AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-30, 15:06   Link #1361
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
here's something fun

Here's the Hanasaku Iroha ANN page take a look at who's credited with "backrounds"

PA Works seems to be getting back on the right track when it comes to designs
ok that just makes my argument much more valid
and i wouldt judge those redgirl designs before the anime key visuals
anyways, i dont think we could say JC does bad animation, they have done some crappy things but in general they are good by industry standards, they usually fail adapting the stories, and for me they usually fall to convey the emotion and motive of the story/characters.
Old 2012-07-30, 15:09   Link #1362
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
they usually fail adapting the stories, and for me they usually fall to convey the emotion and motive of the story/characters.
...which is mostly the job of the writer, and it's important to note that the writer they have here has never written any J.C. Staff shows, and doesn't work for J.C. Staff...

/thread loop
Old 2012-07-30, 15:23   Link #1363
maximilianjenus
[E]

I feel like it's summer again.

If someone thinks that my post was exagerated it's because I also think that the difference in quality between jc staff and kyoani has been seriously blown out of proportion, I could understand if it was deen but jc staff is above average and definitely better suited than studios like ufo table, satelight, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Fair enough. To be technically correct we can call it the 1.5 sides of the fence. Still the whole point is that this thread has become a super inflated byzantine discussion about a product that doesn't even exist. It's kind of a fair point to make comments on the released posters and the trailers that are out so far, but to be fair plenty of studios change the artstyle/animation detail between the teaser release and the actual episode release, so even that point is moot to an extent.

So if this was a religious/atheist discussion I'd be the apatheist who believes the discussion shouldn't exist in the first place.
yeah, that's the fun part of this, peopple are comparing the non existing, kyoani version of little busters to one pv.
Old 2012-07-30, 15:30   Link #1364
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Not to mention that this
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
...which is mostly the job of the writer, and it's important to note that the writer they have here has never written any J.C. Staff shows, and doesn't work for J.C. Staff...

/thread loop
can apply for most of the production staff behind LB. At least wait for an episode or two before making silly comparisons. I know I'm waiting before I compare Yamakawa Yoshiki to Nagai Tatsuyuki .

Edit: On the other hand, hopefully people don't think that the only reason people would have to be dissatisfied with the PV is because they're comparing it to what they imagine KyoAni might have done.

Last edited by OceanBlue; 2012-07-30 at 16:01.
Old 2012-07-30, 15:31   Link #1365
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
ok that just makes my argument much more valid.
Just to be clear,I wasn't trying to invalidate your point
And for red data girl I thought those were animation designs (since they look different from the ones on the novel cover) but maybe I'm mistaking

Quote:
/thread loop
It'd been a while,I was starting to worry

Last edited by totoum; 2012-07-30 at 15:46.
Old 2012-07-30, 15:39   Link #1366
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Okay well...would you care to tell us why you cried exactly?
Well here are the trailers so that people can see for themselves.

Spoiler for for size:

So this trailer looks close to the Air trailer in animation quality imo.

Last edited by orion; 2012-07-30 at 15:51.
Old 2012-07-30, 15:58   Link #1367
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:

/thread loop
certainly a good writing has a huge impact on how the story turns overall, but its also important the way they potray a scene and good music direction, at least in the music department its other thing i trust JC,
Old 2012-07-30, 18:11   Link #1368
Kamiorika

I just think people should keep realistic expectations. This PV is, in my opinion, really well done considering it's from JC Staff. But if you go into Little Busters knowing it's by JC Staff and are expecting Hyouka-quality, then you will be disappointed.
Old 2012-07-30, 18:34   Link #1369
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
And Air is from seven years ago.
Old 2012-07-30, 18:38   Link #1370
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
yeah, that's the fun part of this, peopple are comparing the non existing, kyoani version of little busters to one pv.
This is no different than if The Hobbit wasn't made by Peter Jackson in NewZealand with Weta. And as such the fans spending the rest of the days wondering what the film could have been.

We are not comparing the LB PV with something the doesn't exist; we are comparing the LB PV with current KyoAni PVs.

No, we will not be able to imagine what a full KyoAni LB series would be like. But we can imagine the PV. They make insane PVs that are simply not equalled anywhere.

Old 2012-07-30, 18:42   Link #1371
tsunade666

I have read (mostly scan) through 80+ post since I last post but the thing can be summarized into JC Staff is bad news and other studio is better and they should do it.

And its only a pv yet >_>

Is it possible to get a sub group before the anime airs?
Old 2012-07-30, 18:47   Link #1372
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I have read (mostly scan) through 80+ post since I last post but the thing can be summarized into JC Staff is bad news and other studio is better and they should do it.

And its only a pv yet >_>

Is it possible to get a sub group before the anime airs?
I'm betting my right hand that Little Busters! will be one of the most subbed animes in recorded history.

Mazui, UTW, Doki, etc will surely be on the job.

Arturia

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-07-30, 19:59   Link #1373
maximilianjenus
[E]

yeah, a friend told me "I just hope LB gets a good sub" and I was like smiling at his innocence.
Old 2012-07-30, 20:17   Link #1374
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
yeah, a friend told me "I just hope LB gets a good sub" and I was like smiling at his innocence.
Yeah considering there's still some shows that I've been wanting to see for the longest time and would jump at the chance to buy in my own language let alone have served for me I can't say I'm having an especially easy time feeling Little Busters fans apparent pain here. I hope I don't have to pull old man hear and talk about how things were when i first started anime and how often I counted my blessings.
Old 2012-07-31, 03:24   Link #1375
leokiko

I hope Crunchyroll gets this, actually. It would give me more reasons to pay them.
Old 2012-07-31, 05:17   Link #1376
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
We are not comparing the LB PV with something the doesn't exist; we are comparing the LB PV with current KyoAni PVs.

No, we will not be able to imagine what a full KyoAni LB series would be like. But we can imagine the PV. They make insane PVs that are simply not equalled anywhere.
Just Smh @ this entire post. You're comparing a Promo Video of a TV series produced by J.C Staff to a Promo Video of an Animation Company promoting themselves. Isn't the difference between them obvious? There's no TV series for those 2 KyoAni PVs you linked to air in 2 months time where the animation level would be expected to match that. A realistic comparison would be the PVs for Hyouka not to mention the previous KyoAni/Key teamsups (that Orion did), not 30 seconds of KyoAni, showing off.

Quote:
they usually fail adapting the stories, and for me they usually fall to convey the emotion and motive of the story/characters.
Exactly, people acting like this needs godlike animation doesn't exactly give me much confidence in the characters or plot of the show... and I'm more concerned in that regard when it comes to J.C Staff... though it's not like they haven't had some adaptions that were spot on, even to the point of putting Hayate season 1 fans off with the difference from the prior adaption.

Last edited by Westlo; 2012-07-31 at 05:34.
Old 2012-07-31, 06:41   Link #1377
Bambasa
Lazy to the extreme

Well, their new PV doesn't look like there's going to be any problem animation-wise. Although we still don't know what kind of adaptation will it be. By the way, has anyone mentioned anything about the length of this series? That would be a better measure to judge its quality.
Old 2012-07-31, 07:57   Link #1378
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Key said that it was going to be long so we'll get at least 24 episodes I assume. Or possibly more.
Old 2012-07-31, 09:49   Link #1379
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well here are the trailers so that people can see for themselves.

Spoiler for for size:

Wow... I actually forgot how awesome Kanon really looked like overall. That was some sweet background work and lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Does someone want to explain to me why this is such a tough project that needs a tremendous amount of talent to satisfy the fans? I mean I know that the Key fanbase is incredibly hardcore and demanding on a level I've never really seen before, but why is it that the production efforts behind Little Busters must and I mean MUST be at this certain level that IMO looks almost unattainable. I just can't help but feel that people are being completely ridicuous about this. How is it that people are so absolutely certain based off of one teaser trailer. I'm genuinely trying to get an idea of what people are going off of and would appreciate an answer that doesn't involve the angle of "because Kyoani is not doing it".
If you were present when it got announced, I'm pretty sure you'll notice that a lot of the fans are pissed about the foreboding news for the reason that JC Staff's reputation hasn't been too good lately. Their quality in work wobbles so much in their recent works that it's so glaring. Which begged the question for a lot of the fans, "Why J.C. Staff and not other studios with a good track record?"

Now if you're gonna make that huge generalization and call it fact then we've got to thank that general notion of KyoAni fan's of yours.

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-07-31 at 10:11.
Old 2012-07-31, 10:31   Link #1380
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I just watched the LB! Trailer.

On the whole, I think it's pretty good.

The characters look great, in pretty much every way. The bright colors and lighting affects displayed is very good. JC Staff is clearly putting real effort into this work.

Now, my one concern with the trailer is that parts of it look a bit too... streamlined, maybe? Basic, maybe? It's hard to put my tongue on it, but there's something about the backgrounds (and especially sky shots) that makes it feel like it's missing something to me.

But ultimately, that's far, far less important than getting the characters and overall visual style right, and I think JC Staff nailed that.

Honestly, it looks pretty good to me.

Tags
anime game, little busters