AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-27, 16:18   Link #1361
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Added some more stuff, but it's mainly what we already know. Someone who's certified in JPLT2 could do better of course.

So to summarize:

* (Saishūkai wa gen'an to wa chigauga story wa mamotte iru. Michisuji ga chigau.): Confirming that what we got for the ending wasn't how the draft for the finale started out as.
* (Troyard hakase wa kanzen ni chikyūjin): Dr. Troyard is a natural-born Terran, more or less.
* (Hime no hahaoya wa hime o unde suku nakunatta): Asseylum's mother died giving birth to her.
* (Slaine wa motomoto motto yashin no aru hito. Ima wa kokoro no barechatta hito de yori dokoro wa hime). I'm not sure about the second part, but the first part is more or less "Slaine was originally supposed to be a much more ambitious character. But right now his heart's too broken up because of the princess". Not accurate, but close I think.
* (Ichi-ki ni dasena katta nōryoku no robo wa niki de dete kuru): Context required, but something about the abilities of the robot being kept secret for the first part, then only revealed in the second half.
* (7-Wa no saigo Marito-tai ga utsu yotei da. Daga producer no no hitokoto de Rayet ni.) Episode 7's final shot should have been done by Marito, but the producers decided it would be done by Rayett instead.
* (Saishūkai ni niki no hinto ga ippai atta). The gist is "The final episode has full of hints for the second cour you goddamned blind fools!"
* (Hime wa shōsoku fumei de shinda to wa iwa rete inai). It's not stated if the princess is dead or not, its just that her whereabouts are unknown
* (Inaho wa ano ato sugu ni mukutto okiru koto wa dekinai. Ano jōtaida to shinde shimaimasu.) Inaho wouldn't have been able to get up (after Slaine shot him). Plus he'd just die immediately if he tried.
Old 2014-09-27, 16:26   Link #1362
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
We really need a much better translation, and I don't know why he would spoil any surprises for the next season considering how coy he was in previous interviews.

I truly hope not, this show will go a lot farther down in my esteem if Inaho and/or the princess is still alive. I can't stand that kind of stuff. The princess is really ridiculous at this point after "killing" her 3 times, and she has no point to the story anymore. And Inaho, sigh...I really just hope they both stay dead.
I guess some fans of the series won't be happy if Inaho survives. Inaho is such mix bag for the fans some fans like myself like Inaho and some like yourself really couldn't give two corns about him but whatever evrybody has a right to like and not a character.
Old 2014-09-27, 16:35   Link #1363
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Inaho wouldn't have been able to get up (after Slaine shot him). Plus he'd just die immediately if he tried.
That is such a nonsensical statement if Inaho is dead. So unless this person just couldn't commit for whatever petty reason to say that Inaho's dead, I think it's safe to say that he's in a coma right now, but still alive.
Old 2014-09-27, 16:45   Link #1364
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I think "he'd just die in that condition" is a much more closer translation to あの状態だと死んでしまいます, but that's just me.
Old 2014-09-27, 17:14   Link #1365
monster

Now that makes more sense.
Old 2014-09-27, 17:34   Link #1366
jpwong

Quote:
* (Troyard hakase wa kanzen ni chikyūjin): Dr. Troyard is a natural-born Terran, more or less.
Only more or less? Does that mean he's part alien
Old 2014-09-27, 17:54   Link #1367
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
That is such a nonsensical statement if Inaho is dead. So unless this person just couldn't commit for whatever petty reason to say that Inaho's dead, I think it's safe to say that he's in a coma right now, but still alive.
No it's not. If he had attempted to move, Slaine would have fired a second shot or more shots which would have killed him. You saw how he peppered Saazbaum. It has nothing to do with being in a coma. If he is alive and we found out that he intentionally played dead , then we have another correct decision from Inaho.

