Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-12-23, 16:30   Link #121
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Why is Haruhi Suzumiya so much more interesting to watch than something like Mayoi Neko Overrun? I'd say a lot of it has to do with the fact that Haruhi's author is a certifiable sci-fi and physics nerd.
Actually it was more because it told people who are bored with their lives to seek adventure. And since many who watch anime do it out of lack of anything better to do, it stroke a vein.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 14:38   Link #122
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
QFT. It's not like importing ideas means you have to lose your own industry's sense of identity either. Unlike a lot of the people who tend to post in these friends, I'm a hardcore moe fan - cuteness and "sugar overload" is easily one of my favourite things about anime. As such, I find it very annoying that many of the people who write these shows seem to recycle plot elements rather than finding something interesting to work with.

Why is Haruhi Suzumiya so much more interesting to watch than something like Mayoi Neko Overrun? I'd say a lot of it has to do with the fact that Haruhi's author is a certifiable sci-fi and physics nerd.
I don't mind moe shows, hell Milky Homes for such a moe cast had some funny male supporting cast members. But with Light Novels, the current trend is to keep it similar to a Visual Novel in terms of casting. Keep the male cast small while they look at the cute girls so you can seemingly get away with a more milquetoast male lead. The fanservice and female cast will distract the male readers. While this isn't always the case, I still find it odd for male leads to absolutely struggle in making friends with the same gender yet gain the attention of a variety of girls.
Old 2010-12-26, 04:40   Link #123
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Didn't they change many male characters to females in the adaptation of Kuuchu Buranko? Seems like girls sell better than boys. Because boy leads mean for many Naruto types or something. And then there are the Lelouch types that sell by being bisexual. Check out the fanfics if you don't "believe it". Looks like straight serious males don't sell much anymore.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 10:00   Link #124
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Check out the fanfics if you don't "believe it".
What do fanfics have to do with this? People can watch the primary content of a show neither know nor care if fanfic exists to form an opinion on it.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 02:45   Link #125
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

OP: Japan produced anime only? Probably going sunset soon as obviously more and more are outsourced to korean and china production houses for labor intensive jobs for quite some time now.

However this follows basic economics and anime as a whole is not going to fail soon. What will happen is that korean and chinese influences on anime wll increase and the industry becomes integrated. Manhwa (Dongman in china) and Anime will combine with the english labeling of the product either anime or manhwa (bigger bet on the former as its branding is stronger)

This is a normal relationship for developing and advanced countries. What Japan needs though is to find its new position in the pyramid or advance new areas.
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 01:49   Link #126
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Didn't they change many male characters to females in the adaptation of Kuuchu Buranko? Seems like girls sell better than boys. Because boy leads mean for many Naruto types or something. And then there are the Lelouch types that sell by being bisexual. Check out the fanfics if you don't "believe it". Looks like straight serious males don't sell much anymore.
Don't think so, but I do got some justified sense of concern when 95% of all light novels have this uncomfortable fact that there are more girls than guys. One part due to the artists hired for the work. (They say real life writes the plot, I will also say artists write the plot as well).
Old 2010-12-30, 03:39   Link #127
Archon_Wing
Did nothing wrong
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Negative. The industry will continue to play it safer and safer and retreat to its very core. We'll see an influx of even more anime with insular references that nobody else will understand. They'll have to stick with what will definitely sell. Then the structure will start cannibalizing itself until the system can no longer sustain what's left until everything peters out. Until someone has the courage to take another risk. Basically, anime must die to save itself and be reborn. So uhh, positive in the long run? It'll run in a cycle; formed, prospered, grew decadent, died, and eventually reborn through its own ashes.

Then again, given the economic situation and doubting their core fanbase really has that much money to exploit this is only natural.

/overly dramatic prediction

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-31, 16:26   Link #128
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Even if the immediate future for anime and manga is negative (and it certaintly is), anime and manga is still a business, and all businesses have fluctuating ups and downs. Right now, the general overall outlook for anime and manga is more supply than demand, therefore, the companies, producers, etc. will basically go out of buissness (implosion) thereby decreasing the supply, and raising the demand to raise the number of companies and series (explosion).And thus the cycle continues.
RandySyler is offline   Reply With Quote