AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-18, 17:29   Link #121
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

Now that Ichigo has (allegedly) lost his powers, I vote that Bleach will run as a school harem comedy show for another 100 episodes.

Not knowing exactly how much he has aged (allegedly, he can be referred to as an "old man" by his peers), he could even enter an education program aimed at young adults that have not, for one reason or the other, finished their high school education. This could turn Bleach into a seinen anime about the problems young adults face in todays society, be it about relationships, education, financial situation or finding meaning in life.
Old 2011-02-18, 18:03   Link #122
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

i found a flaw today in bleach (so many to pick from i know ect.) but just listen

if you look through almost evey panel in bleach where ichigo is in bankai the guard on tensa zangetsu is facing the other way while the front cover of volume 19 is the oppisite to what it usually is and guess what symbol it makes?

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-02-19, 00:13   Link #123
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
Now that Ichigo has (allegedly) lost his powers, I vote that Bleach will run as a school harem comedy show for another 100 episodes.

Not knowing exactly how much he has aged (allegedly, he can be referred to as an "old man" by his peers), he could even enter an education program aimed at young adults that have not, for one reason or the other, finished their high school education. This could turn Bleach into a seinen anime about the problems young adults face in todays society, be it about relationships, education, financial situation or finding meaning in life.
I would totally like that, with such great character art Bleach could be very popular with the females.
Old 2011-02-19, 02:19   Link #124
Bluepopcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
^ And FGT did what exactly? Oh, that's right...NO DAMAGE because Aizen has hax regen -____- It's just a plot device for Ichigo to lose his powers.
It did exactly what it was supposed to do. Urahara states it weakened aizen enough for the seal to take effect. Geez doesn't anybody actually watch the episode i don't understand why i have to re-explain.
Old 2011-02-19, 04:23   Link #125
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
fixed. though i haven't looked at his sword flange to make sure myself.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2011-02-19, 09:09   Link #126
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
fixed. though i haven't looked at his sword flange to make sure myself.
Every volume of volume 19 of bleach in english has a nazi symol on the front cover. can you photoshop evey cover ever made?

Old 2011-02-19, 10:24   Link #127
Fran~
floating away...

Come on!!!!

stop with the Swastika= Nazi thing.
Old 2011-02-19, 11:15   Link #128
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

i'm reading some comments on the anime topic and the manga topic and the whole swastika thing is something liking these two different topics together. can the childish and immature conspiracists among us please stop with it? kubo isn't a nazi. bleach hasn't turned into a pro nazi manga. if you went back in time to old days india and saw a swastika there would you accuse the country of being nazi's?

here is the hilt/flange/bit that stops you holding the blade. it doesn't even look like the stereotyped swastika, even reversed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The bleach wiki site
The cross guard has four prongs bent out to form the shape of the manji (which is the kanji for "ban," meaning "full", as in "full release").
it's been done many times before, but i'm sure kubo's drawn a scene, decided it looks better reversed and just does that.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2011-02-19, 13:42   Link #129
Xagzan

Times like these I'm glad I read this fight in the manga long ago. It gave me a chance to get out all my annoyance and confusion at the utter rushed clusterhax that was the Deicide arc, with all the holes and massive shortcomings, and allowed me to mostly get over that stuff by the time that I watched these last few episodes and just enjoy the action while storing my WTFs in the back of my mind.

But for anyone who's seeing this for the first time and is disappointed, the disappointment will last for a bit, but eventually it gets to the point where you accept it and find the enjoyment where you can.
Old 2011-02-19, 13:47   Link #130
Alchemist007
*Author

This is still an ongoing discussion with you guys? Take a hint, it's not a nazi swastika. Sure you can flip it and shit to make it seem like it is if you're an anal mofo, but if you really think KT would do that on purpose, you're the one with the perceptual issues.
Old 2011-02-19, 16:15   Link #131
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
i
Spoiler for bleh:
Where can I buy that sword? ^^

I don't know. I think the anime is pretty entertaining at the moment.
Old 2011-02-19, 16:51   Link #132
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Where can I buy that sword? ^^

I don't know. I think the anime is pretty entertaining at the moment.
e-Bay of course

Old 2011-02-20, 18:09   Link #133
Sephrim1
Sephrim1

I absolutely loved this episode and I loved how Ichigo's final form looked animated, but it just all happened so quickly. He raped Aizen though, but I wish they would've fought a little longer. I think Ichigo could have raped him without the mugetsu technique also, but I think that's what made him loose his power, not transforming into the final getsuga itself.
Old 2011-02-20, 19:22   Link #134
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Initially I was quite pi$$ed with the episode...The build-up was probably the most random Main Villain vs. Hero showdown I'd ever seen in shonen (OK, 6 years for this, OK eff-it lets go!)...Aizen transforming into all these hollowesque, espadaesque released forms right into yet another screaming beast that Bleach villains are famous for very much annoyed me (Bounto Leader >>> Aizen? That don't seem too stupid bout now)...

What saved things for me other than Ichigo becoming a way cooler, knife-dust version of human-state Inuyasha, was the way Aizen returned to his "normal" state a bit in the end...I loved the somberness of Urahara as he sealed Aizen away, an Aizen's passionate last words knowing he was done far, knowing Urahara was perhaps beyond being his equal, THAT's what I signed up for...The intricate expression, the true reasoning behind what he was doing, that's what was so lost in this entire arc of setting up this final fight (Not just Aizen's expressed arrogance, but how what he was doing effected the greater story removed from him)...We were given a great morsel in the end, but it was THE END...

Yeah Ichigo was scrumdiddlyumptios even if he was given a Mario mushroom offscreen like f**k it, but 6,7, years of Aizen being the big bad baddie, for all the time we've waited, he just didn't measure up...To think I once compared him with Shinobu Sensui (YYH)...

*shakes-head*

Bleach...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2011-02-21 at 00:22. Reason: syntax...Thanx cheeky person below me...
Old 2011-02-20, 19:48   Link #135
Alchemist007
*Author

Shinobu Sensui*
Old 2011-02-20, 23:40   Link #136
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Seriously compare Aizen to Sensui wow

Aizen is tough and I can't just stop watching this episode. Obviously Aizen hogyoku form made him go mad and in the end it became his weakness
Old 2011-02-20, 23:53   Link #137
Alchemist007
*Author

Thinking about it, Sensui was actually smarter than Aizen. Thing went pretty much the way he wanted, although he was tough to disappoint considering his condition.
Old 2011-02-21, 00:21   Link #138
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Sensui was waaaaay smarter than Aizen...Aizen was pretentious because he was an arrogant snob with unquestionable talent, Sensui was pretentious because he had 7 different personalities which he created so that he could train himself to use the holy light...Kubo clearly crafted Aizen's image after Shinobu with the revelation that he wanted to make all 3 realms fairgame since all sides were corrupted, but in Aizen's case it all fizzled out and became a pure "My $hit smells better than yours" - and I look more fabulous than you contest, which was disappointing...Only in the end once sealed by Urahara did we get back to that being the reason Aizen did all this...Kubo failed to clearly indoctrinate this point even if he had stolen the idea...

For the better part of his enhanced state, Aizen was just another screaming monster that quite frankly deserved to have his character completely shattered (He was basically Yammy during this fight )...Sensui arguably surpassed the main character of the series even in defeat...There is no comparison (even if one day there might of been)...Like I said filler arc Bounto master had better reasonings than Aizen, and that's sad...
Old 2011-02-21, 02:10   Link #139
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
A lot of people seem really confused by the Zangetsu confession.

Zangetsu IS Ichigo, or at least a part of him. That's why when Ichigo does FGT, he said he becomes Zangetsu.

If Ichigo dies, Zangetsu dies as well. Of course Zangetsu-hollow hybrid would want to protect his own existence. Seems pretty basic to me?
So he wasn't after Ichigo's sweet ass? That self-serving whore was faking all those streams of tears so distinguishable even under water that splashed on Ichigo's closing face just to save his own hide.....? Sir, dare I say that you seem to have missed out on a very important fact about here...?(...along with my smileys in the previous post. I promised to be more generous with them in the future.).....

Ichigo didn't die as of episode 309 once he finished executing the supa-mega-ultra Getsuga Tensho. Ichigo lost his shinigami power however. That inner being which represent the respective weapon of every shinigami is called zanpakuto. And since only a shinigami able to use his/her zanpakuto and eventually able to communicate with them and evolve further, what happens when someone loses their shinigami power? Apparently one becomes a regular Joe. Again, Ichigo becomes a regular once he loses his shinigami power. Losing his shinigami power doesn't seem to mean Ichigo dies, cause if that was the case he should have been dead after the execution of supa-mega-ultra Getsuga Tensho.

Now that we have established some of the obvious facts, let's venture into the meaning behind hybrid Zangetsu's words, "Ichigo, what I want to protect is you." as tears are streaming down his face. What do those visible tears under water that dropping on Ichigo's face mean?

Dear Langus, it means that while Ichigo is busy saving the existence of Karakura town at whatever cost, he really wasn't considering that Zangetsu might be unwilling to part with him. Remember once a shinigami loses his power, he can no longer use a zanpakuto. Meaning, Zangetsu can no longer communicate with Ichigo. It's the story of a zanpakuto who has become fond of its wielder to the point it doesn't want to part with him, but at the same time it has no choice but to do what its wielder wants. Zangetsu wasn't thinking about his own demise. That's what that entire scene was trying to convey.

It was as basic as you thought, but I believe you strayed away slightly from the context of the scene to come up with your particular conclusion. Yeah, zangetsu doesn't want Ichigo to die, but not because he is worried about his own demise. The entire tear scene along with zangetsu reluctance to teach Ichigo that ultimate move appears shallow otherwise. Then again, I can be totally wrong...., especially if he drops dead in the next episode. In that case, I apologize ahead for daring to peek inside Kubo's head and my own daring attempt at rectifying your own understanding.

*No smileys here*
Old 2011-02-21, 02:59   Link #140
Langus
Optimus Prime

I'm a little confused Monir, but will plow forward nonetheless.

Perhaps I was a little too liberal in my use of "death" as a comparison point. If Ichigo dies, Zangetsu dies too - that's a given. However, since we currently don't know one way or another, we have to assume that if Ichigo loses his Shinigami powers, Zangetsu also dies. While Zangetsu IS Ichigo, I envision him as more a part of Ichigo - like an arm. If it gets cut off the owner of the arm (Ichigo) most likely won't die, but he will be severely impeded in his abilities. The arm, however, does die and unless there is a miracle or a very talented doctor on hand they shall never be re-united to work together again. Given that understanding, it's entirely believable that Zangetsu would want to save his own hide. He doesn't want to disappear and he rather likes working with Ichigo because it gives him purpose.

Hopefully that little analogy clears things up