Better to play dead and wait for reinforcements to rescue you or conveniently be unconscious by the choice of the animators since Slaine is not going to check a pulse and then fire a second round into Inaho's head.
Old 2014-09-27, 18:06   Link #1368
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
No it's not. If he had attempted to move, Slaine would have fired a second shot or more shots which would have killed him. You saw how he peppered Saazbaum. It has nothing to do with being in a coma. If he is alive and we found out that he intentionally played dead , then we have another correct decision from Inaho.

Better to play dead and wait for reinforcements to rescue you or conveniently be unconscious by the choice of the animators since Slaine is not going to check a pulse and then fire a second round into Inaho's head.
I don't think you understand what I said.

I'm saying that if Inaho is supposed to be dead, then it doesn't make any sense to say that he will die if he moves. That statement only makes sense if Inaho is still alive to be able to get up in the first place.
Old 2014-09-27, 18:41   Link #1369
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
We really need a much better translation, and I don't know why he would spoil any surprises for the next season considering how coy he was in previous interviews.
Quote:
Added some more stuff, but it's mainly what we already know. Someone who's certified in JPLT2 could do better of course.
Listening to the show now, and there's quite a lot of interesting information, such as Inaho and Yuki's background (God, I wish I'd said something that came to my mind when people were complaining about his character around the middle of the series, because I ended up being right about that!).

It'll be a while more before I finish though, because there's something else I want to watch

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-09-27, 18:53   Link #1370
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Hey, just translating. XD Apparently though there was a segment of watchers that believed that Slaine was just that bad a shot that Inaho was just grazed.
There are degrees of grazing. Obviously it didn't simply cut Inaho's skin, but it could have grazed his skull, knocking him out and giving him a serious enough wound that he would die without immediate treatment even if it didn't penetrate his brain. That would be fully consistent with what Aoki said.

A true grazing shot that did minimal head damage is probably what hit Asseylum.
Old 2014-09-27, 19:19   Link #1371
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
There are degrees of grazing. Obviously it didn't simply cut Inaho's skin, but it could have grazed his skull, knocking him out and giving him a serious enough wound that he would die without immediate treatment even if it didn't penetrate his brain. That would be fully consistent with what Aoki said.

A true grazing shot that did minimal head damage is probably what hit Asseylum.
Yup. Incidentally, I've recently had a conversation with someone who gave first aid for a serious head wound, and the bleeding was such that that person would have bled out in maybe 15-20 minutes if left alone. That's from a wound that wouldn't have gone through the skull. And the pool of blood was pretty big too - I saw the stains it left.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-09-27, 20:20   Link #1372
Fjoergyn

We could speculate that slaine can activate Aldnoah because his dad was an ancient alien

No mention of his mother xD
Old 2014-09-27, 20:31   Link #1373
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
We could speculate that slaine can activate Aldnoah because his dad was an ancient alien

No mention of his mother xD
While I had speculated that Slaine was actually secretly Asseylum's brother or something, him being part alien would be another interesting area to speculate. I mean, I'm guessing that all of the aliens that made Aldnoah would probably have all the rights to it, so it makes sense.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-09-27, 20:48   Link #1374
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Listening to the show now, and there's quite a lot of interesting information, such as Inaho and Yuki's background (God, I wish I'd said something that came to my mind when people were complaining about his character around the middle of the series, because I ended up being right about that!).

It'll be a while more before I finish though, because there's something else I want to watch
Can you share those information about Inaho's background with us please?

I want to know so badly.

Last edited by HtwoN; 2014-09-27 at 21:01.
Old 2014-09-27, 21:33   Link #1375
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Can you share those information about Inaho's background with us please?

I want to know so badly.
Yes please share your knowledge with us so we can be inlighten
Old 2014-09-27, 21:51   Link #1376
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Omatase...

Ok, I love it when directors appear on radio shows, because they provide so much food for thought! But I swear...I've gotta be crazy...that must have taken me 3 hours this morning...

