Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-04, 01:01   Link #121
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Meijin battle will be gud

Final battle also gud, but will end with shitty RG finisher again
Old 2014-03-04, 01:03   Link #122
zerodragon

great episode, the people's faces in the stadium were priceless that i couldn't stop laughing for awhile. that moment alone made the episode worth it for me
Old 2014-03-04, 01:07   Link #123
Desruprot
Has Shining Fingers

yes a good episode, hope to see the next one, I also hope they complete the series.
Desruprot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 01:14   Link #124
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Dosen't quite match the visceral, heartfelt manly-sentimental fury of Felini VS Reiji, but I'd be lying if I wasn't smiling with tears of joy at the shot of Aira's heart finally set free as the blossoms in the wind when Reiji destroyed the Papilon that ruined her life.

I'm really nervous because so close to Episode 24, is the Series Final Coming Soon? Why don't good things last longer!!
Old 2014-03-04, 01:15   Link #125
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

"kokoro no hikari"

LOL Meijin, you are watching too much shounen anime
Old 2014-03-04, 01:25   Link #126
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
"kokoro no hikari"

LOL Meijin, you are watching too much shounen anime
Yeah, I actually laughed out on that one. I've seen a few people found it amusing, too.

I kinda see Meijin as a parody of everything in a hotblooded shounen anime hero: I wonder how many people see him the same way. It's rare that you see a parody that's actually quite competent, and I really like it.

That entire segment after the necklace reaction was just one punchline after the other.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 01:49   Link #127
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I can't complaint too much about RG knuckle abuse because my Gundam Battle Series strategy is to wait for my SP gauge to fill, then SP attack the boss/ace units.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 03:48   Link #128
pikachuwei

I think people were too obsessed over the RG knuckle and calling the entire fight terrible when really it was a extremely well animated fight with awesome music

The Papillion was absolutely TRASHING SBS and could have destroyed it 3 times over if it wasnt for Aila's jobbing. Dunno how people call her worse than Reiji when she could have killed him at the very start without even going into Embody Overdrive but she decided to stab the ground instead. I don't doubt that Aila is by far the strongest pilot in the series, she beat Gawain the world runner up without the Embody suit with a Jegan after all.

The final jobbing by Aila was a bit disappointing but I don't even care because the rest of the episode was so damm brilliant. There was no other way to make Reiji win against such a superior opponent they had to make Aila job. Im glad it came about after Aila had already basically thrown away all her weapons and they had shown clearly she could have won so many times over, instead of Reiji actually beating her in a 'legit' fight

Lets be fair, we get epic fights in gundam often, but how often do we get the warm fuzzy heartwarming flirting fights that was this episode? I loved every second of it.
Old 2014-03-04, 03:53   Link #129
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Seriously. Using the RG system to decide every battle, is getting a little stale now. The SBS does have OTHER systems, so use them...

They have yet to introduce Discharge Aqua mode. With only four episodes to go, will they really just drop it on our laps during the finale?
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 08:04   Link #130
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Seriously. Using the RG system to decide every battle, is getting a little stale now. The SBS does have OTHER systems, so use them...

They have yet to introduce Discharge Aqua mode. With only four episodes to go, will they really just drop it on our laps during the finale?
Well, without being able to absorb the opponents' particle beams using the absorb shield, then Star Build Strike's other systems become totally useless.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 09:16   Link #131
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
I think people were too obsessed over the RG knuckle and calling the entire fight terrible when really it was a extremely well animated fight with awesome music

The Papillion was absolutely TRASHING SBS and could have destroyed it 3 times over if it wasnt for Aila's jobbing. Dunno how people call her worse than Reiji when she could have killed him at the very start without even going into Embody Overdrive but she decided to stab the ground instead. I don't doubt that Aila is by far the strongest pilot in the series, she beat Gawain the world runner up without the Embody suit with a Jegan after all.

The final jobbing by Aila was a bit disappointing but I don't even care because the rest of the episode was so damm brilliant. There was no other way to make Reiji win against such a superior opponent they had to make Aila job. Im glad it came about after Aila had already basically thrown away all her weapons and they had shown clearly she could have won so many times over, instead of Reiji actually beating her in a 'legit' fight

Lets be fair, we get epic fights in gundam often, but how often do we get the warm fuzzy heartwarming flirting fights that was this episode? I loved every second of it.
She almost trashed Reiji's mech because she cheated.She loses the moment she took off her helmet.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 10:10   Link #132
Death Usagi
Banned

Pretty much saying, without plot armor and if Reiji never met Aila before, Reiji would have lost this battle.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 10:25   Link #133
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
She almost trashed Reiji's mech because she cheated.She loses the moment she took off her helmet.
Her power backfired, it's RG system all over again.

If Reiji use RG from the start, she's TOAST
Old 2014-03-04, 10:32   Link #134
Raso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

The RG system + her Embody system's might have put her in a coma.
Raso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 12:15   Link #135
Nitestorm

Ultimately no one knows about Aila's ability aside from the Flana Institute guys. I imagine this isn't knowledge she would want to get out if she wants to remain competitive in future battles. If you think about it, it isn't hard to overcome her ability not through pilot skill, but just gunpla design (just make sure you unit floods out plavsky particles, like how the SBS is when the RG system is active). It's pretty hard to read the flow of particles if a ton of them are going all over the place.
Nitestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 12:21   Link #136
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Pretty much saying, without plot armor and if Reiji never met Aila before, Reiji would have lost this battle.
Dude & dudet, I don't deny that plot armor was involved in this match, but on an even playing field, Aila would get crushed.

Lets look at the two basic gunplay cateogories:

Control: During the match, it was evident that Reiji's control ability is a considerable margin higher than Aila's.

Building: They're roughly equal in building ability.

The only trump she has over Reiji is her precognition ability that is granted by her ability to see Plavsky particles. That coupled with her exceptional control ability puts her on par with him. When the Embody system is equipped, I admit that she's above him, but it doesn't change the fact that she's using hax to win.

Moral of the story, take away Embody & use RG so that she can't predict the direction of the particles, then we have a clear winner & that is not Aila.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Well, without being able to absorb the opponents' particle beams using the absorb shield, then Star Build Strike's other systems become totally useless.
I know, but what's the point of teasing the name if we don't get to see it in use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

Ditto.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-03-04, 12:50   Link #137
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Dude & dudet, I don't deny that plot armor was involved in this match, but on an even playing field, Aila would get crushed.

Lets look at the two basic gunplay cateogories:

Control: During the match, it was evident that Reiji's control ability is a considerable margin higher than Aila's.

Building: They're roughly equal in building ability.

The only trump she has over Reiji is her precognition ability that is granted by her ability to see Plavsky particles. That coupled with her exceptional control ability puts her on par with him. When the Embody system is equipped, I admit that she's above him, but it doesn't change the fact that she's using hax to win.

Moral of the story, take away Embody & use RG so that she can't predict the direction of the particles, then we have a clear winner & that is not Aila.

I know, but what's the point of teasing the name if we don't get to see it in use?

Ditto.
Not sure I agree with the basis of the stance. I don't see Aila's ability being any different than the piloting skills that Reiji or Yuuki have. Natural abilities that let them pilot better than their opponents. It'd be like saying Yuuki is hax because he's a great pilot. May be true, but then we're throwing hax at everyone who is elite at something. While the Flana Institute tried to interpret it as a third category I think it slips right into control.

Depending on how they interpreted the RG system it could have gone from instant win to instant loss. That thing is using even more particles, it should have made it easier for Aila to predict not harder.

In the end it really was more about plot armor and Reiji and Sei needing to win. Aila was pretty much throwing an "I quit" statement out there. Her winning would have just made it more complicated so they needed to tweak things to make her lose.
Old 2014-03-04, 13:04   Link #138
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not sure I agree with the basis of the stance. I don't see Aila's ability being any different than the piloting skills that Reiji or Yuuki have. Natural abilities that let them pilot better than their opponents. It'd be like saying Yuuki is hax because he's a great pilot. May be true, but then we're throwing hax at everyone who is elite at something. While the Flana Institute tried to interpret it as a third category I think it slips right into control.

Depending on how they interpreted the RG system it could have gone from instant win to instant loss. That thing is using even more particles, it should have made it easier for Aila to predict not harder.

In the end it really was more about plot armor and Reiji and Sei needing to win. Aila was pretty much throwing an "I quit" statement out there. Her winning would have just made it more complicated so they needed to tweak things to make her lose.
Like I said, I don't deny that the plot armor was strong with this one. I acknowledge that it was shining ever so brightly this episode. But your analogy is off. Having advanced skill in a category isn't anything close to hax. It imply means that (a) the person trained hard to hone their skill or (b) the person is competent enough to pilot without much training.

In Aila's case, the ability to see particle flow & predict/react accordingly, even if it is a natural born ability, that is an undeniably hax ability. (Kinda like how Hashirama is the answer to everything in Naruto...lol [Only Naruto fans would get that one])

Nah, having more particles in her way would indeed make it harder to predict the course. That's because the particles create a path that she uses to determine the trajectory of the MS's actions/movements. Having a higher concentration of particles, obscures her vision in multiple directions, making it impossible for her to chart a course. ie. Her particle precognition fails & forces her to rely on her control ability only.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2014-03-04 at 13:23. Reason: Grammar
Old 2014-03-04, 13:09   Link #139
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

It's using particles in a way that Aila is not used to.

The episode made it clear that the build knuckle made it so Aila using her particle precognition was a hindrance rather than a benefit. She was sure she could dodge the punch because of her abilities, but couldn't. You could see the massive amount of particles emanating from the Build Knuckle actually blocking her field of vision. These particles were not something an ordinary pilot could see. Even if Aila had seen it before, she never saw it coming directly at her.

And Aila's abilities ARE different from Reiji's and Yuuki's. The episode spent a good amount of time explaining that. She could see the "glittering particles" around the suits: Something no one else could do and the entire reason Flana Institute took her in.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 16:27   Link #140
Somnus
Eh?

As someone who absolutely LOVES the ships in this show, this ep gets an automatic 10/10 for the Reiji x Aila interaction alone. Throw in everything else (Aila development/backstory, more Fellini x Mihoshi, the classic gundam out-of-body experience, Reiji's "solution", Aila telling off her bosses, etc.) and this episode gets a rating that cannot be measured.

Not to mention Aila finally achieving her freedom, and that genuine smile at the end there. It's always fun to get attached to a character enough that you can't help but be happy when they are. Lookin' forward to seeing her personality added to the group dynamic now, it should be a riot.

Also, about Mao...though I can understand why people dislike his torment being used as a repeated joke, I was laughing my head off when he cried "Misaki-chan" at the end there. So I, for one, am A-OK with it.

Lastly, this episode wasn't about the battle at all, so it's a bit of a letdown for those who were looking forward to that, but I'm glad they chose to go down this route instead. Having our main duo's battles offset by the epic battles of their opponents worked out for the better, I find.

P.S. if there's ever a S2 (which I dearly hope so), and they go off chasing Reiji to Arian, or he goes missing somehow, then Sei now has a backup pilot in Aila close by.