Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-23, 10:37   Link #13561
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu Gate View Post
Okay going back on topic it seems that Kallen's drive has somewhat changed these past couple of episodes is she still lokking for her answer or just wants to take him out so to speak
She had so little dialogue in the last 2 eps it's hard to figure out if she still wants answers... I'd say probably but she's pretty stubborn once she sets out to do something and the current circumstances don't exactly make it easy to have a conversation.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 10:39   Link #13562
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
lolipopo is our kalulu empress xD

but i'm not sure about kallen
cause as she said when she beat up suzaku
"i won't be easily satisfied"
Kang musn't saw this ! A coup is his biggest fear at the moment (yeah it's not the UFN of Cheese Crust...)
And lol at the "I won't be easily satisfied..." this can have a LOT of meaning...xD

My idea is very near of Dec4's one; Or at least, I hope this cause this will mean that made her understand his feelings for her, so, even if he leaves with CC (That's what is going to happen imo, because he could not stay; immortality ? Who knows) I'll be satisfied.

If we are refering to her songs she seems implied that he is still alive but in a place unreachable (Well he could be dead too...)
Anyway those lyrics are good, those speculations about "She is speaking about Naoto" should stop now.

I don't think Kallen really knows what she wants at this state, except for one thing; She wants to stop Lelouch. What is she going to do when she will face him ? Who knows, but now, she needs to reach him.
And Suzaku is in her way (KMF rip apart ! Yeah ! Strike VS Aegis !)

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 10:40   Link #13563
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
She had so little dialogue in the last 2 eps it's hard to figure out if she still wants answers... I'd say probably but she's pretty stubborn once she sets out to do something and the current circumstances don't exactly make it easy to have a conversation.
Nunally is there, and I don't really see her randomly striking at lelouch and risking Nunally's life as well :3
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 10:45   Link #13564
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

With how upset Kallen seems to be over the past few episodes, I believe she on a certain level still wants her answers, but is allowing the "want to stop lelouch by her own hands" rage control her actions. Something that may help however, is if she is forced into a position where she cannot insta-gib lelouch via her KMF.

Lets look at it this way, in her current state of mind, using the Guren's fry claw will make quick work of Lelouch, basically cauterizing a fresh wound. The deed would be done, and it would be fast. Basically, she could be using the Guren as a means to distance herself from the act of killing Lelouch. However, without the KMF, and putting her in a position where she'd have to kill Lelouch by hand (I don't think she has a gun), I think she might very well try asking her question/s again before attacking (or not being able to attack at all). And this of course could lead to the Kallen/Lelouch plot resolution.

Alternatively, something else may come up that brings up her questions into the forefront of her mind again. With how things move back and forth in the show, it can be exceptionally difficult to try to pin it down.
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 10:48   Link #13565
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

I actually mentioned this in one of the other threads, but in a way, Kallen and Lelouch are both doing the same thing the past few episodes. Lelouch is pushing away those he loves (aside from those absolutely necessary for the plan) so they don't get villified as he will likely be in order to (presumably) make the world a peaceful place with a future. Kallen is forcing herself to fight those she loves (particularly Lelouch and C.C.) in order to protect the world from (apparent) tyrany. Both of them are putting the greater good above their own personal wants and needs; in cutting down their 'enemies,' they are cutting themselves.

It's like a freaking Greek Tragedy. (Hope it won't end like one. Give me Deus in Machina and a non-sensical Greek Comedy ending--Did they even know how to end a story happily w/o divine intervention?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
Alternatively, something else may come up that brings up her questions into the forefront of her mind again. With how things move back and forth in the show, it can be exceptionally difficult to try to pin it down.
Well, if she gets there and Lelouch is talking Nunnally, that might stop her in her tracks since she thinks Nunnally is dead.
Old 2008-09-23, 10:48   Link #13566
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Quote:
With how upset Kallen seems to be over the past few episodes, I believe she on a certain level still wants her answers, but is allowing the "want to stop lelouch by her own hands" rage control her actions. Something that may help however, is if she is forced into a position where she cannot insta-gib lelouch via her KMF.

Lets look at it this way, in her current state of mind, using the Guren's fry claw will make quick work of Lelouch, basically cauterizing a fresh wound. The deed would be done, and it would be fast. Basically, she could be using the Guren as a means to distance herself from the act of killing Lelouch. However, without the KMF, and putting her in a position where she'd have to kill Lelouch by hand (I don't think she has a gun), I think she might very well try asking her question/s again before attacking (or not being able to attack at all). And this of course could lead to the Kallen/Lelouch plot resolution.

I can just see it
Kallen readying to kill lelouch when suddenly, Charles appear! Seeing Charles hair up close and personal stunned her long enough for Lelouch to go inside her Guren where...
Gah, too little sleep
anyways, we must not forget about Nunally. I mean they bonded together during her capture, and she would still play an important part in Kallen and Lelouch's life
Old 2008-09-23, 10:53   Link #13567
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, if she gets there and Lelouch is talking Nunnally, that might stop her in her tracks since she thinks Nunnally is dead.
Good lord, I cannot believe I had forgotten that Kallen doesn't yet know Nunally's alive. Considering Kallen knows how much Nunally, means to Lelouch, that could be highly important. Of course, on the off-chance Lelouch has to kill/geass/wtfpwn Nunally and THEN Kallen finds out Nunally *was* alive, that could be a major issue o_O
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 10:56   Link #13568
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Quote:
Good lord, I cannot believe I had forgotten that Kallen doesn't yet know Nunally's alive. Considering Kallen knows how much Nunally, means to Lelouch, that could be highly important. Of course, on the off-chance Lelouch has to kill/geass/wtfpwn Nunally and THEN Kallen finds out Nunally *was* alive, that could be a major issue o_O
nah, most likely Nunally and Lelouch would sit there and stare at each other untill Kallen comes
Old 2008-09-23, 10:56   Link #13569
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
kallen is there to make sure lulu cant do anything but give nunnaly his hand and answer anything she asks him
Old 2008-09-23, 12:01   Link #13570
Amaterasu Gate
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
nah, most likely Nunally and Lelouch would sit there and stare at each other untill Kallen comes
"if" she comes that is
Amaterasu Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 12:31   Link #13571
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Kallen, Lelouch, and Nunally standoff mirroring the end of Season 1!

Kallen!
Nunally!
Lelouch steps in between them them and gets stabbed~
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 12:45   Link #13572
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Considering all the random happy things that have been happening: Both Cornelia and Guilford being alive, most secondary/tertiary characters not being used as meat shields/cannon fodder, even Nina finally shaking off crazy girl complex, I can't really see too tragic of an ending for this show. I'm (almost) certain that Kallen will learn the truth about ZR, and that it will allow the world to be at peace and have a future. She'll be pissed that Lelouch didn't trust her, but he'll say that he did, but didn't want her to be villified like him and Suzaku.

(Still, if Kallen's 'essential' purpose was to kill Lelouch and only learn the truth as he's dying, I am going to be seriously honked off.)
Old 2008-09-23, 12:48   Link #13573
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

next ep kallen has two battles to win
the fight with suzaku
and the race with C.C
i hope she wins both
but if you have to choose one and only one
which would you prefer
Old 2008-09-23, 12:56   Link #13574
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the fight with suzaku
and the race with C.C
i hope she wins both
which would you prefer
The one in which her loss results in her death as opposed to just heart break.

Also BoD i'm assuming from your earlier posts that the fight between Suzaku and Kallen will last a while so Lelouch has plenty of time to deal with Nunnally before Kallen can get their and interfere.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 13:01   Link #13575
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
the fight with suzaku
and the race with C.C
i hope she wins both
which would you prefer
Heck; Her fight with Suzaku is her only way to reach Lelouch so I don't really care about this fight, since Kallen wants to reach lelouch, the only possible threat is C.C., so of course, I prefer to see her win this race (Cause CC will find a way to go in the damocles, it's Code Geass )

But I'm all for a Kallen win. At this state, she is pissed off, both at Suzaku and Lelouch, and she has a true goal to reach, Suzaku is just there to interfere. I hope she'll be able to rip him apart (Just like Suzaku fans and others are hoping to her defeat (death ?)I guess...bah I don't want a Suzaku's death, I just want a wonderful Kallen. )

Zero Sama : It's way better :P

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 13:01   Link #13576
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
the fight with suzaku
and the race with C.C
i hope she wins both
which would you prefer
Personally, I think at this point, the Suzaku vs. Kallen fight will either end in a draw after which Kallen gets past Suzaku to get to Lelouch OR Suzaku gives Kallen clues about what the Requiem is, also leading her to confront Lelouch.

As far as the 'race' w/ C.C. goes...if Lelouch reciprocates Kallens feelings, but has to leave her, I'll be satisfied. If he at least acknowledges that he cares for her enough to not want her to be villifed like the others and allow her to return to her normal life and leaves w/ C.C., I'll be good with that, too.

Didn't really answer your question, did I?
Old 2008-09-23, 13:02   Link #13577
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post

Also BoD i'm assuming from your earlier posts that the fight between Suzaku and Kallen will last a while so Lelouch has plenty of time to deal with Nunnally before Kallen can get their and interfere.
Nunally just needs a slap to the face. Lelouch having geass makes him worst then the devil and yet she was the one clicking away at a button launching weapons of mass destruction. Without even confirming what she was targeting. Her whole "are you going to use geass on me" line made me laugh, she just fired a Fleija at him and she is the one acting all condecending? -.-
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 13:02   Link #13578
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post

i'm thinking less then 2 minutes of actual screen time
but spread around a little
Old 2008-09-23, 13:05   Link #13579
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu Gate View Post
Wow, and I thought this topic couldn't get any worse, you guys must have skipped the part with this scene with C.C. to be posting this mess, but I guess desperate times calls for desperate measures I hope these kind posts make you feel good on the inside until Sunday at least.
Have you seen the C.C. thread? Two people walking towards one another has been turned into a near would be sexual experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
attempted translations for the "new" lines of one more chance

「ワンモアチャンス 見つめていて 信じた道 進むように」
「ワンモアチャンス もう一度だけ 生きてみるよ あなたの分も」
「Thank you for your love」(あなたの愛をありがとう)」(Thank you for your love)
「thank you for your love 忘れないから」(Thank you for your love, I won't forget)
「~心の人」(The one in my heart)
「約束をの中身探す ように(?) その日までは」(Seeking out for the promise till the day)
「前のあなたの姿をして」(....)<-yes, lelouch will be somewhere Kallen can't follow
「いつか追いつく」(One day I'll catch up with you)
「~いるんじゃないよと~」(You are there, aren't you)
「ワンモアチャンス 夜明けは来る ~ 星達に」(One more chance the coming of dawn the stars)
「ワンモアチャンス 明日もまた輝いてね 空の上で」(One more chance tomorrow will shine again up in the sky)
「ほんとは会いたくて」(I want to see you again)
「あなたの胸で泣きたくて」(I want to cry in your heart)
That sounds both depressing and happy at the same time. Separation but hope. If that isn't a common Kallen <-> Lelouch motif, I don't know what is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And CC? Well, CC, like Rolo, doesn't care about the rebellion. She was perfectly content to wait until he decided what to do with his life. Unlike Kallen, she's willing to take Lelouch "as is". And heck, it's not about her. It's about why Kallen isn't fit to be told of ZR.
The problem arises, and can be seen, is that if Kallen picks one or the other, people will bitch about her character (either selfish or stupid). She is a duality in that she has ties/bonds with both sides. She loves Lelouch, but her brother's dream and her 'family' stands (from her point of view) with the Order of the Black Knights. C.C. and Rolo have only ever had one allegiance, themselves. They do what they want to do with no restrictions, Rolo was tied to Lelouch, C.C. is tied to Lelouch. Kallen, simply, is tied to both Lelouch and the Order.

You bring up a good point as to why she is not let in to ZR, but then, why isn't Nunally also let into ZR. The fact that she is omitted does not mean that Lelouch thinks less of her, just as it does not necessarily mean that he thinks more of her or wishes to keep her out of it for her own good. It can be argued, more easily, for the latter, than the former as there is nothing to really point at the former as a possibility.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-23, 13:21   Link #13580
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And CC? Well, CC, like Rolo, doesn't care about the rebellion. She was perfectly content to wait until he decided what to do with his life. Unlike Kallen, she's willing to take Lelouch "as is". And heck, it's not about her. It's about why Kallen isn't fit to be told of ZR.
Willing to take Lelouch as is? She admitted in Turn 15 that she had been primarily using him as a told to die. It wasn't until she learned that Lelouch actually valued her that she changed her mind about dying.

Kallen, meanwhile, despite initially seeing Lelouch and Zero separately, eventually was able to reconcile the two in her heart and realized she had fallen for him (according to the director). Then Lelouch, apparently, told her that it was all a lie, and HE was the one that gave her the assurance that he was being truthful to her in the first place. She held on to hope longer than most of us would; she probably thought that, like most of his plans, Lelouch had some hidden motive. Which he then, as far as she could tell, revealed by blowing the crap out of a peace summit.

And how is not caring about the Rebellion a good thing? It's good that C.C. cared more about her wish to die than a Rebellion that was fighting an evil regime (i.e., cared about Lelouch's safety over his plan to create a peaceful world). And it's bad that Kallen has chosen to stay true to the ideals that Lelouch, himself, taught her rather than let her heart follow a man who appears to never have existed. That makes C.C. more worthy of Lelouch than Kallen.

I'm not trying to diss C.C. I actually think she's pretty cool, and she's had a tragic life that explains many of her undesirible features. The fact is, I think if Kallen and C.C. were real, they would probably find this whole Kallen vs. C.C. debate somewhat insulting since they actually have a fairly close, sisterly (albeit adversarial) relationship. In the scenes that they interact together (at least post season 1) they seem to be best friends (in an odd sort of way).

youngde, signing off.