Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-05-21, 06:36   Link #1321
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Suletta lived on Mercury.
It's a lot harsher than Earth.

I think Shaddiq recruiting Suletta and lending her the Lfrith Ur is a possibility.
Because I can see him doing just that to mess with Miorine.

Depending on how much DoF told him, Shaddiq can also make Guel's patricide public or forge evidence that ties him to the DoF.

Investors will hate that kind of disastrous PR.
They will not back Miorine. Rending her and Prospera's plan useless.

//
If you're going to say Guel's patricide is bad PR, pretty sure it would be same for Shaddiq if his relationship with DOF becomes public. If he didn't order the attack on Plant Quetta, many deaths could be avoided. And the same with during the open campus. I wonder which PR would be more disastrous. Patricide or working with terrorist causing mass murders.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-21, 07:39   Link #1322
Marina2

Yeah.....Sulletta totally won't interpret their 'good intention' in the wrong way.

Now....

....Will she simply become depress and do nothing?
....Will she aggressively try to get the attention of her mother and her sister back on her?
....Will she end up joining a third faction organization and find a new goal?
....Will she end up joining a [Bad]organization?
....Will she try to turn herself into evil AI to control everything then cause Death & Destruction everywhere to screw with her mother and Moraine's dream in act of revenge?

Can't wait to find out.

Last edited by Marina2; 2023-05-21 at 07:55.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-21, 07:49   Link #1323
azarhal

Episode 18 is so many things at the same time.
- new setting lore. Peil being managed by an AI is just .
- Guel and Miorine playing at being adults and failing. Prospera is carrying that election campaign hard.
- Shaddiq's comments to Guel and Miorine. He can't stand Moirine isn't into him, but he doesn't see Guel as actual opposition. And despite leading the presidential race, he's so going to do something stupid next episode to "get" Moirine.
- Shaddiq seems to be arming Earth as well. The show might end with a Space/Earth war starting.
- Prospera giving Gundam tech to everyone. Everyone!!! She wants Gundams, lots of Gundams.
- the camera panning to Suletta remaining item on her list: celebrate a birthday party with friends....
- Suletta/Eri...

I think people don't really grasp the impact of Suletta/Eri(s) conversation. Eri was merged with the Lfrith AI at her death 17 years ago and became Aerial. Aerial split into 12 sub-parts and one of them was uploaded into a newborn matching Eri's bio-data (Suletta). A newborn that wasn't fully part of the collective consciousness of Aerial, only linked enough to expend Aerial consciousness by "living" and piloting her. Suletta was a flesh-bit.

Now she's nothing...nothing with memories that are from her self, original Eri, prologue Lfrith and Aerial freshly re-uploaded or unlocked. Once she's done "absorbing" all the info that was just info dumped at her, we are probably going to get a different Suletta. And she knows about Quiet Zero and the prologue...

Mommy also gave Suletta an advice that Suletta herself new was false since Suletta was complaining at Aerial that her heart wasn't whole at the school because Miorine wasn't there. Mom's advice: go back to the school, you will be able to fill your empty heart there.

She's so gaining a new mech body thought. And look, Mommy had Jertuk build one and it's almost finished and Lauda wants to help his brother because like Suletta he feels useless. I expect Lauda to hire Suletta to pilot Schwarzette next episode...and Suletta is going to uploaded herself to it and split into 5 children (the girl in black in the ED has 5 gun-bits).

Also, Suletta was hit by a permet score 8 datastorm there going by Aerial's glow.

I also expect her reunion with Miorine to have Miorine tell her she doesn't want her involved with Gundams and Suletta answering I'm a Gundam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor324 View Post
One of y'all might know more than me on this, there's another lfrith suit. It looks like Aerial but the face is missing. Could this be Eri fully activated and weaponizing quiet zero? I feel like we're about to get another IBO ending, where someone gets their end goal but dies before it's realized. Prospera is gonna get her vengeance but have to die most likely by Suletta's hand because quiet zero would end it all. But that's just a feeling....
Which suit are you talking about?

The one Guel/Miorine are looking at, that's Schwarzette, Vim's secret project (aka the "business deal" Lauda was talking about to Prospera in the incubation party episode in season 1...so technically, it's Prospera's secret project she had another company build for her).

The one in the flashback/data storm during Eri/Suletta conversation. That's the prologue Lfrith that was turned into Aerial. The scenes shown there are from 17 years ago on Mercury.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-21, 08:11   Link #1324
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
If you're going to say Guel's patricide is bad PR, pretty sure it would be same for Shaddiq if his relationship with DOF becomes public. If he didn't order the attack on Plant Quetta, many deaths could be avoided. And the same with during the open campus. I wonder which PR would be more disastrous. Patricide or working with terrorist causing mass murders.
both of this can happen at the same time. Funnily enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post

I think people don't really grasp the impact of Suletta/Eri(s) conversation. Eri was merged with the Lfrith AI at her death 17 years ago and became Aerial. Aerial split into 12 sub-parts and one of them was uploaded into a newborn matching Eri's bio-data (Suletta). A newborn that wasn't fully part of the collective consciousness of Aerial, only linked enough to expend Aerial consciousness by "living" and piloting her. Suletta was a flesh-bit.
That's a very good observation. I guess Suletta operating gundbits on her own outside of MS cockpit is theoretically possible

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2023-05-21 at 08:27.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-21, 08:31   Link #1325
Frontier

Suletta is back to focusing on her studies and crossing off her list, but it's obvious she's trying to avoid thinking about losing Miorine and Aerial even as she maintains her cheerful façade like nothing is wrong .

Winning the Presidency and securing finance isn't coming easy to Guel and Miorine, even if they're looking absolutely fabulous in their business attire, and Prospera is the voice in their head out for her own ends. Oh, and there's also Gundam Schwarzette that was being built on the sly, though I'm curious what they're going to end up using it for .

Shaddiq is also gunning for the presidency and the GUND-Arm tech and making deals with Peil. I'm not really sure how invested I am in the Presidency plot aside from wanting Delling, Shaddiq, and the Peil Hags to face some comeuppance, and how this is going to interconnect with Quiet Zero, but Miorine is definitely feeling the pressure .

Lauda is still a dick to Suletta but he's a dick that knows when to be grateful, like to Chuchu. Although now he's also regarded as a failed successor with Guel back in charge, so I guess that's karma in it's own way .

Poor gang abandoning Martin to help Suletta and leaving him alone and with his guilt over turning in Nika (though not even Nika would blame him, to be honest). What's Secelia going to do with this information though? She's pretty disconnected from the main plot .

I guess it always has to go back to Earth at some point. I get where Miorine is coming from even though I don't think dealing with protestors, and possibly the Dawn of Fold, with some Mobile Suit presence will end well. Will this set the stage for Quiet Zero ?

Kenanji is joining up with them...I mean, is Prospera oblivious to the fact that the man involved in this mission helped kill her husband? It feels like something that has to come up at some point .

Dang, the Space Assembly League have caught Belmaria! Will they be able to suss everything out of her? Is the SAL going to arrest everybody ?

Nika finally finds out the truth about the Elan's and what Peil has been doing (complete with OG!Elan coming back for a bit). Is she going to end up telling the authorities this and bringing down Shaddiq and Peil? Maybe that could give her a lighter sentence ?

Poor, poor Suletta...instead of meeting Miorine, she gets to see Aerial again, but rather than a joyful reunion she instead gets faced with the truth...about Eri, about how she and the Bits are basically clones of Eri, and how they don't need her anymore. And she finally gets to feel the true curse of the Gundams when Eri doesn't protect her from the higher Permet Score any more. Even Prospera pushes her away, though she does show some concern for her (though I still feel like it's just an extension of her love for Eri). it seems like they think like Miorine that separating themselves from Suletta and leaving her at school will be for the best even though hse's in such obvious agony .
Old 2023-05-21, 08:48   Link #1326
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

At first I thought I was wrong and Prospera does care about Suletta, but it seems all she's doing is grant Eri's wish. Eri is the one who wishes for Suletta to live a happy life far removed from their mother's revenge plot, and is the one who decided to tell her the truth and cut her loose. Now that Prospera doesn't need Suletta anymore, she let her do it. She did leave her with some nice parting words, at least.

