AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-06-22, 09:05   Link #13341
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Coin (or whatever that is supposed to be)
Dragon balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
Both new CEs are so damn useless.
At least the Lancer Alter one is free, unlike the Nightingale one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McW View Post
I wonder why everyone keep saying that that CE is bad, I didn't play that event and don't have it but that CE is good for a cannon fodder zeker to clear wave one and two without exposing your key servanst for the last wave.
Because 1k guts and 1hp guts are so similar to anything that is likely to kill you that it's not really any better than Star of Artoria. And the latter has a built in debuff resistance to at least give you SOMETHING before you die. 1hp guts is also thematically better for Anne & Mary.

Only thing 1k guts helps against is if you're cursed/burned.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 09:11   Link #13342
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

So we're farming dragonballs now? ...Okay.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 09:14   Link #13343
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

it's no dragonball, it was balls of dragon.

forget it, i must have a rest first before doing this event again (didn't get a sleep for almost 24 hours is painful)

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 10:45   Link #13344
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
It would be interesting if the new quests will gave us Wukong MC similar to what appeared at Go West and Three Heroes CE.
^This. Make this the Arts outfit...considering Xuanzang's Arts attack is using Wukong's staff.
Btw, got Xuanzang to Lv80.

So...they expanded the event for even more farming, how lovely....now if only they'd give us more days to actually farm it all

And the new CEs...just because the art is good doesn't mean they earned their 5* value...4* would've been better.
Old 2016-06-22, 12:18   Link #13345
Rasen

The new CE....

Curse you Merlin, you deprived the world of something beautiful.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 12:59   Link #13346
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
The new CE....

Curse you Merlin, you deprived the world of something beautiful.
Artoria's twin peaks of dreams and hope?
Old 2016-06-22, 13:36   Link #13347
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Artoria's twin peaks of dreams and hope?
Everyone knows funbags are filled with the hopes and dreams of man!
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 13:46   Link #13348
larethian

The buster buff CE is actually not all that useless. It can be used for shenanigan setups. Lasting 3 turns makes it easier. Multiple copies; level 1 bronzes; solo-killing 1 wave single boss; ...

The Nightingale CE is the meh one; I'm not a fan of death strat setups and if I do any of such, I would work on increasing my chances of killing the boss rather than scum-saving. Maybe it's useful as an unpredictable last ditch effort for scum-saving in future raids who knows.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 16:48   Link #13349
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Seeing that its situational at best or needs to be built around with well enough does not endear itself to most players.
Old 2016-06-22, 17:23   Link #13350
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
The Nightingale CE is the meh one; I'm not a fan of death strat setups and if I do any of such, I would work on increasing my chances of killing the boss rather than scum-saving. Maybe it's useful as an unpredictable last ditch effort for scum-saving in future raids who knows.
Part of my strategy for Ibaraki was basically:

Turn 1: Master Stun -> Enuma Elish
Turn 2: Use support Waver's NP, hope for stun, either way NP drain
Turn 3: ???
Turn 4: Chevalier d'Eon taunt + dodge
Turn 5: Chevalier d'Eon survives a barrage (pending obscene damage, else save-scum)
Turn 6: Chevalier d'Eon eats Ibaraki's NP

Now, I was using a non-broken Kirei CE since I only had cost for a 4-star CE and not a 5-star, else I'd have used Empietà. For later difficult battles like this, where a similar set up allows for a 5-star CE (either through different back row Servants used or higher Master level), this would provide an alternative if survival is more imperative than unleashing damage.

Both these new CEs are still extremely niche and situational at best, atrocious at worst.
Old 2016-06-22, 19:00   Link #13351
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Both these new CEs are still extremely niche and situational at best, atrocious at worst.
Still, the effects could be a little better, since they're 5* CEs and said effects only last 3 turns.
Old 2016-06-22, 19:10   Link #13352
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Still, the effects could be a little better, since they're 5* CEs and said effects only last 3 turns.
I might also add 3 turns effect no better than a LB red black keys CE, even Lb is not better than 4* ilya cause the 3 turn effect. I mean at what kind of idiot bring full buster team to fully use that CE?
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 19:21   Link #13353
GDB

It's for the whole field, not just them. So clearly it's better than those for those three turns.
Old 2016-06-22, 20:00   Link #13354
McW
Canaan II When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's for the whole field, not just them. So clearly it's better than those for those three turns.
The problem is still there, unless it's a 3 zeker trio or a buster trio a couple of turns effect will go wasted, not to mention the only servants with bonus and 2 busters crads are Karna, Lalter and Mordred. Not only is bad and situational CE but also unfit for the late event bonus servants.

Now Waver's or Jeanne's personal CE are 4* and clearly way better.

P.S. For currency I feel the assassin one (110 balls) with souleater is the easiest if you bring a drop bonus team.
McW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 21:10   Link #13355
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by McW View Post
Now Waver's or Jeanne's personal CE are 4* and clearly way better.
They also take considerable effort to obtain, as well as require very specific 5-star Servants. Can also only be used on them.
Old 2016-06-22, 22:29   Link #13356
Klard
The cilvilain

I will just collect new CEs for collection purpose (damn beautiful art)
Old 2016-06-22, 23:42   Link #13357
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

100 Dragon Ball quest isn't too bad even for a ~lvl40 team. If you can get to the last round with an intact, juiced up Support Iskander, it's a cakewalk from there. Can anyone list who are in the later ones? Or at least who the final bosses are, to aid in picking a Support. McW said the 110 one was the best to farm currency in, which I should be able to do pretty well, as I have all three Gorgon Sisters, at least as long as one of them (hopefully not Euryale) works well as a front liner.
Old 2016-06-23, 00:18   Link #13358
Rizare

For 110 dragon balls quest, wave 1 is a saber and 2 assassins, wave 2 is 1 high HP assassin and wave 3 is Jing Ke and 2 lancers. And from videos I've seen, from lowest to highest difficulty, bosses are Edison, Jing Ke, Astolfo, Herakles, Sca and Sanzou.

This guy has done all quests so you could check his videos to see what all waves consist off and the HP to take down. To see what video corresponds to which quest, you can compare the average lvl of the quest with the video title. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJM...BQ8AwTg/videos
Rizare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-23, 00:31   Link #13359
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizare View Post
For 110 dragon balls quest, wave 1 is a saber and 2 assassins, wave 2 is 1 high HP assassin and wave 3 is Jing Ke and 2 lancers. And from videos I've seen, from lowest to highest difficulty, bosses are Edison, Jing Ke, Astolfo, Herakles, Sca and Sanzou.

This guy has done all quests so you could check his videos to see what all waves consist off and the HP to take down. To see what video corresponds to which quest, you can compare the average lvl of the quest with the video title. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJM...BQ8AwTg/videos
Thanks. To be honest, I'm not expecting to have much of a chance past, say, 110 or 120, even with a ringer Support, but you never know. RNG is a funny thing...
Old 2016-06-23, 03:35   Link #13360
Kakurin
大佐

So the change to Jack was simply about reducing her size?

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon