Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-11-27, 03:55   Link #13841
Skyterror3381
Blood Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
I find it hard to swallow that Nene was only a B rank knight considering her broken ability of gravity. You would think she would be stronger than Edelwiess with her ability that's in combination with her swordmanship she learned from Naugou.
I think she’s only B in terms of her magical power (mana?). Overall, I’d say she’s either A or even higher (S?).

Ikki is still an F, but he’s won against higher ranked opponents. Magic is a factor to your rank, yes, but there are also skills (the way you use your powers) and abilities (things like itto shura, moroboshi’s tiger something). So even though her magic is only a B, her overall ranking is higher (unofficially).
“All we can do is walk the road we are given with such dignity as we can muster, each to our own glory or demise, and pray that there yet remains something of our own hearts when all is said and done.” - Lor’themar Theron, Regent Lord of Quel’Thalas.
Skyterror3381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 04:47   Link #13842
AP24

It's already confirmed long time ago that she's A-rank. There is this chart.

translation: https://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/vi...258064#p258064
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 05:38   Link #13843
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
It's already confirmed long time ago that she's A-rank. There is this chart.

translation: https://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/vi...258064#p258064
I said she "was" B rank. I know she A rank now but at first she wasn't. She was promoted to A rank just like Shizuku was but she wasn't born an A rank like Stella and Ouma is.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 05:45   Link #13844
AP24

Quote:
I said she "was" B rank. I know she A rank now but at first she wasn't. She was promoted to A rank just like Shizuku was but she wasn't born an A rank like Stella and Ouma is.
I think you're talking about Kurono. She was the one that got promoted from B-rank to A-rank.
Old 2018-11-27, 08:28   Link #13845
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
I think you're talking about Kurono. She was the one that got promoted from B-rank to A-rank.
It was Nene as well who was once a B rank.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 08:43   Link #13846
AP24

Quote:
It was Nene as well who was once a B rank.
Where was it even mentioned that Nene was B-rank previously?
Old 2018-11-27, 08:52   Link #13847
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
In the end, Ouma is all about Ouma. His motivation is totally selfish. Ikki, Stella and Nene achieved Brute Soul because of their connections to other people. Even Or-Gaule's motivations were less selfish, in a way.
And Naseem and Or-Gaule aren't selfish? What does being selfish matter anyway to becoming a Desperado? Now that's just being biased.

Stella wasn't born an A-rank. She was born with the potential to become an A-rank. She just did it faster than most people. Nene was only as strong or stronger than a B-rank when she was 15 and Kurono just easily defeated her and she wasn't even an A-rank when she entered Hagun Academy so we know that Nene sure wasn't when she entered Bukyoku.

Well Edelweiss' swordsmanship is that divine. Again the League's system largely judge Blazers on their magical abilities and not things even a regular human without Blazer abilities can do. So they don't count things like swordsmanship or other physical abilities that any non-Blazer human can do.

Again when you defeat 30,000 mages from both the League and Union including guys like Raab and Kiba, you deserve your title as the 'World's Strongest.'
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-27, 10:10   Link #13848
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
And Naseem and Or-Gaule aren't selfish? What does being selfish matter anyway to becoming a Desperado? Now that's just being biased.

Stella wasn't born an A-rank. She was born with the potential to become an A-rank. She just did it faster than most people. Nene was only as strong or stronger than a B-rank when she was 15 and Kurono just easily defeated her and she wasn't even an A-rank when she entered Hagun Academy so we know that Nene sure wasn't when she entered Bukyoku.

Well Edelweiss' swordsmanship is that divine. Again the League's system largely judge Blazers on their magical abilities and not things even a regular human without Blazer abilities can do. So they don't count things like swordsmanship or other physical abilities that any non-Blazer human can do.

Again when you defeat 30,000 mages from both the League and Union including guys like Raab and Kiba, you deserve your title as the 'World's Strongest.'
Having higher rank doesn't necessarily mean the person is stronger. Ikki is the biggest proof of that. Stella was already labeled A-rank in the beginning and she was considered inferior to Touka at the time. Nene was probably always A-rank because her mana capacity is A-rank level, but she lost to Kurono because Kurono was much better trained.

The 30,000 people that Edelweiss defeated weren't all Blazers, there were only dozens of them.
Old 2018-11-27, 13:19   Link #13849
Lucidrago

Kurono was a late bloomer though and hadn't been using her powers as long as Nene. Again Nene may have been strong but I doubt that she was already an A-ranks when she met Kurono.

But there are people way more powerful than Ikki. What I mean by that is that they have way more power than him and if even one of them hits Ikki once, he's done for. He largely uses his swordsmanship and his intelligence to overwhelm and defeat his opponents. But it's very difficult to say if Ikki is stronger than most of the people he faces.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-11-27 at 16:13.
Old 2018-11-27, 17:25   Link #13850
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Iris and Ikki were about evenly matched when they started fighting, but her ability made her stronger. Yet Ikki was able to take advantage of her not being able to handle all of that power so soon without her armor and defeated her. The fact that he was evenly matched, even only at first, against the one who was ranked 4th in the League (was it 4th?) should tell you something. Yeah, sure, he isn't as strong as or stronger than most people he fights, but he was still evenly matched against Iris for a while.

It's only when you try to rank him using the League's system that isn't A-rank or higher. Nene said that he's one of the strongest in the League already, but that the League's own ranking system can't properly rank him. And that very same League admitted it before Nene had told him that.
Old 2018-11-27, 18:55   Link #13851
AP24

Mana capacity is the largest factor in determining Blazer rank. Just having A-rank level mana capacity is enough to make someone A-rank, look at Sara and Amane's stats. Kurono was B-rank initially as she already had B-rank level mana capacity and then became A-rank probably after improving her other stats. Nene already had A-rank mana capacity and so she was probably already A-rank even if her other stats were lower. Before losing to Kurono the first time, Nene was already considered one of the strongest in Japan since even only very few adult Blazers that time could defeat her.

To be precise the League didn't really say that Ikki is one of their strongest Blazers, but that's how it looks to many people around the world.
Old 2018-11-28, 15:41   Link #13852
Lucidrago

Quote:
Mana capacity is the largest factor in determining Blazer rank. Just having A-rank level mana capacity is enough to make someone A-rank, look at Sara and Amane's stats. Kurono was B-rank initially as she already had B-rank level mana capacity and then became A-rank probably after improving her other stats. Nene already had A-rank mana capacity and so she was probably already A-rank even if her other stats were lower. Before losing to Kurono the first time, Nene was already considered one of the strongest in Japan since even only very few adult Blazers that time could defeat her.

To be precise the League didn't really say that Ikki is one of their strongest Blazers, but that's how it looks to many people around the world.
I believe it has more to do with what your magic ability is. Yes mana capacity is a large factor but in my view it's not as large as what that Blazer's certain ability is and in what ways they use it.

For example, Shizuku just became an A-rank due to bringing Ikki back from the dead using her water abilities. I doubt that had anything to do with her mana capacity increasing.

Again if it was largely due to mana capacity determining a Blazer's rank then it would be impossible to move up through the ranks as mana capacity is determined for Blazers at birth.

Example Kurono is an A-rank but her mana capacity is rated at B. Same with Ouma. Wouldn't Tonka be an A-ranks by those standards as her mana capacity is also rated as B?

The Blazer ranking system uses a combination of different magical traits to determine a Blazer's rank. It's not just mana capacity.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-11-28 at 16:04.
Old 2018-11-28, 18:31   Link #13853
AP24

Quote:
I believe it has more to do with what your magic ability is. Yes mana capacity is a large factor but in my view it's not as large as what that Blazer's certain ability is and in what ways they use it.

For example, Shizuku just became an A-rank due to bringing Ikki back from the dead using her water abilities. I doubt that had anything to do with her mana capacity increasing.

Again if it was largely due to mana capacity determining a Blazer's rank then it would be impossible to move up through the ranks as mana capacity is determined for Blazers at birth.

Example Kurono is an A-rank but her mana capacity is rated at B. Same with Ouma. Wouldn't Tonka be an A-ranks by those standards as her mana capacity is also rated as B?

The Blazer ranking system uses a combination of different magical traits to determine a Blazer's rank. It's not just mana capacity.
I know, but mana capacity is the largest factor which probably determines the minimum rank. For example, a Blazer has C-rank level mana capacity so he should be at least C-rank then his other stats and other factors like his ability determine if he should be at higher rank. Shizuku's mana capacity didn't increase but I'm guessing some of her other stats increased. Maybe her mana control now is at S-rank level and her defensive power is at A-rank or S-rank level.
Old 2018-11-28, 23:43   Link #13854
Lucidrago

She was made an A-rank because of her ability to bring someone back to life.

I bet two people's stats can be like this:

Physical: B

Luck: C

Offense: B

Defense: A

Magic Cap: C

Magic Control: B

And one person would be a B-rank and the other a C-rank just solely based on what their magic abilities are.
Old 2018-11-29, 01:23   Link #13855
AP24

Shizuku's ability is water manipulation and bringing back someone from the dead is a technique she created. Blazer techniques would be reflected in their stats. Mana control stat measures how well they can control the flow of their mana and how much they can do or create with their magic. Her Aoiro Sekai might cause her mana control stat to increase to S-level and her defensive power might be at A-level.

Last edited by AP24; 2018-11-29 at 02:16.
Old 2018-11-29, 12:32   Link #13856
Lucidrago

I doubt it. Wouldn't that technique where she is able to deconstruct her body into turning into a vapor-like state have done that already?

Again she was promoted to A-ranks because of that technique. I don't understand how that proves she has better defense or mana control.
Old 2018-11-29, 19:30   Link #13857
AP24

Quote:
I doubt it. Wouldn't that technique where she is able to deconstruct her body into turning into a vapor-like state have done that already?

Again she was promoted to A-ranks because of that technique. I don't understand how that proves she has better defense or mana control.
Shizuku's Aoiro Rinne wasn't perfect before and she is able to use it better after training under Kiriko. Aoiro Rinne causes her to have high defense so her defensive power might be evaluated at A-level or even S-level now. In addition she has created Aoiro Sekai which is a very high level technique that's never been created before and requires very high control of using mana. So it's possible that Shizuku's mana control stat is evaluated to be at S-level after creating such technique. Her mana capacity is still at C-level but it's possible that it's considered C+ now. All of these are probably what caused her to be evaluated at A-rank now.
Old 2018-11-30, 10:05   Link #13858
DragonOsman
Dragon King

If Ikki's mana control becomes A-rank, I wonder if his overall Blazer rank will rise up? His physical ability is already A. And then if he can increase his mana capacity to A-rank level, since he's a Desperado now, his overall rank should go up to A. He doesn't know how to increase his mana capacity yet, though.

And yeah, when Shizuku first used Aoiro Rinne, it hadn't been perfected. It was also stated that she couldn't reconstruct her body well enough because the technique hadn't been perfected. And mana control probably plays a role there as well. And it most likely plays a role in Aoiro Sekai as well, hence the theory that her being able to bring someone back from the dead with it now makes her mana control rank A or higher, which in turn also makes her overall rank A as well. Her mana capacity is B-rank, but her mana control and defense are high enough for her overall rank to be A.
Old 2018-11-30, 10:47   Link #13859
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
If Ikki's mana control becomes A-rank, I wonder if his overall Blazer rank will rise up? His physical ability is already A. And then if he can increase his mana capacity to A-rank level, since he's a Desperado now, his overall rank should go up to A. He doesn't know how to increase his mana capacity yet, though.

And yeah, when Shizuku first used Aoiro Rinne, it hadn't been perfected. It was also stated that she couldn't reconstruct her body well enough because the technique hadn't been perfected. And mana control probably plays a role there as well. And it most likely plays a role in Aoiro Sekai as well, hence the theory that her being able to bring someone back from the dead with it now makes her mana control rank A or higher, which in turn also makes her overall rank A as well. Her mana capacity is B-rank, but her mana control and defense are high enough for her overall rank to be A.
As I said before, mana control stat doesn't just reflect how well a Blazer can control their mana but also how much they can do or create with their magic. Ikki's control of his mana is good but the only thing he can do with his mana is increasing his physical capability which is why his mana control stat is at E-level. The only way his mana control stat can improve is if he's able to do more with his mana but he can't because his mana capacity is very low and his Blazer ability is the worst kind of ability.

Shizuku's mana control was already A-level in the beginning so it might be at S-level now. Her mana capacity is C-level and it can't increase unless she becomes a Desperado.
Old 2018-11-30, 15:09   Link #13860
Lucidrago

Nene's mana control is rated at E though.

Yeah really not a lot of mana control when your magic ability is simply just increasing your power. Kurono and Shizuku have A-rank mana control and look at how they use their water abilities and how well they control them.

Having A-rank in a certain stat is incredible and proves that the person is a monster in that category.

But I wouldn't say Shizuku' s mana control is S-rank. That's like whole other level right there. The only one we've seen with a A-rank stat is Akame whose luck is ranked at S due to his cheat-like magic ability that largely deals in luck.

So now I'm going to try to predict Iris' stats:

Physical: A

Luck: C

Offense: A

Defense: A+

Magic Cap: A

Magic Control: D

Or-Gaule's stats:

Physical: F

Luck: B

Offense: C

Defense: B

Magic Control: A

Naseem's stats:

Physical: A

Luck: D

Offense: A

Defense: A

Magic Control: E

I'm.just guessing.

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural