Notices

Old 2008-09-24, 06:13   Link #13761
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox822 View Post
Oh wow, giving away your jacket?
From Lelouch's part, putting his jacket on the girl of the shoulders of the girl who left him at the end of S1 can have only two meanings.

1) he cares about her
2) he needed to cover her skin or he could not have been able to restrain his primal needs while in front of her in her rather revaling bunny outfit.

...I guess it's both ;P

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 06:16   Link #13762
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
From Lelouch's part, putting his jacket on the girl of the shoulders of the girl who left him at the end of S1 can have only two meanings.

1) he cares about her
2) he needed to cover her skin or he could not have been able to restrain his primal needs while in front of her in her rather revaling bunny outfit.

...I guess it's both ;P
Loved the dere reaction when he did that, i so wanted to hug her. Also her OTT reaction to the "how long are you going to be dressed like that" comment was also hilarious.

He sure knows how to defuse a bad situation/put her at ease.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 06:17   Link #13763
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:

1) he cares about her

...I guess it's both ;P
3) covering her modesty because he's a gentleman? lol
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 06:17   Link #13764
equinox822

Quote:

1) he cares about her

...I guess it's both ;P
Giving away your jacket to a female is common courtesy. She was probably quite cold in that bunny outfit. He gave his cloak to C.C. and Euphemia earlier as well. If you're going to bring up trivial things like that in your arguments for a ship, then I can't begin to imagine the significance you might assign to other, more pressing scenes.
equinox822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 06:18   Link #13765
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox822 View Post
Giving away your jacket to a female is common courtesy. She was probably quite cold in that bunny outfit.
Yes, but then again, the conversation beforehand and also the way he reacted in latter episodes can mean that he does care for her enough.
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 06:30   Link #13766
Syphen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
In discussion with another member of the boards, I did get hit with a possible epiphany if you would. Let us consider a new idea. I will first lay down the foundations. Lelouch, is for the most part, dense when it comes to inter-personal relationships. I'm guessing his parents never quite taught him how to go about doing it correctly. So, for the most part, Lelouch is rather emotionally repressed when it comes to dealing with the opposite gender in a way that is non-platonic.

Now wait Kir44n you say! Lelouch has said he loved Euphy and he might have like shirley (up until the mind wipe). Ah, but both of these examples are, for the most part, statements made in retrospect. And god knows we all can see 20x better in retrospect than we can at the time. And heres the thing about retrospect. You tend not to panic over it because when your analysing something in retrospect, its typically far enough behind you that you can't do anything to change the outcome. So in both instances, Lelouch is far enough removed that emotionally, he can make these statements.

So what is my idea/speculation that I'm building up? Lelouch is afraid. Yes. Emperor of half the known world. Leader of Revolutions. Designer of horrible clothes and epic hats. Complete pussyfoot when push comes to shove in present-tense Romance.

Now, we have Lelouch planning to completely own the world with Zero Requiem, and he knows an epic showdown with Schneizel is planned. Both things will require his full time and devotion to fulfilling. Combine with emotional stunting previously mentioned. Then have him realize the woman he likes happens to like him back (assumption, but of course, this is a speculation). And this idea scares him. He's only known he's liked women in retrospect before. But he knows he likes this girl now. And if he recipricates, well thats a whole new can of worms. Theres some level of committment, shit, what happens if things go wrong, etc.

Basically, if he recipricates, he'd be heading down an emotional track he can't really afford to go down at the present moment because he's got his hands full with saving the world and starting zero requiem and designing awesome hats.

And so, instead of doing something smart, he delays his answer till next thursday, when he can dedicate his full emotional attention on this new dilemma ^^.

i get the feeling that lelouch can't confess his love because of his love for kallen. he's entered the oh so familiar self punishment mode that we've seen suzaku play all series and i think he feels that kallen deserves better or doesn't want kallen to isolate herself for his sake. this isn't to say that it's the only reason, but i sense that it's playing a role in his emotional detachment.

recall back to when suzaku questions lelouch before the use of the first FLEIA, he was admitting sins that he had not fully committed, shouldering the guilty in the hopes that suzaku would take care of nunnally. this was a turning point for lelouch's character, as he previously justified his actions as means to an end but now chooses to simply shoulder all the blame himself, no longer defending himself by claiming it's for a greater good.
Syphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 06:31   Link #13767
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybear View Post
I know lelouch doesn't give a damn about her so. She been always the woman who angry about being dumped.
This is based on what? If Lelouch's outburst for saving Kallen seems trivial, inviting her to return to Ashford Academy seems trivial, you could also pay attention to the extended next episode previews narrated by Lelouch from his pov where it's pretty obvious he cares about kallen, though no one can say for sure to what extent.

If you want to argue against a Kalulu shipping that's fine, but a better place for that would be the romance thread. If you dislike Kallen's character, that's fine, write a post and explain which of her actions bothered you so that we can have a nice discussion.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 07:15   Link #13768
honeypie_0106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito
....you could also pay attention to the extended next episode previews narrated by Lelouch from his pov where it's pretty obvious he cares about kallen, though no one can say for sure to what extent.
I understand not a word in japanese, so could you please explain how it was obvious that he still cares about Kallen..?

Thanks. My heart says Kalulu, but my head just tells me to watch Macross F.
honeypie_0106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 07:34   Link #13769
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
People....People.....Don't mention the song again I beg you....
I'm feeling bad that this supposed excerption is technically Pandora's box.

And please, never ever use Aishiteru on friends you don't intend to sleep with.

BTW, depression in the Kallen/Kalulu fandom is right now all over the world.
The ZeroQ1 thread is full of "I need refrain/sake/wine."
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 07:59   Link #13770
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
"Aishiteru" is used not only for lovers, but even for siblings, friends. "Aishiteru" means a very strong love.
I know Lelouch has used 愛 for Nunally, but the word in and of itself is rarely used aside from lovers and at times parents to their children. Never to friends, and almost never to siblings (siscon's aside). It is an incredibly strong word, similar to Spanish's 'te amo', a word rarely used but one that carriers a large amount of meaning. 好き is the far more common used word and carries far less meaning, for instance how Kallen questions C.C..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
People....People.....Don't mention the song again I beg you....
I'm feeling bad that this supposed excerption is technically Pandora's box.

Pandora's box? The character songs aren't all that long, that excerpt is a pretty large chunk of the song, though, I suppose, I could see it being a hilarious Pandora's box with the rest of the song going on about 'now I've found someone else'.

Still better than Macross F shipping fandom.
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 08:10   Link #13771
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post

Pandora's box? The character songs aren't all that long, that excerpt is a pretty large chunk of the song, though, I suppose, I could see it being a hilarious Pandora's box with the rest of the song going on about 'now I've found someone else'.
By Pandora's box I mean that the excerpt (and me who posted it) are guilty for the recent wars in the Kallen thread, sigh....
Old 2008-09-24, 08:18   Link #13772
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie_0106 View Post
I understand not a word in japanese, so could you please explain how it was obvious that he still cares about Kallen..?

Thanks. My heart says Kalulu, but my head just tells me to watch Macross F.
Various specific episode threads had translations. I don't remember what was said at the moment nor have the time to dig through the posts, maybe someone else has the translations (I vaguely remember him mentioning saving Kallen when she was captured amonst other things, but her name was mentioned on ocassions, which wouldn't be the case if he didn't care).

P.S to Tael &co: See my tag regarding what I think about Macross F...
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 08:36   Link #13773
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Now todally in SPARTA mode...
Kalulu kiss with a BGM titled "Nunnally" .....
Old 2008-09-24, 09:18   Link #13774
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post

Over a fictional pairing?

...Man.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 09:21   Link #13775
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post

...Man.
It's more about the character than the pairing. *faints*
And hatred towards a fictional character and the urgency to express it where most of her fans gather is also universal. LOL.
Old 2008-09-24, 09:22   Link #13776
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post

...Man.
We're dorks. And we're proud of it. lol
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 09:24   Link #13777
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Everyone knows that the depression is unfounded as Kallen is meant for Lelouch.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 09:26   Link #13778
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Everyone knows that the depression is unfounded as Kallen is meant for Lelouch.
Yeah, issue is, who is Lelouch meant for? XD
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 09:29   Link #13779
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
Yeah, issue is, who is Lelouch meant for? XD
Omelette his majesty!

OK, back to Kallen.
What if lelouch answers Kallen gumline with this(forgive my poor grammar):

Aishiteimasu...Kimi mo. Nunnally mo. C.C. mo. Shirley mo.Kaa-san mo. Suzaku mo.
Minna subete ore no harem ni haeri nasai!
Old 2008-09-24, 09:30   Link #13780
Dream_Traveller
Banned

I'm not too sure if he loves his mother now...
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote