Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-05-27, 20:47   Link #1361
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
EMT is "Emilia-tan, maji tenshi", or "Emilia-tan, seriously an angel".
I tend to translate it in my head simply as "Emilia-tan Truly Angelic"
Old 2016-05-27, 21:32   Link #1362
Cicili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Ep 9 Preview. It's one of the more spoilerish kind again, so view at your own risk.

Spoiler for the preivew:

Well yeah the smell isn't a good thing. But that's seems to be more because of what it represents than smell itself. It's like have a calling card or sign hanging on bluntly saying "Yeah man, I'm pretty much Witch's minion!"
Woah, huge spoiler in the preview.

So i guess we don't need to place bets on who placed the curse now.

And next episode is going to be great.

Last edited by Cicili; 2016-05-27 at 21:50.
Old 2016-05-28, 07:03   Link #1363
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
I can only hear Myon-myon-myon~
The Japanese YouTube comments are hilarious! I at first was like what hell are they saying? Until I realized they were mimicking the VA.

Huh, well now this pretty cool. Overlord's LN artist so-bin did some Emilia fanart:

https://twitter.com/soubin/status/735236674301485056

More fan art stuff:
Old 2016-05-28, 10:49   Link #1364
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
E.M.T. indeed That's the actual title of this piece, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
And that is why Subaru is much more likable when he's busy trying to not get killed than during his leisure time.
I know Subaru can be annoying sometimes, but its unfair to chastise him simply for telling the truth
Old 2016-05-28, 11:25   Link #1365
Iron Maw
Banned

For what it is worth, E.M.T seems to be a pretty popular phase among the fandom and general anime fans if twitter and pixiv are anything to go by. There also the newly coined B.M.T that's catching a bit of steaming too.
Old 2016-05-28, 15:15   Link #1366
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
For what it is worth, E.M.T seems to be a pretty popular phase among the fandom and general anime fans if twitter and pixiv are anything to go by. There also the newly coined B.M.T that's catching a bit of steaming too.
Ironically it is the T in EMT, which makes her so popular, is exactly why I don't trust her one bit.
She is, random the semi tsundere thing in EP 1 aside, far too much of a flawless angel. To quote one of the other people in here 'I'm getting Nashetanya vibes here'.

The other thing is that her earlier personality and the one in this arc seem to be almost completely different.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-05-28, 15:55   Link #1367
R.LocK
My turn

Uh, yeah? People behave themselves quite differently in different situations.

Here, her only source of worries is Subaru compared to the situation in the capital when she had to do get back the insignia, risk her life by getting into the slums in her pretty clothes and do it incognito.
Old 2016-05-28, 16:03   Link #1368
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Uh, yeah? People behave themselves quite differently in different situations.

Here, her only source of worries is Subaru compared to the situation in the capital when she had to do get back the insignia, risk her life by getting into the slums in her pretty clothes and do it incognito.
I'm not specifically referring to the picture here. Its really just part of her general overall 'too perfect to be true' thing.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-05-28, 16:08   Link #1369
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I've been seeing a lot of new acronyms here.
Old 2016-05-28, 16:16   Link #1370
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I'm not specifically referring to the picture here. Its really just part of her general overall 'too perfect to be true' thing.
I dunno about that. She did outright lie/deceive Subaru in one loop which isn't exactly an angelic/perfect quality last I checked. Emilia's kind person in general, but it's pretty clear she tends to build a wall between herself and others which leads to her acting differently depending on she is with. To those she does befriend however she a lot more causal much less standoffish.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-05-28 at 16:36.
Old 2016-05-28, 21:19   Link #1371
whitecloud

Quote:
I dunno about that. She did outright lie/deceive Subaru in one loop which isn't exactly an angelic/perfect quality last I checked. Emilia's kind person in general, but it's pretty clear she tends to build a wall between herself and others which leads to her acting differently depending on she is with. To those she does befriend however she a lot more causal much less standoffish.
thus the suspicion that she is satella or will be one in the far future, even if she not know it...there are other that suggest the current witch of envy that plaguing subaru is from alternate future timeline or original timeline just like what happen in steins gate in which subaru is dead for some reason and emilia gone crazy because of it...sending her psyche to the past like okabe
Old 2016-05-28, 23:28   Link #1372
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Yeah, I think there is a difference between being a good person and being perfect. Emilia seems to be a type that does put up walls like that and actually requires making extravagant reasons for being altruistic. She can't just see someone in trouble and help them, she has to rationalize it to maintain that wall.

Plus being altruistic can be a flaw in itself. Look at Subaru's situation. If he was more selfish, he could get himself out of this situation. Being unable to turn a blind eye can waste your time and divert you from what you need to be doing.

Right now the situation is that Subaru risked his life to save Emilia. Likely relates to her background, but to her that's probably a very large debt. So in her own way she's trying to thank Subaru and that changes depending on the situation. Here he looked utterly traumatized. Hearing what she heard from Puck it's no wonder she had to try something. But the most she could really do was use stock phrases for comforting someone "are you tired, are you troubled, it's been rough, hasn't it?" After all, a couple days ago he was nearly disemboweled. And really she doesn't know anything about Subaru's background so for all she knows he's got a lot of trauma built up from before they even met.

I do actually think the theory that Satella is some kind of future version of Emilia or maybe one from another timeline/dimension is solid. I just don't think there is anything dark or conspiracy worthy about this Emilia right now.
Old 2016-05-29, 05:05   Link #1373
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm just not quite sure why people are thinking of a future Emilia though? Why suddenly involve time travel out of nowhere for absolutely no reason?
Old 2016-05-29, 05:09   Link #1374
whitecloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm just not quite sure why people are thinking of a future Emilia though? Why suddenly involve time travel out of nowhere for absolutely no reason?
well...it have something to do with subaru, and satella's yandere fixation on him. i dont think anyone other emilia would be the one behind it
Old 2016-05-29, 05:10   Link #1375
RDNexus

Quote:
Maybe because spacetime has sort of been a relevant factor in the story so far? I guess...
Old 2016-05-29, 05:31   Link #1376
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Yes. Subaru is essentially traveling back in time. If Satella can do that to him, why can't she do that to herself? It's a natural train of thought that some people even commented "that's too predictable so it can't be true".
Old 2016-05-29, 07:54   Link #1377
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
well...it have something to do with subaru, and satella's yandere fixation on him. i dont think anyone other emilia would be the one behind it
What yandere fixation? We have not seen this witch do anything other than preventing him from talking about what's happening to him.

As for "anyone other than Emilia", I can think of someone else who is a far more likely suspect: The witch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Yes. Subaru is essentially traveling back in time. If Satella can do that to him, why can't she do that to herself? It's a natural train of thought that some people even commented "that's too predictable so it can't be true".
There is a difference between time rolling back to an earlier moment of one's personal timeline, and physically traveling back in time, which I assume is what you think the witch has done.

Personally I kind of prefer a theory that does not contradict established lore. (IE the fact that the witch has already existed for aeons, not to mention having had six peers at one point)
Old 2016-05-29, 07:54   Link #1378
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

One theory could be that in the "original timeline" there was no Satella (the one that we know), and despite the seven witches being around, the world was relatively safe.

I've come up with two theories based on that...

Spoiler for "Emilia is Satella" Theory A:

The next one is similar but with some differences.
Spoiler for "Emilia is Satella" Theory B:

This is all speculation though, but seems possible
Old 2016-05-29, 08:09   Link #1379
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

^That still does not really explain the weird (physical) time travel powers out of nowhere.

I would however like to make a little addendum to my original point.

The fact that Emilia bears a physical resemblance to the witch may or may not be relevant, I'll give you that. I just think some kind of odd time travel plot seems like a way too ludicrous explanation for something that I feel can be explained away through much simpler means, that does not involve making up wacky new powers that have never been hinted at.

A far more likely scenario is that the witch herself is also capable of rolling back her own personal timeline, and introduced Subaru to the plot as some kind of wild card variable to prevent something that happens in the future from happening.

As for Emilia, she can be a relative of the witch, or even the witch herself. I just find it unlikely that the witch is an alternate version of her from the future.
Old 2016-05-29, 08:22   Link #1380
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
^That still does not really explain the weird (physical) time travel powers out of nowhere.

I would however like to make a little addendum to my original point.

The fact that Emilia bears a physical resemblance to the witch may or may not be relevant, I'll give you that. I just think some kind of odd time travel plot seems like a way too ludicrous explanation for something that I feel can be explained away through much simpler means, that does not involve making up wacky new powers that have never been hinted at.

A far more likely scenario is that the witch herself is also capable of rolling back her own personal timeline, and introduced Subaru to the plot as some kind of wild card variable to prevent something that happens in the future from happening.

As for Emilia, she can be a relative of the witch, or even the witch herself. I just find it unlikely that the witch is an alternate version of her from the future.
Pretty much anything is possible at the moment, we're still in the second arc and only have a handful of information regarding the plot.

Tags
drama, fantasy