Now that it's confirmed Aerial is fully autonomous, I have no clue how Suletta is going to pilot it again. Will something happen to Eri? Or is there an even higher permet score they can unlock together that will be needed later down the road?

Miorine is completely in over her head. I will never get tired of Prospera trolling her.
Old 2023-05-21, 10:00   Link #1327
kuroyanagi

The whole extended convo with Eri/Aerial in the end is very odd because unlike what was implicated before, Eri seems to have the upper hand over Prospera (see Prospera asking Eri if it was really okay to cut Suletta loose). It's really weird seeing Prospera basically teaming up with Eri to stage an intervention for Suletta

I'm not really sure what to make of it, but my working hypothesis is that maybe after Eri reached Permet score 8, she was able to talk it out with Prospera somehow and they've agreed on Prospera taking Suletta's place in whatever plan there was in place (becoming Eri's spare body? Executing the revenge on Beneritt? All of it?). That way, Suletta can really, truly be freed and Eri and Prospera can go on merilly on their way to become war criminals or whatever as a 2-in-1 deal kinda thing.
Old 2023-05-21, 10:09   Link #1328
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wouldn't say Eri has the upper hand over Prospera. As you said, they can now communicate, Prospera simply granted her daughter's wish and asked her if it was really alright to let Suletta go since she understands how much she means to Eri. Suletta's fate probably doesn't matter much to Prospera. No hate, but no love either.
Old 2023-05-21, 10:29   Link #1329
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
At first I thought I was wrong and Prospera does care about Suletta, but it seems all she's doing is grant Eri's wish. Eri is the one who wishes for Suletta to live a happy life far removed from their mother's revenge plot, and is the one who decided to tell her the truth and cut her loose. Now that Prospera doesn't need Suletta anymore, she let her do it. She did leave her with some nice parting words, at least.

Now that it's confirmed Aerial is fully autonomous, I have no clue how Suletta is going to pilot it again. Will something happen to Eri? Or is there an even higher permet score they can unlock together that will be needed later down the road?

Miorine is completely in over her head. I will never get tired of Prospera trolling her.
Prospera cares about Suletta. Too much to her liking it seems since she tries to feel/act detached, but there are subtle cracks that have shown up in both seasons. Eri is just her favorite. Also, Suletta is a savior sibling with all the mental health issues that goes with it (to parents and kids).

I wouldn't be surprised if a "Suletta died" is aimed at all three (Mio included, well 4 with Guel) soon. She won't be dead, but they won't be able to validate that while stuck on Earth.
Old 2023-05-21, 10:41   Link #1330
Frontier

Eri and Prospera are basically just working together at this point. All Eri really needed was getting Suletta out of the way so she's not involved because she seems to be fully going along with her mothers' plans.

Elnora and Suletta...it doesn't seem like she's repulsed by Suletta or treats her like she's not human or someone without actual feelings, yet she came off detached around her here. I honestly think she can't see Suletta as anything more than an extension of Eri.
Old 2023-05-21, 10:56   Link #1331
Twi

From my perspective, this was tough love. Eri basically completely severed the umbilical cord that connected her to Suletta and Prospera told her to go back to school where she could fill her heart with all the things she wanted to do to make up for the loss.

Even then, Prospera was the one who questioned if they could still bring her along. But Eria cut that off as she won't be able to live freely if she follows them. They destroyed her support but left her in a place where she could rebuild herself from their perspectives.

Mind you, from my perspective, this is a villain origin story in the making. She's a Cyber Newtype Clone who just had her world shattered and everyone she knows and loves is gone. And there's a silver Gundam just sitting where she could stumble upon it along with the introduction of the Gundnode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroyanagi View Post
Spoiler for Ep 18:

You're right. He had limited information and those two showing up right after the attack was suspicious. He asked Nika numerous times and she kept brushing him off, and then the Open Campus incident happened. From his perspective, that's pretty damning considering she also disappeared after the incident. He didn't know what we knows, so he technically didn't do anything wrong.

Edit: Blog review done.

Last edited by Twi; 2023-05-21 at 11:12.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-21, 11:00   Link #1332
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Another important question is, what will Mio do in next episode? She's gonna go to Quinharbor to settle the armed "protest" supposedly without violence and also to sway the Benerit voters. How is she gonna do that? How much authority does she have within Benerit? What can she offer to the Earthians that's within her power? Will she offer some aids for Earthians refugees & workers? Will that be good enough to sway the Benerit voters to take her side? Considering that Benerit consists of megacorps, I don't see the execs & bigwigs being persuaded to support a candidate who only does a show of charity. Mio & Guel's JHM company must do something both impressive to quel the riot in Quinharbor & also promising to bring more profit for the companies within Benerit. That will need a really good plan to succeed.

Also, what the hell was Secelia doing behind the counseling/confessional booth? Are you telling me that Secelia is a councelor?

That freakin' troll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Now that it's confirmed Aerial is fully autonomous, I have no clue how Suletta is going to pilot it again.
There's always the possibility that Suletta doesn't need to pilot the same unit that she started with, just like some other Gundam MCs:

Shinn : Impulse -> Destiny
Setsuna : Exia -> 00 -> Qant
Amuro : Gundam -> Dijeh -> Zeta -> Nu
Old 2023-05-21, 11:22   Link #1333
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
From my perspective, this was tough love. Eri basically completely severed the umbilical cord that connected her to Suletta and Prospera told her to go back to school where she could fill her heart with all the things she wanted to do to make up for the loss.

Even then, Prospera was the one who questioned if they could still bring her along. But Eria cut that off as she won't be able to live freely if she follows them. They destroyed her support but left her in a place where she could rebuild herself from their perspectives.

Mind you, from my perspective, this is a villain origin story in the making. She's a Cyber Newtype Clone who just had her world shattered and everyone she knows and loves is gone. And there's a silver Gundam just sitting where she could stumble upon it along with the introduction of the Gundnode.
And supposedly Suletta is going to start being more protagonist-like .
Quote:
You're right. He had limited information and those two showing up right after the attack was suspicious. He asked Nika numerous times and she kept brushing him off, and then the Open Campus incident happened. From his perspective, that's pretty damning considering she also disappeared after the incident. He didn't know what we knows, so he technically didn't do anything wrong.
Even Nika probably wouldn't blame him for turning her in, she was willing to do it to herself before she got grabbed. Though it's probably in her best interest for the Space Assembly League to find her, both for their case and her own life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Another important question is, what will Mio do in next episode? She's gonna go to Quinharbor to settle the armed "protest" supposedly without violence and also to sway the Benerit voters. How is she gonna do that? How much authority does she have within Benerit? What can she offer to the Earthians that's within her power? Will she offer some aids for Earthians refugees & workers? Will that be good enough to sway the Benerit voters to take her side? Considering that Benerit consists of megacorps, I don't see the execs & bigwigs being persuaded to support a candidate who only does a show of charity. Mio & Guel's JHM company must do something both impressive to quel the riot in Quinharbor & also promising to bring more profit for the companies within Benerit. That will need a really good plan to succeed.
I assume they'll use this as an opportunity to activate Quiet Zero.
Quote:
Also, what the hell was Secelia doing behind the counseling/confessional booth? Are you telling me that Secelia is a councelor?

That freakin' troll?
You know your setting is messed up with the resident sexy troll is the school counselor .
Quote:
There's always the possibility that Suletta doesn't need to pilot the same unit that she started with, just like some other Gundam MCs:

Shinn : Impulse -> Destiny
Setsuna : Exia -> 00 -> Qant
Amuro : Gundam -> Dijeh -> Zeta -> Nu
Although those are usually upgrades, anything but Aerial would probably be a downgrade for Suletta. But Aerial is still the signature main Gundam so I feel like she'll end up back in it's cockpit somehow. Unless Aerial is the Final Boss .
Old 2023-05-21, 11:53   Link #1334
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

That freakin' troll?
I'm starting to wonder if we've been misled about her the entire series.

Consider that we've basically been watching the entire series from the perspective of the villain's patsies (Suletta and Miorine), who despises the Spacians almost as much as Norea does, if not more. Several of the twists have been telegraphed carefully across multiple episodes. "Hidden" from the audience because of the deliberately limited perspective we get.

The main cast of the series are generally princes and princesses of megacorporations or massive conglomerates, plus Chuchu (skilled Earther with a scholarship from her factory) and Nika (spy). Fans even root for the malevolent, selfish, and jilted Shaddiq as if he should be the main character.

Then we have Secelia. She's apparently from one of the much smaller Burion House with the blue haired boy usually beside her. Yet, she sits on the Dueling Council as its third in line behind the great houses. Her so-called tiny house with very little influence.

You know what mobile suits they make? Because I didn't until I just looked it up.
All the trainers at the school, and the generic security suits we see getting vaporized by Dawn of Fold or in the riots on Earth, defending every important asset in space at the public level.

We've absolutely seen her drop the act and show real concern when actual lives are at stake. Secelia is in the position to hear all the gossip, all the backstabbing, all the arrogant posturing from the future leaders. Maybe she's just been nasty and vicious to the callous, detached, and arrogant main houses all this time. It's the only time we really see her; interacting with the other corporate elites.

I was thinking she was working for the Space Assembly League. I'm starting to think she works for the school itself. She's behind the wall of a seemingly secure counseling space, after all.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-21, 11:54   Link #1335
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I assume they'll use this as an opportunity to activate Quiet Zero.
So Miorine's fabulous plan is to force "peace" on Earth with Quiet Zero. That surely will make the overall situation between Earth and Space better.

That's such a retarded and uninformed idea that I'm sure you're right, Miorine will indeed go for it. She's Delling's daughter after all. They only know how to force people to comply.

It's funny how Shaddiq, despite all his scheming and selfishness, is the only one with a sorta reasonable idea of how to deal with the conflict between Earth and Space.
Old 2023-05-21, 12:18   Link #1336
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
So Miorine's fabulous plan is to force "peace" on Earth with Quiet Zero. That surely will make the overall situation between Earth and Space better.

That's such a retarded and uninformed idea that I'm sure you're right, Miorine will indeed go for it. She's Delling's daughter after all. They only know how to force people to comply.

It's funny how Shaddiq, despite all his scheming and selfishness, is the only one with a sorta reasonable idea of how to deal with the conflict between Earth and Space.
It's pretty clear Miorine is a kid out of her depth and just grasping at what she feels is the right thing to do while Prospera is coasting her along so she gets what she wants.

I mean, from what she's been told about Quiet Zero she probably will try to use it as a non-violent equalizer, but she doesn't know what Prospera really wants to do with it.

I don't know if Shaddiq is so much more reasonable so much as just trying to skew the conflict the other way around because of his own personal interests. He plays the game better but that doesn't make him a better person for it. It probably won't actually solve anything in the long run either.
Old 2023-05-21, 12:19   Link #1337
Key Board
Carbon

I still think Prospera doesn't actually need Miorine to win

Just for Miorine to be a big enough distraction so she can use Jeturk resources to further Quiet Zero

She's already using that to make Gundonne bits. She just needs to buy more time

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-21, 12:21   Link #1338
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Although those are usually upgrades, anything but Aerial would probably be a downgrade for Suletta. But Aerial is still the signature main Gundam so I feel like she'll end up back in it's cockpit somehow. Unless Aerial is the Final Boss .
The ED has Suletta making 5 gun-bits dance during her bloodred, goth lady phase (and then they form their own little Coven). I don't think her next ride will be a downgrade.
Old 2023-05-21, 12:22   Link #1339
Twi

Anyone else notice the OP changed for Guel?
Old 2023-05-21, 12:25   Link #1340
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
The ED has Suletta making 5 gun-bits dance during her bloodred, goth lady phase (and then they form their own little Coven). I don't think her next ride will be a downgrade.
I guess it depends on how far along they got on the Schwarzette and if the "Jeturk" touch was making it more weaponized than base Aerial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Anyone else notice the OP changed for Guel?
Oh yeah, they featured his haircut .