AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-16, 09:48   Link #13741
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Go Yuki and Haruhi
Old 2007-11-16, 09:48   Link #13742
westbluef
The Jesting Fool

For me is SOS-dan day
Old 2007-11-16, 09:54   Link #13743
Lunariska
I eat your Cookiez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
I suggest holding your temper, what you said can put off HnG fans who wish to vote/support Mai.

@Today's match

My votes are Mai and Fate (as gratitude for Daneja voting Suiseseki earlier this day).
its mad dog. he has no common sense nor does he really know wth he's doing
wasn't there some forum option to completly ignore some user?
Old 2007-11-16, 09:57   Link #13744
yeye
I see.

voted double sos-dan.

anyway, here's two pics of yuki.

Spoiler for nsfw-ish:
Old 2007-11-16, 10:01   Link #13745
Mad Dog
Banned

I have edited my previous post if you guys haven't noticed.....
Old 2007-11-16, 10:04   Link #13746
Lunariska
I eat your Cookiez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
doesnt really change the fact that posting on a high-temper wave is proof of inmature ness.
at least, keep that stuff to irc, thats the right place to be inmature

voted for feito-chan and haruhi
Old 2007-11-16, 10:05   Link #13747
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Ok, my harvest turns out at 1569 Yuki images in a single 135MB .zip file. Starting to upload that to 4shared (no download queues, I doubt you guys can pound away all the rest of my monthly bandwidth allowance). I expect it to be done in an hour or maybe 2 at most. No idea when I'll be able to discern things into Elite and Epic categories.

Oh and if you're puzzling over "why are there so many images of Yuki with expressions? Isn't that out-of-character?", you're behind times (read: i.e. go seek Vol 4+ with Vol 3's "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" chapter as prologue).

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)

Last edited by Psieye; 2007-11-16 at 10:18.
Old 2007-11-16, 10:07   Link #13748
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Glad to hear that, I'm editing what I've quoted from your post then.

Hopefully Mai can get through today, though her chance is very slim.
Old 2007-11-16, 10:08   Link #13749
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

For some reason, I think of this line.

YUKI.N> 宇宙を手に入れたらみんなで・・・

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2007-11-16, 10:28   Link #13750
Mad Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
Glad to hear that, I'm editing what I've quoted from your post then.

Hopefully Mai can get through today, though her chance is very slim.
Slim's all she needs. Remember last week. She won by ONE vote. It doesn't get any slimmer than that!
Old 2007-11-16, 10:34   Link #13751
Maloncanth
Mercury Lampe Orden

I dunno what you guys are thinking. Do you all really think Mai is more moe, or is this just underdog syndrome? Haruhi is a solid second liner for me (after the defeat of our glorious inspirational leader, Suigintou, due to the perfidy of the horrible terrorist nazies etc etc ) now what I'm really boggled over is Feitoyuki...
Old 2007-11-16, 10:37   Link #13752
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Well, in my personal view, Mai is plenty Moe enough to take on Haruhi provided both series had equal mojo (i.e. same popularity, every voter is well aware of both shows) and they strictly adhered to "who is more Moe?" - assuming we're only considering S1 Haruhi

Then again, I'm voting Haruhi because I'm aware of her S2 and S3 forms (no they've not been animated yet) and - more importantly - a vote for Haruhi is a vote for Sasaki (see S3 when it comes out in maybe half a decade's time... or catch up to Vol 9) and S2 Tsuruya (Vol 7... assuming S2 will cover Vol 7).

From similar logic, even if I hadn't made that oath to vote Yuki no matter who she faces in a Moe tournament, a vote for Yuki is a vote for S2~3 Emiri and Kuyoh (S3).

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2007-11-16, 10:40   Link #13753
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloncanth View Post
I dunno what you guys are thinking. Do you all really think Mai is more moe, or is this just underdog syndrome? Haruhi is a solid second liner for me (after the defeat of our glorious inspirational leader, Suigintou, due to the perfidy of the horrible terrorist nazies etc etc ) now what I'm really boggled over is Feitoyuki...
I haven't watched a single episode of Haruhi. IDK her, so no reason to vote.
Finished Kanon and Kanon 2006, so my vote goes to Mai (can't be swayed).

Support mp3 for Fate:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/f51d10b7-f...ambition-(Full)
Old 2007-11-16, 10:41   Link #13754
Maloncanth
Mercury Lampe Orden

Okay I'm going with Fate. I've only gone S1 Haruhi but I've seen all of Nanoha. It's quite even for me, but Fate has been Gin's rival, so this will kindasorta be a vote in her memory or something, I dunno. And I'm not gonna spoil myself on Haruhi novels until Haruhi S2 comes out.
Old 2007-11-16, 10:46   Link #13755
Mad Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloncanth View Post
Do you all really think Mai is more moe, or is this just underdog syndrome?
I find her more moe than Haruhi by a long shot. All Haruhi does nothing but sit around and boss people around. Mai actually gets up and fights deamons every night. Plus given her silent but very caring personality i can't help but want her to win.

2 "moes" that i don't like are, silent and unemotional computers... err i mean dolls. (Not Rozen Madien Dolls BTW), and rich/bossy snobs. Mai doesn't fall under the silent unemotional doll type given that she just uses that as a frount to cover her very careing and somewhat tempermental nature. Haruhi defeniatly falls under the bossy snob type though. If she had alot of money she defenatly would make the perfect spoiled rich girl snob moe like Nagi from HnG.
Old 2007-11-16, 10:52   Link #13756
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Yuki Full Ammo pack uploaded. Not sure when I'll have that filtered into "Epic" and "Elite" for ease of campaigning, but you've got everything I gathered in the last 2 days.

Quote:
I'm not gonna spoil myself on Haruhi novels until Haruhi S2 comes out.
Mmm... I can certainly see the logic of "I won't spoil myself for the anime by reading ahead on the original material". But to me, it's the opposite: "I'm spoiling myself by watching the anime, as it's just a lower-grade 'preview' to the Novels" - is why I don't mind ZnT II being 'crap', nor do I have much problem with Shana II being slow right now.

Besides, having read the Novel in advance brings a new thing to look for in the anime - how certain scenes are executed, what extras they put in, what they just couldn't do. I'd read TSR's material in advance yet hardly felt I was spoilt as the anime had to do things differently - e.g. a very slow start (novel started right from the mafia car chase scene in Ep 5~6-ish) and developing the twins & Gates (who were throwaway characters in the novel).

By the time S2 of the anime becomes a reality, we'll probably be clamouring for S4 to be animated ^^;;

Old 2007-11-16, 11:04   Link #13757
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

since haruhi will obviously win, i voted mai.

and nagato, too.
Old 2007-11-16, 11:05   Link #13758
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
I find her more moe than Haruhi by a long shot. All Haruhi does nothing but sit around and boss people around. Mai actually gets up and fights deamons every night. Plus given her silent but very caring personality i can't help but want her to win.

2 "moes" that i don't like are, silent and unemotional computers... err i mean dolls. (Not Rozen Madien Dolls BTW), and rich/bossy snobs. Mai doesn't fall under the silent unemotional doll type given that she just uses that as a frount to cover her very careing and somewhat tempermental nature. Haruhi defeniatly falls under the bossy snob type though. If she had alot of money she defenatly would make the perfect spoiled rich girl snob moe like Nagi from HnG.
Mai is still kind and caring even after all the sad things in her life. Doing that thankless task of fighting demons every night. Silent+caring personality=win.
Old 2007-11-16, 11:18   Link #13759
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Hmm, I assign Mai Moe slightly differently.
Spoiler for In case people haven't seen Kanon 2k6:
Yeah you can tell I've no problem if Mai wins this fight. It's Yuki I'm concerned about, but I won't be surprised if she loses - effectively both Fate and Yuki have had 3 'seasons' of development but the majority of people refuse to read "S2~3" of Yuki at this present time. Sure I've done what I can for Yuki support, but I won't be too happy even if she wins as people are voting based on only her S1 material and doujin images. Most doujin images are at S2 or 3 now anyway, so it's effectiveness is reduced for anime-only viewers.

Old 2007-11-16, 11:24   Link #13760
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Based on the support material, It's not looking good for poor Fate-chan. Support material doesn't always conclude the winner, but shes pretty far behind in that respect. Mai however, is being completely dominated by Haruhi Support, It's almost too disheartening to look at. I fear for the results when I wake up tommorow. SHnY popularity is just too much for characters of not very well known series and they had to make it worse by throwing the Yuki/Haruhi combo their way. Even if Fate-chan is a juggernaut, I'm starting to think that it won't be enough to upset Yuki... and Mai is just being used as fuel to the fire.