AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-06-14, 08:49   Link #121
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Maybe there really is hope the finale can pull things together given they have one hour. That said, they have no excuse now, with that much time and the months since ep12 to do it.
Old 2021-06-29, 23:45   Link #122
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode 13:
Spoiler:
Old 2021-06-30, 01:47   Link #123
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

Spoiler for about Koito:

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-30, 01:49   Link #124
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Spoiler for Episode 13:
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-30, 01:52   Link #125
scififan

Neiru has more screen time this time. It is still strange. She is the last one to clear the game. Her sister is back, but Neiru is stuck in the dream world. Frill takes interest in her.

Momo is the first girl to clear the game, but her revived friend does not remember Momo. Her former friend got herself a boyfriend. By deduction, all girls who were in love with Momo, after revival, will like men.

Ai also saved her best friend, even she somehow knews their freindship was fake. The former best freind does not remember Ai. Only Ai remembers that freind jumping off from the school's rooftop. At least Ai does not run away from home, and picked up by some random guy on the street.

Ai becomes a NEET again. She is still friends with other three girls. She sets a new goal to save Neiru.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-30, 10:21   Link #126
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Momo is the first girl to clear the game, but her revived friend does not remember Momo. Her former friend got herself a boyfriend. By deduction, all girls who were in love with Momo, after revival, will like men.
I'll have to rewatch, but I don't think Momoe specified whether her friend found a boyfriend or a girlfriend. I was looking, too. Maybe the Funi translation was more vague than the actual line.

I have to rewatch anyway, because the first time around I completely whiffed on the fact that...

Spoiler for Episode 13:
Old 2021-06-30, 16:08   Link #127
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Damn. 3 months wait and they just... ended with cliffanger. I presume Neiru dealed with Frill somehow (off screen) but who cares. I really hoped for better...

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2021-06-30 at 18:02.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-30, 16:14   Link #128
Dark Wing

I honestly feel a little ripped off. That ending turned what could've been an amazing show to an alright one.
Old 2021-06-30, 18:02   Link #129
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I honestly feel a little ripped off. That ending turned what could've been an amazing show to an alright one.
My exact thoughts. They could have ended it way better. Even with 25 min of new footrage and not spending on anything flashy. But nope.
Old 2021-06-30, 18:20   Link #130
Alchemist007
*Author

Even with the implied big event that did happen in this episode, it could've been done a lot better. Really lackluster way to go, what a shame.

Ep 13 (not counting the recap): 4/10

Overall show remains a 7/10.
Old 2021-06-30, 20:03   Link #131
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
My exact thoughts. They could have ended it way better. Even with 25 min of new footrage and not spending on anything flashy. But nope.
Overly ambitious is an excellent term I would use to describe Wonder Egg. It's clear that there are some very talented people behind the show and that Wonder Egg is a genuine product of their passion, but the show really just tries to do way too much at the cost of its narrative cohesiveness and it's hurts the show overall. The setup for this new lore dump really wasn't there in the first half and I don't know what the show is actually trying to say. I thought I understood the underlying messages in the earlier episodes but at this point it just seems like Wonder Egg is trying to go everywhere at once and loses its sense of direction in the process.
Old 2021-07-01, 00:23   Link #132
Thor's Hammer

It's clear that the people behind Wonder Egg Priority bit off more than they can chew. It was a mistake to introduce sci-fi elements into Wonder Egg Priority after over half the story had been told already. I considered WEP to be a 6/10 during the early episodes, but with how terrible this "final" episode was, I'm now dropping my score for the show to a 3/10.

This show could have brought up and dealt with suicide among teenagers in a meaningful way, but no, Frillbot had to be introduced. It's clear that the creators of this show came in with no plan, and that's why the show ended up the way it did in production hell. There's no way this series is making a profit, so I'd say there's a 99% chance there won't be a sequel, so this will in all likelihood be the last we see of Wonder Egg Priority. Goodbye and good riddance to a terrible show.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-01, 11:34   Link #133
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I'm disappointed that so many people are disappointed. But oh well...
Old 2021-07-01, 19:23   Link #134
Sides

I think episode 13 was fine, but it didn't really made a difference compared to the ending in episode 12. At the end of ep12 we knew that Ai returned to the world.
Ep13 just basically tried to explain why she made the decision to return to the dream world.
The only reason I can see why they decided to make ep13, is to tie up loose ends and to finish the show for good.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-02, 01:13   Link #135
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I think episode 13 was fine, but it didn't really made a difference compared to the ending in episode 12. At the end of ep12 we knew that Ai returned to the world.
Ep13 just basically tried to explain why she made the decision to return to the dream world.
The only reason I can see why they decided to make ep13, is to tie up loose ends and to finish the show for good.
Do you really think that was an appropriate ending? It raised more questions than it tied up loose ends. It was basically a complete non-ending.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-03, 02:59   Link #136
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
Do you really think that was an appropriate ending?
It depends on what the viewer was expecting I guess.
Ep13 was marketed as a special, not an ending. It basically answers the questions why Ai went back fighing in the dreamworld at the last scene of ep12.
In that sense you are right ep13 wasn't as good ending, because the show ended in ep12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
It raised more questions than it tied up loose ends. It was basically a complete non-ending.
You have to be more specific here.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 00:19   Link #137
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

That final episode is the most hilarious trainwreck I've seen in years. It resolves nothing. It renders virtually anything that happened meaningless aside from Ai no longer being a recluse.

I thought Neverland S2 would be the biggest hero to villain turn this year for how it made things even worse than the issues that part of the manga had, but this sets the bar even lower.

This is the last time I ever bother with something made by a live-action drama director. But I'm not angry or upset at all. I laugh. Because Odd Taxi happened in the meanwhile.

Conglaturations, WEP. Your legacy of failure is now complete.
Old 2021-07-15, 23:15   Link #138
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Yeah, I'm never going to win on this one. The last episode was a killer for too many people. And I do get that. One scene in the last episode of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu killed the entire series for me, or at least the second half.

For what it's worth, though, you can read my thoughts on the series here.
Old 2021-07-16, 01:37   Link #139
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
One scene in the last episode of Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu killed the entire series for me, or at least the second half.
If you mean the hints about "who is the real father", they left that scene ambigous enough. So I am, fine with it. Rakugo still was a great series with a solid ending.
Old 2021-07-16, 12:46   Link #140
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
If you mean the hints about "who is the real father", they left that scene ambigous enough. So I am, fine with it. Rakugo still was a great series with a solid ending.
I have tried multiple times to convince myself of that, but it just never sticks. It's my personal issue, and I certainly don't blame anyone else for not sharing it. But that's also what makes me realize there are people who will never accept the WEP finale, no matter what I or anyone else says in support of it. Their objections have personal roots that go beyond the confines of the story.

Tags
magical girls, psychological