AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-04, 15:44   Link #1341
tonyorobsky

Oh!!!
That dragon only has 1 eye left!!! A flash grenade may be effective to block his vision for a few seconds. Add to that a sonic grenade to rob him from his ears as well (then again, for a few seconds). And lastly, a stink grenade to confuse him for a few seconds .

Well, those are just suggestions to temporary stall the dragon, 2-3 seconds that could make the difference. Yes? No?
tonyorobsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 16:07   Link #1342
Breimoon

Don't know, it would need to be way stronger than normal.
Plus since dragons use fire breath their eyes could be somewhat resistant to flashes and something like that .
For sonic grenades it depends on its top speed, since it could reach the sonic boom for all we know.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-04, 16:42   Link #1343
kasimmorathi

How about sheep with a belly full of C4? Baaah?
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 08:09   Link #1344
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasimmorathi View Post
How about sheep with a belly full of C4? Baaah?
I think I mentioned before that the Koda village chief mentioned a Dragon that taste elven or human meat will keep raiding villages, as in acquired a taste for HQ meat and it won't go back to anything less?. So I think a livestock carcass might not work to draw its attention, and it may even be suspicious if it smells something unknown planted inside it...
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 12:47   Link #1345
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
i think they should focus on the wings that make it fly. Making it lose its mobility is the most important thing and the wings should not be that hard to destroy with rpgs and grenade launchers.After that it is just a question of hit and run using the car.
the SPAAGs that were guarding Alnus FOB airspace clipped their wings but I doubt an old AA tank can afford to roll with the recon team lest it goes derp and breaks down mid-transit.
Old 2014-07-05, 12:51   Link #1346
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
A platoon of Type 10 MBT's with depleted uranium discarding sabots should be able to penetrate the dragon's hide (I say should, not will). Its up to the author, in the end.
Not if the Dragon lands right on top of them.

Honestly I'd say fighters would probably be the best bet for attacking the dragon. It may be armored like an AFV, but it still relies on its wings to stay airborne. A proximity detonation of a couple of blast frag heat seakers should damage the wings enough to keep it from going airborne. Once it's stuck to the ground, the jets can finish it off with rockets/bombs.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 13:22   Link #1347
Breimoon

Will heat seekers work though? It would depend if it uses some sort of lava sack, gas sack or magic to do the flame breaths. We dont know yet how he uses its fire breath and being a reptile its body heat should not be high enough for heat seekers to follow.

Last edited by Breimoon; 2014-07-05 at 14:49. Reason: mispelled heat as head xD
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 14:12   Link #1348
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Will heat seekers work though? It would depend if it uses some sort of lava sack, gas sack or magic to do the flame breaths. We dont know yet how he uses its fire breath and being a reptile its body head should not be high enough for heat seekers to follow.
Actually, it probably wouldn't. Something that large would give off a huge amount of body heat.
Old 2014-07-05, 15:21   Link #1349
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Will heat seekers work though? It would depend if it uses some sort of lava sack, gas sack or magic to do the flame breaths. We dont know yet how he uses its fire breath and being a reptile its body heat should not be high enough for heat seekers to follow.
All heat seekers need is for the target to be hot enough compared to the surrounding environment to get a lock. And bodies generate allot of heat...especially really large one.
Old 2014-07-05, 16:57   Link #1350
tonyorobsky

Reptile are supposed to be cold blooded animals, so I think dragons are cold blooded.
If that's the case, try putting him on fire, it probably won't damage him, but he will be a nice target for weaponery with heat sensors.
I'd say they have to take down his flying ability (by taking down a wing with one of their rod of steel), then try to take down his remaining eye (a sniper bullet enhanced by Tuka?? maybe a normal bullet will do??). Once he is grounded and blind, some audio and olfactive decoy to confuse him (so they can avoid to deal with a charging assault) and a finishing him off.
The biggest problems are:
-finding a good battle ground and have the dragon come to the said battle ground
-the dragon is currently in another country(they have to sneak so it'll probably be on foot, so no cars) and it's too far for the flying machines (not enough fuel for a round trip)
tonyorobsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-05, 19:31   Link #1351
Kerfirou

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyorobsky View Post
Reptile are supposed to be cold blooded animals, so I think dragons are cold blooded.
If that's the case, try putting him on fire, it probably won't damage him, but he will be a nice target for weaponery with heat sensors.
I'd say they have to take down his flying ability (by taking down a wing with one of their rod of steel), then try to take down his remaining eye (a sniper bullet enhanced by Tuka?? maybe a normal bullet will do??). Once he is grounded and blind, some audio and olfactive decoy to confuse him (so they can avoid to deal with a charging assault) and a finishing him off.
The biggest problems are:
-finding a good battle ground and have the dragon come to the said battle ground
-the dragon is currently in another country(they have to sneak so it'll probably be on foot, so no cars) and it's too far for the flying machines (not enough fuel for a round trip)
Well, As far as I know, body heat doesn't work that way.

Cold blooded doesn't mean that way. Cold blooded mean said animal have less capability to generate enough body heat for their own uses. So even Cold blooded animal has body heat, so to say.

Of course, then it become question whether they have enough body heat. But considering it's a dragon we all talking about here, I think it's impossible for such creature who breathe fire not to have enough body heat generating capability.
Kerfirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 05:27   Link #1352
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerfirou View Post
Well, As far as I know, body heat doesn't work that way.

Cold blooded doesn't mean that way. Cold blooded mean said animal have less capability to generate enough body heat for their own uses. So even Cold blooded animal has body heat, so to say.

Of course, then it become question whether they have enough body heat. But considering it's a dragon we all talking about here, I think it's impossible for such creature who breathe fire not to have enough body heat generating capability.
That really depends on various factors. Depends on which kind of Dragon is represented here, the ones which have fire in their bellies, or those who spew flammable liquid that ignites with air contact or something. The later ones couldn't necessarily mean they are heat generating. Also another thing to think about is either it leaks heat or if its body is insulated, since the description of the scales being hard and lightweight it brings ceramics to mind, which many are good insulators.

As for the last part if it's well insulated as some real animals that live in cold regions, for many most of the external fur/feathers is the same, if barely above, background temperature. They only have very little surface leaking heat which is usually the nose/face and feet. Would it be enough for a heat seeking missile to acquire it's target, I don't know.

Last edited by Kamui04; 2014-07-06 at 05:56.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 15:53   Link #1353
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Not if the Dragon lands right on top of them.
That would have to be a BIG dragon to land on all the tanks in a platoon in any sort of tactical formation.

The main problem for the tanks would be tracking a flying target, or elevating the main gun. If they could be sure to have the dragon land, then the tanks would definitely do well, especially if they were a kilometer or so away, and out of what the dragon would expect to be any sort of threat range. But those circumstances would depend entirely on the situation.

Last edited by Top Sergeant; 2014-07-06 at 16:08.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 15:56   Link #1354
Top Sergeant

Quote:
How about negative UV for a tracking method for the missile? Unless the Special Area doesn't have any UV rays coming out of space.

Last edited by Top Sergeant; 2014-07-06 at 15:57. Reason: spelling
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 19:25   Link #1355
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

actually, the solution in my mind is something that's already done in one of the previous chapters. Insert recon team to locate the dragon and lase the mother f***r for Close air to target with a GPB or whatever Ground attack missiles the Japanese uses. This is a common strategy for targeting ground targets that can't be locked by radar or heat. The only difficult part is for the recce team to find the dragon sitting still long enough for time on target.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-06, 19:45   Link #1356
Velsy

I felt Itami had every right to respond like that, as felt it justified. It shows he cares about his own soldiers, no matter how lazy he gets. For the fact they fended off the dragons first assault before, doesn't mean they can attack it for a second time being that lucky to finish without cost. They personally saw first hand what the dragon could do, they discovered the many burnt charcoal corpses in the elven village. Itami doesn't want his squad turning out like that. A prepared assault, they could take it down, but casualties would still be highly possible. A recon squad attacking it on there own? suicidal.

Well thats my opinion of it. Nice job Itami!. That dark elf can stick it with her scheming. Talking about scheming, how were people previously saying they sympathize with that rabbit ? Shes evil to the core. She got what came to her.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 01:34   Link #1357
Gimmesum

would an AP bullet penetrate the scales ? perhaps get a sniper take out the dragon eye, to render it sight...

and maybe if heat seeking missiles doesnt work, there is laser guided missiles that can do the job
Gimmesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 11:55   Link #1358
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmesum View Post
would an AP bullet penetrate the scales ? perhaps get a sniper take out the dragon eye, to render it sight...

and maybe if heat seeking missiles doesnt work, there is laser guided missiles that can do the job
lol, if it took a panzerfaust 3 to only blow up the arm then no AP ammo in the world fired from a handheld weapon can ever hope to penetrate that scale. Remember, the dragon in this setting have scales as tough as Armour found on modern MBTs. You will need anti tank and bunker busting weapons to knock it out.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-08, 18:33   Link #1359
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmesum View Post

They were spraying it with .50 cal in that first encounter. So I'd say that's a no. And if you were in a position to try to take an aimed shot at it...why not just hit it in the head with a panzerfaust and kill it dead?
Old 2014-07-08, 21:43   Link #1360
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
They were spraying it with .50 cal in that first encounter. So I'd say that's a no. And if you were in a position to try to take an aimed shot at it...why not just hit it in the head with a panzerfaust and kill it dead?
wouldn't the PzF 3 start to lulz and swerve if it was used in AA role with that HEAT warhead?

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction