AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-01, 10:21   Link #13901
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Okay, regaining conscious is one thing, but being able to get up, fly, and lift up some one your own size mere moments after taking such a huge attack is too much. Taking this at face value, Nanoha's final attack is a huge failure. If this was a real fight it would be Fate's victory.
Well, the MOVIE manga taked it's time to tell us a gazillion of times that Fate is indeed stronger than Nanoha xDU

EDIT: Page claimed for stronger Fate xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-11-01, 10:27   Link #13902
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Don't forget she was able to fly in the series as well after being hit by SLB. She was in Nanoha's arms for what, a few minutes? Nanoha just didn't TKO herself in the process. So yeah, if Fate still wanted to fight, it would mean bad news for Nanoha.
Old 2010-11-01, 10:28   Link #13903
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Well, the MOVIE manga taked it's time to tell us a gazillion of times that Fate is indeed stronger than Nanoha xDU

EDIT: Page claimed for stronger Fate xD
We ALL know that Starlight Breaker does NOT care how strong you are.

*Points to ViVid manga*

Even in S1, the original S1, not the movie, Fate was stronger than Nanoha. Nanoha beat her with a beam Starlight Breaker.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-11-01, 10:29   Link #13904
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Wait, what happened, Fate won their duel?
Old 2010-11-01, 10:39   Link #13905
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
At this point, it's highly confusing. We'll have to wait until we get the translations. But honestly, the movie manga has been doing some things different for no real reason (emoha), so I guess I kinda expect it now.

And for those who say "But Kaijo, you WANTED it to be different!" I'd reply with, "I want it to be different, but I also want the changes to make sense." It's a twist to be sure, but one that seems like it came out of nowhere. I'll have to wait for the translated movie manga chapter to see.

As for Isis vs. Arnage, I suspected as much an called it earlier. It would explain why Nanoha can go after Thoma like that, not being worn down at all from fighting Arnage. Still, I was hoping to see a Nanoha vs. Arnage fight, with them blasting each other.

However, it looks like Hayate may be backing Nanoha up on this; she's got her armor and book out, ready to cast. Between the two of them, against a normal opponent, they'd be toast. Would Thoma or the book be able to delink the sheer amount of mana being tossed at him from those two?
Old 2010-11-01, 11:05   Link #13906
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Looks at Force spoiler

I know she's supposed to be 25, but Hayate sure looks younger . Or maybe hotter, whatever - Love the swaying hair, ma'am, RAWR!

Oh, and it looks like they're putting Isis vs Arnage, nice
Old 2010-11-01, 11:07   Link #13907
aers
*Fansubber

At the start of the new movie chapter, Fate is 100% unconscious and has less than 1% magical power remaining. Pretty sure we're missing something here.

.-.
Old 2010-11-01, 11:07   Link #13908
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Don't forget she was able to fly in the series as well after being hit by SLB. She was in Nanoha's arms for what, a few minutes? Nanoha just didn't TKO herself in the process. So yeah, if Fate still wanted to fight, it would mean bad news for Nanoha.
At least in the original series the SLB wasn't so big, so it's at least more believable in that sense that Fate recovered so quickly. Plus, Nanoha was still in good shape too and able to fly on her own. So after such an intense fight, both of them were in roughly the same shape.

In this manga, though, we have Fate quickly recovering while Nanoha collapses. So basically all the training and preparation, all the determination Nanoha had, all the attacks she survived, and after putting her all into it, it was all for nothing because Fate just shrugged it off and came out on top regardless.

Course you could say winning was never the point, but apparently beating Fate was the only way to force her to see Nanoha as a friend or whatever crazy logic this series likes to use.
Old 2010-11-01, 11:17   Link #13909
aers
*Fansubber

Oh jeez Demi you could have posted the rest of the images. *rolleyes*

Spoiler for STUFF:

*stuff demi posted goes here*

Spoiler for more stuff:
Old 2010-11-01, 11:21   Link #13910
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post

Spoiler for STUFF:

Spoiler for more stuff:
HURRAY FOR CONTEXT!

Much better
Old 2010-11-01, 11:21   Link #13911
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Where did you get higher res from?

And about that other stuff, I explained it rather than posting it. PLUS, I just posted my favorite of the bunch.

Also, I don't fully get it, it's like she was on the ground at one point, then flew back up again for whatever reason, and fell from there. Almost looks like she fell off the top of a building, lulz.
Old 2010-11-01, 11:23   Link #13912
aers
*Fansubber

The blog those images are from.

http://ivory.ap.teacup.com/nagaharuh...1288617630.jpg
http://ivory.ap.teacup.com/nagaharuh...1288617630.jpg

thumb, full.
Old 2010-11-01, 11:26   Link #13913
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

"Looks like the mighty Starlight Breaker is not so mighty in this continuity(even if it's way more flashy xDU)"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post

Spoiler for STUFF:

Spoiler for more stuff:
...that's what i was about to say before watching this images ...HURRAY FOR CONTEXT!! indeed xDU.

~The ASFB~
Old 2010-11-01, 11:31   Link #13914
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Also, I don't fully get it, it's like she was on the ground at one point, then flew back up again for whatever reason, and fell from there. Almost looks like she fell off the top of a building, lulz.
Yeah, it looks like Nanoha was standing next to a ledge when she fell. Which is actually really really stupid on her part and all those around her, but whatever.
Old 2010-11-01, 11:40   Link #13915
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, it looks like Nanoha was standing next to a ledge when she fell. Which is actually really really stupid on her part and all those around her, but whatever.
It's probably a visual mistake or loss-in-image-context scene, since we couldn't see exactly where Nanoha and Fate are getting their treatment, but...

Looking at the last page, it looked as if the 'ledge' was at most, 2 metres in height, yet it looked as if Nanoha fell off a skyscraper or something. ( it probably was one, since simulated battlefield and all )

And Fate somehow managed to be the first to respond, grab Nanoha with one hand, and pull her up to be carried despite being injured enough ( and magically drained, I presume ) to be put in a stretcher.

It's not as bad as Emoha, but it just had to have that last dose of drama in Movie 1st manga, didn't it?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-11-01, 11:46   Link #13916
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Oh, another thing is Fate caught her in casual clothes, so she flew to grab her without transforming first?
Old 2010-11-01, 11:53   Link #13917
mielipuoli

Okay, looking at things in context, Lindy, Arf, and Yuuno were distracted discussing something, Fate was looking right at Nanoha, and out of everyone in the group (especially the TSAB corpsman) she's by god THE fastest person around. Is it any wonder she got to Nanoha first? Note that just as she makes the catch, Yuuno and Lindy realize what's going on and start to react...but Fate's already there. I don't see a SONIC MOVE in that case but frankly she doesn't entirely need one. I don't see what the complaints are; it's pretty well established to me. Thanks for the context, Aers. (I really should find a way to read the movie manga...I haven't seen any of it yet.)

Also did anyone catch Chrono's peeved expression? That sells the movie manga to me right there.
Old 2010-11-01, 11:54   Link #13918
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Quote:
So basically all the training and preparation, all the determination Nanoha had, all the attacks she survived, and after putting her all into it, it was all for nothing because Fate just shrugged it off and came out on top regardless.
I for one, find the fact that the unfair plot-armor protagonists have is turning against them now, highly amusing.

There's enough situations where this kind of bullshit happens with the protagonist winning, I just find it satisfying when the situation is reversed.
Old 2010-11-01, 12:01   Link #13919
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
I for one, find the fact that the unfair plot-armor protagonists have is turning against them now, highly amusing.

There's enough situations where this kind of bullshit happens with the protagonist winning, I just find it satisfying when the situation is reversed.
I do too sometimes, but I hate it when it only happens because the non-main character person is more popular.
Old 2010-11-01, 12:14   Link #13920
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Probably an attempt to redeem Fate after being spanked by Erio on ViVid.

~The ASFB~
Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen