Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-06-20, 04:03   Link #13261
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Okay, game. I get the message. I will not send Tamamo Cat to the 40AP Talisman quest anymore.

Two run throughs so far. Both times, every attack while she was still alive was either a charge up or a crit to her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovelReader View Post
She dies half the time for me on 40 AP talisman/100 talisman quests
Cats die when they are killed!?

Moments like this is why George solve so many Berserkers problems specially when facing casters

Also thanks a lot to all the Jacks with 3 heroes CE!
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 04:09   Link #13262
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McW View Post
Cats die when they are killed!?

Moments like this is why George solve so many Berserkers problems specially when facing casters

Also thanks a lot to all the Jacks with 3 heroes CE!
That reminds me. How well does your Vlad work on the 40AP Talisman quest? I've been tempted to use him when there's not a Jack/3 Heroes available.
Old 2016-06-20, 04:39   Link #13263
larethian

Bring assassins for talisman stage. Jack especially since she gets bonus against Nightingale
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 05:12   Link #13264
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

I can one shot that stage with a Hundred face hassan, Shiki and an Assassin support, doesn't matter which Assassin it is.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2016-06-20 at 06:04.
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 05:15   Link #13265
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I can one shot that stage with a Hundred face hassan, Shiki and an Assassin support, doesn't matter which Assassin it is.
Well yeah, I'm just unleashing Scathach and Jeanne Alter as always.
Old 2016-06-20, 05:18   Link #13266
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
That reminds me. How well does your Vlad work on the 40AP Talisman quest? I've been tempted to use him when there's not a Jack/3 Heroes available.
I'm not using him on 40 AP (actually I hardly use any of my 5*), but on theory he does well on wave 1 and 2 one hit kills everything on one hit 15-20K with his busters with 5* Shirou CE, clearing each wave in 2-3 turns but doesn't do that well on the last wave since Battle Continuity doesn't work well with dragons. An actual assassin works better, Jack is the best followed by Shiki or Camilla before using a support Vlad.
Old 2016-06-20, 06:12   Link #13267
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McW View Post
I'm not using him on 40 AP (actually I hardly use any of my 5*), but on theory he does well on wave 1 and 2 one hit kills everything on one hit 15-20K with his busters with 5* Shirou CE, clearing each wave in 2-3 turns but doesn't do that well on the last wave since Battle Continuity doesn't work well with dragons. An actual assassin works better, Jack is the best followed by Shiki or Camilla before using a support Vlad.
Heh, that's what I figured. Unfortunately, most of the Assassin in that quest is going to have to be Support. The only Assassins I have are Mata Hari, Stheno, and Mr. Savior of France. The two 1*s just don't have the HP to last, and Stheno (who I have been using) does a fair job until the last round vs all the Riders, but once there she's pretty much just there for her NP's Def debuff. Each time she has more or less gotten one-shotted by Nightingale shortly after using her NP.

Both times I've been successful, it's because I was able to pull off Jack's NP multiple times. Cu Proto actually works somewhat well for me there, because of his multi-use evade and the fact that he does pretty decent damage. Too bad his NP is basically a wet fart if it's not overcharged or directed at an Archer, though...

Maybe I'll bring in Medusa to buy me a round with her stun. Does that work on the dragon? She should do decent damage against Nightingale, as well, at least while she's alive...
Old 2016-06-20, 07:07   Link #13268
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
Heh, that's what I figured. Unfortunately, most of the Assassin in that quest is going to have to be Support. The only Assassins I have are Mata Hari, Stheno, and Mr. Savior of France. The two 1*s just don't have the HP to last, and Stheno (who I have been using) does a fair job until the last round vs all the Riders, but once there she's pretty much just there for her NP's Def debuff. Each time she has more or less gotten one-shotted by Nightingale shortly after using her NP.

Both times I've been successful, it's because I was able to pull off Jack's NP multiple times. Cu Proto actually works somewhat well for me there, because of his multi-use evade and the fact that he does pretty decent damage. Too bad his NP is basically a wet fart if it's not overcharged or directed at an Archer, though...

Maybe I'll bring in Medusa to buy me a round with her stun. Does that work on the dragon? She should do decent damage against Nightingale, as well, at least while she's alive...
I see why you're going through. But keep in mind is not always good to blast through the first 2 waves, in short don't use busters and take your time to fill Jack's NP and Saviour's NP, if you have time try to use friend points to roll and train George to lv. 35 and use his first skill wisely in wave 1 and 2 to keep the assassins full health. Second always use Jack's dodge before NP and master buff her, with that she can one shot Nightingale, the rest is the dragon can be take down if you have all assassin without worrying about losing one or two guys. In fact with nightingale out of the picture the dragon can't kill any assassin with more than 5-6K HP in full 4 turns, enough time to take it down.
Old 2016-06-20, 08:39   Link #13269
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicili View Post
And....when are we going to get a free servant...or are we going to get a free servant this time?
It's... possible (since there are five quests that unlock after maintenance this week with unknown rewards, but I kind of expect them to be CEs since those Artoria Lancer Alter and Nightingale CEs were datamined), but I wouldn't expect a free Servant until the Summer Swimsuit event. At which point, I expect Lancer Kiyohime to be given out.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 12:23   Link #13270
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's... possible (since there are five quests that unlock after maintenance this week with unknown rewards, but I kind of expect them to be CEs since those Artoria Lancer Alter and Nightingale CEs were datamined), but I wouldn't expect a free Servant until the Summer Swimsuit event. At which point, I expect Lancer Kiyohime to be given out.
Bonus points if event Lancer Kiyohime is 4*
Old 2016-06-20, 13:35   Link #13271
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Nightingale pretty much a beast during that fight, especially when she landed crit.

Today battle against her, with my party only have 1 Assassin to rely to go through those dragons, situation getting worse because I almost got no Arts card to fill NP from the first (dragons) until the third battle (Nightingale), pretty much force me to use CS. Never imagined I'll going through this kind of battle today ...
Old 2016-06-20, 14:31   Link #13272
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Nightingale pretty much a beast during that fight, especially when she landed crit.

Today battle against her, with my party only have 1 Assassin to rely to go through those dragons, situation getting worse because I almost got no Arts card to fill NP from the first (dragons) until the third battle (Nightingale), pretty much force me to use CS. Never imagined I'll going through this kind of battle today ...
Definitely find yourself a Jack Support, ideally one with the 3 Heroes CE. I took McW's advice and popped her dodge ability right before unleashing her NP. It boosts her Quick cards, so with that and her extra bonus against women, she one-shotted Nightingale quite handily on the first turn of the last round. Was even able to tie it into a Quick Brave combo, so that added in another several grand in damage from her Extra to the dragon, which I ended up wiping out a few rounds later with another use of her NP.

My team in that battle (PLvl 52):
Stheno (34) w/ Ryuudou CE
Atalanta (34) w/ Max Limit Tenacity CE
Support Jack (90) w/ 3 Heroes CE
Cu Proto (30) w/ 3 Heroes CE
Kojiro (32) w/ Imaginary Number CE
Mash (40) w/ 3 Heroes CE

Atalanta lasted much longer than Tamamo Cat (40), well into the second round before the last Gray Dragon charged twice and hit her with his NP (or whatever they call the charge attack for non-Servants). Jack wiped Nightingale on the first turn of the last round, and Stheno dropped her NP (debuffing the dragon's Def) right before it took her out, though Jack didn't really need the advantage when she took it out a couple rounds later with a second use of her NP. Decently levelled Assassins do have a decent advantage vs the dragon, as its AoEs charge up their NPs quite well.

Ended up pulling 55 Talismans, which I need, because I tried the 300 Talisman battle while I was half-asleep this morning and misread from the Cirnopedia the version of Artoria Alter (Lancer, not Saber) I was facing. News flash: she does really well against a team of mostly Archers. Kojiro (the only non-Archer, non-Shielder who I fielded, who was only in there because of space constraints) did more damage (close to 30k) against her than all the others combined.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2016-06-21 at 20:35.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 14:34   Link #13273
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Loli The Ripper's bonus vs women is a blessing in a game that is a waifufest. I use either support Jack or Shiki when I run talisman farming with Kerry and Douji. I think I gonna farm those until the special quests are unlocked.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 15:26   Link #13274
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Loli The Ripper's bonus vs women is a blessing in a game that is a waifufest. I use either support Jack or Shiki when I run talisman farming with Kerry and Douji. I think I gonna farm those until the special quests are unlocked.
If FGO had PvP, Jack would be a menace
Old 2016-06-20, 16:23   Link #13275
Tenzen12

I am just using two Shutens and Weaver. It allows me speed up through waves and yet build their NP and than kill Nightingale and dragon on theit first turn
Old 2016-06-20, 20:27   Link #13276
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Am curious. If I kill all the enemies, but die of a DoT on the last turn, does it count as a win? Last Talisman quest, thanks to bad RNG and a couple poor decisions, I was down to just Jack vs the dragon. I was just barely able to kill it, but took a DoT (from its previous NP) on the last turn to bring me down to 55 HP.
Old 2016-06-20, 22:39   Link #13277
Cicili

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
When did you become so optimistic? I'll be backing you up all the way though.

But i kinda want them to hold on to the swimsuit event a bit till i get more quartz and tickets. I can only manage 40 rolls atm.

And i'm not sure paying real money on FGO this time is an option since i want to spend money on Shadowverse at this moment in time.
Cicili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-20, 23:22   Link #13278
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I have to say, Artemis' in game art is very awful, but at least some of her art can be sorta cool

twitter twitter

Spoiler for Also, some art for a Helen figure:

Quote:
Am curious. If I kill all the enemies, but die of a DoT on the last turn, does it count as a win? Last Talisman quest, thanks to bad RNG and a couple poor decisions, I was down to just Jack vs the dragon. I was just barely able to kill it, but took a DoT (from its previous NP) on the last turn to bring me down to 55 HP.
I believe it still counts as a victory? Hard to say, given I don't think I was ever wiped out right after defeating the boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicili View Post
And i'm not sure paying real money on FGO this time is an option since i want to spend money on Shadowverse at this moment in time.
Is the game or beta out on iOS now? I needed to re-register again, but I don't know if it's out yet or what.
Old 2016-06-21, 01:08   Link #13279
NovelReader

Saving up talismans just in case the new quests requires them.
NovelReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-21, 01:18   Link #13280
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I have to say, Artemis' in game art is very awful, but at least some of her art can be sorta cool
Doesn't Artemis mean "she whose breasts defy gravity"?

Points for anyone who gets that reference, but seriously, they do.

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon