AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2009-05-21, 21:21   Link #1341
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

So now let's pay attention to any possible announcement of an FMP re-airing.
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 01:27   Link #1342
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
So now let's pay attention to any possible announcement of an FMP re-airing.
That has been done last year
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 15:54   Link #1343
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Some people at the Haruhi threads are saying, Kadokawa could troll us by showing us one episode of PURE moe crap, then show us the proper episode next week. If they really wanted to troll in the worst way as possible.

Since they redid the character designs for Haruhi, if our imaginative FMP4 is made, chances are KyoAni would 'update' the character design, make it moe-er to look more like the current novel artwork.

Do we have a 'god' to pray to like Haruhi? Maybe faith would bring forth the 4th season.

Old 2009-05-22, 18:03   Link #1344
phillip~en~ciel

i have a feeling that its gonna happen this summer~~4th season, i can feel it!!!!awwwwgghhhwaaaaaaeeeerrr!!! cant wait~~FMP haz enter my brain~~like no other anime~~
phillip~en~ciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 11:35   Link #1345
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
Do we have a 'god' to pray to like Haruhi? Maybe faith would bring forth the 4th season.
I guess we can tap the OMNISPHERE using that software seilychidori posted a couple pages back
Old 2009-05-24, 06:05   Link #1346
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Quote:
Some people at the Haruhi threads are saying, Kadokawa could troll us by showing us one episode of PURE moe crap, then show us the proper episode next week. If they really wanted to troll in the worst way as possible.

Since they redid the character designs for Haruhi, if our imaginative FMP4 is made, chances are KyoAni would 'update' the character design, make it moe-er to look more like the current novel artwork.

Pray to Sophia!!!!! She will some how alter time and make it so that some Whispered at KyoAni develops the 4th season
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 03:08   Link #1347
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:

No chance. KyoAni isn't the one who design the characters, it's that gal (IIRC) who helped illustrations of FMP for long do so IMO.

And I simply hate Haruhi and the franchise totally for some reason, so I won't even pay to any possible "gods".
However, the dull thing is what I heard from a friend taht 4th season isn't possible at this time due to copyright issues. Of course, that may be another thing after the novels are finished......
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 07:22   Link #1348
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I doubt there's copyright issues, other then KyoAni has the rights to FMP anime. Because if I was Gonzo...I would try and make more FMP since it is an established series instead of one that is a total risk. I hope Gonzo all the luck, I doubt Shangri would sell...

Character designs as in turning the designs in the novels into a more animatable form, the one that does the illustrations in the novel is called 'original character design'. The style might be slightly different. Best example are Toei's character designs of clannad/air/kanon compared to KyoAni version, the base design are the same, but they are slightly different, such as Toei's Kanon has GIANT eyes compared to KyoAni. But then Toei's AIR has smaller eyes then KyoAni. Weirdly, even if the character designer is the same for Gonzo and KyoAni FMP, I can easily tell the difference in which company did the illustrations.

Currently a Key adaption is announced:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nime-green-lit

Aniplex is producing this anime. Aniplex is a subsidy of Sony...so chances are it'll be animated by A-1 Pictures, which is owned by Sony. Remember Yutaka Yamamoto pulled around 1/3 of KyoAni staffs with him to A-1 Pictures, so this could be animated by A-1 Pictures. But then Key anime series are always done by KyoAni/Toei, so Aniplex could still be the producer but the animations done by KyoAni.

Just some not-really-related-news to our imaginative 4th season.
Old 2009-06-05, 19:15   Link #1349
Subzero00

by the way full metal panic is being released on bluray in the US
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 01:44   Link #1350
Alchemist007
*Author

^^god damnit for a second I though it was FMP.
Old 2009-06-06, 02:54   Link #1351
SkoolRumble4Ya

I'm glad the blu ray version of Full Metal Panic is coming for the U.S. but they're only selling TSR. I hope it does contain the talk about the fourth season.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-06, 07:54   Link #1352
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

But the animation of TSR is definately Blu Ray worthy right (even if they did not produce it in high-def)? Do the US release contains clips of Japanese seiyuu talking? Don't they usually just have the english dub voice actor/actresses?

For now, there's nothing announced for fall from KyoAni. I would think that they're taking another 6 months break. K-on was announced around mid Feb and Munto around Nov. So they could announce an anime soon enough. If the secret project is FMP, I would think they need quite a bit of time doing the animation. Mechs are not the easiest thing to draw. Moe girls on the other hand are much much much easier (at least for me). I hope KyoAni just got bored at making over-doeses of moe-ness and just make something more GAR.
Old 2009-06-06, 12:14   Link #1353
velvet nightmare

wasnt the secret project haruhi 2
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 04:55   Link #1354
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

It could be, but Haruhi 2 wasn't a secret. We all know there is a 2nd season, but we just didn't know when it'll air. So I would asume it's another anime.
Old 2009-06-07, 08:42   Link #1355
The Quack-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
by the way full metal panic is being released on bluray in the US
Woohoo!! I was so excited when I read Funimation were actually going to release a TSR Blu-ray version.
The Japanese edition (if you can locate one!?) is selling for anywhere between 30,000 & 50,000yen!! But those are admittingly 'limited editions'. That is a huge price difference - converting to around AUD370 to 600 compared to the USD75.00 being offered on pre-order at Amazon (which is about AUD100!!). Well done to Funimation for the decent pricing.
Though at this stage, it does look as if we may miss out on some of the material that was contained in the Japanese release. Their Blu-ray box set contained no less than Four Discs which had a multitude of bonus materials & commentaries. The Funimation release will contain just the two Blu-ray discs - which is still more than ample to store 14episodes (13 from the series + the bonus OVA). Below is a list of the Special Features that have been confirmed thus far:
Bonus Episode 000
Bonus OVA
Location Scouting in Hong Kong
Textless Songs
Opening Song - Southern Wind
Closing Song - I Wanna See You Again
Trailers

(Unfortunately ADV Films, which still holds the license to the 1st series of FMP & Fumoffu, have no interest in releasing any of their animes on Blu-ray at this particular time......).
The Quack-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 13:14   Link #1356
SkoolRumble4Ya

That really sucks whats the point of only having TSR in blu ray when the first two series are not.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 16:10   Link #1357
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
That really sucks whats the point of only having TSR in blu ray when the first two series are not.
If those two season are simply upscale then the upscale done by your player/TV with the DVD has a source will probably be as good as the one done for the Blu-Ray (even better sometimes )
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 04:28   Link #1358
ghost_zero5

I would just say: TSR is newer and therefore it was very likely produced in a HD-Format already and it is very likely that the older series were NOT produced in a HD-Format and therefore it wouldn't make to much sense to release them on Blu-Ray anyway. However, in my country not even the DVD for TSR is out yet and as there is no multi-region/regionfree Blu-Ray player yet and I don't want to have two players (maybe if the become cheaper I might but currently...), the best possibility is to import the DVDs for TSR as I can watch them on a multi-region DVD-player.
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 14:17   Link #1359
DrBobr

It was long time ago, in 2006, when I have watched TSR. Sins that time pasts over 3 years and my hope is slowly dying. If KyoAni wouldn’t announce new season this summer I will go and ….. will draw it myself ( although I cannot draw) ^_^
DrBobr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 14:17   Link #1360
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
After looking things over in the series and whatnot, I'm thinking we're never going to see another series. It's sad, it sucks, and I hate it, but I doubt we'll ever get this reality. With so many other series coming out and being so popular, with the economy tight, and with anime studios claiming bankruptcy, they're only going to go with that which is making money NOW.

I think some people, additionally, were happy to market this as a "school age/mech" type of show...but now it is more "mech/sci-fi/mystic" with some romance tossed in. It's hard to handle for some people. They want something easy to classify, something they can sell without much trouble.

Just some thoughts.
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
there is a god!