Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-22, 17:24   Link #121
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
I find it rather ironic that currently my two main ongoing fics are both set in Heaven's Feel. Considering I have such a love/hate relationship with it.
Old 2010-09-22, 18:19   Link #122
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I find it rather ironic that currently my two main ongoing fics are both set in Heaven's Feel. Considering I have such a love/hate relationship with it.
Well, that could be your way of saying, "There are a lot of things about this route I would like to change."
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 19:06   Link #123
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Well, that could be your way of saying, "There are a lot of things about this route I would like to change."
Well, that's likely true. I mean, if you're going to write AU fics, then why would you write one changing something that you like. The same applies to me, in general. I wouldn't write a AU fic in the middle of HF, I would write one that involved saving Sakura in other routes.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 19:09   Link #124
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
True enough. Though I do admit I have one AU idea for Fate, but it doesn't seem as fun to develop. Besides, in terms of AU material, HF has a lot of things to work with depending on what you change.
Old 2010-09-23, 10:05   Link #125
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

In all honesty? My current project is closest to HF too, though I'm throwing things pretty far off the rails. It's just... well, as much as I have my problems with certain aspects of the storyline, HF does have the widest selection of villains to work with, which makes things easier for me. Yes, it means I'll have to work with that little prick True Assassin, but maybe writing scenes from his perspective will enable me to make him at least seem respectable by showing his thought processes, rather than showing him from the outside as a big skull-masked punching bag.
Old 2010-09-30, 09:46   Link #126
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Reposting with a new story below the first one.

Spoiler for Story:

Spoiler for Another Story:
Old 2010-10-03, 00:20   Link #127
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

All right, here's the beginnings of a fic I've been working on for awhile; I believe we briefly discussed the idea in the Game thread awhile back and I'm only now getting around to writing it having thought of enough plot to actually make it work. In any event, I have the prologue and the first two chapters written out, with the third on the way, so I figured now was as good a time as any to start with the posting.

Just a warning: there will, of course, be game spoilers. Mostly for HF, but some details from other routes might get let out as well.

Spoiler for Chaos Theory, Prologue:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
Old 2010-10-03, 10:52   Link #128
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Hee, sorry for the double post, but it occurs to me that nothing actually happens in the prologue and it really sort of reads more as an excuse for me to practice writing the characters .

So, just because I like you guys...

Spoiler for Chaos Theory, Chapter One:

Last edited by Moczo; 2010-10-03 at 17:15. Reason: It's Kiritsugu, not Kuritsugu...
Old 2010-10-03, 12:49   Link #129
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

"Except Rin. Her plans went wrong just fine without any outside help."

That seriously made me lol.

Oh btw, I think it's Kiritsugu. Not Kuritsugu.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-03, 13:08   Link #130
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

... whoops.

Thanks, I'll fix that now.

Why did I think it was Kuritsugu? It's not like his name doesn't get dropped often enough...

Last edited by Moczo; 2010-10-03 at 13:29.
Old 2010-10-03, 13:53   Link #131
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Hee, sorry for the double post, but it occurs to me that nothing actually happens in the prologue and it really sort of reads more as an excuse for me to practice writing the characters .

So, just because I like you guys...

Spoiler for Chaos Theory, Chapter One:

Somehow, I get the feeling that throughout this fic, the girls will be desiring power tools and sharp, pointy, bladed objects very often. Especially Ilya and Rin. They kind of just give off that vibe, you know? That "I'mma cut you with power tools for two weeks" vibe that makes you both scared and intrigued.

Very "Awww" worthy moment when Shirou was kind to Ilya; very nice move to have her doubts planted in her head much earlier than originally. Like you said, it's a small change, but sometimes the smallest changes are the ones that have the biggest effects on the world.

I look forward to chapter 2! And continuing to be your sounding board.
Old 2010-10-03, 22:39   Link #132
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Okay, the prologue and chapter one of 'Chaos Theory' are now up on FF.net here.
Old 2010-10-03, 22:56   Link #133
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

So damn true it was a hilarious line. Probably due to the fact it is such a true statement .

Do like the small change in events. That interaction with Ilya really can change how events unfold. Even at this point trying to predict how the longer term events will change through that.

Great job Moczo on the start.
Old 2010-10-05, 19:42   Link #134
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

I know I said I'd wait a few days.

I got impatient.

Spoiler for Chaos Theory, Chapter 2:

Chapter One and the prologue can be found here. Or just, y'know... scroll up the page. They're right there.
Old 2010-10-05, 19:54   Link #135
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I know I said I'd wait a few days.

I got impatient.

Spoiler for Chaos Theory, Chapter 2:

Oh, Saber, honey, don't get your hopes up yet. You'll only be disappointed. Or impressed. Or a mix of both.

Hm, so this is what you meant when you said in our convo that Shirou's relationship with Rin would take a blow (or at least, I'm assuming that's what you mean!). It would make sense; really, Rin and Shirou don't start to grow closer until after the Berserker attack, in all three routes regardless of what happens after. If that attack never happens, then there's no reason for them to start drifting together. So not only does Shirou not end up close to Rin, but he might end up more in Saber's favor for not trying to stay with her when they're enemies in the War.

Also... oh, Ilya. You sweet, confused girl. Methinks you won't be able to kill Shirou. How funny that a single moment of kindness can completely shake up her confidence and beliefs.
Old 2010-10-05, 20:19   Link #136
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Oh, Saber, honey, don't get your hopes up yet. You'll only be disappointed. Or impressed. Or a mix of both.

Hm, so this is what you meant when you said in our convo that Shirou's relationship with Rin would take a blow (or at least, I'm assuming that's what you mean!). It would make sense; really, Rin and Shirou don't start to grow closer until after the Berserker attack, in all three routes regardless of what happens after. If that attack never happens, then there's no reason for them to start drifting together. So not only does Shirou not end up close to Rin, but he might end up more in Saber's favor for not trying to stay with her when they're enemies in the War.

Also... oh, Ilya. You sweet, confused girl. Methinks you won't be able to kill Shirou. How funny that a single moment of kindness can completely shake up her confidence and beliefs.
You can really tell she just met him. We all know Shirou is hopeless

Heh, heh... well, it's a part of it, anyway. As for the rest, well, it will become apparent. Heh. Heh. Heh.

That much is canon, even; I just inserted it earlier than usual. Seeing Shirou dive in front of Berserker to protect someone else in Fate and HF was enough to almost instantly shift her opinion of him from 'kill that guy' to 'Okay, I guess I like him...'. The main difference is that in one route it turned into romantic love (or I guess 'obsession'), and in the other it became a familial bond. I wonder which I will use? (FF.net, by the way, has had a number of reviewers already calling this 'The Ilya Route', so it seems they know what they want )
Old 2010-10-05, 20:51   Link #137
Cherry_Lover

Well, I personally don't see a genuine Ilya route working, because Shirou is not a lolicon, and sees Ilya as a little sister. Unless you can somehow obtain a new body for her, I don't see it becoming romantic.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 20:55   Link #138
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
FF.net, by the way, has had a number of reviewers already calling this 'The Ilya Route', so it seems they know what they want
I saw that, and I have to admit, considering the background development given to Ilya and Shirou's relatonship in the game through both Fate and HF (and from how you've developed them in the story thus far), it would seem very possible.

How come I get the sense that when you posted that story, somewhere out there someone cried "Finally! An Ilya route!", fanfiction part notwithstanding?
Old 2010-10-05, 21:07   Link #139
GDB

I look forward to reading more "Ilya Route"!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 21:10   Link #140
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Well, I personally don't see a genuine Ilya route working, because Shirou is not a lolicon, and sees Ilya as a little sister. Unless you can somehow obtain a new body for her, I don't see it becoming romantic.
Oh, you know... all H-game protagonists have a lolicon streak. I personally find it very telling that during the 'imprisonment' scene in Fate, when most normal people would have been thinking "Oh God, she's going to kill me and make a mask of my flesh", Shirou was thinking about how 'warm and alive' she felt. I mean, she was originally the fourth romance option for a reason.

That said, I'm not sure what I'm doing with the romance aspect of the story, or if I'll just... gloss over it. And if I want to make a happy ending (and I'm a sucker for a happy ending), it's basically required that Ilya gets a new body or it's not really happy.

Quote:
I saw that, and I have to admit, considering the background development given to Ilya and Shirou's relatonship in the game through both Fate and HF (and from how you've developed them in the story thus far), it would seem very possible.

How come I get the sense that when you posted that story, somewhere out there someone cried "Finally! An Ilya route!", fanfiction part notwithstanding?
She's a pretty popular character who dies in every route but one, where she will shortly... die. Not surprising her fans want me to give her a storyline all her own.

Though again... she's certainly going to be plot critical, but I kind of want all the girls to shine, so I'm not sure where I'm going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I look forward to reading more "Ilya Route"!
Cool! More readers is always a good thing in my book!

Last edited by Moczo; 2010-10-05 at 21:22.

Tags
character, discussion, fanfiction