First, a few clarifications:

Quote:
* (Slaine wa motomoto motto yashin no aru hito. Ima wa kokoro no orechatta hito de yori dokoro wa hime). => Slaine was originally someone more ambitious, but the Slaine we ended up making is someone who's spirit is broken, and who's only solace is the princess.
* (Ichi-ki ni dasena katta nōryoku no robo wa niki de dete kuru): There are some robot abilities that we came up with but haven't used, which may appear in S2.
* (Inaho wa ano ato sugu ni mukutto okiru koto wa dekinai. Ano jōtaida to shinde shimaimasu.) Inaho wouldn't have been able to get up (after Slaine shot him). Plus he'd just die immediately if he tried. <= I'm not sure what I should say about this one. Please read the full translation of that section below...
And onto the radio itself (from 06:30 to ~35:00). The first part I've summarised/translated is just Amamiya and Minase asking Aoki questions. After an interlude where they decide Aoki's Vers name, the second part has him answering a couple of questions sent in by viewers.

NB: Please don't take these as exact translations of the whole thing, because I didn't parse every single line...

And without further ado...

Radio #14

TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

NB: One thing I noticed is that Aoki didn't confirm or deny Minase's point about the bullet not penetrating Inaho's head. If that's the case, then what I've been saying about headwounds (e.g. above) is highly relevant....

- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2014-10-02 at 23:57.
Old 2014-09-27, 22:17   Link #1377
Thess

Quote:
Omatase...

Ok, I love it when directors appear on radio shows, because they provide so much food for thought! But I swear...I've gotta be crazy...that must have taken me 3 hours this morning...

And onto the radio itself (from 06:30 to ~35:00). The first part I've summarised/translated is just Amamiya and Minase asking Aoki questions. After an interlude where they decide Aoki's Vers name, the second part has him answering a couple of questions sent in by viewers.

NB: Please don't take these as exact translations of the whole thing, because I didn't parse every single line...

Radio #14

TL;DR…

NB: One thing I noticed is that Aoki didn't confirm or deny Minase's point about the bullet not penetrating Inaho's head. If that's the case, then what I've been saying about headwounds (e.g. above) is highly relevant....
Inaho sounds like a goner, too bad Asseylum might live for a third time Do you have the transcript, karice? My headphones are busted and I want to have transcripts for all the Aoki Ei interviews to archive.

The bullet did penetrate his head, though, he didn't need to confirm it because it was animated. Whether it penetrated his brain or not, that's another matter entirely.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-27, 22:23   Link #1378
Mikethemaster

Well thank for translating this interview so Aoki being as tight lip as he can be with Inaho fate he putting both options out of Inaho dying and him being alive but barely. The voice actress really love Slaine alot a bet they brought the Slaine mercentize day one. Asseylum VA likes Inaho too but not much as Slaine. I wounder if they have Slaine Pillows too. I wounder if Aoki and Co feel betrayed in a sense with Gen he pretty much saying he don't want nothing to do with Aldnoah Zero at all and trying wipe his hand clean of the mess he made. It like a father doing the tango and after he finds out the mother with child he boltz out of their live and never looks back. Inaho character was well thought out not that well excuted on TV.
Old 2014-09-27, 22:25   Link #1379
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Inaho sounds like a goner, too bad Asseylum might live for a third time Do you have the transcript, karice? My headphones are busted and I want to have transcripts for all the Aoki Ei interviews to archive.

The bullet did penetrate his head, though, he didn't need to confirm it because it was animated. Whether it penetrated his brain or not, that's another matter entirely.
No transcript. I just listened to the darned thing...

And to me, penetrating the head means penetrating the skull/brain - I'd say Minase meant it in that way as well.

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-09-27, 22:33   Link #1380
HtwoN

Quote:
Omatase...

Radio #14

TL;DR…

Thank you!!! You are the reincarnation of God. You are so kind.
Closed Thread