AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-06-06, 14:59   Link #121
Tenzen12

How should I put it... Story is great, but it feels like individual scenes don't mesh well together. It's not like "talking is free action" is that uncommon, but here it feels like "talking" and "action" are not connected at all...
Old 2022-06-06, 15:46   Link #122
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
How should I put it... Story is great, but it feels like individual scenes don't mesh well together. It's not like "talking is free action" is that uncommon, but here it feels like "talking" and "action" are not connected at all...
I survived Index S3 so I can kind of deal with shorthand. The pace is kind of crazy though. Unfortunately it looks like episode 10 is the season finale. Hopefully we get renewal for a 4th season in the very near future.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-06, 16:55   Link #123
Zefyris
図書館狼

Yeah the way anime handled some of the scenes felt seriously off to me. The fight also felt more like Harry potter than like bookworm in term of how they use magic. Ferdinand's way to tie up Santa was perfectly in line with it however, I'm glad that they at least did that one properly.

Gotta love how Ferdinand put Evil Santa back into place with that remark at the end though x).
Next episode is this season's finale. May be the last anime episode of bookworm we'll ever get; so I can only hope that they nail the adaptation and convey what is supposed to be conveyed in these scenes. I'm a bit worried after this episode tbh, but we'll see.
Old 2022-06-06, 18:21   Link #124
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ferdinand doesn't seem to know that Myne has already pressed her blood on the talisman. He said it was one hell of a protective charm so it's safe to assume Sylvester has an extremely high rank, if not the highest. That means the fat old fucks actually attempted to kill the daughter of someone higher ranked than them. Their lives are over.

Myne will also have to say goodbye to her family and friends a lot sooner than she thought. Next episode will probably be a tear-jerker.
Old 2022-06-06, 20:43   Link #125
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow Myne is really unleashing her magic on all those people and it finely good to see that old fool get what is coming to him
Old 2022-06-07, 06:10   Link #126
Wandering Soul

Looks like due to thses circumstances, Myne will have to say goodbye to her family and some friends earlier than we thought. It's going to be a sad affair.
Old 2022-06-08, 10:51   Link #127
Xical
Phantom User

I wonder how this adaptation managed to get to S3, is nothing more than a disappointment after disappointment...
I stopped watching regularly after the letdown of the scene of Gunther crying, I have watched some episodes of S2 and S3 to see how they manage specific scenes and this scene with the high bishop is the perfect example of what this anime is, an uninspired soulless cash grab, outside of some of the VAs all is so mediocre and boring that it may damage the sales of the original source (LN) and manga instead of booster them.
Old 2022-06-08, 16:39   Link #128
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I'm always reluctant to criticize the creative team doing an adaptation over not being "true" to the original, because I've done one myself and I know how hard it is. You're dealing with demands and limitations that are often beyond your control, creating something in a completely different format with completely different rules. If I'm ever fortunate enough to have someone want to adapt one of my books, my plan is to take the money and run. My book is my work, and their production is theirs.

And if being an "uninspired soulless cash grab" was reason enough not to watch something, we wouldn't have a whole lot to watch, would we?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-09, 19:23   Link #129
Decel

The action scenes were horrible. Right now I just want to end the season, but I think this is the last one I'll watch. The story has become incredibly complex for the sake of complexity in my view.

Loved that end card though.
Old 2022-06-10, 18:22   Link #130
Strahan

Meh, even if it isn't as good as it could be, it's still nice to see what one reads in the novel actually animated and voiced.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-12, 07:06   Link #131
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Some of the action in this episode is a bit sloppy but it's nowhere near a deal-breaker for anime-only like me who have been following since the very beginning.
Old 2022-06-12, 07:46   Link #132
magnuskn

Yeah, same here.
Old 2022-06-12, 18:03   Link #133
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I have no issue with the anime either. It obviously has a low budget, but they make it work.
Old 2022-06-13, 13:30   Link #134
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, that was a beautifully bittersweet season finale. And it has "To Be Continued" at the end. But we have no confirmation for Season 4, right?
Old 2022-06-13, 14:24   Link #135
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Its a terrible day for rain...
I can't imagine this not continuing onto season 4 (and maybe beyond) though it might take a year or so until we get it.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-13, 14:27   Link #136
Huh...?

Compared to the Novel, they didn't really do justice to the Emotional part of Myne meeting her family for the last time as Myne, and the goodbye she had with her father.

The whole thing felt too "happy-like" including the blessing (which shouldn't have been the case, as Myne was emotionally not fully stable).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-13, 15:06   Link #137
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

The last episode sure messed me up bad. I was in tears for most of it.
Old 2022-06-13, 15:36   Link #138
magnuskn

Quite the emotional ending. Well, if we get S4, we'll see what shenanigans Myne, ahem, "Rosemyne" gets up to as a high noble.

Also, evil Santa got what he deserved.
Old 2022-06-13, 18:26   Link #139
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nice new father Myne got. He was going to have her entire family killed and only reconsidered because it would have cause Myne to go berserk. Ferdinand always came across as stern, but compared to his brother, he has been very lenient.

Myne's goodbye to her family was very emotional. It could have been worse. At least they get news from Lutz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, that was a beautifully bittersweet season finale. And it has "To Be Continued" at the end. But we have no confirmation for Season 4, right?
The "To be continued" is all the confirmation we need. They even pulled a bait and switch by initially having the card say this story was over. And Myne's story is indeed over, now it's time for Rozemyne to take the stage.
Old 2022-06-13, 18:49   Link #140
Decel

Impressed by how they wrapped up the conflict succinctly well.

It sometimes felt a tad rushed and like many wrote abnormally didn't get too emotional, but not enough so to topple the overall mood.

Not sure I'll follow Rosemyne's story, but that last ep surely was selling it. We'll see.