AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-02-19, 02:03   Link #121
chucky
Always impatient

I dont really mind the misspelling; I love chunky soup anyway.
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 13:04   Link #122
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Finally a new episode out today. And I'm happy to hear that the episode ends exactly the way I was hoping, covering all of chapter 367....

Spoiler:

But I won't get to watch it probably until Tuesday (I'm leaving in a bit to go to the mountains)
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 22:24   Link #123
marvelB

Yeah, the latest episode kicked ass, especially during:

Spoiler:

Next week covers chapter 368 (since the preview even shows the other Straw-Hats changing into their EL outfits....). Should be some awesome stuff.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 14:06   Link #124
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 257:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 15:55   Link #125
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Excellent!

This episdoe was the shortest 16 minutes of One Piece in a while. I am a fan of DB/DBZ when they were fighting, so no complain here, or trying to rack my brain to figure out how the hell did they
Spoiler:
And what's wrong with Usopp?
Spoiler:
And Nami, does she ever cease to amaze?
Spoiler:
Also from the preview, it seems she is going to have a new dress. I can hardly wait.

monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 18:53   Link #126
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
And what's wrong with Usopp?
Spoiler:
I'm in the mountains now, so I can't point out the particular episode or find a pic from the manga, but when they're in the storage car, you can see the mask laying on the ground. As for what's wrong with him, he's just not happy being himself right now. But so much awesomeness. I was so happy that they left that a surprise for the anime viewers, that was one of the most fun turn of events ever for me.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Are you sure about that? Well, you're in for a surprise later.
Old 2006-02-27, 19:29   Link #127
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Of course, there's several scenes I look forward to seeing animated in future episodes:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-28, 13:04   Link #128
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
I'm in the mountains now, so I can't point out the particular episode or find a pic from the manga, but when they're in the storage car, you can see the mask laying on the ground. As for what's wrong with him, he's just not happy being himself right now. But so much awesomeness. I was so happy that they left that a surprise for the anime viewers, that was one of the most fun turn of events ever for me.
Mountains? Having prophetic vision: Thou shall worship Usopp? Sillyness aside, I'll rewatch that episode. That was a nice little surprise. I thought Usopp is going to start moping around as if to force his surrounding to feel sorry for him and then, BAM! Almost had a nosebleed from the sensory overload of the sexyness of this Usopp. At least I sat straight for a second. Btw, does the mask come up with a cape auto-generated as an upgrade to its wearer? I swear Usopp didn't have a cape a second ago.
Quote:
Are you sure about that? Well, you're in for a surprise later.
Hopefully it's a grenade laucher or a cannon that he can shoot from his shoulder.

Btw, will it be explained how the mask come to be there and if there were other users/beneficiaries of the mask? Surely Usopp can't be its first ever "victim".
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-28, 20:01   Link #129
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Mountains? Having prophetic vision: Thou shall worship Usopp?
Prophetic? That's old news. XD J/K

Quote:
Sillyness aside, I'll rewatch that episode. That was a nice little surprise. I thought Usopp is going to start moping around as if to force his surrounding to feel sorry for him and then, BAM! Almost had a nosebleed from the sensory overload of the sexyness of this Usopp.
The subs are out for it now. When I read that part in the manga, I was all like "nooooo Usopp " when he walked away all sad, and then he appears in this dorky mask and cape acting all badass and I'm like "GAHAHA DORK XD" So it's all good. I don't know if you caught it, but Sogeking is a pun, much like Usopp's name is. Sogeki = sniping + king.

Quote:
Btw, does the mask come up with a cape auto-generated as an upgrade to its wearer? I swear Usopp didn't have a cape a second ago.
He can fit a lot of stuff in his bag.

Quote:
Hopefully it's a grenade laucher or a cannon that he can shoot from his shoulder.
It isn't.

Quote:
Btw, will it be explained how the mask come to be there and if there were other users/beneficiaries of the mask? Surely Usopp can't be its first ever "victim".
Well, if you recall, there were lots of people wearing masks in Water 7 because of the costume festival that was going on. I doubt anyone used it for reasons other than that. When Sanji entered the baggage car where Usopp and Franky were, he mentioned that there were lots of masks laying around. I was looking for the picture of the mask on the ground, but I can't find it right now. He obviously just picked it up.
Old 2006-03-01, 11:20   Link #130
Nico

what is gomogomu cannon anyway? its not very clear, does he shoot a fireball or something?
Nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 14:23   Link #131
Chuixupu
Shikachu

It's Luffy and Zoro doing a combined move. Zoro's 300 pound Cannon plus Luffy's gomu-gomu no bazooka, I think. The force is so great that it blows a hole through the Aqua Laguna.
Old 2006-03-04, 17:12   Link #132
AMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Well this is pretty much all the detail you need...

Plus alot of other people talked about it in passing...so no harm, no foul ...
Erm actually she is preggos, buuuuut hopefully she will return soon because I DON'T like the new voice actress its too much of a change.

Source: http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8206
AMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 18:10   Link #133
Chuixupu
Shikachu

I'd like to point out that the official One Piece site still says Ikue is ill, not pregnant. I don't know where ANN got their info from. It could be either, I suppose. Ikue isn't exactly a spring chicken.
Old 2006-03-05, 15:14   Link #134
chucky
Always impatient

HAHAHAHAHA

Spoiler:
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 15:56   Link #135
Chuixupu
Shikachu

OMG

Spoiler:

That's all I've seen of the episode at the moment though. XD
Old 2006-03-05, 16:58   Link #136
hi no ken Jebus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu
OMG

Spoiler:

That's all I've seen of the episode at the moment though. XD

Yes that was hilarious

Spoiler for ep 258:

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2006-03-05 at 17:52.
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 17:10   Link #137
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
I have questions to ask you intelligent people.

1. How many episodes are we behind to the Luffy and Blueno fight? well how many episodes until we get to see some fighting any kind of fighting.

2. Why does it take so long to do episodes? I though every week an episode is supposed to air? Hell it did not take Yugioh this long to air episodes the yaired one every wek almost.

3. Sogeking is pretty cool!
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 20:51   Link #138
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
I have questions to ask you intelligent people.

1. How many episodes are we behind to the Luffy and Blueno fight? well how many episodes until we get to see some fighting any kind of fighting.

2. Why does it take so long to do episodes? I though every week an episode is supposed to air? Hell it did not take Yugioh this long to air episodes the yaired one every wek almost.

3. Sogeking is pretty cool!

1. It's pretty much unknown at this point. As already said, the latest episode covers chapter 368 and a bit of the beginning of 369. Episode lengths varies from 1 whole chapter to about 2 chapters, so it'll be a good while before we get to that point of the story in the anime.... But the train battles already started, though! Personally, I actually liked this point of the story better than the beginning of Enies Lobby in the manga....

2. Well, the episodes get put on hold a lot so the anime doesn't get too close to the current manga chapters. Trust me, it can be pretty disastrous when the anime actually gets further ahead than the manga does (just look at Rurouni Kenshin)...

3. Of course he's cool! Heck, Soge King owns, period!

Now, my review on the episode:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-05, 23:24   Link #139
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Remember people this is an ANIME-ONLY discussion...If you want to ask about when a fight takes place (when you know it takes place in the manga, spoiler-tab it or don't mention it) While I too am getting frustrated with the lack of fighting, I'd still like it to be a surprise when it comes to who fights who first...Please don't do this again...

Anyways eps 256 and 257 were actually pretty good to me...The animation has really taken a step up in One Piece's unique way...And i rather enjoyed the picturesque displays of Luffy riding the sea-train and the nice-looking veiws of the sea-train itself...

Don't know how much longer "Mr Prince" can hide out on top of the damn train with nobody knowing...And now with Luffy giving him permission to go "ape-$hit" this is gonna get ugly...I love Sanji, but I envision some major a$$ kicking if he winds up within a penny toss of Lucci..."Ain't everybody you, Luffy!!" You might have just signed some death certificates...

As for Ussop (sorry Chuix-chan), but his latest shananigans are boring me...Just let him sit on top of the train for the next few eps or so, please...

I also agree with monir (What I agree with monir? )..The LuffyxZolo combo was dope...It was something bright and "actiony"...During this arc I'll take anything that resembles action...And like I said the animation was pretty dope and clean (especially when showing some of the train-closeups and what-not)...So overall wasn't really dissapointed with the last 2episodes...Kinda enjoyed the ride, but with that said I wouldn't mind looking for Nami's phone rather than watching these eps^^...

Anyways atleast we get some Lucci and REAL BADGUYS' discussions next ep...I wish I could Quantum Leap to a future version of myself that has finally finished this arc...Don't think I can take all this waiting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMS
Erm actually she is preggos, buuuuut hopefully she will return soon because I DON'T like the new voice actress its too much of a change.

Source: http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8206

Well usually when a woman becomes violated xD, I mean "with-child"...She usually starts off a bit sick...So maybe she was sick and found out she was "preggos" later on...In any event Chopper's new voice has hardley affected me in any form (although I miss that hysterical gasp he makes, like he does when Ussop tells him an incredible lie )...
Old 2006-03-06, 01:27   Link #140
AMS

How can you not be affected its liek a drastic change?
AMS is offline   Reply With Quote