AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-06-28, 02:45   Link #1341
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Spoiler for 230. This chapter reveals more mysteries about Yukiji.:
Some kanjis there are wrong, I think. Here's the one I've got:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
and how long will the writer intended to tease us about Athena and Hayate meeting?
Until Hina gets her date.
Old 2009-06-28, 02:50   Link #1342
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
The young Katsura almost look identical to Athena..I was thought that the girl in the picture is Athena in the first place...but later, I realized it is young Kastura...LOL

and how long will the writer intended to tease us about Athena and Hayate meeting?
May be till I am threatening him with gun in his mouth (I planned to do this after found him, but first, I must released from this Detention Center)
Ck...Really..I just make a few life's gone, and they put me here

Hina get her date?that's gotta be loooo........oong time, since she didn't want to confess to Hayate (she feel defeated if she do)
If it with other guy, it's possible, but if it with Hayate.....may be in her dream (sorry! I'm a little pecmst she will ever get her date with the Butler in Debt even tough so much person rooting for that)

So.. this time, we have 5 person who knows about Royal Garden or Golden Castle or whatever name it is.

the List:
1.Athena...offcourse, she live there after all (**bow to A-tan Ojousama**)
2.Hayate...that's his first workplace
3.Mikado...He stole it somehow, and build Hakua Academy (references:The End of the world arc ending)
4.Sister.... the Mafia Daughter
5.Yukiji......Money Leech in human form (I want to kill her too)

Spoiler for offtopic:
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 04:03   Link #1343
Used Can

We don't know if the Sister knows about the Royal Garden. She knows Athena, but how much she knows about her is unknown. For all we know, they may have met not so long ago.

Yukiji knowing about the Royal Garden is just speculation. I hardly doubt she does, but this being Hayate, I wouldn't completely discard that possibility. All the same, for know, I think it'd be better to just think she has no idea about it.

Someone who does seem to have an idea about the Royal Garden is Isumi.
Old 2009-06-28, 10:28   Link #1344
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler:
But the word 'feeling' doesn't convey all the meaning that '想' has. And I thought the English word 'heart' had similar wide arrange of meanings, so...
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 13:49   Link #1345
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

just got caught up with the chinese scans upto 229.

- Hina is cute when she is embrass but that tsundere act is getting old
- Izumi shot up quite a bit with her arc.
- not enough Sakuya, she needs more time
- along with everyone else i am breathlessly waiting for A-tan to make her grand entrance.

With all the Utena ripoffs i have Rinbu revolution struck in my head.
Old 2009-06-28, 13:59   Link #1346
Xacual

Question for raw reading people, does Izumi know that Hayate was the one that saved her doll from the dog back during the End of the World arc? I think she does but I'm unsure.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 15:09   Link #1347
Used Can

Quote:
But the word 'feeling' doesn't convey all the meaning that '想' has. And I thought the English word 'heart' had similar wide arrange of meanings, so...
Hmm... I'm honestly not sure. I thought 'feelings' would have a more versatile use than 'heart,' since 'heart' is usually used to represent love and precious memories only, whereas 'feelings' can represent many other things aside from those two, like for example: hopes, dreams, desires, etc...

Anyway, I'm not the pro here; so, I think I'll leave it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Question for raw reading people, does Izumi know that Hayate was the one that saved her doll from the dog back during the End of the World arc? I think she does but I'm unsure.
Maybe, maybe not. She seems to have realised that, but she's still not sure about it.
Old 2009-06-28, 18:33   Link #1348
Fandal

How many of Athena's teaser scenes (besides the ones in the garden) are NOT at night or even late afternoon? Are there any which show her in bright and sunny weather?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 21:42   Link #1349
Used Can

You mean in the current chapters, or any shot of hers? The one at the end of chapter 187 was in plain daylight.
Old 2009-06-29, 01:18   Link #1350
Fandal

All chapters (except ones in the garden). I wonder why Athena is taking over almost every night shot outside the garden. Even her card was a night shot. Inside the garden, most her scenes were in daylight - well sunset till moon rise. In a way, her signature outfit in the garden was bright and golden. Her outfit now is dark and black. You know, a lot of Athena's scene always has a great view of the sunrise and moonrise in it. She almost has a monopoly on every sunrise or moonrise scene.

Has Athena ever used any of her powers in the morning/midday/etc?

Last edited by Fandal; 2009-06-29 at 01:34.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 13:17   Link #1351
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
All chapters (except ones in the garden). I wonder why Athena is taking over almost every night shot outside the garden. Even her card was a night shot. Inside the garden, most her scenes were in daylight - well sunset till moon rise. In a way, her signature outfit in the garden was bright and golden. Her outfit now is dark and black. You know, a lot of Athena's scene always has a great view of the sunrise and moonrise in it. She almost has a monopoly on every sunrise or moonrise scene.

Has Athena ever used any of her powers in the morning/midday/etc?
As long as I remember, A-tan only use it in the Royal Garden - to heal and forge Hayate's body - in the past, dunno if it's because she is still child and have weak magic so she can perform that only inside the Royal Garden or what.

Maybe her power already grow along with her body now, so she can perform it outside the Royal Garden. But since she barely appear (thanks to Hata Bastard), we didn't know for sure.

@Xellos
Hey bro! that's a very nice sig! where do you get that?
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 13:40   Link #1352
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i just re-reading the comments regarding the Athena Arc and i am very disappointed (especially @mentar) that no one mention the Utena reference, "End of the World and the coffins".

Edit: A-tan is only shown with 1 butler but she really she needs at least 5 if not 12.

@sureman, made that myself

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2009-06-29 at 15:00.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 19:13   Link #1353
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
As long as I remember, A-tan only use it in the Royal Garden - to heal and forge Hayate's body - in the past, dunno if it's because she is still child and have weak magic so she can perform that only inside the Royal Garden or what.
After seeing her fight scene with Hayate, Her magic doesn't look that weak to me, well maybe she could destroy a house or two with that.

Quote:

Maybe her power already grow along with her body now, so she can perform it outside the Royal Garden
. But since she barely appear (thanks to Hata Bastard), we didn't know for sure.
If that's true then that's one reason for her being super dangerous as said by Sister. Other than that I don't think she'd harm Hayate directly, but by ordering someone else to do it.
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 23:32   Link #1354
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
I wonder why Athena is taking over almost every night shot outside the garden.
Well, for one, she's a mysterious character. Furthermore, we're probably supposed to assume that, after spending a good amount of time alone in the Royal Garden, she probably became a cold person. In addition, since it is her purpose to take that gem from Hayate, she's technically an antagonist.

I'm fairly sure once this whole deal is set, we'll start seeing her in more normal scenes. In fact, I think primuler translated part of an entry in Hata's blog, where he mentioned that, while Athena has been carrying a good amount of the serious parts on her own, she'll eventually receive a more light-hearted development. I guess that'll start once this arc is over. Honestly, I'm expecting her to get a fair amount of scenes and development since, being a late character, she seriously needs them.
Old 2009-06-30, 06:59   Link #1355
primuler
Love For 3D

Something that will end this arguement on Athena

Hata said Athena is weak in the morning.

It seems that because she is so, she usually dozes off and when she wakes up, it's night. (Or I think that's what Hata said. But I don't think he said she usually does so.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
In fact, I think primuler translated part of an entry in Hata's blog, where he mentioned that, while Athena has been carrying a good amount of the serious parts on her own, she'll eventually receive a more light-hearted development.
Where? I tried searching this thread myself but failed. I do remember Hata saying that Athena carries the most of the serious bits of this series, but I don't remember him saying that she'll receive lighthearted development. Perhaps I will go through his diary again.

And, something not too special from Hata's recent entry: Though the conversation between Maria and Hayate from 228 was quite trivial, he personally liked how the conversation flowed smoothly without touching any sensitive spots.

Last edited by primuler; 2009-06-30 at 07:16.
Old 2009-06-30, 13:50   Link #1356
Used Can

Whoops... I had thought it was you the one who translated that part, but it was enragedjacquescouste. About the light-hearted development, I think I misunderstood Hata's words.

Here's the link to his post.
Old 2009-06-30, 23:30   Link #1357
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
So.. this time, we have 5 person who knows about Royal Garden or Golden Castle or whatever name it is.

the List:
3.Mikado...He stole it somehow, and build Hakua Academy (references:The End of the world arc ending)
Isumi also seems to know about it (chapter 216). Nagi and Hina also caught a glimpse of the mural in the chapter, as well as heard a very brief description about it, so they "know" about it in the lightest sense possible.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 00:29   Link #1358
Used Can

Hina and Nagi didn't understand anything Isumi was talking about. Not even Hayate - who happened to used to live there, and who knows that's no ordinary place - knew what she was talking about.
Old 2009-07-01, 03:35   Link #1359
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:

the List:
Take number 5 out, because Hata mentioned in this week's diary that Yukiji didn't mean the Royal Garden when she said 'golden castle'. It was just a figure of speech.
And reading this week's chapter, I think that Yukiji is a likeable character too.

And he revealed more interesting facts.

Well, he said he wanted to do this story on Yukiji and Kaoru for three chapters, but he thought readers will be angry if he did so, so he shortened it to one chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjiro Hata
From next week, finally, this story will enter the greatest series in this manga.
If I explain the plotline from next week
in the way everyone can understand,
the OP theme is changing
from Ataraxia to Hollow.
Well, the ones who don't understand, nevermind that.
So.
With the beginning of the story that went over 10 years...
Again next week~☆

I couldn't really translate the last sentence into English properly, but what he means is that the story between Hayate and Athena will begin again. And it seems like the story will get dark too.

For those who don't know what Hata means by 'from Ataraxia to Hollow', he's talking about Fate Hollow/Ataraxia. The game has two openings, each named Ataraxia and Hollow. The game contains some school comedies in the beginning and it gets quite serious(with some swordfights and magics and such) when the opening changes to Hollow.

This will give you a good idea though

Ataraxia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FOMRSn4JP8

Hollow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEqAdGjGsxY

Last edited by primuler; 2009-07-01 at 04:31.
Old 2009-07-01, 07:22   Link #1360
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
For those who don't know what Hata means by 'from Ataraxia to Hollow', he's talking about Fate Hollow/Ataraxia. The game has two openings, each named Ataraxia and Hollow. The game contains some school comedies in the beginning and it gets quite serious(with some swordfights and magics and such) when the opening changes to Hollow.
So next week's chapter will be the start of the Present time End of the World arc? Nice, I'll be eagerly waiting on it. Ch230's ending is staged nicely for a shift in the scene. And the best part is that I can't even speculate what's going to happen next.

Some questions though, is Fate Hollow/Ataraxia "From Ataraxia to Hollow" similar to pre-end arc to End of World Arc? Well it's pretty obvious I know but I think I can expect more action now than before.
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen