AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka - Insurrection in the Ancient City (Volumes 14 & 15) Rating
Perfect 10 35 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 12.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 8.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-01-08, 06:41   Link #1341
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
That kind of reaction from Maya is still interesting.

Apparently, Maya has more pride towards Tatsuya than Miya, and that alone is telling.....
Maya is a di**-head?

Thats the only interpretation a person can get.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 06:46   Link #1342
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Maya has always been adorable .

I want a colored illustration of her blushing.
I will pay money for that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalorView View Post
.......that Maya x Tats ship is now officially set sail ?
NO, Just no......I think Maya and Tatsuya's relationship is a relationship build upon mutual acknowledgement and respect.

They acknowledge each other as equals in terms of magic prowess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Maya is a di**-head?

Thats the only interpretation a person can get.
One thing I learn in life is that no one can succeed in life without being either a bastard or a bitch
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 07:42   Link #1343
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
I will pay money for that...

NO, Just no......I think Maya and Tatsuya's relationship is a relationship build upon mutual acknowledgement and respect.

They acknowledge each other as equals in terms of magic prowess

One thing I learn in life is that no one can succeed in life without being either a bastard or a bitch
Dude just think about; the reason for Maya being bitchy is "tough love" thats BS. And thinking Satou's gonna pull the "I did it all for your sake" crap; that melodramatic crap doesnt mean shet if you made a MC purely all awesome and no emo-shit. Lulu from CG pulled it off cuz Lulu's an emo prick. Just think about it if Satou pull that crap here. Tatsuya would either answer "so what", "so", "I dont care" which can turns me off; that or he can down grade Tatsuya to become an emo-tard. That just blasphemy and it still turns me off.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 07:50   Link #1344
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Dude just think about; the reason for Maya being bitchy is "tough love" thats BS. And thinking Satou's gonna pull the "I did it all for your sake" crap; that melodramatic crap doesnt mean shet if you made a MC purely all awesome and no emo-shit. Lulu from CG pulled it off cuz Lulu's an emo prick. Just think about it if Satou pull that crap here. Tatsuya would either answer "so what", "so", "I dont care" which can turns me off; that or he can down grade Tatsuya to become an emo-tard. That just blasphemy and it still turns me off.
Not that way....I'm just saying that Maya and Tatsuya respects each others abilities to the point that they can mutually understand each other
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 08:51   Link #1345
Iramohs

Quote:
Koichi isn t tats father because he was twelve when he and maya were "dating"... (At least acording to my memory).
And the most awesome character to be tats father would be zhou's boss who has connections with dahan.
Imagine If dahan was trying to create a magician with elemental sight. However they only produce failures because their genetical material wasn t good enough so they decide to kidnap a yotsuba who are known to have special magic conected to the mind.
Things happen and in the last attacks against dahan the yotsuba discover maya's last egg and the only sucess of dahan project aka tats. Years later, when miya reaches a good age to be a mother she takes the role of surrogate mother.
Also, zhou is one of the failure of THE dahan project due to him being able to heal himself in vol14, which shouldn t be possible except If he has an ability similar to tats.
I remember in volume 4 Douglas Huang says that Tatsuya's magic reminded him of "the blasphemy their leader used to execute the damned." Coincidence?
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 10:22   Link #1346
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
I remember in volume 4 Douglas Huang says that Tatsuya's magic reminded him of "the blasphemy their leader used to execute the damned." Coincidence?
Yes it is. Many spells have enormous destructive power, it doesn't mean anything for a spell to be similar to Tatsuya's, Molecular Divider is a prime example.
More importantly, the one thing I do give credit to the author for is his desire to differentiate between characters and even give some unique skills, even the likes of Erika and Leo do, Miyuki has Cocytus, etc.
Tatsuya's skills are almost ones that he invented himself based on his own affinities, so not only do you need to be born with a combination of affinities that are extremely unlikely to even happen separately but also be the most brilliant magical engineer in the world AND come up with the same exact techniques as Tatsuya not something different.
Old 2015-01-08, 10:27   Link #1347
CatRules
Shipper

If what some anons said at /a/ was true then Maya does see Tatsuya as her family but never openly revealed her feeling because she is the head and he's not a Yotsuba. Hayame seems to see through her facade and she blushed.
Old 2015-01-08, 10:43   Link #1348
Aciald

Even if the passage is wrong, it still begs the question of why a loyalty test for Tatsuya. Yes I know they believe he will betray them but why? If it really is just based on how the Yotsuba have treated him wouldn't it be simpler for Maya just to order the rest of the Yotsuba to stop being an ass to Tatsuya? Even Maya admits Tatsuya will never betray Miyuki so isn't all this a waste? Seems like the only question would be Miyuki's loyalty not Tatsuya.

If all Maya wants from Tatsuya is to be Miyuki's guardian then a loyalty test is pointless. It doesn't matter what he thinks of the Yotsuba only what he thinks of Miyuki.

I don't think Maya will suddenly make Tatsuya the heir (mainly because when would he have time between high school, being Taurus Silver, and the ultimate engine of destruction for japan his schedule is pretty full). However she must have some plan to use Tatsuya as part of the Yotsuba beyond being Miyuki's guardian and needs to prove his loyalty to the rest of the clan.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 10:58   Link #1349
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
You can speculate that Maya is his mother but it is certain that Tatsurou is his dad, he didn't only herit his psion count, the resemblance is striking.
Don't trust illustration. Supposedly, Tatsuya's character design shouldn't look as good as current illustration. Besides its character design, only link between Tatsuya and Tatsurou is psion count. I think, it can be easily manipulated. One of reasons why fans are hoping about this kind of plot twists mainly due to his behavior as a father. But,there are many failed father figures in Mahouka, so I wouldn't judge Tatsurou because of his behavior as a father. However, I am open for any changes. Even Tatsurou is a biological father, it would be great if Tatsuya has a father figure who can guide him.

Besides the case of Tatsuya, if Tatsurou is not Tatsuya's father, audiences will start speculate about Miyuki, too. And, it will open another hell gate. Anyway, we will have to wait for others to releases reviews on Jan. 10th.

Quote:
Hayama had been employed since the time when Maya's father is still head of the Yotsuba.
He is well trusted by Maya, he is her confidant..
The fact that Hayama doubts Tatsuya's origins is an automatic red flag...
I thought, Hayama was employed since the previous head of Yotsuba.
There is another clan leader between Maya and Genzou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
If what some anons said at /a/ was true then Maya does see Tatsuya as her family but never openly revealed her feeling because she is the head and he's not a Yotsuba. Hayame seems to see through her facade and she blushed.
So, is it mentioned in the sample pages from vol. 15?
So, it is completely different from what we have been speculating.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 11:11   Link #1350
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
So, is it mentioned in the sample pages from vol. 15?
So, it is completely different from what we have been speculating.
I can't read Japanese so there is no way I can confirm this but you can see for yourself.
Spoiler for link:
Old 2015-01-08, 11:34   Link #1351
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
I can't read Japanese so there is no way I can confirm this but you can see for yourself.
Spoiler for link:
Thanks you for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
Even if the passage is wrong, it still begs the question of why a loyalty test for Tatsuya. Yes I know they believe he will betray them but why? If it really is just based on how the Yotsuba have treated him wouldn't it be simpler for Maya just to order the rest of the Yotsuba to stop being an ass to Tatsuya? Even Maya admits Tatsuya will never betray Miyuki so isn't all this a waste? Seems like the only question would be Miyuki's loyalty not Tatsuya.
If all Maya wants from Tatsuya is to be Miyuki's guardian then a loyalty test is pointless. It doesn't matter what he thinks of the Yotsuba only what he thinks of Miyuki.
As third person's point of view, we may not see environmental differences for Tatsuya even if he leaves Yotsuba and joins the military. So, testing his royal shouldn't be an issue from our perspectives. But, from Yotsuba's view, Tatsuya is the biggest bargaining chip in the time of crisis. From the beginning, we can see people / students who have problems with existing system, and even army is hiring and allocating talented magicians who do not support 10MC system into one single battalion. And, powerful figures like Kudou and Saegusa have been trying to undermine Yotsuba. So, in this kind of situation the value of having S-class magician such as Tatsuya is immeasurable. So, it isn't weird for Yotsuba to pull this kind of stunt to check Tatsuya's royalty.

For your second comment, I also share similar views. But, I think, it is Japanese cultural environment. They technically draw a line between family members and employees. Tatsuya is no longer a member of family and labeled as a employee, so their treatment on him is fair from their standard. At this point, I am starting to think, Maya purposely kicked him out of family to hide the identity. If he is a mere bodyguard, nobody would suspect him as a secret weapon. Based on vol. 15's spoilers, only Maya and 7 branch leaders know about his true identity. So, I am assuming even Miya was not fully aware of what Tatsuya can do. She may know a little bit of Material Bust, but she may never know about its full capability. Or, she just had enough ball to use living WMD as a porter.

But, Yotsuba's strategy of concealing his identity worked too much, and it isolated him from the Yotsuba, and as a result he does not hold any royalty to Yotsuba at this point. Miya's mental surgery may have been another factor, but as readers we can see Tatsuya can show royalty and friendships to close peers. In vol. 13, his decision to stop P-dolls for other students' safety proves, the surgery is not the main factor that drove him away from Yotsuba.

Will their treatment change? Yes, it may be possible if he becomes official S-class magician. I think, the story may also develop into this direction.
If something happens to Itsuwa Mio, Tatsuya has to come out in order to take the job. If he becomes official S-class magician, his power and influence can expand.
If this really happens while Tatsuya continues distancing himself from Yotsuba, Tatsuya can become an extremely dangerous enemy. He may not hold grudge, but he will not show mercy if Yotsuba and he get into conflict.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2015-01-08 at 11:45.
Old 2015-01-08, 12:21   Link #1352
tigerdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post

I don't think Maya will suddenly make Tatsuya the heir (mainly because when would he have time between high school, being Taurus Silver, and the ultimate engine of destruction for japan his schedule is pretty full). However she must have some plan to use Tatsuya as part of the Yotsuba beyond being Miyuki's guardian and needs to prove his loyalty to the rest of the clan.
The loyalty test may have something to do with what the Yotsuba decide to reveal at the upcoming 10MC election.
tigerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 13:59   Link #1353
tshamo

So in the end, the translated spoiler about Tats being Maya's son is wrong. Man this discussion was very heated.
tshamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 14:15   Link #1354
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshamo View Post
So in the end, the translated spoiler about Tats being Maya's son is wrong. Man this discussion was very heated.
At least now it's over for good.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 14:27   Link #1355
expertsource

yes we was very heated. i can write a ln, can't i?
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 14:47   Link #1356
IceHism

I guess the chinese translation is lacking a bit of nuance that exists in the original text. Makes me wonder about volumes 1-13 and what could have been missed from those.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 14:53   Link #1357
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdave View Post
The loyalty test may have something to do with what the Yotsuba decide to reveal at the upcoming 10MC election.
Thanks to CatRules. I went through the thread at /a/.
There is a post that translated pages from vol. 15.
Spoiler for /a/ link:

So far, questioning about loyalty was started from. vol. 14 when Maya requested Tatsuya's help. Tatsuya did not fall into the trap. Based on discussion between Hayama and Fumiya, Hayama was planning for something if Tatsuya refused to take the job. Hopefully, we can get some straight answers from vol. 15. Based on translated summary from /a/, Yotsuba believes, Tatsuya will betray them. Right now, the biggest candidate is military if Tatsuya leaves Yotsuba, but I do not think, the military is the one if he changes the side. In my view, another possible candidate is Yotsuba's sponsor who can exercise influences on Yotsuba. Otherwise, Tatsuya will not be able to protect Miyuki from Yotsuba if they plan to use Miyuki against her will.

In vol. 14, one of key information is how novice Miyuki is with the world.
In vol. 14, it is stated, Miyuki think, Yotsuba is supreme mainly because she only knows about Yotsuba and does not know the outside world and strength of other factions such as military and other magician factions. I think, it is a foreshadowing that there is a chance that Miyuki may choose Tatsuya over Yotsuba. I wonder, what Yotsuba will do if Miyuki declines the position of heir when she realizes, she is only chosen as a hostage to keep Tatsuya.
Old 2015-01-08, 15:29   Link #1358
Echizen777

Looks like they don't trust him at all. If they want Maya to rush things it means he is not a potential candidate.

Didn't expect the Tatsuya-Mayumi discussion to end up like this.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 16:10   Link #1359
Diocar

Quote:
Spoiler for /a/ link:
I don t see anything ...
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-08, 16:31   Link #1360
cyberdemon

Quote:
At least now it's over for good.
It's not over. The context has changed a bit but it is still about Hayama questioning Maya about Tatsuya. Either way her reaction is still rather wierd.

Quote:
Spoiler for /a/ link:
curious conversation between Hayama and Mitsugu.

Spoiler for Hayama and Mitsugu:

Tags
harem, jesus-like mc