AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2015-02-05, 20:18   Link #13841
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
So explain to me where these "hints" come from cause i see absolutely none of em in 418
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Do you see them now?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 22:11   Link #13842
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Images

Do you see them now?
well done although i wouldnt assume anything from them quite yet although it is interesting

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-05, 22:39   Link #13843
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Images

Do you see them now?
to be fair nothing is saying which juvia and gray become a couple, we see a picture of juvia over gray picture, if we follow that logic then levi is now in the laxus team since her picture is over laxus team picture.
Old 2015-02-06, 03:42   Link #13844
Clipens

Levy + Thunder God Tribe = A new type of "Writed" magic (i.e. Fairy ecriture)
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 17:54   Link #13845
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

The only good thing from this chapter is.. Lucy's new hair... she become pretty.. and her reaction show that she has matured as well

the other is... well... I'm disappointed
Natsu should have better entrance and that gravure idol stuff is ridiculous
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-06, 19:02   Link #13846
Blueknight78

i don't know if that was asked before but mashina draw that looks like little funny thing then someone can translate it please?
Spoiler:
Old 2015-02-06, 20:57   Link #13847
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Unfortunately the problem is the 7 year timeskip was flawed as heck because you see the good FT members blasted to bits by Acnologia and viola whats left are scrubs among scrubs among scrubs. They come back and within a few chapters its same ole same ole on to GMG.

The chapters problem is you only go to lucy and you spend most of the chapter saying okay ive spent all my team thinking about FT and the GMG where everyone's just like whatever FT's not here this is no fun. And Natsu comes in and burns all to hell. It was boring it was anti-climactic and really as cool as it was to see Natsu blast everyone to bits its kinda like okay this is cool but so wat we knew natsu would get strong and blasting scrubs to pieces aint that impressive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
The problem is that the 7 year time skip was pretty much pointless. The ONLY thing the timeskip did was create the false impression that fairy tail were now underdogs instead of top tier... in practice, nothing really changed, because one quick training session was all it took to get Fairy tail back to top form; they weren't really underdogs, they just FELT like it because society around them kept calling them weak. Its like creating a false sense of tension. Furtharmore, one of the best things about timeskips is seeing how much the characters grew, but they didn't. ALL of the best fairy tail characters were frozen in time so none of the grew in those 7 years; the only ones who had any kind of growth were the characters that we did NOT care about.

Without the timskip we could have told the EXACT same story about the magic games with the ONLY difference being that everyone in the audience would be cheering fairy tail from the beginning instead of laughing at them. Before and after the timskip, Fairy tail was the strongest guild that would overcome all adversity; the audience just didn't know it. Mashima had maintained the same old status quo, but framed it differently to make the situation look more tense; The Dynamic didn't really change. The timeskip WOULD have been worth something if Fairy tail really DID turn into weakest guild; that the standards for magical power had gotten so high in the past 7 years that even mages like Erza and Natsu could only be considered as mediocre at best. Even after training they would still get beaten easily by the likes of sabertooth and the other guilds. It would have meant something if they fell FAR behind; and then we would get to see them over the course of several arcs slowly regain their former status... But that didn't happen; one training session is all it took for them to catch up and get right back to where they were before the timeskip; the magic games was just PROVING they were #1 again.

Heck what also might have been interesting is if some of the FT members that were frozen were NOT frozen; Like what if wendy was on the outside? We would come back from the timeskip to find that she had grown these past 7 years and had taken over as fairy tail's most powerful member... she'd be the one member worth a damn in the guild and the one person still carrying them despite their falling status. That might have made for a bit more of an interesting development

Really, the 7 year timeskip didn't really do a whole lot.
Lol... I just realized why I like reading shonen more than lots of other people... I just read it without thinking about the meta-content of what is supposed to happen when I read it... so I actually have tension about things going wrong.

It makes it... much more enjoyable... I just don't think about it at all.

Lol.

But to be honest, I just thought the new setting was interesting and all, and the underdog theme, because I didn't overthink it at all... I liked the concept and at least found it interesting. It is true that it didn't really accomplish anything big for the plot, but I still found it fascinating, and an excuse to make some more tears.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 02:05   Link #13848
Krono

Finally having time to comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
I'd LOL If Lisanna just never appeared again after the one year time skip, Hiro could just make an excuse saying she went to another Guide sinceXD

Well Hiro didn't even want her back so now would be the perfect way to get rid of her LOL.
That reminds me, I never got around to finishing debunking that nonsense. The next chapter came out, I was waiting for discussion to die down, then the next chapter came out early, then I was busy. I probably ought to finish that at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Well that chapter was underwhelming.

Instead of becoming a writer Lucy instead becomes an underwear model but hey at least now someone is acknowledging her sex appeal.
You didn't actually read the chapter I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
It's entirely possible Lucy doesn't want to be strong anymore.

She put up what's possibly her best performance in battle all series last arc and it cost her Aquarius in the end. Maybe it turned her off to that kind of thinking.
Being "strong" was never really a particular goal of Lucy's. Sure she wanted to get stronger at various points, but that was more about pulling her own weight, and general self-improvement. Her goal was to become a novelist. So when Fairy Tail disbanded, the natural thing for her to do would not to be start training like crazy for enemies she has no intention of seeking out, it would be for her to enter a field where she writes. Thus she became a reporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipens View Post
In the past chapter the main goal of the series was to find the missing dragons.

Now the main goal is to find the missing former members.
Common misconception. The main goal of the series was never to find the missing dragons, that's Natsu's and later Wendy and Gajeel's personal goal. The main goal of the series has always been the crazy adventures of some members of the wizard guild Fairy Tail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
and it was probably a good idea to let Erza join Jellal for a while.
I doubt Erza joined Jellal given that whole 'path of light' monologue he was giving her. She'll have been doing her own thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Without the timskip we could have told the EXACT same story about the magic games with the ONLY difference being that everyone in the audience would be cheering fairy tail from the beginning instead of laughing at them.
I rather disagree. A number of things would change. Sabertooth for example would need to be entirely reworked.

Sting, Rogue, Yukino, and Rufus were all about Wendy's age before 7 year time skip. Sting, Rogue, and Rufus were about 12, and Yukino was about 11. Orga was about 15, and Minerva age is unknown, but probably similarly young, no older that Orga I'd guess. This, along with Genma taking over Sabertooth handily explains why they were unknown before the time skip. Sabertooth was a nobody guild, it's future top members were just a bunch of kids with potential.

Moving the GMG arc back 7 years on the other hand, introduces a variety of problems. Why have we never heard of Sabertooth before if they're similar in power and fame to Phantom Lord, Fairy Tail, etc? Why didn't they help out with Oracion Seis? Rogue's backstory of being a kid in Phantom Lord who looked up to Gajeel no longer makes sense as he'd be older than Gajeel, and logically would have been one of the elites in the guild along with Gajeel and the Element 4. Likewise, Sting's background as a kid who idolized Natsu would no longer make sense as he'd be older than Natsu, supposedly looking up to Natsu at a time when Natsu hadn't yet established a reputation for himself. The other four members have fewer problems, the main one being Yukino. An 11 year old Yukino who likely didn't have any gold keys not encountering Angel makes plenty of sense. An 18 year old Yukino with two gold keys not encountering Angel is somewhat more dubious. Angel sought to take her gold keys from what we know, and likely would have done the same to Lucy once Lucy started making a name for herself. So Angel not hearing about not only Lucy, but not hearing about Yukino, a stellar spirit wizard with the same name and description as her sister stretches credulity a little.

So as you can see, you'd have to do a bunch of rewriting with Sabertooth and their motives (chiefly Sting and Rogue) to make setting the games at an earlier time work.

That's just Sabertooth. Speaking of motives, Fairy Tail's motive for entering the games would need to be changed entirely. They entered the GMG because they were in heavy debt, and their reputation was in the bottom of the barrel. Winning the games would restore what they'd lost. Fairy Tail without the skip however would not be in that position. You'd have to come up with a new one. Which could be difficult. The plot for the Eclipse plan relied on the games having run for several years, so they couldn't be brand new. Yet Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord got to be considered the top guilds in the country with no mention of the games, so you'd have to explain why they didn't participate before, and why Fairy Tail was suddenly doing so this time.

For Kagura, they'd need to make changes to her age or suddenly Simon would have a big sister instead of a little sister.

Asuka would cease to exist, and Alzack and Bisca would no longer be married. You might say that's not that big a deal, but it's something some people like and appreciate.

In short, removing the 7 year skip, and moving the GMG arc back in time would not be so simple as "people would be cheering for Fairy Tail from the start". You'd have to tweek and overhaul a bunch of things, some major, some minor.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 06:29   Link #13849
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Finally having time to comment...

That reminds me, I never got around to finishing debunking that nonsense. The next chapter came out, I was waiting for discussion to die down, then the next chapter came out early, then I was busy. I probably ought to finish that at some point.

You didn't actually read the chapter I see.

Being "strong" was never really a particular goal of Lucy's. Sure she wanted to get stronger at various points, but that was more about pulling her own weight, and general self-improvement. Her goal was to become a novelist. So when Fairy Tail disbanded, the natural thing for her to do would not to be start training like crazy for enemies she has no intention of seeking out, it would be for her to enter a field where she writes. Thus she became a reporter.

Common misconception. The main goal of the series was never to find the missing dragons, that's Natsu's and later Wendy and Gajeel's personal goal. The main goal of the series has always been the crazy adventures of some members of the wizard guild Fairy Tail.

I doubt Erza joined Jellal given that whole 'path of light' monologue he was giving her. She'll have been doing her own thing.

I rather disagree. A number of things would change. Sabertooth for example would need to be entirely reworked.

Sting, Rogue, Yukino, and Rufus were all about Wendy's age before 7 year time skip. Sting, Rogue, and Rufus were about 12, and Yukino was about 11. Orga was about 15, and Minerva age is unknown, but probably similarly young, no older that Orga I'd guess. This, along with Genma taking over Sabertooth handily explains why they were unknown before the time skip. Sabertooth was a nobody guild, it's future top members were just a bunch of kids with potential.

Moving the GMG arc back 7 years on the other hand, introduces a variety of problems. Why have we never heard of Sabertooth before if they're similar in power and fame to Phantom Lord, Fairy Tail, etc? Why didn't they help out with Oracion Seis? Rogue's backstory of being a kid in Phantom Lord who looked up to Gajeel no longer makes sense as he'd be older than Gajeel, and logically would have been one of the elites in the guild along with Gajeel and the Element 4. Likewise, Sting's background as a kid who idolized Natsu would no longer make sense as he'd be older than Natsu, supposedly looking up to Natsu at a time when Natsu hadn't yet established a reputation for himself. The other four members have fewer problems, the main one being Yukino. An 11 year old Yukino who likely didn't have any gold keys not encountering Angel makes plenty of sense. An 18 year old Yukino with two gold keys not encountering Angel is somewhat more dubious. Angel sought to take her gold keys from what we know, and likely would have done the same to Lucy once Lucy started making a name for herself. So Angel not hearing about not only Lucy, but not hearing about Yukino, a stellar spirit wizard with the same name and description as her sister stretches credulity a little.

So as you can see, you'd have to do a bunch of rewriting with Sabertooth and their motives (chiefly Sting and Rogue) to make setting the games at an earlier time work.

That's just Sabertooth. Speaking of motives, Fairy Tail's motive for entering the games would need to be changed entirely. They entered the GMG because they were in heavy debt, and their reputation was in the bottom of the barrel. Winning the games would restore what they'd lost. Fairy Tail without the skip however would not be in that position. You'd have to come up with a new one. Which could be difficult. The plot for the Eclipse plan relied on the games having run for several years, so they couldn't be brand new. Yet Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord got to be considered the top guilds in the country with no mention of the games, so you'd have to explain why they didn't participate before, and why Fairy Tail was suddenly doing so this time.

For Kagura, they'd need to make changes to her age or suddenly Simon would have a big sister instead of a little sister.

Asuka would cease to exist, and Alzack and Bisca would no longer be married. You might say that's not that big a deal, but it's something some people like and appreciate.

In short, removing the 7 year skip, and moving the GMG arc back in time would not be so simple as "people would be cheering for Fairy Tail from the start". You'd have to tweek and overhaul a bunch of things, some major, some minor.
Most of the things you say are absolutely correct with one notable exception
They entered the GMG because Romeo thought it would be the best way to make the guild #1 again the money got makarov involved but thats about it

By the way new chapter is released and the only thing i can say is "facepalm" you'll know what i mean

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 06:57   Link #13850
B214

Spoiler for 419:
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 07:21   Link #13851
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Heh that reminded me so much of chapter 1.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 07:31   Link #13852
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Agree with everyone, a revamp of Chapter 1 it was. Sort of fitting for a start of a new story. Oh boy. Looks like they'll find some Lamia Scales first before some Fairies, though.

D'aww. Goodbye, long flowing Natsu hair. They could have kept Wendy's bob but they didn't. They could have kept Natsu's long locks but they didn't. Someone get Cancer out of commission please.
Old 2015-02-07, 09:18   Link #13853
ShiroiRyu

I'm going to a adventure !
YEY ! :]
Anyways, the flames on the castle ...
Old 2015-02-07, 09:19   Link #13854
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinwheel10 View Post
Agree with everyone, a revamp of Chapter 1 it was. Sort of fitting for a start of a new story. Oh boy. Looks like they'll find some Lamia Scales first before some Fairies, though.

D'aww. Goodbye, long flowing Natsu hair. They could have kept Wendy's bob but they didn't. They could have kept Natsu's long locks but they didn't. Someone get Cancer out of commission please.
Lucy needs to break his key next.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 09:23   Link #13855
immblueversion

There are two things I appreciate most about this chapter: One was that it came early, and the other was that it wasn't an instant "One message and everyone comes back" thing. It's funny, I was originally thinking about this kind of plot happening after Sirius Island disappeared. Yeah, it wouldn't exactly work for that arc since all the missing people were in one place, but still, it's like a dream come true. Let's just wait and see how this plays out.

I wonder how Lamia Scale will be involved, and what this "Thanksgiving" business is about. Let's look at the official map of Fiore (a touch outdated by eight years):

Images

From the looks of things, Lamia Scale is the closest guild to Crocus, so they'd probably be hitting up that place first. And according to Lucy's notes, the members that were last spotted around that area are...Jet and Droy. Oh, joy.

But wait! Thanksgiving usually comes with a feast, and we can tell from that "Gluttony" poster he's on that he's garnered quite a reputation for stuffing his face. Odds are Jet wouldn't be too far behind. Maybe if they get Jet to join them, his super speed can get them across the country at much greater speeds and reduce the time of their search, increasing the odds of them catching their friends at their predicted location before they move too far. How interesting that would be...

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 09:51   Link #13856
Slayerx

Chapter gives me mixed emotions
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
---

The rewriting would be VERY minor. There was nothing stopping Mashima from making all the sabertooth members the same age as Fairy Tail. We didn't hear about Sabertooth because they were not relevant to the plot; its not something that Mashima was unfamiliar with doing. Heck if Mashima actually planned his story in advanced instead of making things up as he went, he could have introduced them earlier in the series. Heck Rouge and Sting didn't have to be kids in order to look up to Natsu and Gajeel either; People admire people their own age all the time. Why didn't they help out with Oracion Seis? Because their Master was a Jerk who doesn't give a damn about anyone else.

Really, it would have taken VERY little work, to make it all work out. Even LESS if the arc was actually planned in advanced. This is alike One Piece and Naruto who very clearly planned out their timeskips and whose timeskips were compeltely necessary for the advancement of the plot. The only way they could have avoided those timeskips would have been to write a 100 chapter training arc. Now THAT would have be a rewriting nightmare.

Not to mention there were some things we lost with the timeskip or didn't make sense. Originally we seemed to have a 777 theme going on with the dragons. The dragons disappeared 7 years ago, on the 7th day, of the 7th month, or the 777th year. Which was also the same year Lucy's mother died... Turned out there wasn't any significance in that coincidence since we moved up to all that happening 14 years ago. And Raven Tail; why were they even a dark guild to begin with if they were just gonna go legal? Plus they formed their guild to crush fairy tail; why didn't they crush what remained of them during those 7 years? There entire plot line was basically unceremoniously dropped... its liek Mashima had some nice ideas for an anti-fairy tail guild, but got bored with it and decided to just wiped them out and get rid of the plot thread he left hanging.

Quote:
Fairy Tail's motive for entering the games would need to be changed entirely. They entered the GMG because they were in heavy debt, and their reputation was in the bottom of the barrel. Winning the games would restore what they'd lost. Fairy Tail without the skip however would not be in that position. You'd have to come up with a new one. Which could be difficult. The plot for the Eclipse plan relied on the games having run for several years, so they couldn't be brand new. Yet Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord got to be considered the top guilds in the country with no mention of the games, so you'd have to explain why they didn't participate before, and why Fairy Tail was suddenly doing so this time.
As if Fairy tail ever needed an excuse to get involved in a fight, much less a "who's strongest" fight. Heck even the eclipse plan did not NEED a 7 year build up; they could have just said that ONE round of magic games was good enough to power the gateway.

Quote:
Yes because Asuka Adds so much to the story... And Alzack and Bisca are such important characters; i mean they got to be a minor subplot in ONE of the many arcs this series has had. The fairy tail world would be a lesser place if they never married

Ya though seriously, something like Wendy, a major character, growing up and become a badass would have been a worthwhile change. Two very minor characters getting married? Not so much.
Old 2015-02-07, 10:06   Link #13857
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Really glad the chapter came out, thank you Hiro you seem to be the exact opposite of Oda when it comes that stuff boy am I happy you are

Really where this is going, looks like will be focusing on the original trio going on adventures and searching for every one, hoping for more NatLu moments than

What are the odds of them going outside they norm go? Guess will see.

Guess we shouldn't expect our main group back yet eh?

Over all fun chapter, really looking forward to the next

Also, why didn't any one inform Natsu of the splitXD

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 14:26   Link #13858
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Chapter was lame, author just backtracked all the promise of progress of the last one. It's essentially a series reset, little else. Natsu did the super flame wizzard bit in the first chapter of the manga too.

Kind of disappointing.
Old 2015-02-07, 14:28   Link #13859
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Really glad the chapter came out, thank you Hiro you seem to be the exact opposite of Oda when it comes that stuff boy am I happy you are

Really where this is going, looks like will be focusing on the original trio going on adventures and searching for every one, hoping for more NatLu moments than

What are the odds of them going outside they norm go? Guess will see.

Guess we shouldn't expect our main group back yet eh?

Over all fun chapter, really looking forward to the next

Also, why didn't any one inform Natsu of the splitXD
normally mashima like to work in more than one chapter per week, he many times was like having 3 to 4 chapters scripts released to his editor, but the come early is not "fully thanks" to mashima also is thanks to the "leak", this chapter is supposed to be released only Thursday in japan and Wednesday(world wide), but this not really completly good because now we have a chance to have a full week without a chapter if the next chapter also dont come to early and come in the current "normal leak" day which is Monday.

then next week no chapter in monday and can have a chance to not have another in Saturday.
Old 2015-02-07, 17:07   Link #13860
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post

O.o !!!

B-but my friends told me Gray was gay!? Liars!
what chapter is that from? it's not in the recent release
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen