AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-16, 22:11   Link #1341
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
So you'd let your significant other work with the enemy? There's a thing called manipulation you know. Plus her working on their anime would be on his mind, and he could get sidetracked. But what if the anime is continuous, and after a while they get an anime, she wouldn't be able to audition or whatever because she's already working on a series....
if you want to hear my personal and subjective opinion, I would rather see my significant other working towards her aspiration/career, even if it creates some kind of conflict with whatever I do. My love for her will not change, and nothing would make more happy than seeing her do what she enjoys doing the most. it would be selfish from my part to tell her what she can or cannot do. I would trust her; I would support her decision---and she will appreciated it, too.

not to sound offending or anything, but it would be great if you could use the default unstyled black font. The bright blue is killing my eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
If she's the voice of one long running JUMP anime, would she be able to be the voice of another long running JUMP anime?

Even if she could, it'd be weird.
I fail to see why not... however, the problem I had with the chapter in question is that it didn't quite address why she couldn't work on another series. I mean, is it an unstated rule that seiyuus cannot work on two series from the same magazine? I'm aware that Miho declined her audition because of the promise and the supposed rivalry; but I just couldn't agree with her friends for telling her what she could or could not do (on that basis alone).

even so, I would have loved to see them explore more the subject of love aspiration vs career aspiration, especially from Miho's point of view.
Old 2010-07-16, 22:55   Link #1342
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Spoiler for 94:
not the contact but the complement.
Old 2010-07-16, 23:26   Link #1343
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I fail to see why not... however, the problem I had with the chapter in question is that it didn't quite address why she couldn't work on another series. I mean, is it an unstated rule that seiyuus cannot work on two series from the same magazine? I'm aware that Miho declined her audition because of the promise and the supposed rivalry; but I just couldn't agree with her friends for telling her what she could or could not do (on that basis alone).

even so, I would have loved to see them explore more the subject of love aspiration vs career aspiration, especially from Miho's point of view.
Voices need distinction. It's okay for every background character to be voiced by the same dude, but the female lead shouldn't be getting confused for other female leads. It'd be weird if Nami sounded like Rukia, or if Orihime sounded like Sakura, or if some other female lead that hasn't been onscreen in ages sounded like some other female lead that hasn't been onscreen in ages.

The fact that most people have a problem with it without needing some explicit explanation leads me to say that it qualifies as an unspoken rule.

But the main reason people are against it is because it's his future wife helping out his rival. Even if it his "just" her being the VA for an anime, it's still simplifies to wife helping rival. Even Eiji and Iwase realized this, which is why one told her to go and the other wanted her to stay so badly.
Old 2010-07-16, 23:55   Link #1344
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
if you want to hear my personal and subjective opinion, I would rather see my significant other working towards her aspiration/career, even if it creates some kind of conflict with whatever I do. My love for her will not change, and nothing would make more happy than seeing her do what she enjoys doing the most. it would be selfish from my part to tell her what she can or cannot do. I would trust her; I would support her decision---and she will appreciated it, too.
The dilemma came in because if Miho got the part (and she most certainly would have gotten it), and then PCP got made into an anime (and it sure as hell looks like it is considering how well it's doing right now), Miho wouldn't have been able to play the part of the heroine of Ashirogi-sensei's story, and part of their promise would've been destroyed. Either way, it's not like Mashiro and Takagi forced her to change her mind. She decided to drop out of the auditions on her own. It was her choice, so there's nobody to really blame for this except maybe Miho.
Old 2010-07-17, 00:33   Link #1345
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:

not to sound offending or anything, but it would be great if you could use the default unstyled black font. The bright blue is killing my eyes...

I use blue so that i can find my post easier
But there are also other things she can do besides going into your rivals territory. It's not like it's the only anime in all of Japan, besides getting her name out for doing that series, you don't gain nothing but some experience, which she can also get from somewhere else. And what Yoko Takeo said.
Old 2010-07-17, 00:36   Link #1346
lightbringer
M9000

I don't know much about VA industry, but is it really the case that she would have trouble recording for two series at once? I can't imagine that they need seven days of recording time per episode, although there might be an overlap in the recording schedules. They are also making an assumption that the +Natural anime would still be running by the time the PCP anime gets into production - I think in today's market this would be rather unheard of.

While Mashiro rushing to the studio to get Miho out of there was lovely, rationally I would support her getting the role instead. Although it's moot since she decided to quit on her own.

@Lamar
That's the height of arrogance and selfishness . You are not a unique and beautiful snowflake. There are other people reading these threads, and they don't care to find your posts this way. Most of them probably don't care to find your posts at all . If you want to find your posts, use Ctrl+F.
Old 2010-07-17, 01:55   Link #1347
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I don't know much about VA industry, but is it really the case that she would have trouble recording for two series at once? I can't imagine that they need seven days of recording time per episode, although there might be an overlap in the recording schedules. They are also making an assumption that the +Natural anime would still be running by the time the PCP anime gets into production - I think in today's market this would be rather unheard of.
Why not? +Natural started not too long before PCP, so I would expect the anime for +Natural would have been running for several months after PCP debuts on the small screens. Also, I think two manga authors with an anime that made global success would know more about it. Besides, it's their story set in a world they created, and it's set several years into the future compared to our time right now, so perhaps they're assuming the market in the future has changed compared to today's market. There's just no way of telling what is possible and what isn't at this stage.

Quote:
@Lamar
That's the height of arrogance and selfishness . You are not a unique and beautiful snowflake. There are other people reading these threads, and they don't care to find your posts this way. Most of them probably don't care to find your posts at all . If you want to find your posts, use Ctrl+F.
I agree with this. You're not the only poster here Lamar. Also, if you want to find your posts, just go to your profile > statistics > find all posts by this user.
Old 2010-07-17, 08:07   Link #1348
d3ad3r

It's nice to see that Mashiro can accept that the art was the fault of their position in rankings. Though his look intrigues me since he doesn't seem satisfied. Maybe he's just tired. Also good decision on his part to drop school and focus more on what seems to be his future income for the rest of his life.

PS: God that yellow looks awful.

Last edited by d3ad3r; 2010-07-17 at 08:09. Reason: forgot the b, u, i
Old 2010-07-17, 08:19   Link #1349
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ad3r View Post
It's nice to see that Mashiro can accept that the art was the fault of their position in rankings. Though his look intrigues me since he doesn't seem satisfied. Maybe he's just tired. Also good decision on his part to drop school and focus more on what seems to be his future income for the rest of his life.
Yes. Mashiro's always been self-critical so the fact that he can accept his faults as an artist are not too much of a surprise, and he will only improve now that he knows where he was making a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3ad3r View Post
PS: God that yellow looks awful.
All of it does. Do you really need to use a million colors for one post? You can't even read the last sentence.

(I kid, I know what you're trying to prove )
Old 2010-07-17, 09:48   Link #1350
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Why not? +Natural started not too long before PCP, so I would expect the anime for +Natural would have been running for several months after PCP debuts on the small screens.
Meaning +Natural would need to be a two-season anime at least for it to be a problem, probably three seasons even. Not many of these starting nowadays, but as you said it's not a given that the Bakuman anime industry reflects the current anime industry in Japan. Isn't the Crow anime still running after all this time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Also, I think two manga authors with an anime that made global success would know more about it.
I trust them as far as manga is concerned. Their actual involvement in the anime was most likely very small, and information flow to mangaka is generally very small also. Furthermore, appeal to authority is a logical fallacy
Old 2010-07-17, 10:27   Link #1351
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Meaning +Natural would need to be a two-season anime at least for it to be a problem, probably three seasons even. Not many of these starting nowadays, but as you said it's not a given that the Bakuman anime industry reflects the current anime industry in Japan. Isn't the Crow anime still running after all this time?
As far as I know, it hasn't been dropped, and the manga's clearly still ongoing. By its own time, it's likely to be as popular as Bleach was back in the day, and PCP will probably follow suit. I think that in the Bakumanverse, PCP and +Natural will be what Naruto and Bleach are respectively in our world.

Quote:
I trust them as far as manga is concerned. Their actual involvement in the anime was most likely very small, and information flow to mangaka is generally very small also. Furthermore, appeal to authority is a logical fallacy
Perhaps, but that still makes them more familiar with the anime industry than we are
Old 2010-07-17, 13:21   Link #1352
Xagzan

Since everyone's said everything I'd say about EijixIwase in this chapter, let me just add:

Shell. Cracked.

Great success Niizuma
Old 2010-07-17, 16:06   Link #1353
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Since everyone's said everything I'd say about EijixIwase in this chapter, let me just add:

Shell. Cracked.

Great success Niizuma
It'll be funny to she how she acts if she gets turned down in an awkward way again.
Old 2010-07-23, 07:19   Link #1354
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 95:
Old 2010-07-23, 07:51   Link #1355
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

great chapter. i guess they're sort of going into comics. american superhero comics have croosover chapters.

good development. great comedy. Eiji is stepping it up again. i guess everyone will be shocked including Fukada.
Old 2010-07-23, 08:01   Link #1356
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Man, the editors really need to get a life
Spoiler for 95:
Old 2010-07-23, 08:08   Link #1357
KLGChaos
The Shermain

So, does anyone think this manga is going to end with Ashirogi still being behind Eiji... possibly after a few more series are canceled? Anytime they even get close to him, he pulls ahead by a mile.
Old 2010-07-23, 08:09   Link #1358
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Man, the editors really need to get a life
Spoiler for 95:
Spoiler for 95:
Old 2010-07-23, 08:20   Link #1359
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Iwase was still blushing. It's gonna happen! You heard me calling it!

Next chapter clifhanger : IWASE PREGNANT AFTERALL? BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!
Old 2010-07-23, 08:42   Link #1360
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

why is Bakuman on hiatus next week? D:
I can't wait for two weeks
that's torture D:

Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen