 01:16   Link #1304
mdauben

Thanks for another great sub, KissSubs! I really enjoyed this episode.

Spoiler:
I was looking more at the new OP again today, and see there are at least two characters in there that I don't think we have seen in the story yet:

Now that the creators have already played the "jealousy card" with Maity, I wonder what part these two are going to play in the story?
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 03:22   Link #1305
rogueshadowx
Power of the King

I was a little disappointed with the new episode, though only because I read the manga version beforehand.

Spoiler for manga version:

Honestly it should have been in the ending of episode 16, but I was thinking that maybe it would be brought along to this week's sub. I don't know why it wasn't added, but I'm fairly bummed out by it. Oh well, at least they're making great progress on the anime series. Though I don't believe it would've killed them to add it. *slight fuming*
rogueshadowx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 03:27   Link #1306
grey_moon

Personally I normally treat manga and anime as 2 separate stories, it avoids disappointment and I get to enjoy it twice. Well that is apart from Love Hina and Negima (the first one), boy did I spit ground up teeth watching them.
Old 2007-08-07, 08:16   Link #1307
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Personally I normally treat manga and anime as 2 separate stories, it avoids disappointment and I get to enjoy it twice. Well that is apart from Love Hina and Negima (the first one), boy did I spit ground up teeth watching them.
Hehe! That's why I normally try to watch anime before I read the associaed manga. That way, I was actually able to enjoy both Love Hina and Mahou Sensei Negima! as anime, before I realized just how badly they were both butchered.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 08:51   Link #1308
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Hehe! That's why I normally try to watch anime before I read the associaed manga. That way, I was actually able to enjoy both Love Hina and Mahou Sensei Negima! as anime, before I realized just how badly they were both butchered.
/Agree

<3 Love Hina
ReAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 09:12   Link #1309
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Please oh please let Otani drop the bomb on Risa's birthday i would freak out. Otani said a line that i really respect him for now and he was being sincere "I know you have given up on me, but please dont i guess im just no good without Koizumi." great line however our heroine fell asleep in the middle oh well these two are perfect for one another. Also, it great to see Risa bring out a little femininity but not sacrifice her usual fun and energetic self
Old 2007-08-07, 09:40   Link #1310
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Ultimately the real question is:

Spoiler:

Manga readers might be able to enlighten us.

But episode 18.....awesome.
Old 2007-08-07, 09:45   Link #1311
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Oh. Watched 17 subbed last night and:

The thing that cracked me and my wife up last night was:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-07, 10:21   Link #1312
grey_moon

@aliensporebomb - That scene was very very funny

Now a reason why Otani might take longer is because he is so short and has a lack of oxygen that far down... no wait... lack of oxygen is when you are too high up isn't it
Old 2007-08-07, 10:32   Link #1313
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post

Spoiler:

Honestly, I just think he's scared of change.

Quote:
Oh. Watched 17 subbed last night and:

The thing that cracked me and my wife up last night was:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for 17:

I dunno about otani, but id be happy if a cute girl pushed me down and 'claimed' me. *grin* MOAR POWER TO THE EGO.
Old 2007-08-07, 10:42   Link #1314
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAn View Post
I dunno about otani, but id be happy if a cute girl pushed me down and 'claimed' me. *grin* MOAR POWER TO THE EGO.
Even if she has glowing demon eyes?
Old 2007-08-07, 10:45   Link #1315
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Quote:
Well, glowing demon eyes nobu, yes.

Anyone else couldn't pull off the psycho moe quite the same.
Old 2007-08-07, 11:17   Link #1316
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

Spoiler:

I agree that Otani is affraid of change plus the complex about his height. I actually commend for not jumping into a relationship with Risa just to spare her feelings in the end that would hurt her more. It hard to be friends with someone for so long then all of a sudden starting thinking of them in a romantic fashion. But im hoping his eyes have finally opened to what a wonderful girl Risa is. I love her personality if only only i could find a girl like Risa complete her sense of humore and height id love that, its nice to dream
Old 2007-08-07, 11:20   Link #1317
grey_moon

Well I think Otani has been doing everything but spare her feelings
Old 2007-08-07, 11:21   Link #1318
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
even better

RAWR!! demon eyes Nobu!!!
Old 2007-08-07, 11:22   Link #1319
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually, Nobu is an incarnation of the Old Gods.... worship her or be destroyed in your insolence

Having a really good friendship turn into a romance can be quite scary as it puts the entire relationship into another level of risk (although it shouldn't -- most people seem to make it that way). So I empathize with Otani to that extent. He's still a blockhead though when it comes to sensing his social environment since even his male buddies think so.

Here I was thinking I'd about run out of manga I cared to read -- but volume 1 of L*C was pretty good. Hopefully this will turn out to be another of the very few stories where I enjoyed both the manga and the anime adaptation.
Old 2007-08-07, 11:38   Link #1320
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Well I think Otani has been doing everything but spare her feelings
Id rather him not date her than go out with her on a whim if didnt like her. Dont get me wrong He was a moron multiple upon multiple times and hurt her in the process

Tags
comedy, romance