AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-10-21, 06:47   Link #121
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Yeah, it was a side effect of using KK10 and if KK20 happens without him mastering his ki, i think the effect will take a tool on him again.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 06:48   Link #122
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
The problem is if the side effect will take a hit on Goku after that. Before after he's using KK10, he receive energy disorientation that causes his instant transmission to go random places. I hope the side effect this time doesn't kick in right away.
Goku had been spamming KK10 and nothing had happened to him until now. It is safe that he was already mastered SSB KK10, or perhaps even SSB KK20 since Beerus doesn't seem surprised with it and Goku doesn't making a big deal either that he can use SSB KK20.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 09:32   Link #123
Hakai

Spoiler:

Goku got kicked in the dick
Not cool Toppo, as a brother you should understand dammit

Seems like Toppo has God ki(at least in the manga).
Old 2017-10-21, 10:14   Link #124
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Kaio Ken is a good technique.

Too bad Manga Goku doesn't want to use it.
No, it's good that Manga Goku doesn't use it. That's where the anime jumped the shark. Keep that crap out of the superior story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Do you remember what happened after he used the 10x Kaio-ken plus Super Saiyan Blue against Hit in the U6 vs. U7 tournament? Not just what happened right afterwards, but also the sickness he developed where he couldn't control his ki properly. Kaio-ken is a dangerous technique for a mortal.
Quote:
^I see. But still. Let's talk when he can do that with, say, 1 million times Kaio-ken.
Talk about moving the goal post.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 10:20   Link #125
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No, it's good that Manga Goku doesn't use it. That's where the anime jumped the shark. Keep that crap out of the superior story.
Nah, anime itself has a lot cooler moments than manga itself.
Old 2017-10-21, 10:29   Link #126
GDB

Quote:
Nah, anime itself has a lot cooler moments than manga itself.
That's basically what jumping the shark means though. Throwing out coherent story for "cool moments".
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-21, 10:33   Link #127
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That's basically what jumping the shark means though. Throwing out coherent story for "cool moments".
Pretty sure I never read DBZ for a coherent story. So yeah, "cool moments" is the reasons why I watch DBS.

Plus, "An antagonistic battle" is such a great battle theme for DBS, especially it was played during the Father and Son Garlick Gun.
Old 2017-10-21, 10:39   Link #128
Hakai

Although I overall like the anime more, but if the manga was weekly and had slower pacing+more contents I'd definitely prefer the manga.

Wish Toyotaro was involved in the anime team as well...
Old 2017-10-21, 10:41   Link #129
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaishin View Post
Although I overall like the anime more, but if the manga was weekly and had slower pacing+more contents I'd definitely prefer the manga.

Wish Toyotaro was involved in the anime team as well...
The problem with the manga was the author had rushed Frieza Arc, Beerus Arc and U6 vs U7 arc which made the whole manga felt incomplete. (to me).
Old 2017-10-21, 14:30   Link #130
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah. The manga completely glossed over everything about the battle against Frieza.

And the original story for DBS is the anime, anyway. Though I don't know what Toriyama himself would've done: Keeping the God ki from leaking out, or Kaio-ken plus Super Saiyan Blue. Whichever one he would've picked is the true canon power-up for Super Saiyan Blue.

But either way, I do like the anime more. Just, I would've done without the episodes that seem like obvious filler.
Old 2017-10-21, 17:16   Link #131
alex_drian

Defintely the manga is more coherent, but change fun for coherence, so, I like anime more. Zanmas arc suffered of this.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 00:58   Link #132
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Excellent chapter. We got to see how some GoD's fight and the sparring match between Goku and Toppo had a different outcome, however Jiren is still a thing.

Since Goku cant use Kaoiken during SSGSS in the manga, I think hes going to need to use SSGSS Completed more often to take things to the next level.
Old 2017-10-29, 09:54   Link #133
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Yeah. I hope that the new form he gets while fighting Jiren in the anime is also a thing in the manga (note: I haven't gotten that far in the anime yet; I only know about it from hearsay).

I like the Toppo vs. Goku fight in the manga better than the anime one, to be honest. Toppo is more tolerable in the manga. But I wonder if Goku is really already a God of Destruction candidate? Whether it's in the anime or in the manga, he really doesn't seem to be that strong yet at that point in the story. But in the anime, he does seem evenly matched with Toppo, so if Toppo is as strong as a God of Destruction, then that should mean Goku already is as well at that point. I'm confused.
Old 2017-10-29, 11:10   Link #134
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
^Yeah. I hope that the new form he gets while fighting Jiren in the anime is also a thing in the manga (note: I haven't gotten that far in the anime yet; I only know about it from hearsay).

I like the Toppo vs. Goku fight in the manga better than the anime one, to be honest. Toppo is more tolerable in the manga. But I wonder if Goku is really already a God of Destruction candidate? Whether it's in the anime or in the manga, he really doesn't seem to be that strong yet at that point in the story. But in the anime, he does seem evenly matched with Toppo, so if Toppo is as strong as a God of Destruction, then that should mean Goku already is as well at that point. I'm confused.
Goku is GoD candidate because Whis asked him whether he is interested to be GoD....well, in anime though.

And wasn't that Beerus said the same thing to Vegeta in the manga that Vegeta could be a lesser/low-tier GoD but will still below him.
Old 2017-10-29, 12:26   Link #135
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Goku is GoD candidate because Whis asked him whether he is interested to be GoD....well, in anime though.

And wasn't that Beerus said the same thing to Vegeta in the manga that Vegeta could be a lesser/low-tier GoD but will still below him.
Well Goku already turn it down so i guess Vegeta can take his seat. Still, i wonder how the manga will made about tournament of power itself.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-29, 12:32   Link #136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Excellent chapter. We got to see how some GoD's fight and the sparring match between Goku and Toppo had a different outcome, however Jiren is still a thing.

Since Goku cant use Kaoiken during SSGSS in the manga, I think hes going to need to use SSGSS Completed more often to take things to the next level.
Thing is, he already used Mastered SSJ Blue against Toppo (his aura was only around his fist, just like against Merged Zamasu) so he's going to need something more in the tournament in order to be seen as a threat that needs to be dealt with by Jiren.
Old 2017-10-29, 15:10   Link #137
DragonOsman
Dragon King

His ki was leaking. When it's not leaking, there also isn't any of that stuff coming out along with the aura of Blue. So yeah, I'd say he wasn't using Completed Blue here.

Anyway, about the candidacy thing. Goku may already have declined, but what I was really asking was if he's already at that level now. Both in the manga and in the anime. Not the latest episode of the anime, but rather at the time when he fought Toppo.
Old 2017-10-29, 22:27   Link #138
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Thing is, he already used Mastered SSJ Blue against Toppo (his aura was only around his fist, just like against Merged Zamasu) so he's going to need something more in the tournament in order to be seen as a threat that needs to be dealt with by Jiren.
That's debatable. While it's true he was going to use a technique similar to Hakai with that punch, that presumebly requires him to be in Mastered SSGSS, he also needs time to concentrate to stop his ki from leaking.
He literally had no time to do that, he went straight into SSGSS from SSG.

And considering the boost Mastered gives over regular SSGSS, Goku wouldnt have lost so easily.
Old 2017-10-29, 22:50   Link #139
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Anyway, about the candidacy thing. Goku may already have declined, but what I was really asking was if he's already at that level now. Both in the manga and in the anime. Not the latest episode of the anime, but rather at the time when he fought Toppo.
Neither Toppo isn't at GoD level. Just because that they are GoD candidate doesn't mean that they are at GoD level. It is just that they are strong enough to qualified to be one. That is why Whis train Goku and Vegeta because both of them have the potential to be one. Beerus was trained by Whis too in the past.

At this point only Jiren is GoD level.
Old 2017-10-30, 00:46   Link #140
SilverGlavenus

Well we do know that Jiren is stronger than Belmod, but we do NOT know how strong Belmod is compared to other GoDs. It seems that each GoD has a quirk or a special power. Jiren may be GoD level, but I'm not sure he can beat other gods.
Anyway, Goku won't be the nexxt GoD. He is too carefree and doesn't have what it takes to destroy an entire planet.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
donkan mc