AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-11, 12:06   Link #1321
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
The lifespan of this manga is definitely not infinite, as the time moves rather rapidly in the story. 93 chapters and already 5 years have passed or so. Bleach has 400 chapters and mb 1 year passed Oo
Old 2010-07-11, 13:50   Link #1322
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
The lifespan of this manga is definitely not infinite, as the time moves rather rapidly in the story. 93 chapters and already 5 years have passed or so. Bleach has 400 chapters and mb 1 year passed Oo
& One Piece is on 591 chapters, and not even a year has passed.
Old 2010-07-11, 14:49   Link #1323
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& One Piece is on 591 chapters, and not even a year has passed.
I heard that it's going to reach one year soon. Either there will be a time skipp or There will be a Birthday for Luffy. I think most manga's should also focus on time also. Make it a tiny more realistic. Like Bakuman, at least it's realistic with time.

Oh and at that Bleach one, it hasn't even been close to 1 year yet, he's still what 17? I think Bleach is nearing it's end anyway.

But back to Bakuman, I wonder if they'll bring in new competition, like another "prodigy" that would really spice things up. Especially as time goes on the demands can change. And the past few chapters no one we know has been Rank 1. I wonder who it is, and will we get to see them.
Old 2010-07-11, 18:10   Link #1324
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
it's still jump so it's the big3 or they have their own big 3, which would be written be veteren mangaka, else, they'd be well-known young, aspiring newcomers, which would be hyped and already picked up on. and Ohba dun do no plotholes
Old 2010-07-16, 08:36   Link #1325
james0246

So let the Iwase x Eiji rumours start!

Spoiler for spoilers for 94...:
Old 2010-07-16, 09:20   Link #1326
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So let the Iwase x Eiji rumours start!

Spoiler for spoilers for 94...:
Spoiler for 94:
Old 2010-07-16, 10:02   Link #1327
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for 94:
Spoiler for mashiro's education / 94:
Old 2010-07-16, 10:28   Link #1328
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Very good chapter. Makes meh wonder what Eiiji's going to do next.
Old 2010-07-16, 13:49   Link #1329
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Hiramaru's editor is pure evil
Old 2010-07-16, 14:33   Link #1330
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Spoiler for 94:
Spoiler for Chapter 94:
Old 2010-07-16, 14:38   Link #1331
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Hiramaru's editor is pure evil
Very much agreed
Old 2010-07-16, 14:41   Link #1332
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Spoiler for mashiro's education / 94:
Not to mention, from what I've heard about the Japanese education system, the only thing he'd be learning at school would be on how to be a salary man.
Old 2010-07-16, 16:35   Link #1333
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Not to mention, from what I've heard about the Japanese education system, the only thing he'd be learning at school would be on how to be a salary man.
Wasn't he studying design?
Old 2010-07-16, 16:57   Link #1334
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Spoiler for 94:
Oh yes! I've been thinking Iwase and Eiji would eventually get together and it's finally happening. It was bound to happen! If Iwase likes people with talent, she would eventually come to realize that Eiji is more than just talented. The trouble is, how to get Eiji's sex drive romantic feelings activated outside of the world of the manga he creates?

Shizuka may have something new in the works now, but whatever he comes up with, I don't know if it'll rank against works of genius like +Natural and PCP. His work also reminds me somewhat of the style for Money and Intelligence, so I get the sense that perhaps Shizuka's work represents what Ashirogi-sensei's work with Money and Intelligence would have been had that series been serialized. Minus the cabaret escapades of course.

And I agree with it was a good idea for Mashiro to qui university. As we can see, most mangakas (in this series at least) don't have a university degree. And Eiji certainly doesn't have one and won't get one, considering the amount of time he must be spending on two series at the same time (and doing really well with them too on top of that). Mashiro's an incredible manga artist, so for what he wants to do, university might actually do him more harm than good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
I think that's his assistant, but idk if Mashiro's doing the same thing.
Old 2010-07-16, 16:59   Link #1335
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
I think he was. Don't quite remember.
Old 2010-07-16, 17:31   Link #1336
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for 94:
Old 2010-07-16, 19:47   Link #1337
Falkor

it feels so strange that they are finally addressing issues that I think are very important in any manga, especially when it comes to the artwork. I don't think a story is what really matters, but how you are able to tell it; character designs, composition/paneling and balance of dark and lights (which is the issue of last chapter) are something that, at least for me, decide most of the times whether or not I should read or watch something. Bakuman has been really great dealing with this side of the story...

however, I didn't really like the romantic aspect of some chapters ago. I believe that for Miho, working as voice actress is one of her aspirations, perhaps, just as important as her promise. I couldn't agree with her friends's actions of not wanting her to audition for a character that just so happened to be from their rival's work. I have to say that it's a bit unfair for her, given that it's work and also an opportunity to further her career.
Old 2010-07-16, 20:20   Link #1338
ElricKeyblade

Just read chapter 94, and I gotta say:

Spoiler for Chapter 94:
Old 2010-07-16, 20:47   Link #1339
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
it feels so strange that they are finally addressing issues that I think are very important in any manga, especially when it comes to the artwork. I don't think a story is what really matters, but how you are able to tell it; character designs, composition/paneling and balance of dark and lights (which is the issue of last chapter) are something that, at least for me, decide most of the times whether or not I should read or watch something. Bakuman has been really great dealing with this side of the story...

however, I didn't really like the romantic aspect of some chapters ago. I believe that for Miho, working as voice actress is one of her aspirations, perhaps, just as important as her promise. I couldn't agree with her friends's actions of not wanting her to audition for a character that just so happened to be from their rival's work. I have to say that it's a bit unfair for her, given that it's work and also an opportunity to further her career.
So you'd let your significant other work with the enemy? There's a thing called manipulation you know. Plus her working on their anime would be on his mind, and he could get sidetracked. But what if the anime is continuous, and after a while they get an anime, she wouldn't be able to audition or whatever because she's already working on a series....
Old 2010-07-16, 20:53   Link #1340
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I couldn't agree with her friends's actions of not wanting her to audition for a character that just so happened to be from their rival's work. I have to say that it's a bit unfair for her, given that it's work and also an opportunity to further her career.
If she's the voice of one long running JUMP anime, would she be able to be the voice of another long running JUMP anime?

Even if she could, it'd be weird.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen