AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-08-23, 13:24   Link #121
Sizaki

Is it only Anna and Nightingale that loves Roland? Is there any other girl/woman/aunty/granny that shows some hints or such?
Sizaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-23, 13:57   Link #122
cabman11

So from what I understand from the summary he essentially kick-starts the Industrial Revolution right? Does he do stuff like create the printing press?
Old 2016-08-23, 15:58   Link #123
ungururuh

@jmcu17
The short answer would be that there are some western influences but to give you a more proper answer I would need to skim the novel again and right now unfortunately is late and I am tired, maybe tomorrow. But, may I ask, is it that important? Do you ask for a specific reason? Maybe I can settle your fears or questions without the need to list the western influenced names.

@sacredriver
Spoiler:

@obnuchious
Spoiler:

@Sizaki
Spoiler:

@cabman11

Spoiler:

Last edited by ungururuh; 2016-08-23 at 16:25.
ungururuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-23, 16:08   Link #124
cadu_

I think the MC is too kind, considering his position and situation, the MC will have to go to war. With his innovations like gunpowder and the witches he could slaughter his enemies but will he have the heart to do that when necessary?
Old 2016-08-23, 16:14   Link #125
ungururuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
I think the MC is too kind, considering his position and situation, the MC will have to go to war. With his innovations like gunpowder and the witches he could slaughter his enemies but will he have the heart to do that when necessary?
He is the logical type. There is no need to fret on this matter because he already took part in bloody battles. He resorts to ingenuity rather then cruelty to win them though.
Old 2016-08-23, 16:16   Link #126
travelingbum

wonder how the Church can even think they could hold out 2 more winters without revealing their 'powered by witches' weapon when they almost lost....
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-23, 16:20   Link #127
cadu_

But the only bloody battle that I read about was the Months of Demons , how will he face human enemies?
For example:
Spoiler:
Old 2016-08-23, 16:39   Link #128
ungururuh

@cadu_

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
wonder how the Church can even think they could hold out 2 more winters without revealing their 'powered by witches' weapon when they almost lost....
They have their ways
Old 2016-08-23, 16:42   Link #129
Mechatrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadu_ View Post
But the only bloody battle that I read about was the Months of Demons , how will he face human enemies?
For example:
Spoiler:
Already happened.

Spoiler:
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-23, 16:46   Link #130
ungururuh

O, welcome back Mechatrill, missed you
Old 2016-08-23, 20:05   Link #131
Mechatrill

I'm always around. I just only check in once of twice a day, and I tend not to post except to answer questions. And when the questions around were already answered by others, I tend to do what I generally always do: Lurk.
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-24, 03:14   Link #132
cabman11

I read half the raws. Holy crap dude went full British imperialism on their asses.

If these girls manage to live tor the next several hundred years they're literally going to become gods

Last edited by cabman11; 2016-08-24 at 03:43.
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-24, 03:44   Link #133
obnuchious

is the rage drug a permanent one? if not, what would be the side effects after the effects of the drug disappears?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-24, 04:09   Link #134
ungururuh

@obnuchious
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
I read half the raws. Holy crap dude went full British imperialism on their asses.

If these girls manage to live tor the next several hundred years they're literally going to become gods
Possibly, but we don't know yet if they have a hard limit on what they can do with their power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post
I'm always around. I just only check in once of twice a day, and I tend not to post except to answer questions. And when the questions around were already answered by others, I tend to do what I generally always do: Lurk.
Lurking, it became a style of living, wonder if there will ever be a novelist that will write about a protagonist forum lurker. I think that will be quite a read.
Old 2016-08-24, 07:18   Link #135
sacredriver

What is Roland opinion on the witches? individually speaking, does he hate one? suspect someone for spying for his sister? I mean it's unlikely that he just loves and accepts all of them right?
sacredriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-25, 13:20   Link #136
ungururuh

@sacredriver

Spoiler:
Old 2016-08-25, 19:35   Link #137
Ebrie

I love civ building series like this. Are there any others being translated outside of Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki and Duke's Daughter?
Ebrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-25, 23:50   Link #138
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

could someone compile that legendary "medium chemistry" poor 'Cam' Roland never intend to wrote that book
Old 2016-08-27, 16:04   Link #139
ungururuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrie View Post
I love civ building series like this. Are there any others being translated outside of Genjitsushugisha no Oukokukaizouki and Duke's Daughter?
Well, there are, kind of, but not exactly full on city building but more like with elements of them. There are many where the author has some stupid preconceived notion that "a more primitive civilization can't handle modern weapons or technology, therefore my main novel character won't teach them anything new otherwise there were be mass chaos and bloodshed" (meanwhile, o look at that poor slave, I can't do anything about her/him unfortunately)

These are the few that I know about, but as I said, there aren't full on civ building and some might have elements that you dislike

Bringing The Farm To Live In Another World - this has elements of wuxia, power levels and such but for the first book (which is 1k + chapters if I'm not mistaken) the MC just focuses more on building his kingdom to survive rather then grind power levels to beat the others. He has the ability of a browser style farming game, by that I mean he has a magical farm in a different world and that farm can do some magical things like grow crops in a few hours.

Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! - at first this is more about nobel politics and how the MC grows but after quite a while the MC inherits his own plot of land where he develops his own city that eventually becomes one of the major capitals in the kingdom he is staying at. The current translation has 3 more chapters till they get at the point where he receives his plot of land. But do not be fooled by the nr of chapters translated, they are quite long even if we cut out the parts where the author repeats himself.

Seiun wo Kakeru - about a teleported modern person that was a blacksmith on Earth. He slowly contributes to his village by creating some useful tools or suggesting some ideas for a better trade economy or better life style. He manages to achieve quite a bit but right now we don't know if he eventually becomes the town "elder" (the one that is like a town mayor), he marries and has a child with the current town elder daughter tough so the possibility is there.

Risou no Himo Seikatsu - the MC gets summoned by a beautiful and busty red head and she asks him to marry her and have her child. The MC naturally agrees and it turns out that she was a queen of a kingdom and the only remaining royalty. Be warned though, this novel is slow paced and it's more about how they develop as a couple and how their feelings for each other grow. The MC only later starts to contribue to the progress of the kingdom but he has a legitimate reason for why he doesn't start from the get go to make or suggest things. It is one of my personal favorites but again don't forget that I warned you about the slow pacing.

Lazy Dungeon Master - the MC gets teleported and becomes a dungeon master. He eventually starts scheming on how to get easy "dungeon points" and he comes up with an idea to make a inn near his dungeon (the people that stay in his dungeon territory give him passive DP even if they don't engage in fighting the dungeon). That inn attracts the notice of a adventure guild that creates a branch near that inn and the dungeon starts attracting more people and eventually people start settling down and make different buildings for different needs and eventually that inn gives birth to a town. The MC then becomes through some unexpected turn of events the mayor of the town. This read is so-so.

Hisshou Dungeon Unei Houhou - in this one a goddess requests the help of the MC so he reluctantly agrees after he gets "persuaded". He plans to deal with the problem the goddess mentioned as well as secure his safety as a new dungeon master by creating a city in his dungeon. This read is as well so-so.

Dungeon Defense - the MC finds himself in the body of a Dungeon Lord after he agrees to a funny message. This novel is a bit more darker then the others. You could say it is a good read but there are elements that some might dislike. The novel though has elements of "kingdom building" but it's not the main focus of the story. It's more about the wacky personality of the main cast and about their glorified interactions.

I was reincarnated as a Magic Academy! - this is a bit different from all the others. So at first the MC gets reincarnated as a dungeon crystal in a Magic Academy and he is asked to cooperate (the others don't know that he is a former human) to create a dungeon for the students training, but as the plot progresses the MC is forced to deal it with more and more issues and eventually he also leaves behind the Academy to deal with some problems and explore the world a bit. His ultimate goal tough remains to create his own Academy where he wants to teach students and as of right now the MC is way on his way to establish this dream. We just recently had a time skip after a major plot development and in that time skip he grinded to get the materials for creating the Academy. Now he is getting back to the main continent in search for a place to settle and start building so I assume this arc will all be about civ building. It is a good read but as I said the "civ building" has yet to start (ch 90) but it will happen. If you read this novel I suggest reading it on the main author site because there it is updated weekly in english.

I knew a few more but I can't remember them right now, maybe I will add them later. Hmm I knew about a city building dungeon master that eventually creates skyscrapers in his dungeon, but I forgot the title of that novel, wonder if anyone know the novel I am talking about.

Last edited by ungururuh; 2016-08-27 at 17:11.
Old 2016-08-27, 16:52   Link #140
Ebrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ungururuh View Post
Well, there are, kind of, but not exactly full on city building but more like with elements of them. There are many where the author has some stupid preconceived notion that "a more primitive civilization can't handle modern weapons or technology, therefore my main novel character won't teach them anything new otherwise there were be mass chaos and bloodshed" (meanwhile, o look at that poor slave, I can't do anything about her/him unfortunately)

These are the few that I know about, but as I said, there aren't full on civ building and some might have elements that you dislike

Bringing The Farm To Live In Another World - this has elements of wuxia, power levels and such but for the first book (which is 1k + chapters if I'm not mistaken) the MC just focuses more on building his kingdom to survive rather then grind power levels to beat the others. He has the ability of a browser style farming game, by that I mean he has a magical farm in a different world and that farm can do some magical things like grow crops in a few hours.

Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! - at first this is more about nobel politics and how the MC grows but after quite a while the MC inherits his own plot of land where he develops his own city that eventually becomes one of the major capitals in the kingdom he is staying at. The current translation have 3 more chapters till they get at the point where he receives his plot of land. But do not be fooled by the nr of chapters translated, they are quite long even if we cut out the parts where the author repeats himself.

Seiun wo Kakeru - about a teleported modern person that was a blacksmith on Earth. He slowly contributes to his village by creating some useful tools or suggesting some ideas for a better trade economy or better life style. He manages to achieve quite a bit but right now we don't know if he eventually becomes the town "elder" (the one that is like a town mayor), he marries and has a child with the current town elder daughter tough so the possibility is there though.

Risou no Himo Seikatsu - the MC gets summoned by a beautiful and busty read head and she asks him to marry her and have her child. The MC naturally agrees and it turns out that she was a queen of a kingdom and the only remaining royalty. Be warned though, this novel is slow paced and it's more about how they develop as a couple and how their feelings for each other grow. The MC only later starts to contribue to the progress of the kingdom but he has a legitimate reason for why he doesn't start from the get go to make or suggest things. It is one of my personal favorites but again don't forget that I warned you about the slow pacing.

Lazy Dungeon Master - the MC gets teleported and becomes a dungeon master. He eventually starts skimming on how to get easy "dungeon points" and he comes up with an idea to make a inn near his dungeon (the people that stay in his dungeon territory give him passive DP even if they don't engage in fighting the dungeon). That inn attracts the notice of a adventure guild that creates a branch near that in and the dungeon starts attracting more people and eventually people starts settling down and make different buildings for different needs and eventually that inn gives birth to a town. The MC then becomes though some unexpected turn of events the mayor of the town. This read is so-so.

Hisshou Dungeon Unei Houhou - in this one a goddess requests the help of the MC so he reluctantly after he gets "persuaded". He plans to deal with the problem the goddess mentioned as well as secure his safety as a new dungeon master by creating a city in his dungeon. This read is as well so-so.

Dungeon Defense - the MC finds himself in the body of a Dungeon Lord after he agrees to a funny message. This novel is a bit more dark then the others. You could say it is a good read but there are elements that some might dislike. The novel though has elements of "kingdom building" but it's not the main focus of the story. It's more about the wacky personality of the main cast and about their glorified interactions.

I was reincarnated as a Magic Academy! - this is a bit different from all the others. So at first the MC gets reincarnated as a dungeon crystal in a Magic Academy and he is asked to cooperate (the others don't know that he is a former human) to create a dungeon for the students training but as the plot progresses the MC is forced to deal it with more and more issues and eventually he also leaves behind the Academy to deal with some problems and explore a bit the world. His ultimate goal tough remains to create his own Academy where he wants to teach students and as of right now the MC is way on his way to establish this dream. We just recently had a time skip after a major plot development and in that time skip he grinded to get the materials for creating the Academy. Now he is getting back to the main continent in search for a place to settle and start building so I assume this ark will all be about civ building. It is a good read but as I said the "civ building" has yet to start (ch 90) but it will happen. If you read this novel I suggest reading it on the main author site because there it is updated weekly in english.

I knew a few more but I can't remember them right now, maybe I will add them later. Hmm I knew about a city building dungeon master that eventually creates skyscrapers in his dungeon, but I forgot the title of that novel, wonder if anyone know the novel I am talking about.
Thank you for the list. I was starting to run out of material to read, but now I should have a bit more to browse through! I didn't know that Dungeon Defense would later have civ building aspects in it: can't believe that series could get more enjoyable.
Ebrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, romance, slice of life, supernatural